A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Effects of EMR on MTs - shelly

Posted: Feb 01, 2010

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about what effect physicians having to go EMR will have on us in the future as MTs.  Do you think this will make our jobs obsolete? 

According to exactly what you are talking about - my hospital acct went there years ago

[ In Reply To ..]
and no change whatsoever.

INDIA is making our jobs obsolete. - nm - Zircon

[ In Reply To ..]

India's not taking our work -- American greed is handing it to them. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You got that right! nm - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Then maybe they should get paid American rates. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
With the advent of VR, they're just about the same now. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
They work for a fraction of what America does - is why they have our jobs
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

EMR - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
With the trouble we have understanding ESLs, how the heck can people in another country comprehend anything ?? I've been at this for 25 years and I don't get it.. I think we are all being sold out to the mighty dollar !

yes, offshoring is - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
making our jobs obsolete, not necessarily EMR. I type for a teaching hospital using EMR, but the account is VR. It has definitely cut into my pay, but I still have the account, for now...

when - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
the physicians using EMR begin to edit their own work while using EMR, that is when MTs become completely obsolete

EMR - ggmt

[ In Reply To ..]
While I was in MT school, our local hospital -- a huge hospital that serves a large area -- went to EMR. They fired all their MTs. I checked other hospitals in this part of the state and they did the same thing.

I've mentioned this before, but my husband had to go to the ER once for a work injury. While there we wasted at least 30 minutes while the nurse hunted and pecked on the EMR and didn't even listen to what my husband was telling her about his injury. It's a mess.

Similar Messages:

GI Side Effects, ??
Oct 15, 2010

"PMR - Methotrexate – GI side effects, s/l pratenazone.  Plaquenil 8/10-10/10 – nausea/vomiting.  Prednisone restarted 10/10." I'm not sure if she's describing the GI side effects or if she's describing another type of side effect, or maybe a different medication they tried instead.  There is nothing that sounds like that in the med list, except maybe prednisone, but that was restarted in place of the Plaquenil. ...

Side Effects Of MM QA
Apr 28, 2015

Because of the uncertainty about what way will QA find to fail me now (feeling niggled to death!), I find myself not wanting to upload my job, especially the bad dictators and bad audio (gee, that's a lot of time), because there _might_ be a mistake. I am now finding this is affecting other parts of my life! I am finding myself not wanting to finish and turn in my school assignments because there might be a mistake! I gotta get out of here ASAP! ...

Antihypertensive Side Effects
Apr 26, 2011

He admits that he has not been very compliant with anti-hypertensives in the past, primarily due to adverse side effects.  The side effects include erectile dysfunction, dry mouth, and increased (s/l) sumliness. - Cannot understand the side effect of s/l : sumliness??  Thanks for any help! ...

Flexeril..."We Discussed The Side Effects And/in Full Use Of This Medication" Which Makes
Jan 25, 2011

I am torn as to whether the doctor is saying AND as in telling the patient things Flexeril can help with or IN as in referring to the side effects experienced if a patient uses it regularly...thoughts? Thank you... ...