A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How should numerals next to numerals be written out for medications? - Example inside

Posted: Jun 20, 2012

Doc dictates "omega-3 1000 mg, vitamin B12 1000 mcg, vitamin D3 2000 international units"

My feeling is maybe it should be expanded to "omega-3 one-thousand mg, vitamin B12 one-thousand mcg, and vitamin D3 two-thousand international units," but that feels wrong.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I like the words of and at - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
Omega-3 at/of 1000 mg, vitamin B12 at/of 1000 mcg....etc.

Of/At is what I do - also

[ In Reply To ..]
If my QA is REALLY strict on the verbatim I'll stick a comma in there. Omega-3, 1000 mg; vitamin B12, 1000 mg; etc.

I got corrected - once to

[ In Reply To ..]
omega 3 one-thousand mg, vitamin B12 one-thousand mg. In my opinion adding "at" is a whole lot less characters than spelling out the mg. Just depends on the powers of QA.

Thanks! Fortunately, not strict verbatim so I used of. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks again.

Similar Messages:

Roman Numerals As Ordinals - Sm
Apr 16, 2010

Anyone got a solid reference for this?  D:  "Exam reveals a sixth nerve palsy." Does it stay as an unadulterated Roman numeral ("...a VI nerve palsy"), get a superscript "th" (which formatting our system doesn't retain) or does it change to word (as above)?  Thanks! ...

Can You Combine Numerals And # In A List?
Aug 08, 2012

can you mix them, or do they have to be all numerals or all #?  thanks ...

Sleep Stages - Roman Or Arabic Numerals?
Aug 05, 2012

All literature, including internet, seems to use arabic numerals instead of Roman numerals. Cannot identify who originated sleep stage classification to definitively determine which. Anyone out there know? ...

Are Cranial Nerves No Longer Roman Numerals?
Feb 25, 2015

xx ...

Are Ortho Grades And Types Roman Numerals Or Arabic
Oct 26, 2010

Are ortho grades and types Roman numerals or Arabic?  ...

How Do We Write Stages Of Labour? ARABIC OR ROMAN NUMERALS?
Jul 23, 2014

how to write stages of labour:  stage 1,2,3 or I, II, III? ...

DB HL, How Is It Written?
Jul 22, 2010

How would dB HL be written? dBHL, db HL, DBHL? I'm dong an audiology report and can't verify this. ...

Has Anyone Ever Written To Any Of These
Apr 03, 2012

offering 3 cpl for editing and letting them know what you think of that?  I saw an ad from TTD offering 3 cpl but then stating you can make excellent line counts because the dictators are so clear.  LOL  I would love to email them and tell them they should be ashamed of themselves.  ...

Written By Every MT Who Really Had Something To Say.
Sep 24, 2012

There is a profession well hidden from the world, but involves your everyday care when you go to see your doctor. The skill is called transcription and a transcriptionist is the person trained to prepare a dictated voice recording from your medical provider into a legal document that goes into your medical record. When transcription became a skilled job back in the early 1960-1970s, the reports were typed on a manual typewriter, and then progressed onto the electric typewriter, and on to com ...

Written Warning
Sep 12, 2013

If you have had a written warning, is there something you are supposed to sign? I have seen people getting written up and talking about signing, but I was never told to sign anything in Ultipro. And now it makes me wonder if I was written up at all or just told another lie! ...

Post Written By SR
Nov 30, 2013

hello. I'm posting this using Google speech recognition. Its a program on my android tablet. I never noticed it was here before. It isn't dragon. It isn't capital dragon. Well I guess I can't figure out how to make the capital letter show up, but I think if I found the instructions I probably could. If this tablet computer program works this well for me now, you can imagine how well front end speech recognition works for doctors and hospitals. Sure, there are some minor typos ...

Poorly Written Article, But
Nov 23, 2011

This article is very poorly (almost badly) written, but it makes you think - if the US is going to investigate Alibaba for wanting to own Yahoo, then why not other companies, like MQ that is buying up American MT companies at a rapid pace.  ...

I Made 99% On My Audit. Will I Get Written Up?
Dec 02, 2012

Usually I get a higher score. but I have a feeling I will be hearing from my boss because I only made 99% this time. ...

How Is Prescription For BIPap Written
Dec 15, 2012

Patient has ALS with significant respiratory involvement.  Prescription was for BiPap at 8 04 pressure.  How should this be written?  Is it 804, 8:04 or some other way these prescriptions are written? Thanks for your help. ...

Procedure: LeFort One Or 1, 2P Osteotomy. How Is That Written?? Nm
Feb 17, 2010

xx ...

Allergies Written As Loridine And Fofranil.
Feb 06, 2012

Any help figuring these 2 allergies out?  I get a copy of history and physical sheet from the one PA because he has such a terrible time with meds, allergies, etc. These 2 allergies are written like this on sheet.  The one, Fofranil, is a written scribble literally!!  Thanks for any help!  Patient with PMH of reflux, hypothyroidism, paroxysmal atrial tachycardia, endocarditis, vitamin D deficiency, arrhythmia, double vision, sinusitis, irregular heartbeat and depression.  ...

Mid - Must It Be Written With Another Word Or Can It Be Separate Or Hyphenated?
Mar 24, 2013

midabdomen or mid abdomen - which would be correct or is either equally correct? ...

Softscript - Passed The First Written Test
May 20, 2014

I passed the first written test. I have noted some remarks about SS but nothing current. I am just needing PT. Would anyone want to share any comments about SS? This business is not what it used to be, but at least of all resumes I have sent out at least they have replied. Next is possibly up to a 2-hour interview, which I have never done before. I know everyone has their own opinions and experiences too, but right now I am needing a job good or bad. Appreciate any thoughts. ...

Amniotic Fluid Index, How Is It Written?
Jan 13, 2015

As result biophysical profile is performed with an amniotic fluid index of 1.75+3.00+ 3.5 cm. As result biophysical profile is performed with an amniotic fluid index of 1.75+3.00+ 3.5 cm.    Is this correct or should the + signs be written out as 1.75 plus 3.00 plus 3.5 cm. TIA ...

Curious If There Is Anywhere Written How To Type Diagnoses When A Code Is Given First.
Mar 26, 2014

Is it written somewhere how to type diagnoses when the code is given first? Axis I: 301.82 Depression, not otherwise specified. (This code and diagnosis might not be accurate but just an example.) Do you put a dash between the code and diagnosis, or a comma after the code and little "d" in depression? or two spaces with capital D for depression? ...

Ciprodex HC? I Didn't Find That In My Book...written Correctly??
Oct 01, 2010

Thanks. ...

Two Medications
Jan 28, 2010

I have two medications I can't figure out...first one sounds like "avencia" and the other one sounds like "sulfazolin" - - any ideas??? * The patient has/had  rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes zoster, atrial fibrillation,   high cholesterol, hypertension and large B-cell lymphoma.   Thanks!!! ...

2 Medications.
Aug 17, 2010

s/l pluridol IM s/l syamedrol   Need confirmation on spelling. Thanks! ...

Medications S/l Grosbag
May 16, 2010

medication that s/l grosbag. ...

AIDS Medications
Sep 23, 2010

Does anyone know of a good reference website for antiretroviral meds? TIA! :) ...

S/l Ruvella (under Medications) Nm
Oct 04, 2010

Ruvella or Rivella ...

Best Site To Look Up Medications?
Dec 26, 2010

for spelling etc... ...

In List Of Medications
Jun 27, 2011

s/l bindestradiol transpatch every 24 hours.  Cannot verify the "bind" part.  TIA. ...

Medications: NROS
Jan 23, 2012

It's a new one on me and it's not even in the acronym finder web site.  Any help is appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of RSM Medications
Dec 20, 2012

I have a report where EMS arrived at a home where someone was unresponsive.  Sounds like she said "They administered RSM medications and intubation with good bilateral breath sounds.I cannot find RSM anywhere ...