A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bacodi sign - in musculoskeletal exam - mt

Posted: Nov 07, 2010

It is pronounced buh-coe-dee

He does have a positive Spurling’s, as well as a positive ______ sign.

I found Bakody on a search. Not personally familiar with. - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

I agree. SM - RoadRunnerMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I found this......Bakody Sign. This test is normally done with patients who have cervical radicular pain. The patient actively places the palm of the affected extremity flat on the top of the head while raising the elbow level with the head. When this action reduces or eliminates the radiating pain, the sign is considered present. A positive sign is indicative of nerve root irritation because of cervical foraminal compression.

http://www.shawchiropractic.com/attorneys/MORE_glossary.htm

That's it - thank you Olive and RoadRunnerMT - I dont know why that didnt come up

[ In Reply To ..]
All I kept when searching was the word Barcodes. Even when I tried it with a K. Maybe I better go back to google.

Thank you both so much for your input.

That's the site I found. Wow, a lot of tests I never heard of. - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
Never know when they will come in handy.
Yes! I saved the site too. Looks like a wonderful reference. sm - RoadRunnerMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure about Olive, but I was using Google search.

I also found this site.....
http://www.studystack.com/flashcard-6097
It looks really help as well for tests/studies.

Similar Messages:

Musculoskeletal Exam
Aug 27, 2010

I'm working on the musculoskeletal portion of the physical exam. The very first thing dictated, after the MSK heading is "s/l fetalblocker.  FROM of the bilateral shoulders, elbows, wrists.  (s/l minimal or medial ulnaral) deviation.  Enlargement of the 2nd and 3rd MCPs of the bilateral hands."  I know ulnaral isn't a word, but that's what it sounds like she is saying.  She is breathing heavily into the mic with both s/l, so the sounds are altered.  A ...

Musculoskeletal Exam/ankle
Aug 23, 2010

I'm having trouble figuring out what is being said in the musculoskeletal portion of this physical exam.  "Full range of motion of the ankles.  No (s/l ankle ITP) tenderness."  It kind of sounds like there is an "M" sound in there between ankle and ITP, but it could just be that she is running the words together. ...

S/l Fencer's Sign In Neuro Exam
May 22, 2010

Neuro exam/reflexes, dictator says "she almost has s/l fencers sign"   ...

Abd. Exam, Negative "Boyd's" Sign Or "void" Sign??
Jul 31, 2010

Muscoloskeletal Exam Lasac Sign? Please See Message
Oct 03, 2011

Under musculoskeletal exam, the doc said Patrick's sign is negative.  S/L Lasac's sign is negative.  TIA. ...

Shoulder Exam - Patient Has A Negative S/l Lamitz Sign
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Hand Surgery: On Exam, She Has A Negative (s/l Earl's Test But A Positive Broman's Sign).
Sep 20, 2010

TIA!!! ...

Knee Exam - S/l "Lennox" Sign And McMurray Negative. NM
Dec 27, 2012

x ...

Musculoskeletal
Nov 04, 2010

The left knee is 50% of valgus lateral > medial tenderness and crepitance on range of motion.  Should this be all one sentence? ...

Musculoskeletal Measurement
Sep 01, 2010

Under the musculoskeletal portion of the physical exam, it is dictated, "Crepitus of the bilateral knees.  No ankle tenderness or swelling.  No MTP tenderness.  Last (s/l Sjogren's) was 14.5 cm."  I'm unsure what she would be measuring here. Also, I'm still wondering if anyone has any idea about this one, "MRI – mild.  SI/degenerative arthritis.  Imaging of the hands – small effusion of the carpals and (s/l peroneal) tendinopathy." & ...

Trouble W/ Musculoskeletal Description
Aug 04, 2010

In the musculoskeletal part of this physical exam, the dr. is dictating that the patient has "long-term deformities with a swan neck of the 2nd finger of the left hand a (s/l jacuze) appearance of the 3rd finger..."  I have no idea what this means or how to spell it to even begin to look it up.  Has anyone ever heard of anything like it? ...

He Has A Negative *Jean* Sign. (Not G Sign.) Sm
Apr 14, 2011

He has intact bilateral radioulnar and median nerve sensation.  He has some weakness in grip on the left as compared to the right.  He is 4+/5 on the left, 5/5 on the right.  He has 4+/5 small finger abduction bilaterally.  He has a negative *Jean* sign.   ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

Homan, Homans' Sign Or Homan's Sign? (NM)
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Here's Your Sign
Dec 07, 2009

For the past three years my husband an I have hosted his company Christmas party here at our home.  The company and employees make all the arrangements, including sending a cleaning service the day before!  It's great. All I have to do is sit back and watch as my home is transformed into a beautiful Christmas party venue.  This year he has a new boss.  She called me just a bit ago and was asking for help with finding a cake.  (She's new the the ...

S/l Doc Is Saying Either Hib's Sign Or Hip's Sign
Feb 22, 2010

s/l doc is saying either Hib's sign or Hip's sign, but I cannot seem to find this anywhere.   I appreciate any help you guys can offer.  TIA! ...

Could This Be A Sign . . . .
May 21, 2010

this is MT week and we were supposed to get something from the Q but as of today's mail, alas, i have not received any.  not that i was looking forward to it, but am curious is any other fellow Qer's got their little "gift."  just wondering . . . . ummmm . . . . . ...

Is This A Sign?
Oct 15, 2010

The other evening at the grocery store, I picked up the newest issue of Employment Guide. You've probably seen it - it's usually by the doors to the store, and it's a nationwide publication. It used to list actual job openings for the local area. Now, though, it seems to be mainly an ad newspaper for schools offering career training. Anyway, what struck me about this issue is that none of the schools that have always advertised in this paper list medical transc ...

Must Be A Sign
Jan 31, 2012

I had an interview last week with a big national company, recruiter was unprepared, kept making excuses as to why and then was supposed to send more info, but that didn't happen. Then was supposed to call again today, no call. I'm going to take that as a sign that this is not a good place to work. Oh Lordy, I really need a job! Any advice please. Just email me. ...

Should I Take This As A Sign?
Jun 22, 2012

From all of the negativity about Nuance, I was very leery about accepting a position with them, but finances prevail. Today was the final day to submit my paperwork, with training to begin on Monday, and I wake up this morning to find my computer died (I'm on a laptop now). Coincidence or warning? ...

Sign Me Up.
Oct 14, 2012

MT recruiters video. ...

Cannot Sign On
Nov 26, 2012

Took lunch break, came back and could not get on.  "Failed to connect."  As if I don't have enough problems with them.  :( ...

S/l Nelanbur Sign
Oct 18, 2009

She denies any back pain, hip pain, or leg pain. Her motion is excellent. Her nelanbur  sign is negative. Strength is satisfactory ...

Gallet's Sign?
Oct 27, 2009

Resident is dictating this term and spells it gallet (s/l juh-lay). It is an orthopedic/neurologic sign in a patient with low back/buttock pain. Any ideas? I can't find anything like this. Thanks for any help! ...

Mellenburg? Sign..
Oct 29, 2009

The patient had a negative Mellenburg sign? ...

S/l Valet's Sign
Jan 16, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of what sounds like valet's sign?  He is saying negative Tinel's and valet's.  TiA! ...

S/l Jebosteck Sign
Apr 08, 2010

under extremities, no jebosteck sign.  ...

Neurologic Sign
Jul 18, 2010

s/l frontally signs, no Hoffman, but there was a bilateral Babinski noted. ...