A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So sick of this! When are docs going to be told they cannot dictate on cell phones...sm - Not so fast there

Posted: May 12, 2012

It takes just as long to listen to the file (most of which is unintelligible) and leave huge areas of blanks, so we make next to nothing for the report. Garbage!!!! I know...nothing will ever be done about this.

1. Don't babysit it. Send it out quick and full of blanks. 2. Flag it for - sound problems to QA and tech support. BTW,

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm doing this for a doc who apparently likes to dictate in the bathtub. Amusing the first time, but on my end the sound is like you're up to your ears in an indoor swimming pool listening to sounds through the water. Not amusing to have this stuff charged against me on a QA percentage, so I send it as it belongs--sound problem.

I tell my clients I charge my clients extra, so they - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
This solves this problem. I also address it with the client as a risk management issue, and thankfully they agree and instruct the physicians to use a land line and speak clear English. I think all companies, large, small, or just the single independent contractor should address this, so they are aware of just how problematic this type of dictation is. I knew a large MTSO service owner who would go around the hospital brown nosing and telling the doctors, "Oh yes, this new dictation system is so great, you can dictate on your cell phones." Wrong! It sounded horrible, and I deal with those same physicians. Besides all the blanks and extra time it takes to transcribe, it gives me a headache. Those VOIP phones are even worse. stand united and just say NO!

I have to say about cellphones... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I do have to say this about dictating on cellphones. I have one provider who dictates on his iPhone. It is literally the clearest audio I have ever heard. So awesome. He was dictating outside, and I could hear every little aspect of his voice, plus the bird chirping in the background. That was a nice :)

Similar Messages:

Can Someone Please Take Their Cell Phones Away?
May 05, 2011

I swear she is on a cell phone in a low service area on speaker mode.  Aren't they supposed to dial in on a hospital phone?  At one time a few years back, I thought it was against HIPAA to use cell phones for dictation.  Drives a person nutty. ...

Cell Phones - Or Whatever.
Jul 17, 2014

This dictator sounds about 70+ and is still using a device that keeps fading out, some kind of cell phone.  Don't they know how bad that is?  Don't they see how many words are missing in their returned reports?  I really think a lot of doctors are ignorant about technology, especially the older ones.   ...

Doctors/dictators Who Use Cell Phones
Sep 14, 2013

weary :o( ...

Doctors Seem Clueless That Cell Phones
Jun 14, 2014

Don't they realize that cell phones and similar devices make their dictation a mangled mess with words being cut off?  Or do they just blame us? ...

Yup, It's Friday Nite - Nothin' But Cell Phones - Nm
May 08, 2015

x ...

I Am Tired Of Trying To Understand Doctors Dictating On Cell Phones On The Way Home
Aug 06, 2011

I have left notes about bad audio and hard to understand dictation and these doctors still persist in dictating on trains, cars, etc.  What do you do. ...

So I Am Sick Of Docs I Cant Understand
Sep 29, 2013

They now cut our PTO and are threatening us if we don't have all our hours in because THEY are out of work..Oh yea and at least 150 lph and 99.6% is it now accuracy..When I can't understand a doc now, I will not go in past reports, I will leave markers..I will go for a second listen once the report is done but the old Above and Beyond crap is gone!! ...

Sick Of Docs Wanting The World, But Offering Nothing In Return
Aug 23, 2010

When did it start being okay for companies to accept and accomodate docs who put out garbage and then require the world of us MT's?  I have worked in the medical setting in various capacities, so I know how docs are and I am used to it.  However, when it comes to something as serious as transcribing thier reports and getting it right you would think they would do there best to at least try to speak soem what clearly.....the wost part is that these are not even ESL's that I sp ...

So Sick Of Docs With 12-inch Thick Tongues! They Should Have To Use Front-end SR! NM
Jun 17, 2015

Tell Me About "meaningful Use" For EMR Please. Does This Mean Docs Can No Longer Dictate
Nov 07, 2012

nm ...

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

C-phones
Nov 20, 2012

I work for a hospital in California on my C-phone.   Over the last week, ever since Comcast demanded that I add a second line because I was using over 5000 minutes of long distance, I have not been able to dial into the hospital.  I can call the hospital number (long distance) but when I get the prompts asking for my ID and password, the system will not take my information from the C-phone.   Yet, when I call the 800 number (for emergencies only), my C-phone worked ...

What Are The Best Head Phones
Apr 30, 2010

What is the best head phones.  I have tried so many, but I know there has to be a better set. I currently use Logitech. ...

Are DVI Transcribers And C Phones The Same?
Jan 01, 2013

Are Dvi boxes interchangeable with C phones and vice versa? Thanks. ...

Question About C-phones
Apr 15, 2013

Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me how a C-phone works? Does it take a designated phone line or will it stop working if I get a phone call? I've never used one. Any info on how it works would be greatly appreciated. ...

Head Phones To Buy
Aug 19, 2014

Can you share what kind of headphones you use that are the best for medical transcription. One of the Nuance people suggested ECS Wordsmith at www.tvps.com. I got them, but I don't find much improvement. I have heard about the booster. Any good suggestions. ...

Ear Phones - Old Telephone Cord
Nov 13, 2009

How do you keep your cord from twisting?  Mine coils up like an old telephone cord. ...

Company That Repairs C-phones?
Dec 01, 2009

Do anyone know of a company that repairs C-phones, besides Dictaphone? ...

C-phones Vs. Internet Platforms.
Jun 12, 2010

I think migrating from C-phones to Internet platforms was a mistake. Over the years I have worked on both Lanier and Dictaphone C-phone accounts as well as about eight different Internet platforms.  I'll take a C-phone account any day.  C-phone accounts normally involve using a professional grade word processor like Word or Wordperfect rather than an amateurish proprietary thing that resembles a word processor but often lacks the features of a professional word processor.Addition ...

Looking To Purchase New Head Phones
Jun 24, 2010

I am looking to purchase new head phones. The cheap ones I note break so easily and I cannot hear very well. I like the head phones that go over the whole ear. Can someone tell me what they find is the best head set to use? If you could give me the name of them and even where you got them and some information about them, I would appreciate it!! Thanks for your time. Liz ...

What Type Of Ear Phones Are MTs Using Nowadays?
Jul 09, 2014

What type of ear phones are MTs using nowadays?  I keep breaking my head set (the wires break inside and I have to hold them just right to use them).   It never occurred to me that the 15,000 (slight exag) ear buds I have in the house (young kids from every electonic ever known to man) has a set.  They seem to work fine.  Is there any reason not to use ear buds versus my old style stethoscope ear phones?  EBAY actually had an ad for Apple ear buds for $2.99 including free shipping!  I cou ...

Call Me An Idiot, But I Have A Question About C-phones, LOL
Oct 23, 2009

When you use a cphone, can the hospital or anyone hear you talking while you are dialed into the hospital?  On two occasions, I said something out loud, like what should have been a silent question (working at home too long, I now talk to myself, ha ha) but on BOTH occasions, my job emailed me the answer to my question within like five minutes of me saying it and I was just wondering.  Thanks. ...

Anybody Handle Phones In A Doctor's Office?
Jul 29, 2012

So I just got a temp job in a fancy upscale surgical hospital. First in-house job in 8 years, and I really need to convert this job into a permanent deal, but my first attempts on the phone last week I sort of bombed. Is anybody able to offer some pointers on phone tact? I know I will make mistakes, it would be great if I could recover from them gracefully. >_<*  If someone was willing to mentor me and get me through this next week I would send you a box of cookies or brownies or wha ...

Looking Up Docs
Jan 19, 2010

MQ told us at one point to use that ponderous webmd.com website to find docs. In my state I use the state medical assn website to find docs. TODAY the office manager for my local docs told me about the NPI website for all states.  Any doctor in practice has to have a # to be billed.  This is THE PLACE to go to find any docs you need to check on.   https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/NPPES/NPIRegistrySearch.do?subAction=reset&searchType=ind ...

Not Just Docs
Apr 22, 2010

This is on my Facebook page:  "then all your doing is in vein!"  Lord help us, they are everywhere~~ FTR Facebook? ...

Don't You Wonder Why Some Docs Even
Feb 25, 2014

I  mean if they aren't going to enunciate a darn thing and they are so determined to get the whole thing done in 30 seconds and they don't care that there are blanks, why do they even bother?  Please doctor, point and click was invented for you.  I urge you to investigate it. ...

How Some Docs Feel About EMR.........
Apr 03, 2010

Had an appt with my doctor; she was slowly typing as we talked.  I asked her how she liked typing her own records.  She said she hates it but has no choice as it is required now.  Apparently some companies are telling the hospitals that EMR is required by law.  That isn't exactly true, and the companies (such as MQ) do a lot of fibbing and twisting of the truth.  While it will be required that medical records be electronic....HOW they get there is where they are fib ...

From What I Seen When Looking Up Past Docs In DQM
May 14, 2011

People are not doing a full listen/correction. There are some pretty blatant errors, and these errors are being repeated by subsequently dictating physicians who are obviously using other documents for information (as it should be). Blatant errors such as allergy to medications that don't even exit, blatant lab errors that are counter to some of the diagnoses. I shamefully admit to not doing a full listen when I first started voice recognition was back in the beginning, but quickly noted ...

Can't Believe Docs Sign Off On VR
Jan 14, 2012

Had to go to an old report to copy/paste meds.  Read over report to be sure I had other items correctly transcribed (doc dictating at FAST pace)... he signed off on this old report with the glaring error of "pick line" in place!!  It just worries me what else is glossed over in the name of 'time and profit'.. ):  ...

Is It Too Much To Ask For The Docs To SPEAK UP
Nov 03, 2012

How can we edit/transcribe if the volume is highest on the computer, ear phone amplifiers are on, and we STILL CANNOT HEAR!  If it comes straight typing and ASR cannot pick it up, why in heaven's earth does the doctor think I CAN HEAR. I cannot!  Are these docs being passive aggressive... Oh they don't realize?!  That is just MEAN, CRUEL.  Forget that I have to make a living wage, but think about just plain RESPECT.   This vent brought to you by me getting too ...