A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

eyes normocephalic? - jaybe

Posted: Jan 08, 2013

Can anyone help?  In the physical, under the section "eyes," the doctor says "normocephalic, atraumatic."  Might this be a mistake on the doctr's part?  The section only is for eyes, and ent is a separate section.  I just never heard that used specifically for the eyes.

No - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
Normocephalic literally means "normal head." He mis-spoke. He probably meant "Head," but I would flag it.

Similar Messages:

I And O For Eyes?
Nov 10, 2011

"...her visual acuity is 20/30 in both eyes which it was in April.  She has no I and O , but she did have a left I and O at her last visit."   S/l I and O (eye and oh) ...

Eyes Don't Want To Focus
Dec 04, 2009

My eyes do not want to focus today.  I have to actually think and make them focus on my computer screen.  I had to put my glasses on already today.  Does anyone else have this problem ever?  Is this an occupational hazard or is there something wrong with me?  I do work a FT job and a PT job totalling over 60 hours a week, maybe my eyes are just extremely tired.  ...

S/l ??? Involving The Eyes
Aug 08, 2010

The patient has good tone to her lower eyelids with neutral vector with medial fat pads bilaterally with slight s/l kinexis......   Thank you ...

Anyone Buy The EZ Eyes Keyboard?
Feb 29, 2012

I really want to give it a try.  I am just so hooked on my old keyboard.  I know it is not expensive, so I might do it anyway.  Looks cool. ...

EZ Eyes Keyboard
Mar 26, 2012

I type many hours a day several days a week and usually use the old clicky keyboards but thought I'd give this one a try.  Don't waste your money.  It's smaller than a standard keyboard with big letters on the keys and it's so light it moves constantly. You nearly need to velcro it down.  The touch is hard, makes your hands very tired and the backspace is in an odd position to you constantly hit the wrong key or have to stretch your pinky out a couple of inches ...

Il-eyes-ur-al Obstruction
Mar 28, 2012

I know I am just having a dense moment.  I know it must be a form of ileum.  Or I think I know.  But I am just coming up blank.     O: Abdomen is soft, nontender.  Bowel sounds diffusely increased.  A:  Possible partial il-eyes-ur-al obstruction. P:  Increase fluids, fiber, Colace 100 mg b.i.d. and Senokot S two p.r.n.   Please help an overtired dense MT.   ...

Eyes Injected With S/l Trigunes ?? Nm - Thank You
Oct 07, 2010

nm ...

EZ Eyes Keyboard - WARNING
Mar 19, 2012

I went to order my EZ Eyes keyboard (the one with the yellow keys and BIG lettering for those of us who are eye-fatigued and visually challenged), and by a stroke of luck happened upon a website full of probably HUNDREDS of complaints.  Apparently, credit/debit cards are being charged in some cases TRIPLE what the amount should be.  While I really, REALLY wanted that keyboard, I didn't want to risk my debit card being hammered for 2 to 3 times the actual amount, so I decided to c ...

Is It Eyes Of The Scotty Dog Or Scottie Dog? THX!
Sep 21, 2012

s ...

PSH - Bilateral S/l Xanthums Removed From The Eyes.
Aug 10, 2010

x ...

Knife For Laser Surgery/eyes
May 17, 2012

I have had this word a dozen times and every time I hear it, I get stuck again becuase it's hard to find - Tuk knife??  Tuke knife - took knife?  Sounds like "took," and is for laser surgery for the eyes.  Twenty years in this business and my mind is fried!  ...

There Was A Mild (s/l) Refractavera Difference Between His Two Eyes
Sep 07, 2012

Physical exam. diabetes patient There was a mild (s/l) refractavera difference between his two eyes. ...

Spending The Afternoon Crying My Eyes Out
Dec 04, 2014

Just so sick of the run-around by Nuance and the crappy speakers. Feel so trapped. ...

This White Screen In DQS7 Is Killing Me. Eyes Hurt, Headache.
Oct 19, 2012

In DQS6, where the screen color was determined by what you set Windows colors, I had a nice pale green which is very easy on the eyes. And what's up with the dark grey highlight for SR!? Harder to see the black text underneath. Shesh, these changes from DQS6 where definitely made by people who do not have to look at a computer screen all day. I will never forget the day I was looking for a specific keyboard and the computer salesmen did not comprehend why I was so picky. They had ...

Neuro Eval For Headache. There Is No Pain On S/l Bal-ak-man Of The Eyes Through Closed Eyelids.
Oct 01, 2014

x ...

(Eyes) Ocular Motor Control - Kind "Debic" Test?
Dec 16, 2009

This dictation is giving me a workout.  Anyone hear of a "king (s/l) debic test" for ocular motor control?  Is it king debit test?  I can't seem to find much in Google.  Any help would be great appreciated.  This is over a 22 minute dictation but at least I'm getting quite an eductation here. I usually get only 75-120 second dictations and it sure is nice to stick to one for such a long period of time, especially with such a clear dictator.  ...

S/l "synoferous" In The Context Of Deep Set Eyes, Esotropia...TIA .... NM - Prabbu
Nov 14, 2012

.. ...

Ma ScoIn NEURO Exam: "Glasgow Core Eyes 4, Verbal 5, And Motor 6. "
Feb 01, 2011

:) ...

Fingers Crossed, Eyes Crossed, Knocked On Wood
Dec 02, 2011

Well, just as I landed my "dream" job with a very small MTSO and began making good money (albeit with no insurance benefits), lo and behold if I didn't get a call for a local "headhunter" today to open negotiations with a local group of specialty physicians who are apparently bringing their transcription back in house and want someone ready to hit the ground running.  Full-time, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., hourly pay, paid vacation, paid sick leave, a one-MT-show so priv ...

For A Lighter Moment, Everyone Hum "Cant Take My Eyes Off Of You"
Sep 28, 2010

nm ...

S/l "T Vera" For Eyes???
May 04, 2010

Here's the sentence: Diagnosis:  Ischemic optic neuropathy consistent with _____s/l "T vera" or T vira" ???? He does talk about hematologic conditions in the body of report... ...