A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

3- to 4-year history - Linda

Posted: Apr 27, 2012

A 3- to 4-year history of diabetes. Are the hyphens correct here? I am totally blanking out.

I would....sm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
leave the hyphen off the 3...but that's just how I would do it.

your hyphens are perfect, Linda - 3- to 4-year history

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks! - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Agree: The hyphens are just right--the way you show them! - :-)

[ In Reply To ..]
no message

Similar Messages:

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Pt Has A " Thirty Plus Pack Year History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Jun 25, 2010

:) ...

How To Type: Given His "50 Plus Pack Year" History Of Smoking.
May 26, 2010

d ...

She Has A "1-year Pack History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Aug 10, 2010

:) ...

Pt Had A "3-year Pack-history" Of Smoking. How To Type?
May 31, 2011

?? ...

How Would You Type "25 To 30 Year History Of Smoking." Sm
Sep 08, 2011

25-30-year history or 25 to 30-year history? Or something else? Thanks! ...

How Would You Write "25-plus-year History"?
Dec 05, 2012

Would it be 25-plus-year history or 25+ year history? Thanks. ...

Pt Has A History Of S/l Bowel-en-i-tis Bi-mo-sis. Pt Also Has A History Of Colon CA.
Jan 21, 2010

x   ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Hyphens- 3-day-history Or 3 Day History?
Nov 01, 2010

3-day-history or 3 day history? ...

Dr. Dictates OB History And GYN History
Aug 20, 2011

Doctor dictates "OB history" and "GYN history" on a Discharge Summary, under Past Medical history. Should I spell out Obstetric and Gynecological is it okay to leave as dictated. I forgot. jn ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

Above-listed History Or Above Listed History
Oct 19, 2009

I'm having a 4 am brain freeze and both/neither of these look correct. ...

Surgical History
Jun 08, 2010

In past surgical history - s/l andrognesis neuropathy ...

Where Is The History Of MT Recorded???
Dec 04, 2010

I need to find a credible source/s providing a detailed history of medical transcription - does anyone have any suggestions? I am a transcription supervisor writing a research paper on transcription for the degree program I'm currently in and the "history of" section I planned to include is proving pretty difficult to compose due to a severe lack of information. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. ...

A History Of S/l MSE Pulmonary
Sep 18, 2011

could be MSC or MSE pulmonary.  Thank you for any help. ...

History Lesson - What Are We
Oct 13, 2012

Article attached. We are waiting for permission to take massive action?  Not advocating violence, but please leave your damn jobs.  We deserve better.  There would be no MTSOs without MTs.  Don't you get it? They already stole our jobs, sent them overseas, created software to replace us, and we are fighting over scraps at slave wages.  Those who are happy being MTs, good, but $8-10 an hour doesn't cut it in my world.  That's not a living ...

Health History Question
Oct 19, 2009

Urology patient's health history.  Dr. says, "He does have a some foot s/l trap? that seemed to have resulted from some knee surgery..." Any ideas? TIA     ...

History Of Positive S/l Femovera
Nov 03, 2009

listing in past medical history. ...

Past History: Medications:
Dec 08, 2009

Seizure "s/l seizure in section" X 1. ...

History Of Migraine S/l Sythalgia
Feb 08, 2010

history of migraine s/l sythalgia.  I can't find this word anywhere.  I have checked sy, si, ci, and cy.  ...

Drug S/l Sol-pal-medow. Please Sm For Pt's History
Apr 13, 2010

CAD, HTN, DM, BPH, hypercholesterol. tinnitus and lumbago.  Thanks for any help.   ...

Past Medical History
Jun 26, 2010

Past medical history is given as below.  Not sure if the s/l goes where I put it or not since I don't know what he is talking about. Paraplegia secondary to spinal cord ischemia. status post stenting aortic aneurysm.  Iliac artery aneurysms bilaterally. Esophagitis. Umbilical hernia repair. transurethral resection of the prostate. Thoracic aortic stent s/l 6 of 18. Excisional debridement of sacral ulcer right hip ulceration. ...

Obstetrical History And Physical
Aug 10, 2010

I am typing on a patient who is having a vacuum delivery and the doc says:  "discussed plan of fetal monitoring, ficiapc.  Have you every heard of that and what do those letters stand for.  Thanks ...

Past Psychiatric History
Aug 11, 2010

ED is dictated several times a few of the instances are: Hospitalizations: 1. ED age 13 St. Clair Hospital Monroe 2. 15 years old ED November of that year. 4. 1996 3-week hospitalization in Racine was transferred to Mendota Mental Health Institute on an ED where she remained between May and September of 1996.   What does ED stand for? ...

S/l Dias History Of Retinopathy
Oct 06, 2010

pt has type II diabetes. regardign microvascular complications, doc states "patient had a dilateded eye exam in 2010 and a s/l dias history of retinopathy."     any ideas?? ...

Drug Allergies To Lix-o-lin And Lo-zel. Pt Has A History Of
Nov 15, 2010

x ...

History Of DVT - Possibility Of Suppression?
Dec 09, 2010

The knee actually looks very good today, but to ____ cover the hematoma that we had cultured back as there is a possibility of suppression.  Her calf has a long history of DVT. Should it be:  "cover the hematoma that we had cultured back as there is a possibility of suppression in her calf.  Has a long history of DVT. Does suppression make sense in this instance?  This is a new doctor and dictation is very muffled.  Just can't make sense out of this.   ...

Pt Has A History Of S/l War-strom's Disease?
Jul 21, 2011

x ...

Providing Salary History
Feb 02, 2012

I am looking for work and notice some companies ask for a salary history.  I feel uncomfortable about this, not sure why, but I think it is to their advantage to know this info, not mine.  In my case, I worked for my last company for 5 years with one raise and the companies before that are ancient history.  How would one handle this.  I am not even sure if I have that info on some of my companies.  Why do they want this info? ...