A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

doc dictating a lap chole -- uses s/l Petelan forceps - thanks in advance

Posted: Nov 14, 2011

xx

Pennington? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Lap Chole W/ Intraoperative Cholangiogram
Jul 30, 2010

I need some help.  Op note for lap chole and intraoperative cholangiogram.  Doc says "The gallbladder was placed on traction in the ___ peritoneum, coursing into the hepatoduodenal ligament....."  The blank almost sounds like he is saying "fatal" peritoneum, but I don't think this makes sense.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Please and thank you tons!!! ...

? Forceps
Dec 02, 2012

s/l "bears" forceps.  The procedure is an abortion.   Thanks. ...

Utrotter Forceps
Oct 13, 2010

utrotter forceps used in eye surgery ...

Hear With Forceps?
Nov 02, 2010

This person has a foreign body in the foot.  Does this sentence make sense?  There appeared to be a foreign body distally that was visible and could hear audibly with the forceps. Can it be heard audibly as the forceps hits the foreign body?  Thanks for any help.     ...

Hot Shoe Forceps
Dec 04, 2010

I think I posted this in the wrong place the first time... need to know if anyone has heard the term hot shoe forceps.  Not sure if it is Hatshu, or hot shoe... just can't find anything remotely like it anywhere.  A polyp in the colon was biopsied and ablated with hot shoe forceps.  Any ideas? ...

S/l Afrin Forceps
Dec 09, 2010

For debriding ulcer. ...

Micropituitary Forceps?
Jun 05, 2011

This doctor is dictating that he performed an "internal discectomy with a micropituitary forceps."  This is another term I've never heard nor can I find it online. ...

D&C Biopsy Forceps
Jun 30, 2011

Patient having D&C.  Sounds like doc is using rattlestone biopsy forceps.  Any ideas?  ...

S/L Rote-N-Cup Forceps...?
Nov 30, 2011

It's for a laminectomy procedure and reads (s/l) "...disk material to where it could be retrieved with Rotencup forceps."  Thanks in advance! ...

S/l Maxscript Forceps
Dec 17, 2012

Subretinal membranes were peeled with "Maxscript forceps" ?   Thanks :) ...

S/l Bouche Forceps
Dec 21, 2012

otolaryngology report.   Thanks.  :) ...

What Types Of Forceps Are Used That Start With T?
Nov 09, 2009

what types of forceps are used that start with T?  He used closed _________ forceps??? ...

Biopsy Forceps In Colonoscopy
Sep 20, 2011

Dictated:  there was a small polyp in the cecum which was removed using large s/l bodding biopsy forceps. bodding, body-and, biting, bodine... I hear the 'b' at the start, the 't' or 'd' in the middle, and 'ing' or 'ine' on the end.     Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

S/l Da-kum-suh Assessing Forceps (brow Procedure)
Dec 03, 2009

xx ...

Anyone Heard Of A Forcep S/l Rayogel Forceps
Mar 13, 2013

hi all:  has anyone heard of a forcep s/l rayogel forceps.  Thanks for any help. ...

Eye Surgery/gussey Forceps And Presson Blade
Sep 22, 2010

Fuchs dystrophy surgery...having some problems with names of instruments used in the surgery.  Sounds like "Presson" blade?  and sounds like "Gussey"forceps? ...

Not Dictating Mg With Dose...what To Do?
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor is not including the word mg with doses of medication. Do I just transcribe what I hear or insert it? IE- simvastatin 10, vitamin E 400 b.i.d., metformin 850 b.i.d., ibuprofen 400 p.r.n ...

Dictating Out Of Order
Dec 07, 2009

This is driving me crazy!  My main account has several docs that dictate their review of systems and PE out of body system order, like instead of the neck head down, they dictate the abdomen or extremities first.  ...

Okay, I Have A New Resident Dictating A
Jul 02, 2010

3-day hopsital stay discharge summary.  It is 30 minutes long.  This going to be fun.  ...

YAWNING AND DICTATING
Jul 13, 2010

I very seldom vent or complain, but it has just got to me today.  This surgeon does such good dictation, EXCEPT when he yawns and continues to dictate.  How in the world does he think we can understand him when he does this.  It is not a little yawn either.  It almost makes me shutter when he does it.  I am sorry, I just had to finally vent after listening to him for 10 years. ...

Gah! Hang Up When You're Done Dictating!!!
Oct 01, 2010

He does this all the time...turns a 1.5-2 min dictation into a 15 minute dictation.  I fast forward through it, but I still have to "listen" to the whole file before I can turn in the dictation.  This is on top of being a horrible dictator; he whispers, shuffles papers, etc, and has extremely long pauses between words.  Gah!!!! Okay, just had to get that out of my system.  Thanks! ...

One Or 1 When Dictating Medication
Nov 06, 2010

I have always thought the numbers less than 10 should be in numeral form if referring to medication.  So I thought 1 tablet of Vicodin a day would be the appropraite way to type it or 2 tablets of Vicodin a day.  However, I am not sure.  Any ideas? ...

Resident Dictating
Mar 16, 2011

I've got a resident dictating and is on the PE.  "Blood pressure 110/80 and ___________ was 65 and regular." I know that the blank would be heart rate, but the res says something like "balance" or "bowels"....is there a new term or an old one that has escaped me? TIA ...

Gum Chewing While Dictating
May 21, 2011

I'm going freaking nuts!  I am trying to transcribe a resident's dictation (bad enough), but she's smacking and chewing gum throughout the whole thing.  It's so loud that I can hardly make out what she's saying.  I don't very often rant and rave, but ... I DON'T GET PAID TO HEAR SOMEONE CHEW GUM!!!!   ...

RNs Dictating - GRrrrrr!
Apr 10, 2012

Okay, if you're going to have an RN, FNP, or PA dictate for you, at least make sure they know the terminology!    I just suffered through at 10 minute discharge summary on a patient post CVA, and this lady was reading the CT scan and MRI reports of the brain into the record with clearly no idea at all of what she was reading or what it meant or how to pronounce the parts of the brain.  Thank goodness I've been around long enough to be able to get and idea and fill in so ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 03, 2012

SO SICK OF DICTATORS EATING HARD CANDY, CHEWING GUM AND EATING CRUNCHY FOOD WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!! NERVE WRACKING AND TIME CONSUMING WHILE WAITING FOR THEM TO MOVE THEIR FOOD AROUND AND SWALLOW!!!  NOT TO MENTION THE RATTLING OF CHIP BAGS....HOW UNPROFESSIONAL CAN YOU GET?????????? ...

So The Doc Just Sneezed While She Was Dictating
Aug 13, 2012

The doc sneezes twice and I muttered to myself "God bless you."  Apparently someone in the office did, too, because then the doc said "thank you."  The timing was perfect and it made me laugh.   ...

Every Time One Of These Dictating
Apr 01, 2013

doofuses puts in the wrong work type, the report should be sent back to them to fix.  How hard is to just put in the correct type?  I guess that's too simple. ...

Dictating Lab Values
Jul 06, 2013

dictating lab values: albumin 2.7, low. s/l "HU" ratio low at 0.6. ?? Thank you!! ...

Eating While Dictating
Apr 18, 2014

Note to all doctors who eat while dictating... STOP IT! Okay, you jerks swore to do no harm. You violate that oath every single time you pick up a phone and dictate. Eating while dictating is just one of the many things you do. How would you like it if someone came up to you and started chewing their food right in your ears? Oh, you wouldn't? Gee, could have fooled me! What's that you say? No one would show a doctor that kind of disrespect? You are nothing but an over-educated, self in ...