A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

good drug research sites? - Teresa

Posted: Apr 27, 2012

Hi all. I'm wondering what sites are your favorite for drug researching? The main issue right now is a sentence that has me wondering. It says: "The patient has no known allergy for the s/l listed." I've never heard it put that way before. He must be talking about the meds the patient usually takes, but, if he's been taking them, of course he has no allergies to them! This is a separate sentence as I have it in caps. Do you need anything else?

I have tried looking up anything that ends in "..listed" in case it's a drug, but no luck. could he actually be saying just what it sounds like? Thanks.

the FDA site is searchable - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
here is the link

Similar Messages:

Radiology Good Reference Sites
Apr 07, 2011

I am SO excited.  I just received a call from a local hospital for an interview tomorrow for an full-time inhouse transcriptionist radiology position.  I am not sure yet if they pay by the line or the hour; I hope it is hourly then I would know exactly what my pay will be instead of by the line since  you never know from one pay period to the next how muych it will be.  Believe me, this is rare as I live in the middle of nowhere and 3 hospitals that are within driving distanc ...

Need To Update Resume -- Any Good Sites
May 01, 2014

I need to update my resume. Does anyone know of any internet sites that offer templates that are free or does anyone recommend any sites. ...

Good Sites To Search For Coder Jobs Besides Monster And Careerbuilder?
Mar 07, 2012

Anybody know? ...

Good Drug Reference Book?
Feb 23, 2011

I am a newly hired MT and do not have a drug reference book yet.  I am looking for suggestions for a good drug reference book.  Also, looking for any other suggestions that may help me improve my knowledge and speed.  Thanks! ...

Doing A Little Research Here
Nov 16, 2010

Wondering if shift differential is a common thing for radiology MTs.  Any rad MTs out there get it?  If so, what hour of the evening/night does it kick in? ...

Research Tip
Jul 29, 2011

Which search engine do you find most effective for finding words? Please share your favorites!! ...

Should Have Done Some Research
Nov 11, 2012

WOW.  I wish I had done my homework before accepting even a PT position with this company.  To date, paperwork in, but nothing for a few days now.  After accepting this PT position I happened upon this forum and have already started looking for a new job.  I am supposed to start with Nuance in a week working 7-11 pm CST.  Not ideal hours but I guess what they had available.  Been in the business for almost 15 years and have never heard so much negative about one pla ...

OB/GYN Sites
May 18, 2010

Good morning all! I'm starting a new account which is an OB/GYN clinic and also will entail a good deal of prenatal anomalies and investigations as well. Does anyone here have any particular favorite websites they use as an informative guide for terms, abbreviations, etc., related to this field?  If so, would you be so kind as to share any links? Thanks so much in advance for any valuable information you're willing to share. Have a great Tuesday! ...

Looking For Research Resources
Dec 01, 2010

I am looking for a resource where I could plug in the symptoms and perhaps come up with a diagnosis or name of a condition.  There must be a site like this by now--a Dr. Google, if you will. Does anybody know of such a thing? ...

Research Shows - MTs Are Better!
Oct 10, 2011

We've always known it, but now the medical research is bearing out the same truth: MTs are more accurate than speech recognition. I try to keep track of studies like this; they're good ammunition! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21940580     ...

How Come MM Can't Pay Us For Looking Up And Typing Research
Jun 27, 2013

The acct I am on, we have "free text cc's." you have to go into a seperate website, search the doc data base for the name and then type that info on the report. You know how long that takes?  This acct I am on has 20 pages of rules.. I did not ask to be put on this acct, I was switched over and now am on 100% QA as I entered a DOS incorrectly.  Can you say fed up with this for minimum wage?? It is just too much. Retirement is looking thank the Lord. ...

MT Market Research
Oct 15, 2013

Hey everyone, I'm doing some market research on transcription and was wondering if you might be able to give me some pointers? Firstly I'm trying to figure out who the biggest players are and I've come up with Nuance and M*Modal. These seem to be by far the biggest, but I've also found some smaller companies like Presyce, Superior Global Solutions, TransTech, Acusis and MedScribe - are there any others I'm missing? I'm also looking at the pricing these companies ...

Scams Are Everywhere, Please Research And Think Very
Feb 12, 2014

That can't be posted or emphasized enough.  Whatever job posting seems good, research it and double check everything before sending a resume with all your personal information. Do NOT EVER accept any checks  (especially written for large sums)  from any companies to purchase anything -  that should be nothing but common sense.  People, you're broke now, and desperate for a job, but how much more broke are you going to be if you fall for these types of iden ...

Research Tips?
Mar 24, 2015

What are your favorite research tips? Any suggestions on how you cut down research time and increase productivity? I need to get my productivity up, seriously! Would appreciate any suggestions to that end, thanks! ...

Laboratory Web Sites
Oct 12, 2009

Can someone help me with puting laboratory values in the right order? Or maybe a web site that is helpful. Thank you ...

Recommended FTP Sites?
Oct 18, 2010

I have been working through a company as an IC and now have an opportunity to gain a local account, but I need an FTP site that I can receive wav files and send reports back, does anyone have any suggestions?  The last time I did local accounts they were still using tapes, LOL! ...

Pathology Sites
Jun 10, 2011

I just switched over to typing pathology reports, are there any good sites that you recommend to help with learning some of the words and phrases.    ...

FYI - Extra Research Now Required
Mar 16, 2010

For all that do not want to do the extra research to fill in the blanks cuz it takes too much time, too much effort, losing money trying to get it all done to help your qa submission rate I'd like to welcome you to what we as QA/MME have been doing for 3 cpl ....all of that research and more.  Now maybe some MTs (not all) will stop throwing QA under the bus and realize what we've had to do all this time for 3 cpl.  Thank you and have a nice day. ...

Pick Research Solutions
Jul 13, 2013

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of a company called Pick Research Solutions.  It looks like they are paying 1 dollar per audio minute, and I have never done audio minutes before.  It looks like the job I would be doing is transcribing one-on-one telephone interviews at about 45 minutes in length.  I really don't know how long it would take me to do it, but I do know that I type 80+ words per minute, but more importantly, the question is if anyone h ...

I Did Some Research And It Looks Like The Indian MT's Make
Sep 06, 2013

about $3.00 an hour!!  That's working for Nuance.  ...

Interview For Research Paper
Mar 02, 2015

Would anyone be willing to give me a quick interview?  Questions include:  How did you get into field?  Why did this field appeal to you?  Does it meet with your satisfaction?  Years of employment and level of responsibility?  ...

MT Dictation Practice Sites
Nov 16, 2009

Thanks for all the useful comments and equiptment tips. I am waiting for my internship.   Want to keep my skills sharp. What on-line sites would you all recommend for daily MT dictation pracrtice? I am currently redoing over and over my course materials. Also what does one do to improve on grammar and punctuation skills? Thanks. from Vermont, Diane     ...

Laboratory Data Web Sites
Dec 11, 2009

I seem to be having a problem with getting the lab data in the right sentence structure can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance. ...

Due Diligence: Should I Get Into The MT Biz? Which Are The BEST Training Sites?
Feb 09, 2012

There are SOOO MANY conflicting opinions on the MT profession, and SOOOO MANY options for training - the more I know, the more confused I seem to be. A "training program" or an "accredited school"?  Independent contractor or employee?  Doctor's office or national transcription company? I attended a very informative one-day class on the MT industry.  MT is a field that I have been interested in knowing more about but have not had the time to look into.  Now, I am unempl ...

Sites For Dental/OMFS
May 08, 2012

Does anyone know of sites for dental/maxillofacial procedures or terms? ...

Transcend/Nuance Web Sites Down?
May 21, 2012

Can't get into beyond text or the MLS site.  Any problems known? ...

Job Sites And Incomplete Information
Mar 01, 2013

Does anyone else on this board have an issue with companies not posting all of the information needed for people to apply? On a different board I found a job that I was interested in that  and I wanted to apply for it but some of the information ( i.e. years of experience, types of programs used etc) were not there. Should I stay away from companies that do this? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Into Other Sites That The Jobs Available Do
Jan 27, 2014

not come up and says you can access the server. ...

Recommended Job Sites/Companies?
Oct 03, 2014

I'm currently in CareerStep and hoping to be done with my training in the next month or so. I'm trying to get a jump on companies I might want to apply for, and I'm not sure if I'm really getting anywhere. Many of the companies on GlassDoor are geting barely 2 out of 5 stars! CareerStep partners with a bunch of schools as well and I can only get information on about half of them off of Glassdoor. So any recommendations OR companies to stay away from would be great! ...

MTTest Testing Sites
Dec 09, 2014

It has been my experience that any time a company requests that you go to their testing site to complete a test, it seems to be a waste of time in screening candidates.  The audio files are extremely hard to hear and half the time the audio skips.  There should be a better way to screen applicants than by using these testing sites.  It is a no-win situation.  You spend two hours doing their screening and trying to transcribe reports that are not the work type that they are ev ...