A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any other Escription/EditScript Users Notice This??? - smeeps

Posted: Mar 17, 2014

Most of you know who I work for (Acusis).  I've never really paid much attention to lines on my timesheet cause I had always reached my daily goal in ES.  I do work 10 pm to 2 am so I realize my count may overlap into the next day.  However, I 'really' noticed for this past pay period, that the timesheet counts(which are uploaded by my supervisor which she gets from the client) were off from what ES had(I logged in and checked each day for the past pay period) to the tune of 300 lines.  Not much, I know, but we all know every little bit counts.  Tha being said, I'm going to be paying very close attention to my lines counts anymore....

It's probably not their fault and here's why.... - InTheKnow

[ In Reply To ..]
One of the biggest complaints that has been brought to eScritpion's attention many times over the years by clients (in addition to MTSOs) is that if a report is deleted from their system the line count goes bye-bye with it too. It drives us all nuts. Clients are stuck because if the dictator insists they made gross errors and it has to come off the system they have to delete it. What you need to do is this. Every day at the end of your shift print the line count total so you have documentation of the reports/lines you did. Go back a day or 2 later to see if any changes are there. If there are any changes when you run the new line count report go and look to see what's missing and make sure your manager knows this. Most companies/hospitals will pay you if you can document that job # and lines that were deleted. You'd think eScription would fix their system to where you can delete a report without it taking the line count with it but they don't ever seem interested in fixing this problem that messes a lot of us up.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. - smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

EditScript Users
Oct 07, 2010

What are your average lines per hour for editing?  Acute care.  We are transitioning over and most dictations have not gone into editing yet. We are curious as to what your productivity is.   So far the drafts are amazingly good.  This is all new to us.  I have read through the archives but they are not very recent.  Thank you to anyone who answers. ...

Any EditScript 10 Users
Oct 23, 2014

Has anyone using EditScript 10 in the last few days noticed that it is acting very badly?  It is even making my keyboard act up.  It is not occuring with versions 9 or 11, only 10.  ...

Question For EditScript Users
Sep 29, 2010

Does anyone know a way to get around the lock on copying or printing documents transcribed in EditScript? I do the copying process as a means of building up Dragon document analysis (once it's done the document is destroyed). Doing this would have a huge impact on my production (double or triple it), so I think you can see why I'm hoping this can be done. ...

Editscript - Any Current Users?
May 08, 2014

Anyone currently using editscript.  My company will be switching over.  Just wondering is it easy to use, do you get good line counts?  I'm nervous about the switch.  ...

Nuance EScription Users?
Mar 24, 2015

I am wondering if there any Nuance employees that are on eScription accounts? What is your experience? Is it better/easier/faster than eBtxt? Are you able to make a decent line count? ...

Escription Users: Is It Possible To Do 400 Lines An Hour
Apr 24, 2013

Have not done VR since I worked for the M. Is the above platform easy to use because you would have to be flying through reports at today's going pay rates. ...

New To VR/EditScript/Escription
Oct 25, 2009

After 40 years on the job and getting tired of typing, when out of a job this last time (there have been so many times of late because of ...well most of you already know how goes it with our profession), I decided to just go for what seems to be taking over transcription anyway.  Thanks to this board and all the talk about the different platforms, I took a job with a company that uses EditScript, and I am thrilled.  In those 40 years, I have had to do a lot of proofreading as a super ...

Escription/editscript/qc
Nov 22, 2009

I posted this on the company board but this might be a better place...I work at FocusInfomatics...QC..just started not that long ago.  Many years of experience with editing, QA, MT, etc.  I'm new to VR. I would love to hear what to expect for production as right now...it's not so good.  I understand variables, etc.  My work load is very low right now but that is supposedly going to change soon.  With QCing everything to sound, can someone tell me what they ...

Escription/Editscript
Feb 24, 2010

I am starting a new job that uses Escription and Editscript.  I use Shorthand as an expander and Spellex as my medical dictionary.  Does anyone know if these will function correctly in those programs? Thanks! ...

Escription 9.80 - Anyone Else Notice That It's Worse
May 08, 2013

I'm doing multiple edits on almost every line since we switched to 9.80 - and the mistakes it's making I've never seen before.  I mean, it was never great but now its really lousy.  It's like it forgot whatever little that it ever "knew" - and now I get really dumb errors, lots of words clearly spoken that are omitted, formatting errors - and the punctuation is a nightmare. It's really cut my production significantly. What say you? ...

Are EScription And EditScript The Same Thing? Are
Oct 27, 2009

those the best VR programs, or is there a better one out there?  Which companies use this program?  TIA! ...

Escription/EditScript And Vmware
Aug 10, 2011

Does anyone know if EditScript can be run using VMware? I hate using 2 different computers to work and I would love, love to be able to install a virtual copy of Windows 7 or XP on my Vista computer. I did some online research and found an article back in 2009 that said it does NOT, but was wondering if anyone has had any recent experience?? TIA. ...

Escription/EditScript Question
Jan 15, 2012

For anyone who is familiar with EditScript, are employers able to view who is logged on, how long you've been idle, etc? ...

EScription EditScript 9 Alt L Function
Dec 04, 2012

I must hit alt L 20 times a day instead of  alt K.  Seems like I do it when I'm in front of a word like "in" or "the" - you know, something that is in a document 1000 times....  I usually do alt z to undo it, but once that is done, the red box no longer works until it gets to the last occurrence of the word alt z corrected.  How do I disable the alt L function?  Is there a line to remove from a macro? ...

EScription, EditScript And EMON
May 22, 2014

Hello.  Does anyone know if you can see your work queue through EditScript, or do you have to have access to EMON?  Thanks! ...

Question About EditScript (escription)
Apr 30, 2015

I was assigned to a third account years ago that was escription.  My primary is a totally different platform.  As I didn't get to my third account very often, I eventually stopped going there altogther as I wasn't retaining the platform very well.  My question:  Isn't the abbreviation/macro system within escription in Word?  What is it called and does anyone know how I can look for that file on my computer to take with me to new job?    Thanks ...

Does EditScript/eScription Have Its Own Word Expander Such As ESP Does In
May 17, 2010

Making the switch soon.  I am soooo dependent on my ESP, I can't imagine working without it.  Help! ...

EScription EditScript And Sylvan ShortCut
Aug 16, 2011

I just started an account using EditScript today and I can't seem to get my Sylvan ShortCut program to work with it.  It works sometimes and not others and very slowly, showing one letter at a time.  I already tried excluding it from my Avast antivirus (I think I did it right) and it seemed better for a minute and then right back to the same thing.  I ended up closing it and working without it, but I can't do that all the time or my production will suck.  Has anyone ...

Text Expander Best With EScription / EditScript ?
May 17, 2014

Which text expander is easy to use and works best with eScription/EditScript? ...

Editscript - How To Check My Line Count In Editscript? 
May 18, 2013

Can anybody tell me how to check my line count in Editscript?  ...

Any Difference In EditScript MT 9 And EditScript MT 9.12?
Dec 29, 2011

Does anyone know if there is any difference in EditScript MT 9 and EditScript MT 9.12?  If there is, how can we update this? It seems that my new place of employments line counting is not the same as my old place of employment.  New employer has EditScript 9, while my old work had EditScript 9.12, and my line count was much more at my previous employer.  Now it seems I can put out tons of work and see not much for lines...  Very frustrating. When questioning my employer now, they say t ...

Any MAC Users?
May 10, 2010

Anybody have a Mac?  Do you love it?  I've only read positive reviews by Mac owners. and the peoplle i know who are Mac owners really love them as well.  Any quirks or downsides to owning one/using one?  What are the upsides to owning a Mac?  Are they worth the money? What are the positives to owning a Mac?  Thanks for any insight. ...

Any BayScribe Users Out There?
Sep 04, 2011

I started with a company using BayScribe.  I have a rather unusual problem.  The BayScribe expander will not function in the document.  I can bring it up via Control F3 and can add entries, but they will not expand.  When my machine is entered remotely, that user IS able to expand, but within the same session, I still cannot expand.  I have uninstall, reinstalled, Norton off, IE setting fine.  Toggling on and off makes no difference.  I have been troubleshootin ...

Bayscribe Users
Jun 23, 2012

Having been away from Bayscribe for awhile, I cannot remember the keystroke(s), but can you tell me how, after you highlight a word or phrase, that you can change the case, ie, from lower, to upper, to mixed?  Thanks. ...

Question For DQS Users
Jul 20, 2012

Hi Everyone - I need some help from the DocQScribe users. I had a little trouble with my computer earlier today.  Got it up and running again, but now when I go into DQS, everything works except for Control+J (Jump) and Control+D (to go to demo screen).  Is this a problem in a setting for DQS?  Is it my computer?  My keyboard?  I also use Shorthand word expander and have checked all the settings in there they all look good. Anyone have any ideas?  I'm switch ...

Question For ASR Users
Sep 27, 2012

I'm curious.  What is your ASR editing style?  1) Just read and fix, without listening, but listen to certain parts if question. 2) Read against voice everytime and fix, then send. 3) Read against voice everytime and fix, then read against voice again, then send. 4) Read against voice, fix, then just read without a second listen. 5) Other. Explain. I'm tired of ASR, and just curious how others are doing it!   ...

ExpressScribe Users Please Help...sm
Nov 13, 2012

Could someone tell me when load and delete voice files into ExpressScribe, how the heck do I get it to save the original date and time stuff was recorded instead of changing it to the date and time I brought it into the program.  Frustrated.  Thanks all. ...

Any Benchmark Users?
May 19, 2013

I'm trying to get a new system set up on my new computer and was just curious about Benchmark.   Does anyone currently use it and, if so, do you find it a useful resource?  I hate to spend $200 on something that isn't actually helpful and a time-saver.  If you use it, can you share which features it offers that you find the most beneficial?  And, conversely, if it has any features you find not so helpful?  Do you consider it to have been a good investment? Th ...

Any Laptop Users?
Jun 12, 2014

Hello.  I'm wondering if anyone uses a laptop for work and if so any suggestions on the best ones, value and performance.  I am starting a new job and was told a laptop would be fine.  I would only use it a small amount of time and generally use my desktop computer, but would like the option, without spending a fortune or having it breakdown.  Thanks for any thoughts or advice. ...

Condolences To XP Users
Jan 12, 2015

I just have to send out some Monday wishes for all those with XP who woke up to a nice e-mail that they would have to acquire a new computer.  Considering it is barely after Christmas, and it just is one thing followed by another, I'm not sure how they expect you to do this on less pay, and I'm sure this created stress for a lot of people. And I just thought some warm wishes and prayers in your direction were warranted this morning.   :(   ...