A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sometimes a little consideration goes a long way - sapient

Posted: Nov 21, 2009

As I'm typing along for a radiologist that very clearly has a bad cold I hear the begining of a sneeze and then he cuts out. A second later he cuts back in and continues dictating. I was so happy that he actually cut out his sneeze that I left him a digital "sticky note" saying Bless you!

I hope that made him smile

Youre lucky! I usually get the ones that, when they sneeze, - totally blow out my eardrums! -nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I had one yesterday... - hma

[ In Reply To ..]
...who said "have a great weekend!" at the end of a long dictation. Not a big deal, but it's nice that at least some docs acknowledge that there's a human being on the receiving end of their dictations.

I had a very difficult ESL once whom I was ready to KILL, until... - CrankyOldBroadOnTheBeach

[ In Reply To ..]
... at the very, very end, he said, "Thank you so much for your time to take the dictation, God bless you, please."

Okay, now he's allowed to live. :)

Since we are fussing, ha ha..... - MT90

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a dictator yesterday who was doing a consult. He had a HORRIBLE accent anyway, but on top of that, the dictation it self was an hour and a half long. The "Assessment/Plan" portion was almost three pages, paragraph form and he was saying the same things over and over and over. I was about ready to scream by the time I finished. Whoever the referring was that received that consult probably fell asleep before he got through that whole repetitive note. It was terrible.

Similar Messages:

For Your Consideration
Jan 29, 2014

I've read several posts over the past week or two, so some of you must be reading the same articles I have.  Last summer, I read that JP Morgan was going to let One Equity Partners go it alone and no longer back them financially.  Shortly there after another article eluded to the fact that MModal was a cash drain and carried a heavy debt (buyout debt).  We have already restructured several times in the recent past.  Our new CEO has a background in debt management. &nbs ...

Editing To A Deficit. A Consideration
May 02, 2012

As I sit here and edit/retype at 4cpl speech recognition for about 99% of my payperiods, I realize that every time I delete words, sentences, phrases, etc. for quality, for my MME's preference (do not be redundant, delete words dictated like significant for etc)... EVERY TIME I delete words, I am taking pay away from myself. These add up.  So, if I were to sit and delete 99% of a document, I have spent my time reading through and listening with my technical knowledge to gibberish ...

Involves A "5-week-long" Or "5-week Long" Treatment.
Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast.  ...

How Long Does It Take.....sm
Mar 26, 2010

Geez!  I was hired by a national last Friday.  It is a full week later, and they haven't even gotten all the paperwork done.  I thought I had completed it all and then they said human resources forgot a few papers.  Well, they have yet to email them to me today.  I thought I would be at least training by now.  It has been a full week.  I mean they still have to install software on my computer, and I still have to train on ES and the account specs.  Ge ...

NJA- How Long Do We Have To Sit Here?
May 31, 2010

My shift was supposed to start at 8, it is now 8:15 and only 1 job has come through.   Can I send my email and be done with it or once a job comes through do I wait another 15 minutes?   ...

How Long Would It Take?
Oct 18, 2010

Can anyone tell me how long it might take, on average, to type 60 minutes' worth of dictation?  Thank you! ...

Sorry, Rather Long
Nov 21, 2010

This is in the PE section of a consult and the patient is alert but sedated.   ...The neurologic is ( s/l tense) and is intact.  Pulses in the periphery are good.   Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  Sally ...

Why Does It Take So Long?
Mar 08, 2011

Anyone out there notice this?  That it takes twice as long to do an op note anymore in ASR what with all the cutting, pasting, standards, going back to check whether or not to delete headings, blah, blah.  It used to be a cinch to simply bring in one of my standards and make the appropriate changes according to the audio, but now with ASR, it takes twice as long.  I feel like I'm running in place and going nowhere just to make ASR learn something.  It's such a waste ...

How Long
Apr 01, 2011

How long does it take to find a new job with so many people looking for work.  ...

It Has Been A Long Day...
Apr 14, 2011

The patient did some googling and recognized the tightness he was having may have been from a heart attack... Should I capitalize googling?    ...

Need A Job? (long)
Mar 01, 2012

Started working for my current office 7 years ago.  Worked 1 year in the office then needed to work from home so went on contract.  Things were great, plenty of overtime, work as much or as little as I want and still have plenty of time to spend with my family.  After 4 years they could no longer offer me a contract per se, but still had plenty of work so I stayed with them.  Things changed, started having trouble getting my checks on time, sometimes would be becaus ...

How Long Were We Down?
Jun 11, 2012

I can't remember how long we have to be down to get downtime.  Seems like it has to be at least half an hour. ...

How Long Does It Take To Not Be Known As An MT
Jan 24, 2013

I have known where this 'profession' was headed for years; even in the late 1990s I knew. I earned the education that I need with both an associate degree and bachelor's degree (bachelor's degree from Big 10 university) and, still, many people view me as an MT, which we can all agree is not good. I have experience in my new line of work, and I have worked in that field in the past. How long is it really going to take before people do not view me with all the negative stereoty ...

You Know You Have Been Doing MT Too Long When
Apr 07, 2013

you are cleaning out your desk and find a magnetic tape eraser :)   Probably belongs in a museum :) ...

Wow--long Job
May 01, 2013

Edited a job that was 4689 long.  YIKES!  That is the biggest one I have done in a very long, long time.   ...

So Long MM
Mar 15, 2014

I've done my time! On to something else! I can't say my experience here has been terrible, certainly not as bad as some others I have seen, but I just feel it's time to go. Something else presented itself and I took it.  I'll still be checking in on you all once in awhile.  Would like to especially like to wish the potential coders well; I think that's a great opportunity! Wish me luck! ...

How Long Did It Take You To Get Off Of QA?
Dec 01, 2014

I have only been working a couple of months at Nuance and I am just wondering how long it takes to get off of QA and become DSP status.  It feels like QA is nitpicking me to death.  This is the longest I have ever been on QA before.  How long does it generally take to get off of QA.  My last audit was 99.85%.   I cannot seem to get a straight answer from my TSM either... ...

How Long On Non-DSP?
Jan 14, 2015

How long do newbies typically spend on non-DSP status, and besides not having to pend every report, what does it mean to be granted DSP status? ...

That Took Me Long Enough!
Mar 23, 2015

I quit today. No 2 weeks notice. No anything. "You won't ever be able to work for Nuance again if you do this." That's like saying, "You won't ever be able to hit yourself in the face with a hammer again if you throw it away."  There is NO WAY an MT can survive not knowing what they will make week to week. Who can budget like that? They can stick their "compensation plan" up their yin yang.  I am free!  :)  ...

How Long Does It Normally Take
May 27, 2015

Anybody know? ...

How Long Does It Take A Seasoned MT To Do 400-500 LPH
Dec 19, 2009

nm ...

If You're Out Of Work, How Long Have You Been Looking?
Jan 06, 2010

I've been looking since October. ...

After Long Deliberation
Feb 16, 2010

After over a year without an MT job I have decided to turn my degree into a Nursing assistant degree. Not to say the MT jobs aren't out there it is just tough for newer MT's to land them with all of the competition. Employers have the right and the demand to be very picky with everyone vying for the position. Good luck to everyone who stays and does well in the MT business but it is time for me to turn my dreams into reality and start making a little green. ...

How Long Does It Take To Reach 300 To 400 Lph On ASR? Sm
Mar 11, 2010

I have been doing this for a month and I still cannot get past about 225 an hour.  I am either doing things wrong in my opinion or this is for the birds and I should just go back to straight typing!  Any help?  Thanks ...

How Long Does It Take You??....600 Lines...sm
Apr 12, 2010

How long does it take you to type 600 lines?  I am considering taking an at-home position in addition to my in-house transcription position.  The minimum line count for this company is 1800 lines a week and I'd like to not have to work more than three days a week for them, which would be 600 lines per day.  I believe I'd be typing straight into Word, so the only quick-text I'd be using is the Microscoft AutoCorrect.  I would be transcribing clinic notes wi ...

Can I Get Some Opinions, Please? Sm This Might Be Long
May 27, 2010

I'm currently working for a small company as an IC.  There are too many typists on this account, so we run out quite a bit.  I'm looking for supplemental work.  I got a position at the local hospital, still waiting on what they are going to offer me (hourly pay).  It's only PRN, so I was planning on doing that - get out of the house some, get back with having some patient contact, and still work at home too.  I have gone back to college to pursue a nu ...

Has Anyone Had A Company To Sue Them? (Sorry This Is A Little Long)
Jun 01, 2010

This is what happened.  I have done transcription for a local doctor for two years, no problems.  Well, apparently the office starting having money problems and the doctor called me in to ask me how I count the lines.  I told him that I have counting software based on 65 characters with spaces.  I have to keep a log that has patient name, how many lines and how much the report costs, and I turn in an invoice with that. So, anyway, when I told him about the software and the 6 ...

How Long Does It Take To Get An Answer Sm
Nov 03, 2010

from Qcare.  I haven't been able to log into MQ central or get my e-mail for over 2 days already.  I thought they were supposed to answer in 24 hours?! ...

How Long Was Docuscribe Down?
Nov 04, 2010

Just got an e-mail from CCM saying it was down about a half hour - is this correct?  I thought it was closer to an hour. ...

How Long Has MQ Been OS Owned?
Dec 23, 2010

x ...