A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Plastic surgery: Pedicle was drawn with S/L --- green. - nm

Posted: Apr 29, 2013

Sounds like saline green, but it's not that.  Any help? Thank you.

brilliant? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

indocyanine green? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

here is some info on that, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Perfusion diagnostics of tissues and organsICG is used as a marker in the assessment of the perfusion of tissues and organs in many areas of medicine. The light needed for the excitation of the fluorescence is generated by a near infrared light source which is attached directly to a camera. A digital video camera allows the absorption of the ICG fluorescence to be recorded in real time, which means that perfusion can be assessed and documented. This is used in the following cases:

Plastic surgery: skin and muscle transplants; determination of amputation level
Abdominal surgery: gastrointestinal anastomosis
General surgery: wound healing and ulcers
Internal medicine: diabetic extremities
Heart surgery: aortocoronary bypasses
In addition, ICG can also be used as a tracer in cerebral perfusion diagnostics. In the case of stroke patients, monitoring in the recovery phase seems to be achievable by measurement of both the ICG absorption and the fluorescence in everyday clinical conditions.

the question has nothing to do with perfusion - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
you should do some research before you post, - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
How do you know that? There has to be confirmation on pedicle perfusion before it is divided and that could be entirely what it is all about. Some info below for further reading.

Recently, intraoperative laser angiography using indocyanine green was introduced to reconstructive surgery. This vascular imaging technology provides real-time assessment of tissue perfusion that correlates with clinical outcomes and can be used to guide surgical decision making. Although this technology has been used for decades in other areas, surgeons may not be aware of its utility for perfusion assessment in reconstructive surgery. A group of experts with extensive experience with intraoperative laser angiography convened to identify key issues in perfusion assessment, review available methodologies, and produce initial recommendations for the use of this

Similar Messages:

Plastic Surgery Word Help, Please
Jun 21, 2010

She is status post left lower eyelid lesion and s/l radioplaning of multiple seborrheic keratoses.  Any ideas??? TIA!!! ...

Plastic Surgery Word Help
Oct 12, 2010

facial plastic surgery, in submental crease, preserving submentalis muscle.  Subperiosteal dissection was then carried over the "pegonion" over the central symphysis.  Cannot document "pegonion."  Thanks for any help. ...

Plastic Surgery Help - S/l Sad Or SAD Pleats
Feb 15, 2012

Dr. dictates, Fat was injected into the nasolabial folds and "sad"  pleats.   Thanks for any help.    ...

I Was Doing An OR Report Plastic Surgery And The
Jul 11, 2014

surgeon dictated something like what sounded as Shoefine something 5-0 fast absorbing catgut for closing a pannus.  No clue. ...

Plastic Surgery... Please See Message
Sep 08, 2014

The patient has an intradermal nevus. Doc says: We have talked about excision, which would leave her a 2 cm scar s/l HERVERSUS of shaving. TIA. ...

Plastic Surgery...please See Message
Dec 02, 2014

Male patient. Doc is saying: I have told him that his best chance of improving the protrusion is an incision in the periareolar area and excision of the s/l gynecoid mastoid tissue. Gynecoid has to do with females, not males, so I am confused. TIA. ...

Capitalization - Would I Cap Plastic Surgery And Have A Comma? 
Mar 16, 2010

We will discuss with Dr. ___ (plastic surgery Mayo Clinic)  the doctor dictates the parenthesis.  Would I cap Plastic Surgery and have a comma?  We will discuss with Dr. ___ (Plastic Surgery, Mayo Clinic) ...

Plastic Surgery ? S/l Ray-No Incision For Facelift
Jun 16, 2011

xx ...

Plastic Surgery Of Nose..please See Message
Dec 07, 2014

Physical exam shows that she has deviation of the base to the right of the nose, clover leaf deformation, and deviation of the overall tip. She also has a large infratip area with a significant s/l JANE-U bend in the inferior portion of the crus. TIA! ...

Need Plastic Surgery (skin Lesion) Word Help, Please
May 20, 2010

I have recently started back to work and am having difficulty with a word and would love help.  This is regarding a lesion on a nose:    It is somewhat irregular in appearance and very well could represent a malignancy, especially given its rapid growth history.  However, this may also represent a _____________ acanthoma   (blank appears to begin with an N or possibly an M)   Thanks a million for any and all help!  ...

S/l Tibio Plastic Exchange (knee Surgery)
Nov 03, 2011

..even Google didnt help. ...

Plastic Surgery: Measures Excess Abdominal Tissue, "ptongee"
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

S/l RF And A&A Were Drawn
Jan 22, 2010

dictator states in labwork: s/l RF and A&A were drawn and were pending ...

Fascia Was Drawn Upwards With....kookoo??
May 31, 2012

here's a chunk of the dictation around it, during a laparoscopic appendectomy. "We began by making a supraumbilical skin incision which we extended down to the fascia using blunt dissection.  The fascia was drawn upwards with _____ and we incised it with a knife, entering the peritoneal cavity." It really sounds like he is saying "kookoos" or "krowkers".  Any ideas? ...

S/l Pedicle
Aug 30, 2010

The left internal mammary artery was dissected as [pedicle?] [to?] graft from the anterior chest wall. Does this make sense? ...

Pedicle Or Pinnacle?
Mar 24, 2011

The doc is doing a mesh placement for a enterocele and I cannot tell which he is saying.   "The pinnacle/pedicle posterior mesh was then brought out.  The right arm was then loaded onto the Capio needle driver." "The left arm of the posterior pinnacle/pedicle was incorporated into the Capio needle driver and likewise placed over the sacrospinous ligament." ...

Help!! Thoracic Pedicle Screw
Sep 14, 2011

Oriental neurosurgeon, really butchering this report, says this screw about 100 times, sure s/l 4.0 x 30-mm Lexi screw.  Can't find. Please please help!!!! TIA ...

Pedicle, Ovary, And Tube
Jan 05, 2012

Hi, can anyone help? Does the ovary and fallopian tube share one pedicle? ...

The DEP Light Is Still Green
Nov 02, 2012

Surely they know by now? ...

The Stoplight Is Still Green
Oct 28, 2013

The Green Light Is On-do We Dare Try?
Oct 07, 2010

Well wonder if it is really up or not?  Anyone else get on? ...

? In The Green - Dilation And Curettage
Jan 28, 2012

Hi There, I am transcribing a suction dilation and curettage for a missed abortion. I haven't done many of these reports and this word just doesn't seem right. I couldn't find it in a search either. It sounds like worm. Any ideas? Thanks. A 7 mm suction curette was then placed through the cervix and into the uterine fundus. Suction was already tested and (worm) was in the green. A suction curettage was performed. A sharp curettage was performed gently until a gritty ...

Why Is The DEP Now Showing A Green Light? NM
Nov 26, 2012

x ...

Why Is The Number Of My Speed Showing Red And Not Green?
Apr 09, 2013

The number of my speed 1.2 or 1 is now showing in red.  It used to be green.  Have I just commenced shut down sequence for Fluency or is it not a big deal? ...

Fluency Just Kicked Me Out. Anyone Else? DEPnow Is Green...
Jan 02, 2014

x ...

Not Going Back In Til Light Is Green - Tired Of This!!
Nov 12, 2014

x ...

Plastic S/l 10-10
May 05, 2011

Plastic, s/l 10-10; stinsen; tensin, drape was removed (during surgery) ...

Plastic Surg OP
May 12, 2010

anybody ever heard of what s/l "stayfa"?   a partial amputation of the superior aspect of the left ear involving the helical rim and a portion of the _____ secondary to human bite TKS! ...

Plastic Surg Help
Feb 08, 2013

ok, this s/l "purpling".  not sure if it is a dressing or if dr meaning color??  i doubt it's color, but some sort of dressing.  many tks!! Frozen section on the nasal lesion was focally positive at the deep margin. Additional segment of tissue was resected; however, this was taken down to the perichondrium and no further tissue could be removed. It was very friable. The specimen sent for permanent section with a suture at 12 o'clock and _________towards the le ...

Plastic Surgeon
Dec 12, 2014

Has anyone ever heard of a plastic surgeon being referred to as a "plastiastist".   Doctor says: "patient will consult with his (sl) plastiastist, when his patella ulcers are healed".....the dictation is short, so I can't add any further information to help with this.   ...