A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

(Eyes) Ocular motor control - Kind "Debic" test? - Vikefan

Posted: Dec 16, 2009

This dictation is giving me a workout. 

Anyone hear of a "king (s/l) debic test" for ocular motor control?  Is it king debit test?  I can't seem to find much in Google.  Any help would be great appreciated.  This is over a 22 minute dictation but at least I'm getting quite an eductation here. I usually get only 75-120 second dictations and it sure is nice to stick to one for such a long period of time, especially with such a clear dictator.  Merry Christmas to me!  :-) 

Thanks so much in advance!  Hope you're having a great transcription day!  :-)

Duh. I found it - Vikefan

[ In Reply To ..]
I finally heard her say "V" instead of B" in the "Devick" test. That clinched it and I found it. It's King-Devick" test. I still haven't found the chemo med.

I think it is Erbitux mangled up. sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you check out the link I sent you below?

"King" debic test - cwoodall

[ In Reply To ..]
King-Devick test

Similar Messages:

Ma ScoIn NEURO Exam: "Glasgow Core Eyes 4, Verbal 5, And Motor 6. "
Feb 01, 2011

:) ...

Documed Test - Can't Control The Speed / Volume Of File
Feb 03, 2012

It is so ridiculous when these companies test you on these players where you can't control the speed or the volume especially when the sound clarity is poor intentionally. ...

Ocular Tests
Jan 22, 2010

I have a dictator who dictates the same thing every time and it is fairly clear, but I can't verify it despite looking at a lot of ocular testing sites.  I'm hoping someone here can tell me if I am understanding it correctly.  This is in the context of saccadic eye movements, gaze-hold nystagmus, VOR to slow head movements, VOR to rapid head movements, vergence.  It sounds like, "times 1 viewing" followed by "not tested," but once it was followed by "Patient saw mul ...

S/l Motor Oil
Apr 07, 2011

dr says under sterile prepped and draped the cyst in the right breast is aspirated and approximately 7 mL s/l motor oil and classic fluids are obtained. ...

Motor And Sensory
Dec 04, 2010

Motor and sensory ?  are grossly intact. ...

S/l Base Motor Symptoms
Oct 13, 2010

patient is on Prempro. had hot flashes at one time. obviously this "symptom" is menopausal related. any ideas?? ...

Modic Changes Versus Motor Changes On MRI?
Jul 28, 2014

Can motor changes be seen on MRI? Or is this Modic changes? Thank you. ...

Sensorimotor Versus Sensory Motor
Sep 02, 2010

On physical exam which is the correct term sensorimotor or sensory motor?  ...

S/l Arched Motor Unit Potentials
Jan 08, 2013

Activation shows *s/l arched* motor unit potentials, especially in the gastrocnemius muscles bilaterally. Hope someone else is awake at this ungodly hour to help me out. Thanks! ...

I And O For Eyes?
Nov 10, 2011

"...her visual acuity is 20/30 in both eyes which it was in April.  She has no I and O , but she did have a left I and O at her last visit."   S/l I and O (eye and oh) ...

Eyes Don't Want To Focus
Dec 04, 2009

My eyes do not want to focus today.  I have to actually think and make them focus on my computer screen.  I had to put my glasses on already today.  Does anyone else have this problem ever?  Is this an occupational hazard or is there something wrong with me?  I do work a FT job and a PT job totalling over 60 hours a week, maybe my eyes are just extremely tired.  ...

S/l ??? Involving The Eyes
Aug 08, 2010

The patient has good tone to her lower eyelids with neutral vector with medial fat pads bilaterally with slight s/l kinexis......   Thank you ...

Anyone Buy The EZ Eyes Keyboard?
Feb 29, 2012

I really want to give it a try.  I am just so hooked on my old keyboard.  I know it is not expensive, so I might do it anyway.  Looks cool. ...

EZ Eyes Keyboard
Mar 26, 2012

I type many hours a day several days a week and usually use the old clicky keyboards but thought I'd give this one a try.  Don't waste your money.  It's smaller than a standard keyboard with big letters on the keys and it's so light it moves constantly. You nearly need to velcro it down.  The touch is hard, makes your hands very tired and the backspace is in an odd position to you constantly hit the wrong key or have to stretch your pinky out a couple of inches ...

Il-eyes-ur-al Obstruction
Mar 28, 2012

I know I am just having a dense moment.  I know it must be a form of ileum.  Or I think I know.  But I am just coming up blank.     O: Abdomen is soft, nontender.  Bowel sounds diffusely increased.  A:  Possible partial il-eyes-ur-al obstruction. P:  Increase fluids, fiber, Colace 100 mg b.i.d. and Senokot S two p.r.n.   Please help an overtired dense MT.   ...

Eyes Normocephalic?
Jan 08, 2013

Can anyone help?  In the physical, under the section "eyes," the doctor says "normocephalic, atraumatic."  Might this be a mistake on the doctr's part?  The section only is for eyes, and ent is a separate section.  I just never heard that used specifically for the eyes. ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

Eyes Injected With S/l Trigunes ?? Nm - Thank You
Oct 07, 2010

nm ...

EZ Eyes Keyboard - WARNING
Mar 19, 2012

I went to order my EZ Eyes keyboard (the one with the yellow keys and BIG lettering for those of us who are eye-fatigued and visually challenged), and by a stroke of luck happened upon a website full of probably HUNDREDS of complaints.  Apparently, credit/debit cards are being charged in some cases TRIPLE what the amount should be.  While I really, REALLY wanted that keyboard, I didn't want to risk my debit card being hammered for 2 to 3 times the actual amount, so I decided to c ...

Is It Eyes Of The Scotty Dog Or Scottie Dog? THX!
Sep 21, 2012

s ...

QC Out Of Control
Jun 12, 2013

It looks like I'm not alone judging by the posts I just read but have to vent anyway. Anyone else think QC is out of control? The minor things they are editing for defeats the whole purpose of having eScription. There are dictators I've done for years that I used to breeze right thru and now I find myself micromanaging every chart, to make sure every pause has a comma or period. All this is just slowing me down and then the clients wonder why their account is so far behind? I can' ...

PSH - Bilateral S/l Xanthums Removed From The Eyes.
Aug 10, 2010

x ...

Knife For Laser Surgery/eyes
May 17, 2012

I have had this word a dozen times and every time I hear it, I get stuck again becuase it's hard to find - Tuk knife??  Tuke knife - took knife?  Sounds like "took," and is for laser surgery for the eyes.  Twenty years in this business and my mind is fried!  ...

There Was A Mild (s/l) Refractavera Difference Between His Two Eyes
Sep 07, 2012

Physical exam. diabetes patient There was a mild (s/l) refractavera difference between his two eyes. ...

Spending The Afternoon Crying My Eyes Out
Dec 04, 2014

Just so sick of the run-around by Nuance and the crappy speakers. Feel so trapped. ...

Rate Control Med
Aug 10, 2010

s/l valtayazam for rate control ...

Fluoro Control?
Oct 04, 2010

Hi alll, my first time posting! Am transcribing this op report...this is what I "hear" The fracture was known to be relatively stable preoperatively, and the 3 titanium screws were inserted percutaneously, using the 2-sleeve technique over a guide wire.    Fluoro control was utilized.  Blood loss was essentially nil, as the procedure was done through a 3/4 inch skin incision.  Postoperative wound was closed with 3-0 Dexon.  Patient tolerated the procedure well.  ...

Volume Control
Mar 25, 2012

Hi folks, Is there a way to turn the volume up or down using just the keyboard fod DocQscribe?  Thanks a bunch. ...

Damage Control?
Mar 31, 2015

Does it seem to anyone else that there are a few responses on this board today that are obviously damage control.  I call BS!!!  If you were making so much and were so happy, why would you be on this board? ...

Pain Control With ?CAD Infusion
May 18, 2010

This is a note on a patient with lymphoma.  "...pain is being controlled with cad infusion, with basal rate of 1 mg/hour".  Dictator pronounces "cad" (not individual letters c-a-d).  Am aware of chemotherapy combos (i.e, cyclophosphamide, Adriamycin, dacarbazine, and cytosine, arabinoside, daunorubicin) but am wondering if they would be used for pain control.  Also, earlier in the report, the dictator makes it sound as if chemo has been d/c'd.  In the back of my ...