A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

...I cannot hear carotid (s/l) *cough* sounds. - SM - Cardio help

Posted: Apr 02, 2012

Blood pressure in the right arm is 130/70, and in his right left I cannot hear carotid (s/l) *cough* sounds.

Korotkoff. See Wikipedia, blood pressure, for nice explanation. - Coder (NM)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

sounds - Jen

[ In Reply To ..]
Korotkoff's sounds

Similar Messages:

Sounds Like Pecothalax Prep For A Flexible Sigmoidoscopy. Anyone Ever Hear Of It?
Jul 30, 2013

I never have and I have had a gastroenterology side job for years. ...

Carotid
Oct 19, 2009

Does "patient has 2+ carotid upstrokes bilaterally" make any sense? ...

Carotid Duplex
Oct 28, 2009

I have a worksheet to fill out on a carotid duplex.  For both the right and left side, it says WNL then states that the vertebral arteries have antegrade flow. Am I safe to assume that WNL is within normal limits?  All he talks about in the rest of the report is how the right bulb is slightly enlarged but symmetric compared to the left.  Thanks! :) ...

For Carotid Endarterectomy The MD Is Saying... We Used The
Mar 19, 2010

SOunds like he is saying we used the "iron intern" for retraction and once we had good exposure we went ahead and gave 7000 units of heparin.    Any thoughts?  Thank you! ...

The Common Carotid Was Encircled With A
Mar 26, 2012

xx ...

Carotid Duplex Findings
Aug 18, 2012

She had a carotid duplex done, which showed no significant hemodynamic "althralitis " changes or flow restrictive disease. cannot find anything on google - any help would be appreciated. ...

Pan Cough PD
Oct 24, 2009

I was wondering if anyone has heard of Pan Cough PD.  I can find Cold Cough PD, but now 2 providers (i type for an urgent care clinic) have dictated this...very clear, so pretty sure I am not hearing it incorrectly.  Other transcriptionist just skipping this and leaving a blank, but I'd like to know.  Could Pan stand for something?  Dosing is 2 tsp q.4.h. p.r.n. if that helps.  Thanks! ...

Cap Cough
May 26, 2011

Help, s/l Cap Cough dispense 4 ounces 1-2 teaspoons prn cough? ...

How Is Carotid Doppler Properly Typed?
Nov 04, 2009

Is it capitalized?  carotid dopper, carotid Doppler, or Carotid Doppler? ...

Med For Cough/congestion S/l Sea Fin. Thanks!
Oct 15, 2009

Have tried different spellings and no luck.  She may be shortening a long name into something like C-fen.  Any help appreciated! ...

New Cough Medicine
Oct 20, 2009

Can anyone help me out with a cough medicine. It sounds like Cortisol Plus. I am not sure of the spelling and have searched the net and can't seem to find it. Does anyone have any idea how this is spelled. Thanks in advance. ...

Cough Assist
May 17, 2010

I'm transcribing a rehab H&P and they use the term Cough Assist a lot. It came in thru ESC as cough assist, but I'm finding that it's CoughAssist or Cough Assist, trademarked, on a lot of hits on Google. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be upper case or lower case? The sentence is "Continue with cough assist b.i.d." ...

S/l Seldec PE DM Cough Medicine OTC
Jan 07, 2011

nm ...

...using Herbal Remedies Such As EK-OG-NEE-SHA??? (Patient Has Cough And URI)
Sep 17, 2010

thanks ...

Christmas Carol For MT's - :Do You Hear What I Hear?" Nm
Nov 29, 2009

nm ...

Upper Respiratory Tract Type Infections With *carizor* Or Cough. Thanks. Nm
Jan 05, 2010

nm ...

Carotid Surgery, Status Post S/l "IUL" Implantation. Nm
Feb 23, 2011

xx ...

He Still Notes A Slightly Dry Cough And Occasional S/l "recumbent" Wheeze.
Feb 27, 2010

Thanks guys ...

Anybody Hear From Their New RTL?
Jan 12, 2010

Haven't heard a word about this since they were asking people to apply in Dec. Supposedly 12 were hired for nights and weekend shifts. Wonder if they found 12 willing to chance another new created MQ position. ...

Would Like To Hear From TLs Or QA
Feb 16, 2010

I would like to know what you see as the pros and cons of your job, esp if you work for one of the larger nationals and, if possible, maybe some idea of what pay range in addition to being an MT one might expect to be offered (or fair), ie, x-amount more per line or hour... thank you v. much for any input. ...

Anybody Ever Hear Of This ...
Mar 16, 2010

I'm doing a cardiology report and the doctor is referring to what sounds like a "2 10 pen cath."  Any idea what he's trying to say.  ...

Anyone Ever Hear Of This?
Apr 27, 2010

Company wants me to sign HIPAA Business Associate Agreement and send to them along with my resume prior to testing.  Has anyone else had to do this? ...

Seriously, Does Anybody NOT Hear
Sep 07, 2011

Ours barely, barely, barely ever sends out an e-mail anymore and our QC only sends out about 1 e-mail a week.  Answer phone calls? Forget about it.  Just wondered if this is SOP. ...

I Cannot Hear With All These
Sep 28, 2011

SHRILL, GIGGLING, LOUD NURSES AND/OR SUPPORT STAFF in the background.  I'd like to reach thru the phone and b/slap all of them!!!!! I don't see how patients ever get any rest/recuperation!!! ...

Fed Up And No Win....I Hear Ya.
May 29, 2012

I know where you are coming from.  I posted on here a couple of weeks ago that my husband passed away and I did not even get a "kiss my foot" from this company.  No card, no email...no anything AND my post was jerked off here in a heartbeat.  My CCM knew about it and another friend that works there as well.  I am so disappointed in this company... ...

What I Hear...
Feb 24, 2014

What I hear is, Nuance is hiring a lot of newbies... great! give them a chance BUT... are they being paid the same as the veterans?  Anybody know? ...

ICs Want To Hear From You
May 30, 2014

I recently took a job as an IC, thinking it would be great to make my own schedule. HOWEVER, I have to work when the work is there. There is no making my own schedule. The work flow dictates when I work. There is no work on Monday or Tuesday. Maybe a few reports trickle in late Tues, but then more work comes late Wednesday afternoon, then work Thurs, Fri, Sat, and by Sunday no work again. Account is for clinic docs, no acute care. Is this the same experience you other ICs are having. I&# ...

Anyone Ever Hear Of?
Aug 20, 2014

Transcribe Team?  They are offering 0.40 to 0.65 per audio minute.  Strange? ...

I Would Like To Hear From All Independents Who Get The Following:
Nov 01, 2009

I am an IC. I have read a website that says we as independents get the following. I would love to hear from each one who is in this category and tell me if you as an independent are getting the following: The site says many companies that hire ICs give full benefits including sick leave, health insurance, sign on bonuses, paid vacations, retirement plans. Next this site says 6 hours a day is considered a full day for most MTs and lastly it says that we, if compentent enough ...

Anyone Hear Of Von Bonsdorff?
Nov 03, 2009

von Bonsdorff  hyperventilation maneuver ...