A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Radiology - "high signal phoenix?" - me

Posted: Mar 15, 2010

This is an MRI of the ankle.  Tried to google this but wasn't sure.  Thanks!

A fracture of the posterior process of the talus is present with high signal ?phoenix? standing between the fracture fragments.

4 NEX? See what I found. Also glossary. - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]

http://fonar.com/glossary.htm

3T MR Imaging of the Musculoskeletal System (Part I ...by RR Ramnath - 2006 - Cited by 9 - Related articles
... obtained at 1.5T were 4 NEX (number of excitations) or four acquisitions. ..... (A) Pulsation artifact is seen over the posterior aspect of the medial tibial plateau ... constant of tissue, there is an increased incidence of standing waves. ... This results in a maintenance of high signal for fluid

"seen extending" - me

[ In Reply To ..]
The "ex" I'm hearing goes with "tending" and not standing, so it's "high signal seen extending." I'm sorry. Thanks. There was a long pause between "seen-ex" "tending" :)

Radiology - "high signal phoenix?" - sewprano

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be "syrinx?"

Similar Messages:

S/l Loprozol 50 Mg BID. Pt Has A Hx Of Type II DM, HTN, High Lipids, High Lipids, Heartburn, Neurop
Jan 12, 2010

x ...

D2? Signal
Oct 14, 2010

There is some increased D2(?) signal in the lateral facet of the patella but no evidence of a significant cartilage flap ...

S/l Signal And Morphology
Feb 08, 2010

MRI scan performed 02/02/2010 indicates a normal MRI scan of the left shoulder, and also the left trapezius musculature normal in s/l signal and mophology .  The clavicle and scapula are intact. TIA. ...

Increased Signal?
Mar 20, 2012

On MRI:  There is increased –signal?-- in the subacromial space, consistent with bursitis. I just can't hear what he says.  Thanks. ...

The Turn Signal Syndrome
Nov 11, 2009

Honestly, this dictation I'm doing is like the turn signal syndrome.  What I mean by that is people who don't bother to use their turn signals when they turn (I know, I'm anal.  I even use mine in parking lots).  There's a reason they're on the car and it's against the law not to use them when indicated. This doctor doesn't know how to use the turn signal, er, um, pause button, and I'm sitting here listening to um, ...

MRI Of Brain-*implease*signal???
Nov 18, 2010

I am having trouble understanding what the word is. I have played it over and over, and tried every possible thing I could think of. The doctor has a very strong foreign accent and the word sounds like "implease". On the non gadolinium-enhanced T2 weighted images, implease signal is identified within the left sphenoid sinus. ...

S/L Ovid Zone Of Signal Intensity.....sm
Sep 24, 2010

A focus of bone marrow multiple myeloma lesion is not excluded, although the degenerative posttraumatic focus is another possibility.  Finally, there is an S/L ovid zone of signal intensity.  ...

On Lumbar Spine MRI, S/l Retro Frageers Signal Abnormality.
Nov 30, 2011

MRI of the lumbar spine demonstrates no evidence of any drop metastases.  There is an incidental note of s/l retro frag eers signal abnormality.  (or right rofrag eers) ...

There Is A (s/l Lens) Shaped Area Of Low Signal In The Weightbearing Portion Of The Lateral Femoral
Sep 27, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Phoenix MedCom - Does Anyone Out There Work For Phoenix MedCom?
Mar 23, 2011

Does anyone out there work for Phoenix MedCom?  Passed their test but am hesitant to go forward when the pay is substandard and I've already been warned that the account is difficult.  However, I've been out of work since October and something is better than nothing :( ...

Phoenix Medcom - Any Information On Phoenix Medcom?
Jul 09, 2012

Hi, any information on Phoenix Medcom?  I see they have a job posted.  Thanks ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

Phoenix Med
Dec 27, 2012

Does anyone know anything about this company.  They seem to be advertising a lot for help.  Thanks ...

Phoenix Med-Com
May 08, 2014

Does anyone know anything about the company Phoenix Med-Com, pay rate, platform etc?  Thanks! ...

Phoenix Medcom (NY) - SM
Dec 21, 2009

Note:  My search of the archives only brings up a host of "We are currently updating our site/forum software" page errors. According to their webpage, ''Experienced, qualified transcriptionists are paid line rates that are competitive with today's rates. We pay on a 65 character line, headers and footers included.  The rate that we pay may be based on worktype, volume, consistency, and quality of work.  Our payment translates to very good hourly rates, which is the ...

PHOENIX/MEDCOM
Apr 15, 2010

Thinking of working for them?  Any input, good, bad or ugly? TX ...

Phoenix Medcom Now
May 12, 2014

Read the old posts, but how is it to work for them in acute care or ortho today, in 2014?  Volume? Dictators?  Nitpicky QA?  Thanks for sharing.  ...

Phoenix Medcom
Dec 15, 2014

Any current info on Phoenix Medcom? Anyone currently working for them? Good, bad, or otherwise?  They offered me a job but there seems to be a lot of hoops to jump through, and I haven't even started!   ...

Has Anyone Applied At Phoenix Medcom
Dec 28, 2009

Has anyone applied at Phoenix Medcom over the last few weeks and gotten a response?  Also would love to hear pros and cons from anyone who works for this company.  Thanks.   ...

US Transcription And Phoenix Medcom
Jan 21, 2010

Curious about the good, bad and ugly on each of these companies? I applied to both and have been accepted at Phoenix, but wanting to know more about from anyone working for them or having worked for them. I was laid off recently from another well known company talked about here on this board quite a bit recently, and am looking for another IC gig so I found Phoenix Medcom and hopefully found a good fit and a new home! Thanks! ...

Anyone Working For PHOENIX MEDCOM, INC
Mar 25, 2010

Just wondering as I have an offer to test from them, and I never heard of them before.  these days, we must all be careful. ...

Phoenix Medcom Question
Jul 28, 2010

Phoenix Medcome pay scale states a line rate for "templated lines".  What does this entail?  Is it only the template that comes in with the job itself?  Rates seem a little low.  Does anyone work there that can confirm a line rate increase, incentive pay, or something of the sort?    Thanks- ...

Ctech LLC And Phoenix Medcome
Jul 31, 2010

Can anyone give me any info about these companies? ...

Phoenix MedCom Training
Aug 03, 2010

Hi : ) Just wondering what the training is like for Phoenix MedCom.  Thanks in advance : ) ...

Phoenix Medcom - How Does It Work Out
Aug 02, 2011

To anyone who works for this company - how does it work out for you not being able to access the internet while working i.e. words, medications, etc?  ...

Phoenix Medcom Pay For Spaces?
Aug 15, 2011

Does this company pay for spaces?  Also, how does it work out if you  need to look things up, meds, etc?  Thanks for any input.  ...

Any New Info On Phoenix Medcom
Feb 13, 2012

Any new info on Phoenix Medcom. ...

Does Anyone Work For Phoenix Medcom?
May 04, 2012

Does anyone work for Phoenix Medcom?  They are looking for an orthopedic MT.  Wondering if their work flow is consistent and if their pay is decent and dependable. Thanks ...

Anyone Work For Phoenix MedCom
Nov 20, 2012

I saw this company in a job posting and want to try a more flex schedule. I work  part time right now but have to work weekends and am getting tired of it.  I don't need insurance and barely get any PTO as it is so I feel I am not losing anything, only gaining time and flexibility.  My husband and I like to travel a bit and it is very hard with this job to ask for time off, even without pay.  Any thoughts on working for this company? ...

Phoenix Medcom - Anyone Hear Of Them?
Nov 27, 2012

I sent in a resume to this company since I thought it was an interesting twist on working from home.  I received a reply with an application and haven't heard anything else yet, but with the holiday, things tend to slow down a bit.  I was curious if anyone else has applied and heard anything different from them.  TIA.  ...