A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does EditScript/eScription have its own word expander such as ESP does in - Dictaphone?

Posted: May 17, 2010

Making the switch soon.  I am soooo dependent on my ESP, I can't imagine working without it.  Help!

it uses Word autocorrect - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Text Expander Best With EScription / EditScript ?
May 17, 2014

Which text expander is easy to use and works best with eScription/EditScript? ...

Free Word Expander To Work With Editscript
May 20, 2011

I am looking for a free word expander to work with Editscript.  I have Fast Fox but it is not working.  I have Vista but think it is with the Editscript. ...

Help! Shortcut Word Expander Won't Work Right With Editscript
Nov 07, 2012

Has anyone had any problems using the Shortcut for Windows word expander with the Editscript platform?  It's always worked fine in the past when I used to use Voicescribe.  It also works fine in everything else currently that I use.  When I expand a word it in Editscript, the expanded word moves back a couple spaces and cuts off the previous word I had typed.  It works fine in Word by itself.  I just don't get it.  If anybody can help, I'd greatly ap ...

Best Word Expander For Escription
Oct 08, 2013

Its time to renew my PCShorthand license.  I was just wondering if there is a better word expander to use with Escription or if I should just be using the Microsoft autotext (or what ever it is called).  IF so, is there a way to transfer my PCShorthand files to Microsoft? ...

Does EScription Have A Built Word Expander?
Oct 27, 2009

or Do I have to buy Shorthand. ...

Expander Editscript
Jun 08, 2010

What expander program works with editscript and is there a free download. ...

Need Help With A Certain Macro/expander In Editscript
Aug 20, 2013

I am trying to make a macro/expander for "-year-old" and in order for the expander to work right it needs a backspace but I don't know how to put a backspace in. Can anyone please tell me how. ...

New To VR/EditScript/Escription
Oct 25, 2009

After 40 years on the job and getting tired of typing, when out of a job this last time (there have been so many times of late because of ...well most of you already know how goes it with our profession), I decided to just go for what seems to be taking over transcription anyway.  Thanks to this board and all the talk about the different platforms, I took a job with a company that uses EditScript, and I am thrilled.  In those 40 years, I have had to do a lot of proofreading as a super ...

Escription/editscript/qc
Nov 22, 2009

I posted this on the company board but this might be a better place...I work at FocusInfomatics...QC..just started not that long ago.  Many years of experience with editing, QA, MT, etc.  I'm new to VR. I would love to hear what to expect for production as right now...it's not so good.  I understand variables, etc.  My work load is very low right now but that is supposedly going to change soon.  With QCing everything to sound, can someone tell me what they ...

Escription/Editscript
Feb 24, 2010

I am starting a new job that uses Escription and Editscript.  I use Shorthand as an expander and Spellex as my medical dictionary.  Does anyone know if these will function correctly in those programs? Thanks! ...

Are EScription And EditScript The Same Thing? Are
Oct 27, 2009

those the best VR programs, or is there a better one out there?  Which companies use this program?  TIA! ...

Escription/EditScript And Vmware
Aug 10, 2011

Does anyone know if EditScript can be run using VMware? I hate using 2 different computers to work and I would love, love to be able to install a virtual copy of Windows 7 or XP on my Vista computer. I did some online research and found an article back in 2009 that said it does NOT, but was wondering if anyone has had any recent experience?? TIA. ...

Escription/EditScript Question
Jan 15, 2012

For anyone who is familiar with EditScript, are employers able to view who is logged on, how long you've been idle, etc? ...

EScription EditScript 9 Alt L Function
Dec 04, 2012

I must hit alt L 20 times a day instead of  alt K.  Seems like I do it when I'm in front of a word like "in" or "the" - you know, something that is in a document 1000 times....  I usually do alt z to undo it, but once that is done, the red box no longer works until it gets to the last occurrence of the word alt z corrected.  How do I disable the alt L function?  Is there a line to remove from a macro? ...

EScription, EditScript And EMON
May 22, 2014

Hello.  Does anyone know if you can see your work queue through EditScript, or do you have to have access to EMON?  Thanks! ...

Question About EditScript (escription)
Apr 30, 2015

I was assigned to a third account years ago that was escription.  My primary is a totally different platform.  As I didn't get to my third account very often, I eventually stopped going there altogther as I wasn't retaining the platform very well.  My question:  Isn't the abbreviation/macro system within escription in Word?  What is it called and does anyone know how I can look for that file on my computer to take with me to new job?    Thanks ...

EScription EditScript And Sylvan ShortCut
Aug 16, 2011

I just started an account using EditScript today and I can't seem to get my Sylvan ShortCut program to work with it.  It works sometimes and not others and very slowly, showing one letter at a time.  I already tried excluding it from my Avast antivirus (I think I did it right) and it seemed better for a minute and then right back to the same thing.  I ended up closing it and working without it, but I can't do that all the time or my production will suck.  Has anyone ...

Any Other Escription/EditScript Users Notice This???
Mar 17, 2014

Most of you know who I work for (Acusis).  I've never really paid much attention to lines on my timesheet cause I had always reached my daily goal in ES.  I do work 10 pm to 2 am so I realize my count may overlap into the next day.  However, I 'really' noticed for this past pay period, that the timesheet counts(which are uploaded by my supervisor which she gets from the client) were off from what ES had(I logged in and checked each day for the past pay period) to th ...

Is Auto-Correct A Sufficient Expander For EScription? Do I Need
Dec 02, 2009

If I do need Shorthand, is the $29 one-year trial of it okay, or do I need to get the $99 permanent license? ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Word Expander Program For WORD
Jan 29, 2012

Can anyone recommend a word expander program that they have used.  I have been doing transcription work for a local doctor for a few years and finally have decided to purchase this as I use word expander in other work I do for a transcription company.  I do not want to spend a lot but want to be sure when I purchase something that is it the best out there.  Thanks!  ...

Does Anyone Have A Word Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone have a word expander? and how are they and do they work good. I need to get one. How much do they cost? ...

The Best Word Expander
Jan 30, 2011

What is everyone using for their word expander program?  I have been trying out ASUTYPE and like it so far. ...

Word Expander??
Feb 10, 2011

Does anyone know of a free program for short hand or word expander? ...

Best Word Expander
Jul 08, 2011

I'm looking for a word expander that really works well with the way I want to type.  I want a word expander that expands with any trigger, i.e, space bar, apostrophe, parenthesis, period, comma, etc. I also want an expander that allows me to build on an existing word without creating an inappropriate word.  For instance, my shortcut for lymphocytes is ly.  When the VR text gives my essential, and I want to turn it into essentially, I want to be able to add the ly t ...

Which Word Expander Do You Use?
Jul 16, 2011

I am wondering which word expander is the best. If you use one, which one do you use? How would you rate it? How much do you think it maximizes your productivity? ...

Which Is The Best Word Expander?
Dec 07, 2011

Which do you recommend and why? ...

What Is The Best Word Expander? Nm
Aug 17, 2013

nm ...

MS Word 2007 And Editscript
Sep 28, 2013

Does anyone known the recommended MS Word options/adjustments for Editscript/eScription? The document Nuance gave me providing instructions  won't open for whatever reason (of course), and I'm moving all my stuff to a new computer this weekend.  I have Word 2007.   Thanks ...

I'm Using Word's AutoCorrect...(along With EditScript)...
Dec 04, 2014

Do I lose all of my AutoCorrect entries and have to start from scratch?  ...