A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help with bone scan - NC Girl

Posted: May 25, 2010

Status post bone scan, 05/21/10, demonstrating: 1) linear uptake corresponding L5-S1 level consistent with subacute compression fracture; 2) additional uptake in the posterior midline L4-5, most likely due to pseudofacilitation of the spinous process with reactive marrow edema, consistent with Baastrup’s deformity; 3)...

It really sounds more like pseudo facetization!  Any help would be appreciated. 

pseudocalcification - maybe?

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

S/l Terpatanes Bone Scan
Aug 31, 2010

If symptoms persist, I think a s/l terpatanes bone scan may give us some evidence about whether this is coming loose or not. The patient has pain after a unicompartmental knee replacement. TIA. ...

Bone Scan Results Question
Feb 24, 2012

The bone scan only showed total warm activation in the left midfemur? ...

S/l Recommending A Tubal Face Bone Scan For Symptomatology Of RSD
Jan 28, 2010

Orthopaedic IME report.   Dr. ________ is recommending a s/l tubal face bone scan for symptomatology of RSD, a sympathetic block, and a trial of Lyrica. Can someone clarify? Thanks! ...

Bone Scan Findings Sounds Like Suprascan Or Superscan Appearance.
Mar 08, 2013

Bone scan.  He has diffuse metastatic disease involving the axial and appendicular skeleton with a super scan appearance.  ...

S/l CT Sick Scan? 6 Scan? Thick Scan?
Feb 10, 2010

Patient with upper abdominal pain. She received a CT ** scan of her chest and abdomen. There really isn't any further context that would help. ...

Waxed The Bone Isches With Bone Wax
Jun 01, 2015

Has anyone ever heard of the word bone isches. I am working on a spinal surgery and I can't seem to find the word isches. I am sure I am not hearing that right. Thanks for your help. ...

"Beecher" Scan? Type Of Chest Scan
Nov 04, 2010

Sentences: "A CT scan of the chest was ordered by primary care provider for the complaint of pleurisy.  A (s/l Beecher) scan was ordered thereafter." I have a feeling I'm going to kick myself when I realize what this one was, but I am fried and just can't find it.  Any thoughts? ...

S/l Blastic Bone Spur Or Blastic Bone Spread?
Dec 28, 2009

anyone heard of this? Thanks, Abby ...

Scan Medical In MI - Anyone Still Working At Scan Medical
May 29, 2011

Is anyone still working at Scan Medical.  I lost my account and just wondered if she is getting more accounts. ...

Bone On Bone
Oct 24, 2010

Is bone on bone contact hyphenated?  bone-on-bone? ...

Bone Health
Sep 02, 2010

Under the impression and the "bone health" heading, the patient is said to have s/l "avortionate" problems - on ergocalciferol for vitamin D deficiency.  He is diagnosed with Gout, Crohn's, OA, inflammatory arthritis, and polyarthralgia/polymyalgia. ...

Parent Bone?
Oct 25, 2010

In a craniotomy, sounds like parent bone.  I found parent artery but not bone.  ...

S/l Wafe Of Bone
Mar 30, 2011

I am doing an arthroplasty of the index finger at the MP and PIP joints and the doc keeps saying "I took a 1-mm s/l wafe of bone"....it's not wave because I'm hearing the "f" sound in there.  Anything like this sound familiar?  He says it over and over. ...

??? Bone Bruise
Mar 31, 2011

The dictation is: "... reviewed his MRI which shows an ACL tear, coallative bone bruises, questionable posterior horn medial and lateral meniscus tears."  Any ideas? ...

Teachers Bone?
Oct 04, 2011

neuro report, "appears to be a bony lesion involving the base of the skull involving the teachers bone" can't find this anywhere, got any ideas?  thanks ...

Ethmoid Bone
May 02, 2012

Spicules of s/l agernazi bone within the anterior ethmoids were removed. ...

? Bone Cutter
Aug 21, 2012

The s/l Horsak bone cutter was used to transect the lesion at the margin of the scapular border transecting the periosteum of the scapular tip.   Procedure:  Removal of periosteal lipoma.     Thank you.   ...

***s/l Fee-b-x*** Bone Graft?...appreciate Any Help
Mar 06, 2013

nm ...

Bone Stalk
May 15, 2013

Dictator in surgery says, "attachment to acromion was easy, due to the hearty bone (s/l stock). Could it be stalk or stock? I have done orthopedics for years and haven't heard that particular term. ...

CT Scan Help
Oct 26, 2009

with adjacent deep white matter hypoatenula faction secondary to old infarct This is what it sounds like, but not finding anything close to this ...

CT Scan Or CAT Scan?
Feb 25, 2010

QA changed CT scan to CAT scan on one of my reports.  Also, in that same report, gram was changed to gm.  I always thought it was CT scan and "gram."  Have I been doing it wrong all this time?? Thanks. ...

Seen On MRI Scan
Jun 17, 2010

"Seen on MRI scan not unlike adolfsin's fingers." Any clue to adolfsin's fingers?  I appreciate any help!  ...

V/Q Scan
Aug 26, 2010

Sounds like... No "wedge-shaped " pleural-based defects identified.  Could that be right?  Thanks... ...

CT Scan
May 26, 2011

CT angiogram of the carotid arteries.  The word I am looking for S/L Reuben or Rubin images...? Thank you in advance. ...

Scan Help
Jul 16, 2011

This is for a melanoma surgery .. . Doc says:  The patient had been injected by radiology prior to the surgery with technetium sulfer colloid.  s/l Metho-sintigraphy had shown suggestion of some uptake  . . ...

Help With MRI Scan Please
Dec 16, 2011

He is flying through the sentence and cutting himself off but it sounds like he is saying ....   "Exam was performed in the body coil secondary to body habitus. **Dynex** study was performed."   I am not sure about the Dynex. Can someone please help me?   Thank you so much! ...

Why V/Q Scan?
Oct 10, 2013

Anyone ever wonder why it's V/Q scan instead of VQ scan.  And why the Q anyway?  Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but for the life of me I can't remember a reason for this. ...

Need Help - Doc Says Five Five Bone Cutting Shaver...
Mar 05, 2010

how would you type this?  Any help appreciated - thanks! ...

TYPE OF BONE PUTTY
Mar 24, 2010

Anyone familiar with what s/l Acell or Asell bone putty - used in an interbody fusion?   ...

Air-bone (?) Conduction Intact.
Aug 12, 2010

Doctor dictates for Physical Examination: Ears:  TMs intact.  Hearing grossly intact.  "Air to bone" conduction intact. Is that transcribed "Air-bone"? ...