A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Kissing cyst - MT in PA

Posted: Jan 08, 2010

Dr. is reviewing a CT scan of an ankle fracture and refers to a "kissing cyst suggestive of early degenerative change in the very anterior corner of the joint." I know I have heard of this term before, just wanted a second opinion is all to make sure I am correct.

there is kissing sequestra. sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
it is a manifestation of osteo articular changes etc.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3961649

probably saying kissing cysts -- meaning 2 - touching each other. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

S/l Vinyl Kissing Balloon Angioplasty
Nov 27, 2013

any thoughts? ...

S/l Choloso Cyst
Nov 06, 2009

MRI has been repeated and she has a stable choloso cyst, as well as stable ventricular size with VP shunt ...

S/l Colodocal Cyst?
Dec 22, 2009

nm ...

Pilonidal Cyst
Apr 09, 2010

When typing an exam of the coccyx (pilonidal cyst) what heading would you put this under?   Back, buttocks, something else?  Thanks.  ...

Baker Cyst Or Baker's Cyst
May 12, 2010

When typing reports is it Baker cyst or Baker's  cyst.  Thank you   ...

S/l Torted Re: Cyst
Jul 13, 2010

Pelvic mass suggestive of dermoid. She may also have a paratubal cyst that may havetorted. She is currently relatively pain free.  ...

Peripelvic Cyst
Aug 01, 2010

Noncontrast CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis showed no hydronephrosis or ureteral calculi.  Prominence in the s/l biatrial calisase thought to reflect a peripelvic cyst. ...

Help! Ganglion Cyst?
Sep 16, 2010

I am transcribing an evaluation of a rotator cuff injury. The physician is going over what a CT and ultrasound of the shoulder showed, and says "moderate sized (indushunction?)  ganglion cyst (bursa?, versus?) tendinosis within the infraspinatus." I can't figure out what she is saying! I have reasearched and reasearched and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help would be appreciated!!   ** whatever the word is before ganglion cyst, I am pretty sure it is refer ...

Cyst Spelling
Jun 16, 2011

In my Stedman's Plastic Surgery Words book, it is spelled tricholemmal, but the physician and other references spell it trichilemmal.  Does anyone know the correct spelling?  Thanks!  ...

S/l Jet Supracet Cyst?
Mar 24, 2011

It is in the spine, he is wondering if it could be meningioma, but s/l jet supracet cyst or jet su facet cyst?  tia ...

S/l Supercation Cyst
Sep 11, 2014

para-ovarian cyst versus "supercation" cyst? ...

Cyst Type?
Jun 10, 2015

Gah - listened to it slow, fast... I'm unfamiliar with the word and can't spell enough of it to find it online. It's just in a list of previous surgeries and unrelated to my topic. Maybe someone here is familiar? Sounds like: Thebirogottal cyst removal ... could be thyrogottal?  Thanks in advance!!   ...

??? Barbay ??? Spinal Cyst???
Oct 20, 2009

He says this several times.  I think this is what he is saying, but cannot document.  Thanks for your help. ...

Altahist Medication For Cyst?
Dec 08, 2009

Doctor is dictating what sounds like "Altahist/Ultahist #20 samples" that would most likely treat a superficial left ankle cyst. The patient also has an URI. Any help would be appreciated. ...

S/l Root Pout Cyst
Feb 03, 2010

MRI scan does show an L4-L5 cyst or impingement, a synovial cyst verses a s/l root pout cyst. tia. ...

Ganglion Cyst Removal -again
Jun 30, 2010

Risks including (s/l) an unlimited of bleeding, infection, scarring, etc. It seems to say either unlimited or nonlimited.  Neither of which make sense to me. ...

Ganglion Cyst Removal
Jun 30, 2010

After the procedure - The wound was clean and dry. Xeroform and dry sterile dressings were applied. (s/l) Gauze, Kling and ace bandage was then applied as a hand dressing. Why would they use guaze and Kling together? Can this be correct? ...

Dissecting Popliteal Cyst?
Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) I am trying to type up a Radiology report, and the word "dissecting" doesn't seem to be the right form for the context of this sentence: "As demonstrated on the thigh MRI, there is a 2.1 by 2.3 cm popliteal cyst (dissecting) along the fascial planes." The doctor uses the phrase "dissecting popliteal cyst" several times, and it is crystal clear that he enunciates an "ing" on the end of the word dissect. Any suggestions? The way this sentence is worded sounds wrong. Like wrong ...

Drug S/l My-o-the-ti-cal Pt Has Hx Of Htn And Cyst On Kidney
Jan 04, 2012

x ...

Type Of Renal Cyst???
Jun 17, 2013

This fast talker is saying "there is a 1 cm s/l axcividic cyst in the left kidney."  Can't quite get that one, anyone familiar????? ...

Renal Cyst Removal...s/l Cysticordication
Nov 03, 2009

NM ...

Drug S/l Col-e-cyst-er-in 4 Mg Daily Pt Has History Of HTN And
Aug 09, 2011

x ...

HYPHEN - Appearing Ovarian Cyst
Aug 22, 2012

Is simple appearing ovarian cyst hyphenated after the word simple?  ...

Type Of Test - Fit, Fits, Pit, Cyst?
Jul 26, 2013

2nd report I've had with this word.  Sounds like Fitz test.  The first report preop was Positive ____ test.  Postop was Barrett's esophagus and he was having an EGD.  This report he says it again, but this time is for a colonoscopy. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks, ...

Cyst At The 1 O'clock To 1B Position (breast Ultrasound)
Jul 01, 2010

A simple-appearing cyst is seen at the 1 o'clock - 1B position measure...   Thanks :) ...

Small Degenerative Cyst In Knee -- Sl Lytivial
Jul 30, 2010

Patient with right knee arthritis.  Ortho doc reading from an MRI report: "There are areas which are consistent with bone islands and a small degenerative (s/l lytivial) cyst." I keep thinking he might mean "tibial," but there is definitely a "ly" or "bi" syllable before the rest of the word.  Any thoughts? ...

Left Ovarian S/l Quap/a/sodium Cyst ??
Sep 25, 2012

Obstetric ultrasound, July 31, 2012 notable for single viable intrauterine pregnancy with probable 1.5 cm left ovarian __________ cyst and 1.6 cm left lower uterine segment fibroid.    I keep hearing quap/a/sod/ee/um ?? or clop/a/sodium ?? ...

MRI Is Reviewed That Shows Ulnar Negative Variance And A Cyst Along The S/l Tri-plec-tro-non. TIA N
Nov 24, 2009

x ...

On CT, Hemorrhagic Cyst Or A "slow Grain Celled Renal Malignancy".
Jun 03, 2011

CT of abdomen reveals exophytic right anal lesion that could represent a hemorrhagic cyst or a "slow grain celled renal malignancy".  ...

Type Of Kidney Cyst--sounds Like "tabernacle"--no Kidding
Dec 11, 2009

Under the assessment, this Asian doc says, "1. Acute kidney injury, probably acute s/l tabernacle cyst associated with urosepsis." Any ideas of what this could be? It might be "tobronacle cyst."  But it's something like that.  Help! ...