A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fascia was drawn upwards with....kookoo?? - plug

Posted: May 31, 2012

here's a chunk of the dictation around it, during a laparoscopic appendectomy.

"We began by making a supraumbilical skin incision which we extended down to the fascia using blunt dissection.  The fascia was drawn upwards with _____ and we incised it with a knife, entering the peritoneal cavity."

It really sounds like he is saying "kookoos" or "krowkers".  Any ideas?

Probably saying Kochers... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

as in Kocher clamp or forceps.

Similar Messages:

Deep The Level Of The Fascia Or Below The Fascia
Mar 03, 2015

I have seen this so many times but am still not 100% positive what it is: Two 1/8-inch Hemovac drains were left deep at the level of fascia/below the level of the fascia/below the fascia?"  He is not speaking clearly enough for me to be 100% positive. Thank you. ...

S/l RF And A&A Were Drawn
Jan 22, 2010

dictator states in labwork: s/l RF and A&A were drawn and were pending ...

Plastic Surgery: Pedicle Was Drawn With S/L --- Green.
Apr 29, 2013

Sounds like saline green, but it's not that.  Any help? Thank you. ...

Marshall's Fascia?
Nov 23, 2011

Knee surgery:  "incision carried down to the skin, subcu through the "Marshall's" fascia. I can't find this.  Can anyone help? ...

Imbricated Perivesical Fascia
Jul 14, 2010

sounds like 2-0 Ethibond was used to imbricate in a "Uste" fashion the perivesical fascia over the midline defect. Need to confirm type of imbrication ...

S/l Fox Fascia (shoulder Arthroplasty)
Dec 26, 2010

Total shoulder arthroplasty Using blunt digital dissection, the subdeltoid bursa was developed as well as the plane underneath the "s/l fox" fascia and conjoined tendon. I've seen "faux" fascia being used in other reports from this doctor,  but I have not been able to document this. I feel uneasy about just sticking that in just because somebody else did. ...

S/l Cautery Control Fascia
Aug 27, 2011

The soft tissue was then sharply incised until the cautery control fascia was encountered in that s/l exide/site   does cautery control fascia make sense? ...

Sentence Help? Re: Hemiparesis/hemiplegia/fascia?
Oct 21, 2009

She developed a right hemiparesis progressing to her right hemiplegia and afasia in .. ...

Antebrachial Fascia With *alls* Release
Aug 12, 2013

"I then performed radical synovectomy around each of the flexor tendons, and carpal tunnel and distal volar compartment of the wrist, the antebrachial fascia with *alls* release for several centimeters." ...

Retrorectal Dissection Between S/l Ovarus And Denonvilliers Fascia
Jan 07, 2010

xx ...

S/l Fascia Closed In "SC Jones" Fashion - Nm
Mar 09, 2013

nm ...

"externalis Fascia"
Mar 17, 2015

Dictator very clearly says "externalis fascia" in conjuction with inguinal hernia surgery; however, I cannot verify this term.  Any ideas? ...