A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Musculoskeletal measurement - Sheri

Posted: Sep 01, 2010

Under the musculoskeletal portion of the physical exam, it is dictated, "Crepitus of the bilateral knees.  No ankle tenderness or swelling.  No MTP tenderness.  Last (s/l Sjogren's) was 14.5 cm."  I'm unsure what she would be measuring here.

Also, I'm still wondering if anyone has any idea about this one, "MRI – mild.  SI/degenerative arthritis.  Imaging of the hands – small effusion of the carpals and (s/l peroneal) tendinopathy."  Another sentence in which she uses it is, "...small effusion in the carpals in evidence of (s/l peroneal) tendinopathy, which can be seen in spondyloarthropathy."

Any help would be so appreciated!!

see message - MissD

[ In Reply To ..]
Symptoms of peroneal tendinopathy - Pain and swellilng on the outside of the ankle or heel.

The only thing I found regarding Sjogren with a measurement attached was when a patient had a kidney ultrasound and the kidney measured 14 cm. Sorry!

Degenerative arthritis, also known as osteoarthritis.

Similar Messages:

Musculoskeletal
Nov 04, 2010

The left knee is 50% of valgus lateral > medial tenderness and crepitance on range of motion.  Should this be all one sentence? ...

Musculoskeletal Exam
Aug 27, 2010

I'm working on the musculoskeletal portion of the physical exam. The very first thing dictated, after the MSK heading is "s/l fetalblocker.  FROM of the bilateral shoulders, elbows, wrists.  (s/l minimal or medial ulnaral) deviation.  Enlargement of the 2nd and 3rd MCPs of the bilateral hands."  I know ulnaral isn't a word, but that's what it sounds like she is saying.  She is breathing heavily into the mic with both s/l, so the sounds are altered.  A ...

Trouble W/ Musculoskeletal Description
Aug 04, 2010

In the musculoskeletal part of this physical exam, the dr. is dictating that the patient has "long-term deformities with a swan neck of the 2nd finger of the left hand a (s/l jacuze) appearance of the 3rd finger..."  I have no idea what this means or how to spell it to even begin to look it up.  Has anyone ever heard of anything like it? ...

Musculoskeletal Exam/ankle
Aug 23, 2010

I'm having trouble figuring out what is being said in the musculoskeletal portion of this physical exam.  "Full range of motion of the ankles.  No (s/l ankle ITP) tenderness."  It kind of sounds like there is an "M" sound in there between ankle and ITP, but it could just be that she is running the words together. ...

Bacodi Sign - In Musculoskeletal Exam
Nov 07, 2010

It is pronounced buh-coe-dee   He does have a positive Spurling’s, as well as a positive ______ sign.     ...

Measurement
May 18, 2010

Baby's weight is up 1/10th of a kg.   Is this correct?  Would you type 1/10th of a kilogram or 0.10 of a kg?   Any suggestions.  TIA. ...

JVD Measurement
Jan 05, 2011

Thus far I have only had doctors refer to the JVD as flat or raised or sometimes at zero.  Tonight, this doc says "JVD is 0 to 9 degrees/90 degrees" [I think].  I have found a site that describes JVD measurements, and one of them is 90 degrees--but there is no "zero to" part. Now I am second guessing my thought about it being 0 to 90 degrees.  This doc is very sweet, but really mumbles the ends of his sentences. Anyone know about the JVD?? ...

MPS Measurement Of Hearing??
Aug 24, 2011

Doctor says: "s/l MPS measurements revealed normal middle ear compliance and pressures." ...

Medication Measurement
Mar 01, 2012

The doctor dictates: two-tenths of a cc of 4 mg/cc dexamethasone How would this be correctly typed?  He always uses cc as a measurement.  It is the two-tenths of a cc that I am concerned about. Thanks so much! ...

Mass Measurement
Apr 04, 2012

Dictated: The mass is not greater than 20 by 20 cm. Should I type by or should it be The mass is not greater than 20 x 20 cm. Thanks in advance. ...

How Would You Express Measurement
Oct 02, 2013

"heart range from 95 to 1-teens?"  Thanks in advance! ...

Height Measurement
Jan 21, 2014

What if they don't dictated "feet" or "inches", just 5 9? ...

Echo Report: ACS Measurement
Apr 22, 2010

Hi all, Been doing echo reports for this doc for a while, and he's now added "ACS" to the list of measurements, e.g. "ACS is 1.8". Looked high and low...can't find this and was curious as to what it stands for. Any help? Thanks in advance. ...

On EKG, He Gives Axis Measurement In Degrees, Then
Aug 04, 2010

says, "eighteen slash ten slash three four," and I am not sure how to transcribe the last part.  I am a long-time transcriptionist but have never heard the measurements given that way, so any help from you cardiology gurus would be much appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Echo Lavi Measurement
Jul 12, 2013

in giving a measurement for left atrial volume index, author says "50 cc per meter squared." How would that be correctly transcribed considering we are not to use cc, but rather mL, and we are not to use exponents? ...

Colonscopy - I Think It Is A Measurement, S/l Howstra?? I'm Stumped. Thanks!
Nov 02, 2011

.. ...