A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This patient better find a new doctor. - This one is being subjected

Posted: Dec 05, 2013

to a basketball shockwave lithotripsy.  Must be for those pesky basketball sized stones.  Way to go VR!

Wait, there is more - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
Turns out these stones are in the lower pole of the right lung!!!! I don't know who is more messed up, the doctor, the patient or the VR!

Thanks for the laughs! - I needed that... nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

Can't Find Word Doctor Even Wrote It Out Pancreatobiliary Tract??? Ever Heard Of This??
Jun 04, 2010

I Am A Patient And A Part-time Of Employee Of The Same Doctor.
Dec 02, 2009

I have three jobs.  One full time, a part-time and a part-time (done only once a month). The once a month job is for done for my pcp (doctor).  I no longer have need for the job.  I hate to tell my own physician I no longer want to work for him because I feel as a patient he will not treat me the same.  Never mix business with business.  What can I do? ...

Doctor Dictating See Patient Back Peripherally.
May 29, 2014

Doctor repeatedly dictates at end of her office  notes will see patient back peripherally.  When asked about this, she says yes, that is what she means to say.  Has anyone heard of "PERIPHERALLY" used in this manner in dictation?  If so, what does this mean because I cannot verify this as being correct.  Thanks :) ...

The Doctor States To The Patient That Carpal Tunnel Is Not
May 26, 2015

I would like to know exactly where else you would get it from when you're doing 8 hours a day, 5 days a week full-time job for one company for the past 20+ years. No outside of work hobbies or activities to cause it according to patient. This is workers comp law, according to the doctor.   I'm unsure if it's that particular state where the patient resides, but if I were working 40 hours a week at the same job for many years and develop carpal or anything similar, you b ...

Where To Find Patient's Old Files
Jul 28, 2014

We used to use Ctrl + F5 [I believe -- it has been so long, I am not certain] to get to the old records.  We would be able to search by the patient's name and MRN.   Nowadays we can use CTRL + O, then ALT + P to get to some of the patient's old files, but many times none are listed, even though the patient has been to the hospital/clinic before.   Will someone please instruct me as to what keystrokes I need to do to get to the old files?  Thanks for any help ...

The Patient Used To Be On S/l Euthyroid 2 Grains. I Can't Find This But It Sounds Familiar. ~
Nov 01, 2009

xx ...

Patient Lives In "TWO LEE" Idaho. Can't Find It ??
Oct 19, 2011

? ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

If The Doctor Says MTP Sm
Nov 10, 2009

The patient presents today for followup on her right first MTP. should it be... metatarsophalangeal and the word joint after it or can it just be metarsophalangeal? tia. ...

Do You Ever Wonder How A Doctor (ESL Or Non-ESL) Would
Feb 20, 2010

react if we went in their offices and talked so fast that they couldn't understand what we said, if we ate during our visit, or yawned and continued talking?  I'm just going to wager a guess that they wouldn't appreciate it very much.  Sometimes, I think it would be fun to try just to see their reactions.  There are some that I transcribe that if I ever got the chance to do that I would.  Have an ESL right now that's talking way too fast.  Do they not ...

Anyone Else Have A Doctor Who ........ (sm)
Aug 05, 2010

Rambles on, makes no sense throughout the dictation at all, does not make complete sentences, dictates on a patient in the WRONG chart constantly, follows no format, which is required by YOU, cuts himself off but yet when you can understand him, he has a "bright" moment and makes sense is an absolute joy to transcribe????  Oh, and did I mention that he only dictates every third day even though he sees patients on a daily basis???? Mini-vent over, back to the confusion ... TIA ...

New Doctor
Nov 06, 2010

It sounds like he says Plantar response is flexor bilaterally in his physical exam portion but he says it so fast I'm not sure I have it right.  ...

Gee, Doctor
Jul 08, 2014

to dictate, as long as you are already in your car & eating a box of Cracker Jack.  ...

How Can You Be A Doctor And
Aug 16, 2014

I mean, seriously. What are they teaching these ESL docs now?? <--me, rolling eyes ...

Really Doctor
Jan 27, 2015

Document 1836 long.  Doctor walked away from phone at 153 and I had to listen to a bunch of garbage.  thank you so much for being an incosiderate boob.  ...

Well Thank You Doctor...
Mar 10, 2015

Apologies from a physician who is stumbling over his words while valiantly making an effort to dictate clearly.  Wish we had more docs like this. ...

Yes, Doctor
May 10, 2015

while you take a long personal call.  After all, I'm just a computer. ...

Really Doctor?
Jun 03, 2015

doesn't actually pause the recording.  And saying "Unpause" doesn't make it start again.  This isn't even the same doctor that calls me "computer."  "Computer go back to the HPI and..."  Beam me up!! ...

What About A Doctor's Responsibility?
Oct 20, 2009

I got in trouble today because I put a wrong patient.  The doctor dictated a billing number, name, and MRN.  The MRN was had a different patient, but the billing number and the patient name matched the ADT screen.  Not to mention the fact that he kept using "she" in the dictation and the MRN number matched a "he".  So logically one would just think he had the wrong MRN and I didn't want another QA submission so I sent it through with the correct billing number, name, and ...

Doctor's Address
Oct 31, 2009

I need the address for Dr. Jill Rue, family doc in Kentucky or southern indiana. thx ...

Having So Much Trouble With This Doctor......
Jan 18, 2010

No. 2 of his impression is: Acute pancreatitis with probable cysts.  Rule out pseudocyesis or superimposed candidiasis.  The fullness of the cul-de-sac may be secondary to ascites (s/l lofadet) gynecology problem.  HELP!!!!!!!! ...

Doctor-diagnosed Or Doctor Diagnosed?
Jan 27, 2010

Psychiatric Consultation under Review of past medical records... There's a list of 8 paragraphs that begin with "Doctor diagnosed... " and then a list of conditions that the patient had/has follows each. Would Doctor-diagnosed be hypenated in this case?  Thanks!   ...