A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Instrument s/l Malibolt? - TeacherturnedMT

Posted: Jul 21, 2011

It's a pericardial drainage surgery report and doc says, "A Mali bolt/Malibolt was used to retract the peritoneum and preperitoneal fat." Definitely sounds like 3 syllables. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Malecot catheter? (NM) - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

GYN Instrument
Nov 23, 2009

A s/l BRIDE-SKI was used to locate the anterior lip of the vagina. ...

Instrument Name
Apr 20, 2010

This is a vasectomy.  The (s/l toppif) ____ was then used to isolate the vas within the scrotal tissue and the vas was delivered through a 5-mm incision.  TIA ...

OB/GYN Instrument
Dec 15, 2010

The ovary was manipulated with S/L paddle grasper, which was used through a right lower quadrant port site.... Thank you in advance. ...

ENT Instrument
Apr 19, 2013

The punctum wre dilated and the ...

Ophthalmologic Instrument
Dec 29, 2009

Anyone familiar with a Baron or Byron punch used in an eye surgery to punch a button in donor tissue.  Tried google MT - no luck. ...

Name Of Surgical Instrument
Apr 27, 2010

Has anyone heard of a mohorner ? He is doing a left thyroid lobectomy and says:  A mohorner was then utilized in order to create exposure with the midline strap muscles incised longitudinally.    ...

Surgical Instrument?
Nov 26, 2010

orthopedic surgeon dictating "we did a subacromial bursectomy with a 4.3 mm Couda/Cooda?" ...

Orthopedic Instrument Help
Feb 07, 2011

The sentence is "There was some chondral debris in the suprapatellar pouch that we carefully evacuated with a shutter".  Clearly sounds like shutter but I can't find this anywhere.  ...

Can Anyone Remember An Instrument
Mar 27, 2013

TIA ...

Cartier Surgical Instrument
Oct 10, 2011

I am doing a Da Vinci robot assisted surgical procedure and it sounds like they are using a cartier (card-e-air) instrument...spelling anyone?  Thanks!! ...

Surgical Instrument Names
Aug 05, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of faceless scissors?  or "bi-see" forceps? ...

Sponge, Lap, Needle, Instrument Count
Oct 15, 2010

What does "lap" stand for?  Thanks. ...

Instrument To Remove Ganglionic Fluid?
Nov 12, 2010

I apologize for the rough s/l, hoping someone will know what it is....   ganglionic synovial fluid, which I then removed with a s/l"renejure" ...

Instrument S/l Cry-coke To Elevate Trachea-sm
Jul 07, 2011

Patient is having a tracheostomy. ...

Abdominal Procedure-OB/GYN S/l P Care Instrument - Any Ideas?
Aug 08, 2012

XX ...

Knee Arthroscopy Sounds Like Surfak For This Instrument
Sep 20, 2013

Physician says what sounds like Surfak for this instrument, Using a medial portal, the _____ instrument was introduced into the medial compartment for synovectomy for chondroplasty of the medial compartment,  ...

Can Anyone Document - Explorer Endometrial Biopsy Instrument
Mar 17, 2014

Lukay Or Lookay Ring Instrument Used For Spinal Surgery (sm)
Dec 06, 2010

sounds like lookey or lukey..can't find anywhere.  TIA ...