A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Powerscribe - any way to make money on this? - still frustrated

Posted: Sep 29, 2012

I just started about 3 weeks ago part time doing radiology in Powerscribe at 0.045 cents a line.  Is there any way to make money at this?  I'm used to making around $20 an hour, and I'm making about $4 an hour now, wondering if it gets better or if it is worth my time.  Thanks for any input!!

At 0.045 cpl? NO. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

usual rate? - not sure what to do

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for replying. I was afraid of that, but thought maybe it was just me. Do you know what the usual rate is?

For radiology using PS, I make 0.65 per report and average right at $19 an hour. - PS Editor

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope this helps you. By the line, I don't think you would make any money, so definitely look for pay by the report.
.65 per report??? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
-
run....run away as fast as you can! - ltdn
[ In Reply To ..]
You won't make good money, you won't be happy doing it, and you'll be shocked at all the errors you have to correct...VR is a pathetic way to get rid of a transcriptionist who actually DOES a good job and in the meantime saves every money while screwing you. They'll tell you that you'll make more money once you get the hang of it... Don't fall for it!!

Similar Messages:

Does Anybody Make Any Money At This? Sm
Jan 18, 2011

I've heard of more MTs NOT making any money than making money.  I've worked from home before but had to work full-time from home and part time at the hospital just to pay the bills then ended up quitting at home and went back to the hospital full time because I could make more money working from the hospital 40 hours than working 60 hours between the two.  I loved working from home but I couldn't make any money at it.  But at the time I only had 2 years' ...

Can You Make Money Just Doing Editing?
Oct 21, 2009

Hello!  Was just wondering about supplementing my MT work with just editing and wondering if it was possible to not only earn good extra $ with it, but if there are actually companies that just need this and how difficult it is to learn how to do it?  Any ideas, opinions, etc., greatly appreciated!   Thanks! ...

Cant Make No Money At MQ Anymore
Mar 27, 2010

I have had it..The past 2 paychecks I made approximately $200.00 less..constantly getting work I have never done before from hospitals I have never done because there is no work in my hospitals, constantly having to run searches in DoQManage for reports because I have never done those hospitals before..then we are told there is a certain amount of lines/hour we have to do..there is NOT enough time in an hour to do all this plus transcribe.  MQ..JUST LEAVE US ALONE AND LET US TRANSCRIBE..Let ...

For Those Of You Who Don't Make Money At This, How Do You Pay Your Bills? Sm
Jan 21, 2011

Just wondering.  If you don't mind my asking...  I'm thinking about working from home again, but last time I did this I didn't make any money at it.  That was when I only had 2 years' experience though.  I have 6 now.  This time around I HAVE to make a certain amount to pay my bills!  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!       ...

Wow, You Really Can't Make Any Money With Amphion
May 02, 2011

I type my butt off full time and don't make anywhere close to $2k a month. This is the first time I've gotten to see it since it's the first time they've had enough work for me to make my line count. They don't pay for spaces, plus they have a weird way of counting lines. Time to send out resumes. I am not typing my way into carpal tunnel for this pittance they call a paycheck. Amphion people, are you making decent money there? ...

Why Is It So Hard To Make Money
Jul 14, 2012

I dont understand why you all are having such a hard time making money.  My mom makes good money.  Whats up? ...

DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY MAKE ANY MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY
Aug 22, 2012

Is anyone even able to make minimum wage here? This is ridiculous!!!!!!! ...

Hey MModal, You Know How You Can Make Money!?
Nov 08, 2013

Take all your suits, the ones raking in a quarter million to a million a year with bonuses, etc, and cut their pay in half, and that is still being generous.  They don't need to be paid that much.  With all your fancy business degrees, you would think they would teach you some common sense.  It seems that they teach you how to squeeze as much money out of a company and its lesser employees before running it to the ground, then move on. ...

Can You Make Money With VRE Editing?
May 08, 2014

So I have been working for private doctors for the past few years.  Prior to that I worked for national companies doing straight transcription.  Rates back then were 8 to 10 cpl, with 8 cpl being pretty low.  Now 8 cpl seems to be where companies tap off.  I am seeing that the companies that pay 8 cpl for straight transcription also offer 4 cpl for VRE.  To be honest, VRE sounds nice to me because it will save my hands a lot of pain!  After 14 years of being an M ...

M*Modal - Does Anyone Make Decent Money With This?
Jan 03, 2010

I have been using M*Modal for about a month and a half now and I was really trying to give it a shot, but I am really doubting that I can ever make good money with this program.   I used to be able to transcribe approximately 25 min/hour and these were docs that went pretty fast, so I usually got 250 to 300 lines/hour @ 9/line, so I made about  22.50 to 27.00/hr.  Now with M*modal, they dropped the line rate 4/line and there is just no way that I ...

Focus Infomatics :: Can You Make Any Money On Cpl?
Jan 26, 2010

I was offered a job as QA for Focus at 4 cpl.  Can you make any money on cpl?  I have always worked QA on an hourly wage.  Thanks for any response. ...

I JUST WANT TO MAKE SOME MONEY I JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILLS, WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT?????
Mar 19, 2010

over 26 years of experience, i have three jobs and guess what?  NO WORK, NO WORK, NO WORK!!!!!  How does one meet their financial needs when you cannot make a living off of 3 JOBS????????  I am working vr on one of them and just started so I am not making diddly there.  So I have two part-times to supplement, but still NO WORK!!  I JUST WANT TO TYPE!!!!!  I JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILLS!!!!  Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!! ...

Is There Any Other VR Platform Besides Escription That You Can Make Money On? Sm
Jun 16, 2010

I know everyone loves Escription, but just wondering if there were other platforms out there. ...

Medical Transcriptionschools Are Just Trying To Make Money
Oct 07, 2010

I believe these MT schools are just trying to make money. ...

Is There Any Way To Make Money Doing Clinic Work
May 03, 2011

Now I am talking about decent money, $40,000 a year or more. This is clinic work at 8 cpl for transcription and 5 cpl for VR. Bear in mind that the majority of the work (85%) is VR and that 5 cpl is not too bad for VR. BUT, the majority of the reports are also in the 10 second range. ...

Can You Guys Make Any Money With M*Modal
Sep 02, 2012

How are the benefits, health insurance, paid time off, vacation, etc.  Thanks ...

Make Money With Referrals Ad Seems A Bit Underhanded
Aug 08, 2013

You would think they would have their own department that goes out to look for work for their employees.  This just doesn't seem like an appropriate ad to be placed here.  JMHO. ...

No Wonder Some People Make Good Money
Jun 26, 2015

Had several jobs off my regular account this morning,,,all STANDARDS, clear dictators...NOT FAIR ...

Coder Make More Money Than MT/editor?
Jun 27, 2015

Do you make more money as an MT or a coder in general? I know it depends on the certification you have and how many years and whether you are paid by the line or hour, but overall, those of you who have been MTs and coders, do you make more money coding or MT/editing?    ...

Is It Possible To Make Decent Money With TransTech E-Scription VR? Nm
Dec 29, 2009

nm ...

Impossible To Make Any Money The Way The Line Count Is Set Up?
Jan 15, 2011

Is it just me or are these companies making it impossible to make any money the way the line count is set up?  I can type all day and make very close to minimum wage.  It never was this way before. ...

To All MTs Who Claim To Make More Money Than Woman With BS Degrees.....
Jun 13, 2012

Those of you who claim to make TONS OF MONEY TYPING....  You are not straight typing MTs under regular circumstances IF I believe you...and I don't.   You probably work 7 days a week, all hours of the day like most MTs.  You DO NOT work a regular 8-hour day, 5 days a week and make that much money.  If that were true...there would be much more competition.  The only perk is being at home.  Period...End of story.  Stop trying to sell me your ocean front pro ...

Hey Look, With No Experience At All, I Can Make Much More Money Making Burgers!!!
Sep 14, 2013

Amidst nationwide protests about the minimum wage at fast-food eateries, one burger joint in the Detroit metropolitan area has decided to raise its starting salary to $15. According to the Daily Beast, Moo Cluck Moo, a Michigan eatery, had already been paying employees an unheard of $12 per hour. Fast-food workers around the country have been holding protests to encourage companies and restaurant owners to raise staff pay. Moo Cluck Moo owners Brian Parker and Harry Moorhouse chose to give their ...

Hospital Job Paid On Production. I Can't Make Any Money
Jan 29, 2014

When did hospital jobs get almost as bad as working for a service?  When I have had hospital MT jobs before, we were either paid hourly, or hourly base pay plus incentive.  It was possible to make $22 to $25 an hour. I have also worked on production for a service and for myself and I can usually do 200 lph very easily, 250 lph if I'm concentrating, 300-350 lph if I'm concentrating and getting good dictation (that I'm familiar with and know what they are going to say ...

Make More Money Full Time At McDonalds
Jan 23, 2015

.07 cpl, paying once a month with a fee if direct deposit is utilized?  Geez, thought my job was hideous...  I could literally make more money working minimum wage 40 hours a week.  It is sad what this has come too. 19 years of hard work and dedication to watch it waste away...  ...

Dictaphone's Speech Product- Does Anyone Really Make Any Money On This Platform?
Feb 19, 2010

I have always used eScription which is a much friendiler platform. This is the first time I have used this program and I'll be lucky to make $50 a day.  I realize it is something new for me, but from those who use it regularly, am many lines can you average an hour. I need some hope here. ...

Fast Chart - Is It Possible To Make Any Money Doing Editing For 0.03 A Line?
Feb 15, 2011

Is it possible to make any money doing editing for 0.03 a line?  I was offered a position with them and it is 90-95% editing.  I have never done editing before and am just wondering if it is something that is worth trying.  It is only part-time.  I have been trying to find something, but I am not having any luck.  TIA ...

It Is Just Me Or Is There Anyone That Can Make More Money Typing Versus Voice Recognition?
May 31, 2012

Anybody Use Powerscribe? If So, How Do You Like It?
Nov 12, 2009

nm ...

Powerscribe Pay
Jul 02, 2010

I'm new to PS and am getting 0.65 per report (radiology).  I have searched the archives and cant really find much on pay for PS.  I guess I just want to know if my current company is pulling the wool over my eyes now that they have gone to PS.  Does anyone know the average per report rate for PS?  Or do you get paid per line?  Help! ...