A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Curious if there is anywhere written how to type diagnoses when a code is given first. - s

Posted: Mar 26, 2014

Is it written somewhere how to type diagnoses when the code is given first? Axis I: 301.82 Depression, not otherwise specified. (This code and diagnosis might not be accurate but just an example.) Do you put a dash between the code and diagnosis, or a comma after the code and little "d" in depression? or two spaces with capital D for depression?

Don't you have access to samples? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Surely your company has samples or previous dictations you can access to know how to format this.

Nope... - s

[ In Reply To ..]
I have seen others reports; there typed like
300.00, depression...
Just seems to me like depression should be capitalized as you wouldn't write out the number but the comma would make that not make sense either.

I would use a period, like this - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Axis I: 301.82. Depression, not otherwise specified.

Is that the huge psych account with the big N? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No, two big Ms - s

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

Curious About What Type Of Fiesa Scores People Are Getting
Sep 13, 2013

Just curious about what type of Fiesa scores people are getting?  Anyone received any type of formal warning for their scores?  Just trying to figure out how important Fiesa really is to the whole sceme of things. ...

Is The Phrase "code Blue" Generally Capitalized As Code Blue Or Not?nm
Dec 17, 2010

nm ...

Code Blue Or Code Blue For Beg Of Sentence?
Dec 29, 2014

xx ...

DB HL, How Is It Written?
Jul 22, 2010

How would dB HL be written? dBHL, db HL, DBHL? I'm dong an audiology report and can't verify this. ...

Has Anyone Ever Written To Any Of These
Apr 03, 2012

offering 3 cpl for editing and letting them know what you think of that?  I saw an ad from TTD offering 3 cpl but then stating you can make excellent line counts because the dictators are so clear.  LOL  I would love to email them and tell them they should be ashamed of themselves.  ...

Written By Every MT Who Really Had Something To Say.
Sep 24, 2012

There is a profession well hidden from the world, but involves your everyday care when you go to see your doctor. The skill is called transcription and a transcriptionist is the person trained to prepare a dictated voice recording from your medical provider into a legal document that goes into your medical record. When transcription became a skilled job back in the early 1960-1970s, the reports were typed on a manual typewriter, and then progressed onto the electric typewriter, and on to com ...

Written Warning
Sep 12, 2013

If you have had a written warning, is there something you are supposed to sign? I have seen people getting written up and talking about signing, but I was never told to sign anything in Ultipro. And now it makes me wonder if I was written up at all or just told another lie! ...

Post Written By SR
Nov 30, 2013

hello. I'm posting this using Google speech recognition. Its a program on my android tablet. I never noticed it was here before. It isn't dragon. It isn't capital dragon. Well I guess I can't figure out how to make the capital letter show up, but I think if I found the instructions I probably could. If this tablet computer program works this well for me now, you can imagine how well front end speech recognition works for doctors and hospitals. Sure, there are some minor typos ...

Poorly Written Article, But
Nov 23, 2011

This article is very poorly (almost badly) written, but it makes you think - if the US is going to investigate Alibaba for wanting to own Yahoo, then why not other companies, like MQ that is buying up American MT companies at a rapid pace.  ...

I Made 99% On My Audit. Will I Get Written Up?
Dec 02, 2012

Usually I get a higher score. but I have a feeling I will be hearing from my boss because I only made 99% this time. ...

How Is Prescription For BIPap Written
Dec 15, 2012

Patient has ALS with significant respiratory involvement.  Prescription was for BiPap at 8 04 pressure.  How should this be written?  Is it 804, 8:04 or some other way these prescriptions are written? Thanks for your help. ...

Procedure: LeFort One Or 1, 2P Osteotomy. How Is That Written?? Nm
Feb 17, 2010

xx ...

Allergies Written As Loridine And Fofranil.
Feb 06, 2012

Any help figuring these 2 allergies out?  I get a copy of history and physical sheet from the one PA because he has such a terrible time with meds, allergies, etc. These 2 allergies are written like this on sheet.  The one, Fofranil, is a written scribble literally!!  Thanks for any help!  Patient with PMH of reflux, hypothyroidism, paroxysmal atrial tachycardia, endocarditis, vitamin D deficiency, arrhythmia, double vision, sinusitis, irregular heartbeat and depression.  ...

Mid - Must It Be Written With Another Word Or Can It Be Separate Or Hyphenated?
Mar 24, 2013

midabdomen or mid abdomen - which would be correct or is either equally correct? ...

Softscript - Passed The First Written Test
May 20, 2014

I passed the first written test. I have noted some remarks about SS but nothing current. I am just needing PT. Would anyone want to share any comments about SS? This business is not what it used to be, but at least of all resumes I have sent out at least they have replied. Next is possibly up to a 2-hour interview, which I have never done before. I know everyone has their own opinions and experiences too, but right now I am needing a job good or bad. Appreciate any thoughts. ...

Amniotic Fluid Index, How Is It Written?
Jan 13, 2015

As result biophysical profile is performed with an amniotic fluid index of 1.75+3.00+ 3.5 cm. As result biophysical profile is performed with an amniotic fluid index of 1.75+3.00+ 3.5 cm.    Is this correct or should the + signs be written out as 1.75 plus 3.00 plus 3.5 cm. TIA ...

How Many Diagnoses? Or All One?
Oct 22, 2009

DIAGNOSIS:  BILATERAL SECOND METATARSALGIA WITH HAMMERTOES TWO THROUGH FOUR ON THE RIGHT, AND HAMMERTOES TWO ON THE LEFT TIA. ...

How Many Diagnoses I Have 3 But Not Sure
Mar 25, 2010

1.  CALCANEAL CYST  2.  PERONEUS BREVIS AND PERONEUS LONGUS TEARS    3.  STATUS POST EXPLORATION OF THE PERONEAL TENDONS WITH DEBRIDEMENT AND          REPAIR OF BOTH PERONEUS LONGUS AND PERONEUS BREVIS TENDONS, AND        DEBRIDEMENT OF CYST IN THE CALCANEUS   tia. Sorry for all caps but that is how we are suppose to type it. ...

Should This Be 2 Diagnoses?
Mar 27, 2010

The doctor says it as one. tia.   1.  RIGHT DISTAL RADIUS FRACTURE 2.  POSSIBLE SCHAPHOID FRACTURE   ...

Is This 3 Diagnoses
Apr 08, 2010

LEFT LATERAL ANKLE LIGAMENTOUS INSTABILITY  PERONEUS BREVIS TEAR METATARSALGIA   TIA.   ...

Diagnoses Help
Nov 11, 2010

I need help with using numbers in diagnoses. If it is dictated as: 9 cm abdominal aortic aneurysm, do I spell out the number 9 or start the diagnosis with using the number 9? I have not found a rule for it in the usage of diagnosis. ...

Diagnoses
Feb 28, 2011

Doing a list of diagnoses ~~  History of s/l "tynaopades" HELP!! Thanks!! ...

Diagnosis Or Diagnoses
Nov 10, 2009

would this be one or two? tia.   DIAGNOSIS:  STATUS POST CHEVRON BUNIONECTOMY, FOURTH HAMMERTOE CORRECTION ...

1 Or 2 Diagnosis Or Diagnoses?
Nov 10, 2009

DIAGNOSES:             1.  LEFT ANKLE SPRAIN             2.  POSTERIOR TIBIAL TENDINOPATHY   tia. ...

1 Diagnosis Or 2 Diagnoses
Dec 05, 2009

Crush injury, right foot fracture of metatarsals   tia. ...

1 / 2 Diagnosis Or Diagnoses?
Jan 25, 2010

nonunion of the fifth metatarsal, avulsion fracture should this be 2 separate diagnoses? tia. ...

1 Or 2 Diagnosis Or Diagnoses
Apr 05, 2010

Left shoulder impingement syndrome Small partial rotator cuff tear Tia. ...

Secondary Diagnoses
May 04, 2010

I'm having a problem with this part of the diagnosis as she doesn't specify to go on to the next number, as she does with the rest of them, but I've never had someone that adds the procedures used to fix the diagnoses in this section.  This is the sentence as she says it, "1. Coronary artery disease, status post 3-vessel CABG in ___ vertebrobasilar insufficiency."  The she says "number next" and goes on to the next one. Because the previous word(s) are blanked out, and b ...

Definitely Not Secondary Diagnoses...
Jun 30, 2011

I'm having what is probably a simple problem w/ this dication.  She starts out with the principal diagnosis, lists them, and then goes on to what s/l hyograph other diagnosis.  I can't tell what she is saying. ...

Numbering DSM-IV Diagnoses
Jan 15, 2015

New to psych transcription.  For Axis I diagnoses, if we are to number the diagnoses (1, 2, 3, etc. does a "rule out" follow the diagnoses before it or does it get its own number?   Thanks! ...