A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Flexeril..."We discussed the side effects and/in full use of this medication" Which makes - Torn

Posted: Jan 25, 2011

I am torn as to whether the doctor is saying AND as in telling the patient things Flexeril can help with or IN as in referring to the side effects experienced if a patient uses it regularly...thoughts? Thank you...

and - is my vote

[ In Reply To ..]

My thoughts...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would say side effects and full use as in explaining the full use of Flexeril. ...side effects in full use, I think, would imply patient was to use it more than occasionally and, since Flexeril should be used no longer than 3 weeks, "side effects in full use" seems to imply use for a longer period. Just seems that way to me. : )

Thanks! - Torn

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, y'all. The reason I was torn is because the patient was only going to use a 30-day supply...hurt their back at work, so to me...I wasn't sure if she was giving side effect warnings if he were to take it longer...I ended up going with "and." :)

Similar Messages:

GI Side Effects, ??
Oct 15, 2010

"PMR - Methotrexate – GI side effects, s/l pratenazone.  Plaquenil 8/10-10/10 – nausea/vomiting.  Prednisone restarted 10/10." I'm not sure if she's describing the GI side effects or if she's describing another type of side effect, or maybe a different medication they tried instead.  There is nothing that sounds like that in the med list, except maybe prednisone, but that was restarted in place of the Plaquenil. ...

Side Effects Of MM QA
Apr 28, 2015

Because of the uncertainty about what way will QA find to fail me now (feeling niggled to death!), I find myself not wanting to upload my job, especially the bad dictators and bad audio (gee, that's a lot of time), because there _might_ be a mistake. I am now finding this is affecting other parts of my life! I am finding myself not wanting to finish and turn in my school assignments because there might be a mistake! I gotta get out of here ASAP! ...

Antihypertensive Side Effects
Apr 26, 2011

He admits that he has not been very compliant with anti-hypertensives in the past, primarily due to adverse side effects.  The side effects include erectile dysfunction, dry mouth, and increased (s/l) sumliness. - Cannot understand the side effect of s/l : sumliness??  Thanks for any help! ...

ADHD - Possible Medication Side Effect Causing Eating Problems?
Oct 06, 2010

I realize some of the ADHD medications can cause weight loss but have never heard of this and not sure - although it's very clear - can someone help? Patient is a 6-year-old white male currently taking Concerta 27 mg daily, methylphenidate 5 mg in the afternoon.  Taking the weekends off for s/l some pensatory eating. Thanks!   ...

Sounds Like Blake Side Or Plate Side Drainage
Jun 16, 2015

transcribing cardiology report. Patient has an LVAD and what sounds like "blake side" or "plate site" drainage treated with antibiotics. I am stumped. ...

Prescribed S/l Celendec(?) And Flexeril For Muscle Pain
Aug 18, 2010

I'm stumped on the name of this drug -- have looked it up in Google with every spelling I can think of with no luck. The patient was prescribed s/l Celendec and Flexeril for muscle pain. Thanks!!! Lauren ...

Effects Of EMR On MTs
Feb 01, 2010

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about what effect physicians having to go EMR will have on us in the future as MTs.  Do you think this will make our jobs obsolete?  ...

Don't Know If This Was Discussed Already
Nov 10, 2011

"A corporate-wide transcription style guide has been adopted for use across all platforms.  This style guide clarifies ambiguous information in BOS2...."   I thought everyone was using BOS3 now?  Isn't that what AHDI is pushing?    It would seem that that every other MTSO is now REQUIRING you to have one to even APPLY for a job with them?    Just wondering....... ...

I Know This Has Been Discussed Before, But I'm Still Confused.
Jun 04, 2013

Which reports in FIESA (which I despise) count toward qualifying for the bonus, QC, QA, post-audit? TIA ...

As Discussed The Other Day, To Keep My Foot Pedal On
Dec 11, 2010

gallon laundry detergent jug and filled it with water.  When I need a bathroom break, I set the jug on the edge of my pedal and the dr jabbers away while I am gone. ...

ADT Issue - Forgive If Already Discussed
Feb 03, 2012

I haven't been on DEP for very long and just recently we were told we had to duplicate all the physician's names on the ADT screen, including ones that are not in the data base?  Is this on a lot of accounts? ...

Discussed Her OBCD (obesity) (nm)
Dec 18, 2013

. ...

We Discussed The Possibility Of A S/l Cozen's Deformity (orthopedics)
Apr 11, 2012

We also discussed the possibility of a Cozen's deformity. I have encouraged mom to seek follow up if she notices any asymmetry between his legs. ...

Idea For The Quality Essay (discussed In Threads Below)
May 05, 2013

Line rates: Why are experienced MTs being paid the same rates as newbies? These MTSOs state that an experienced MT should end up with more money because he/she is able to produce more lines than a newbie. I contest this by stating that experienced MTs are also producing HIGHER QUALITY lines and can do so with less help and less supervision (and, of course, much faster), and even if both the newbie and the experienced MT produced the same number of lines, since the experienced MT's lines ...

Breast Reduction - States: Discussed Pedicle "mikissick"
Aug 16, 2011

States: Discussed pedicle "mikissick" type technique.  Thanks.  ...

New On Me Psych Report..discussed FMLA Issues And S/l FOID Issues
Feb 19, 2012

FMLA as in Family and Medical Leave Act ?  and cant figure anything about the other..Guy is on some kind of retricted work because of injury..??  ...

MT On The Side?
May 29, 2013

I've been working as an RMT for about 6 years, but I miss working with patients, so I'm thinking about going back to medical assisting for the benefits, but doing MT on the side.  Anyone here have any experience with a similar situation?  ...

Side Affect
Dec 21, 2009

She has severe arthritis in the hips which is chronic and was attributed to previous use of steroids and due to cause (divedious). What could this word be? Does anyone know? ...

Q For The Spheris Side
Dec 10, 2010

I have a question, I used to work for Spheris about 5 years ago and am starting with MQ part time first of the year (on my old account even), but I higihly suspect they have switched that platform from TWS. Question is what platform do they use, is it good?  Do they supply ShortHand or do I need to furnish my own?  Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks  ...

S/l Side Rigger Jig
Mar 07, 2011

Please help me with the words I have in quotation marks. I spelt it how it sounds. Thanks for any help in advance :) The "side rigger jig" was used to make an impression on the skin where the lateral spiral screw guide impacted the skin. ...

Dina Still A TL? She Was On WMX Side.
Jun 30, 2012

. ...

Has Anyone On Transcend Side
Dec 11, 2012

heard from their TSM today after the conference call or heard anything regarding the changes prior to today? Thanks ...

Employee Job With IC On The Side
Sep 23, 2013

If you are an employee and you get laid off do you still get unemployment benefits if you have an IC job with another company?  thanks.  ...

Does Having An IC Job On The Side Interfere
Feb 24, 2014

I live in IL and I've looked this up, but can't really find exactly what I'm looking for.  I could possibly lose my full-time employee position soon, and work just a few hours as an IC for another company.  I was wondering if I should quit my IC job now, or if that would be a red flag when I file for unemployment.  Another thing I've read is that if you accept an IC position while on unemployment, that since it is considered "self-employed" that it could possib ...

Anyone Here From Ambulatory Side?
Jun 25, 2014

I was just wondering if anyone posts here that work for the Nuance Ambulatory Care side of things.  All I see here are what appears to be posts from the acute care side and they are not very favorable.  I will probably get hung on this board for saying this, but so far things are pretty good on this side of the fence.  Same managers, same good accounts, plenty of work.  Flexible schedule.  Not crazy about all the logging in to everything (WorldClient, WebClock, Spark), b ...

Going To The Dark Side
Jul 17, 2014

I now work full time for an MTSO that does Nuance overflow and am relatively happy there.  The problem is I need to work part time for several important reasons which I won't go into.  Well to do so, I would have to accept a lower line rate (told thems the rules) and have to work fewer hours than I really need to (again told thems the rules).  I was thinking I might just do better working directly for Nuance with probably a better line rate and ability to work the number ...

For Those On Ambulatory Side
Aug 07, 2014

Do you have a set schedule?  From what I read this is more flexible and people seem happier.  Any input would be great! ...

Tried To Get Into Dep Side Of Fluency
Sep 10, 2014

Says account inactive...Anyone else? ...

What To Do When Dr. Makes You Gag
May 07, 2011

Everytime I do this doctor's transcription (ironically he is a pulmonologist) he snorts phlegm in the back of his nose right into the microphone and will even cough from it sometimes because he does it so hard. Tonight during an 11 min. dictation by him, halfway through I had to get up and run to the bathroom because I was gagging. He did it 5 times in the first 5 min. of the job.  I once reported a doc who uses voice recognition and apparently did her dictation on her lunch break WHIL ...

Makes You Wonder
Apr 15, 2013

I'm sure that the bigwigs at MM are very aware of the many disgruntled and downright angy posts on this board in the past week or two. It's sad that no one in the head office has addressed our concerns, either with a company-wide email or even a post on this site. It confirms that we are truly at the bottom of the totem pole and that they just want results, not happy employees. ...