A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Diagnosis-L shoulder recurrent instability,S/P - previous reconstruction sm tia

Posted: Jan 29, 2012

At this point in time, my biggest concern because of his continued recurrent instability, is if there is any evidence of bony deficiency of his glenoid and humeral head. I am going to order an MRA of the shoulder as well as a CT scan with 3D reconstruction to further evaluate the glenoid and look for any evidence of an inverted s/l **pen_______** with greater than 25% of anterinferior bony loss. 

Doc cuts himself off - was able to hear what I think was "pen something"

Thanks for any help!!

found this... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Burkhartâs âinverted pearâ description is a nice way to define glenoid bone loss qualitatively.

http://www.orthosupersite.com/view.aspx?rid=83521

(Use Ctrl F and search for "pear" and you'll see what I saw.)

Similar Messages:

Is It Principle Diagnosis Or Principal Diagnosis?
Sep 26, 2013

My question is about headings. Is it principle diagnosis or principal diagnosis?  I have typed it "principle" for 10 years. The person doing our QA says it is principal. Has this changed?       thanks ...

Sensive Instability
Jun 15, 2011

re: knee/ankle injury. Does this s/l a correct phrase or misspeak for "sensory instability"? She denies sensive instability, sensory deficit, or motor deficit... ...

Dreaming Of Mode Instability?
Feb 01, 2012

Elderly patient involved in MVA, developed cellulitis to leg.  He became delirious on Lexapro and his mood became unstable.  Would this be an appropriate sentence for HPI?  The patient is a 76-year-old married white man who was transferred from the Medical Service for evaluation and _____ (dreaming of mode) instability. ...

Patient With Patellar Instability Was Started In Therapy In A S/l T-Ron Brace
Dec 04, 2011

tia :-) ...

Recurrent Voces Denouveau Breast Cancer?
Aug 13, 2010

this is a new one on me and I can't find anything about it. ...

*uncotidyex* Testing Shows High Risk Of Recurrent Breast Cancer. Nm
May 19, 2010

. ...

Can't Document...PT Has Recurrent Pain Medications Listed On "K Tracks" TIA
May 28, 2011

nm ...

Chemo For Recurrent Prostate Cancer S/l: "aligard"
Jun 03, 2010

Thanks. ...

Pt With Recurrent Endometrial Adenocarcinoma, S/l "a Tent Tro Leemus."
Jan 31, 2014

Dr. Jones is considering proceeding with "a tent tra leemus", as this has been approved.  ...

ARA And S/l Car Pul Mon Ali? Diagnosis Help
Oct 29, 2009

I don't know if I am just not thinking straight or if there is reason I cannot find these.  Under diagnoses, doc says the pt has ARA(?), DM, car-pul-mon-ali, P slash atrial fibrillation....  Seriously, I cannot find ARA, no sign of carpulmonali, or P/atrial fibillation.  Any ideas at all?  I am going to continue to think and search.  TIA for any help!  ...

Is There A Diagnosis Of...sm
Jan 13, 2010

Degenerative lateral meniscus tear? It sounds like he is saying degenerative.   I have not heard of "degenerative" lateral meniscus tear. tia. ...

Is This One Diagnosis?
Feb 08, 2010

LEFT SHOULDER STRAIN CERVICAL AND TRAPEZIUS MYALGIA If so, would there be a comma put in? TIA. ...

Diagnosis And Med
Mar 27, 2010

s/l hypergolactanemia.  The patient is on s/l promaxitine.   ...

Diagnosis
Apr 26, 2010

1. AIDS 2. Meningitis versus AIDS "sulfa patty"? ...

UDI As A Diagnosis
Feb 16, 2012

Urogenital Distress Inventory is the urologic term I know but this is listed as a diagnosis and has to be written out naturally. Anyone know it? Thanks. ...

Diagnosis INR
Sep 10, 2013

If "elevated INR" is listed in the diagnosis, would INR be expanded to international normalized ratio?  Thanks!! ...

HLA B27 How Do I Type This In Diagnosis?
Oct 21, 2009

I need to expand it, so would I type human leukocyte antigen B27, or do I need to put a hyphen in it? ...

Diagnosis S/l Hilanitis???
Oct 22, 2009

x ...

Diagnosis Or Diagnoses
Nov 10, 2009

would this be one or two? tia.   DIAGNOSIS:  STATUS POST CHEVRON BUNIONECTOMY, FOURTH HAMMERTOE CORRECTION ...

1 Or 2 Diagnosis Or Diagnoses?
Nov 10, 2009

DIAGNOSES:             1.  LEFT ANKLE SPRAIN             2.  POSTERIOR TIBIAL TENDINOPATHY   tia. ...

Axis III Diagnosis
Nov 13, 2009

Axis III diagnosis, sounds like: History of left "corioma" of uncertain clinical significance.   any help is appreciated. ...

1 Diagnosis Or 2 Diagnoses
Dec 05, 2009

Crush injury, right foot fracture of metatarsals   tia. ...

Abbreviations In Diagnosis
Jan 25, 2010

When did this become okay?  I got called on my last QA that spelling out CVA or MI in the diagnosis is a no-no.  ...

1 / 2 Diagnosis Or Diagnoses?
Jan 25, 2010

nonunion of the fifth metatarsal, avulsion fracture should this be 2 separate diagnoses? tia. ...

1 Or 2 Diagnosis Or Diagnoses
Apr 05, 2010

Left shoulder impingement syndrome Small partial rotator cuff tear Tia. ...

Final Diagnosis
Apr 22, 2010

Final Diagnosis..... ACE, ASA  s/l "steve a" stable angina pectoris   ...

Unsure Of Diagnosis
May 03, 2010

I cannot make sense of this diagnosis. This is exactly what the doctor says. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. The word with may also be incorrect.   EXOSTOSIS MEDIAL MALLEOLUS WITH TALUS AFTER ANKLE REPLACEMENT ...

What Is AI/MR? Listed In Diagnosis...
Jun 08, 2010

x ...

Psych Diagnosis
Jan 23, 2011

I am wondering if it is necessary to type out GAF in the diagnosis or to leave as is.  Thanks for your advice. ...

GI Spelled Out In Diagnosis?
Aug 14, 2013

Hi - Can't seem to find any mention of this in BOS3, but can someone tell me whether I should be using "GI" or "gastrointestinal" in a preoperative diagnosis?  I seem to remember in school being told to leave GI as is when in the ROS but seem to be drawing a blank on this one!  Thanks in advance!! ...