A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

does not sound correct, any ideas? - tired out mt

Posted: Feb 04, 2010

This is typed exactly as said, but does not seem correct to me.

Examination of her tendo Achilles on the left does show some thickening in the primarily tendinous portion for about a 3 inch length.  She is mildly tender but it is markedly thickened.

tia.

I think it is correct... - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a part of the tendo Achilles referred to as the tendinous portion.

The doc may have placed the word "primarily" a little awkwardly, but I wouldn't change it.

Thank you very much. - tired out mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that word "primarily" is what makes it sound so awkward. Thank you.

Similar Messages:

Does This Sound Correct?
Nov 01, 2010

The anterior segment is improving, however it is requiring the use of Restasis twice a day along with sustained balanced four times a day and GenTeal gel in the evening.  Not sure if sustained balanced is correct? Thanks! ...

This Does Not Sound Correct
Nov 26, 2010

it was felt that the hemolytic event was taking was taking place systematically, accounting for the instability of the patient's hct and hgb.  The "entaric/enteric but loss was probably not secondary to GI bleeding. The patient had ulcers in the stomack, duodenum.  I thought it might enteric but that does not seem to fit. ...

Does This Sound Correct After A Laminotomy? Sm
Jun 28, 2013

After that, Valsalva maneuver is performed by anesthesia.  No anal leakage or spinal fluid or bleeding. Not my usuall doctor, covering for someone, so I am at a loss.  He performed a facetectomy and laminotomy if that helps.     Thanks! ...

Does This Sound Correct? (recon Plate)
Jan 25, 2010

The patient is now about 4 weeks postoperative open reduction and internal fixation of his left clavicle **at the recon plate**. tia. ...

Any Ideas??
Feb 12, 2012

Help! I am transcribing from some tapes, yes tapes, and the sound quality is extremely poor.  Wondering if anyone knows if conference mode versus dictation mode makes any difference in sound quality.  Need to do something.  Digital would be best if I can convince them to change.  Thanks for any suggestions. ...

Need Some Ideas.
May 24, 2012

Well this whole transcription thing is not going well. Duh! With a really bad work schedule, an hour commute each way and now the threat of the hospital outsourcing our department, I am trying to think of something I can do from home besides work for peanuts for a MTSO. I am expecting my first child soon and really want to be home with him.  Does anyone have a friend or family member who has successfully implemented her own business (perhaps with a transcription background) and if so, ...

Any Ideas?
Dec 11, 2013

Tried testing for Accentus, but my foot pedal would not play the voice file.  It did absolutely nada.  I could not go backward or fast forward.  I was able to hear the test voice file just fine, so I went ahead and hit the tab to take the test.  I transcribed 4 words, went to back up, and I couldn't.  Any suggestions as to why my stinking foot pedal would not work?  It works fine when I am transcribing for my present service.    ...

Ideas??
Apr 07, 2015

Hi Guys/Gals,   I am dictating a doctor who sounds like he has a mouthful of marbles.  Under Physical Exam he states, "Abdomen is soft, no _____megaly.  It is not organomegaly because I have transcribed this doctor many times and it sounds nothing like it.  Any ideas on what else it could be?  ...

Any Ideas Of Another Career In Which I Can...
Apr 15, 2010

put all of this wonderful medical terminology to good use?  Don't want to be a nurse.  I hate needles and blood.  I am a very empathetic and compassionate person.  I really don't want to deal with the public/customers. ...

Ideas On Chairs
Jul 18, 2013

Hello all,  I have been in the transcription business now for 8 years and I have yet to find a comfortable chair! Comfort is everything when you are trying to stay in one spot to get a decent line count and when your butt is numb or tailbone hurts it's hard to do that!  Could you please share what kind of chairs you all have?  I am determined to buy one this weekend even if it is outrageously expensive!    TIA  ...

Why All The Scams Lately? Any Ideas?
Feb 09, 2014

Its getting sickening. ...

Any Ideas For Wording?
Mar 11, 2015

I am rewriting my resume to get out of the MT field.  Was wondering if anyone had any words or phrases that might help describe strengths the average MT has that would transfer to the "real world" ?  Thanks so much. ...

Mentoring - Any Ideas Or Advice?
Mar 05, 2010

I am a recent grad and would like to start working part time however, I believe i need more experience in transcribing actual reports. I would like to have a "mentor" so that I can be more confident in my ability to transcribe and not be afraid to apply for a position as a medical transcriptionist. Can anyone give my any ideas or advice? ...

Footpedal Mystery, Ideas Anyone?
Dec 09, 2011

I need to work in bed for a few weeks due to a leg injury. Does anyone have any ideas so I can use my footpedal?  I have been trying to think of something to use besides pillows to hold it in place at the right angle but I'm not having much luck.  Figured one of my brilliant peers would have ideas!! ...

Deskjob Munchy Ideas
Jan 30, 2012

Hey fellow MTs, I don't know about any of you, but I constantly desire munchies or something of the like at my desk while I'm working.  As my waistline has been increasing steadily over the past few years, I was wondering if any of you have any healthy or even somewhat healthy munchy ideas.  So far I've gone from M&Ms and Hershey Kisses to peanuts and raisins, but...yeah...I wouldn't mind some other ideas.  Thanks all! ...

Ideas For New Comp Plan
Aug 15, 2012

Since it is obvious the new comp plan isn't done maybe we could give them help and point in the right direction.  I would love to hear what everyone thinks, good or bad.  Would you rather get paid hourly or by the line? How about a shift differential for the weekend? What about extra money per report for those accounts with multiple carbon copies and tedious demographic screens? Some companies consider FT and offer benefits at 32 hours, would that be something anyone would be ...

Need Good Ideas On Being Productive With
Sep 14, 2012

Will be many different clinics.  I am accustomed to acute care only but this account will be about 70 percent clinic and 30 percent acute care.  TIA ...

Anyone Have Any Other Work From Home Ideas?
Apr 04, 2013

So far, I'm still hanging in there with MT, wondering how long this will last, like many of us are. I'm prepared to get a job outside the home if need be and will be starting school soon, but am wondering if anyone might have the scoop on any other ideas to make a little money from home. ...

Scholarship Ideas Requested
May 14, 2013

Hi folks.  I'm an ex-MT of 32 years.  When I was 50 years old, I started college, got a degree in IT, and am now an IT Project Manager. I know the financial struggle my fellow MT's are going through, and I want to give something back to help others have the ability to feed their families once again and to stop losing their houses. I'm considering setting up a college scholarship fund.  It won't be overly large in the beginning, but it will be a start.  I ...

Careers MTs Switch To--Ideas?
Sep 06, 2013

What type of careers are any one of you who are leaving MT or who are former MTs are retraining for? I'm very undecided. I'm not too crazy about being in school a long time or least longer than 1-1/2 to 2 years. I thought about coding but heard that that field is changing too like MT. I would like to stay in the medical field but I'm not sure about the degree of direct patient contact I want. I thought about radiology technician but not really sure. Any ideas to at least all ...

Totally Baffled, Any Ideas?
Mar 21, 2014

Can anyone give me insight as to what I may be doing wrong here?  I applied to a large company as an IC for evening shift.  I passed the first interview, took the test and was told I scored very high and the QA score on the testing was 99.9%.  I have 20 years experience.  I have done straight transcription (250 plus lines per hour) and voice recognition (400 plus lines per hour) and was willing to do either one, was willing to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening shifts.& ...

What Are Some Good Career Ideas For An MT Who Wants
Apr 10, 2014

Besides coding... ...

Any Ideas How To Get Past Burn Out? Right Now, It's
May 01, 2014

not really feasible to look for another job outside home. I live in a very small town and care for my aging mother who is not in the best of health. Right now I'm really feeling a major period of burn-out with transcription. Most days, I'm ready to throw my hands up and quit, just walk away from it, but then I see my checkbook laying on my desk as a reminder that I can't do that. I'm tired of trying to understand mushmouth practitioners, those who talk at the speed of light, ...

Portable Computer Cart Ideas?
Feb 27, 2010

As my family leaves the next, I would like to be able to come out of my work "closet" and be able to set up in my family room by a big window.  However, when we have guests, I would like the option of moving the cart back into the closet.   Has anyone found anything that works for this?  The cart has to be sturdy enough to hold all the computer hardware including a printer.   So many that I see have a support or floor under them which would prohibit the use of a foo ...

Needing Help And Ideas Re: Googling V NonGoogling
Jun 14, 2010

I am about to take on an account where I work in the hospital's VPN.  Their VPN blocks the internet entirely.  I am used to quickly going to very good websites for dosages of drugs, spelling of difficult words and meanings of certain words which docs may say out of context.  But now I am about to experience a wall where I cannot get to the internet while typing on the hospital intranet.  Besides having to buy another computer, does anyone have any suggestions (aside from ...

Dream Kitchen/office Ideas
Jul 30, 2010

Hi my fellow MTs!  Pinch me I am dreaming!  My SO is building us a new home, and Monday we meet with the kitchen designer/cabinetry dude to layout the kitchen, which will include my office. He was insistent that he build a corner desk overlooking the woods, the best view of the house!  He did not want me holed off in another room of the house, but wants to keep me in the heart of it!  Yes, he has an ulterior motive... preparing scrumptious meals while I work... but thats fine ...

Orthopedics, S/l Paroko Testing. Any Ideas? TIA Nm
Apr 19, 2012

sss ...

Med Listed In Allergies: S/l Nagonox? Any Ideas?
Jun 29, 2012

n/m ...

Problem In Seeking Own Clients. Ideas?
Jan 30, 2013

So I've started pounding pavement..but switched to calling first to ask if I may bring my business card and a flyer outlining my services to them.  Here's why: Besides the percentage that only use EMR, the others fall under a huge umbrella of healthcare chains, and these chains outsource their MTs. Out of about 30 so far, I found ONE chiropractor who was independent and took my info saying they may need an MT soon, and one other who said he's had the same MT for 30+ years (lu ...

Ideas To Increase Editing Productivity?
May 11, 2013

Since most of us are stuck editing for miniscule wages, lets share ideas on things you do, or have tried, to increase productivity. I haven't done editing for a long time so am experimenting with new things. Does anyone use their expansion software to perform commands like to quickly do reformatting? How about discontinuing duties you used to perform like searching for the first name of a doctor to CC? Timesavers when proofing, like ignoring the ROS and PE? How many can suces ...