A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Saving files in MS Word...please help. - Coco

Posted: Jul 08, 2012

I am trying to test for a company but I need to save the files from the email that was sent to me in an MS Word folder to my desktop and i need to take the test  in word.  I have Vista on my computer.  I have the MS office directory but not sure exactly how to do this.  Does anyone know how I can save these filles this so I can take the test.  I do not think I will get a response from the email for steps on how to do this as today is Sunday.  Thank you sooo much :)

Saving Files - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Windows XP, but Vista shouldn't be that much different.

Go to your desktop and right click anywhere on the desktop. You should see an option for "New". Right click on the "New" and create a new folder. You can rename it if you like. This is where you will save the files.

Go to each of the files from your email, right click on each one and it should ask if you want to open them or save them. Do a "Save As", and specify them to be saved in the folder you just created on your desktop.

After you save them all in the folder, you should be able to go into the folder and open them one at a time in MS Word. After you type them you can also save them in that folder or somewhere else on your PC.

I hope this helps, but as I mentioned, Vista may be a little different from XP.

Good luck.

it does not work..sm - coco

[ In Reply To ..]
it only opens as windows media player file. I cannot get in to type it. This is what I was having trouble with before. When I go the emails attachment and right click there is a "save as" already listed at the bottom of the file list and that is what I done. Also there is a music note besides each file. When I save as do I need to put in a specific path or just the name of the file? Thank you.

Could they be meaning that after you listen to the media file...sm - Tired of Typing

[ In Reply To ..]
and type the report into Word, then you save that file as a Word file to send back to them?

I think I may have gotten ahead of myself...sm - coco

[ In Reply To ..]
after I save the files I click on Browse for Folder icon next to the dropdown box (it looks like a yellow folder). Browse through your computer to find the folder where you saved the wav files. Highlight the voice file and Click Load. Repeat this process for the 3 voice files.
Maybe once I do this it will work. I'll let you know. Thank you sooo much.

Similar Messages:

Need To Backup My Word Files And Autocorrect
Feb 06, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to back up word files and autocorrect. I would greatly appreciate it. Wendy ...

Bulk Line Counting Program For Word Files With Protected Fields?
Apr 19, 2011

I am a medium sized MTSO looking for a bulk line counting program that will count Word files that contain protected fields. I have WordTraverse and love it but it will not count files with protected fields. I have also looked into Sylcount with no luck. I have to begin using files with protected fields to automatically upload into client EMR. ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Changes Made To ASR Not Saving
Mar 01, 2015

Aside from erasing the ASR text and typing the entire report myself, how can I know that the system is saving my changes? I am absolutely certain that changes I made are not being saved, and thus showing up as errors on QA reports. Some of which I am absolutely 100% certain I corrected the text, but alas the corrections are not saving. So, once again, I am completely off the grid. Perhaps I should do a Control-J on enterprise to check the text? Should I do Control-S to save and then do contro ...

VR Not Saving My Edting Changes. Using Editscripts. Sm
Jan 30, 2010

I am using Editscripts. Some of the changes I make the system does accept, but some it doesn't. How do I fix that? Even when spell checking I get some kind of message that says that it has skipped some that are protected (something like that). Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Saving Autocorrect Entries
Jan 19, 2011

I sure hope there is someone out there who can help me.  I work in MS Word 2002.  I am trying to save all of my hundreds of autocorrect, autotext, etc entries onto a CD so in case something happens to my computer I would have all of these.  I have been on the internet to find out how to do this and everything I find is long and complicated.  Does anyone know a SIMPLE way to do this?  Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

ASR Not Saving Problem Found By IT
Mar 02, 2015

To those following. It turns out on windows last update, it snuck some add-on in that was possibly interfering with saving changes to my reports. When IT took that add-on off, the system started saving my changes correctly again. Because I am very certain the 'error' that I got a 3.0 CPSE for I did change but the change did not save, I am thinking of bringing this up with my TSM. They want us to update windows for security reasons, and so I do. I did not know that windows can sneak i ...

Part Time And Saving For Retirement
Dec 17, 2009

I'm thinking of going part time at my job so I can do something else on the side.  However, I won't be able to have a 401K or PTO.  I get medical and dental benefits through my husband's work, so that doesn't matter.  For any part timers out there, what do you do to save for retirement?  ...

Why Are Macros Easier Than Saving In AutoCorrect?
May 19, 2011

I need all the help I can get.  ...

Saving/printing A Copy Of AutoCorrects?
Aug 07, 2012

Does anyone know how to copy your AutoCorrects (I have Word 2010) into a list form that can be put in a document and emailed? I am clue.less. on this.  Any help appreciated! ...

ChartNet And Saving Unfinished Reports
Mar 21, 2013

I am new to ChartNet.  I am not finished with a report... and want to shut down my computer and then finish the report in the morning.  But when I try to exit ChartNet it says to delete it or finish it... what do I do.... I want to go to bed, lol.... ...

Daylight Saving Time Question...what Do You Do? TSM Not Much Help. SM
Nov 01, 2014

I am 8 pm to 4 am EST.  Since we fall back tonight, do I stay on until 4 am even though we gain an hour?  or would the 8 hours be up at 3 am  TSM just said work until 8 hours is achieved, but that doesn't tell me what time.  Thanks! ...

QA Inbox After Midnight/spellcheck Not Saving
Feb 28, 2015

Hello, Well at 12:08 a.m. on 02/28, I had 99.03%. At noon on 02/28, somehow another QA audit showed up in my inbox. The reason why I distinctly remember this report is because 1) it was one of the last reports I did on 02/26 (notice it took 2 days to get to my inbox), and I laughed hysterically at what ASR put before I changed it during spellcheck (yes I did not catch it until spellcheck). However, I changed it during spellcheck, and lo and behold it never saved. This particular spellcheck no ...

Prevent Accidentally Saving Over Template
May 10, 2015

I have tried to train my brain to use Save As to prevent saving over my templates but I still save over them all too often.  I am using Instant Text but still don't have shortcuts for a lot of my doctors in there yet.  Any advice is much appreciated. ...

Saving Shorthand File To Flash Drive
May 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to save my shorthand file to a flash drive?  Thanks. ...

Looking For "Saving Keystrokes" To Buy
Jun 12, 2012

Good condition only please!   ...

DS2 Files
Aug 12, 2010

A large doctor's office I transcribe for is now sending files in DS2 format.  I have been using Express Scribe to open the files as DSS.  Is there any way to convert DS2 to DSS?   ...

.ds2 Files
Jul 20, 2011

What do you need to be able to transcribe .ds2 files? ...

? FTP Files
Apr 13, 2012

Have read several ads using FTP files,  I am not sure I know what this means,   would anyone care to share info if you know.     Ad reads something like,  knowledge of using FTP files.    Thank you ...

Wav Files
Jan 15, 2013

I am not able to use wav files with the above program.  I can only use dig files.   When downloading a wav file, I get an error message that says codec not found or no audio.   Can some one help me with this?   ...

DCT Files
Sep 24, 2013

does anyone know how to open a DCT file!?! ...

Mac And Wav Files
Feb 16, 2015

I have been out of the MT business for a couple of years but had an opportunity to do some parttime work. I have switched to a Macbook Pro and used to use Gearplayer and an Infinity foot pedal. Anyone know of something that would be compatiable with Mac since neither of these are? Also, wondered if my shorthand would work on it... Thanks for any advice.    ...

Old Escription Files
Apr 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to bring up old patient files on Escription/EditScript using version 8?  My company just upgraded from version 6 becasue it is not being supported anymore.  There are some changes between the two versions.  They did not give any directions, just said you need to upgrade, so do this.  I would really love to be able to go back and check things sometimes such as medications and previous diagnoses to make sure I hear them correctly, particularly when the sp ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On?
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

DS2 VOICE FILES
Aug 10, 2010

Is there a way to convert a DS2 voice file to a DSS file, so I can play it in Express Scribe???? TIA ...

Client Files
Dec 01, 2010

I am saving all my client files from the last 3  months, as I have get to be paid.  What am I supposed to do with these files?  I am not getting rid of them because that is the only proof that I have that I worked for the company.  I am trying desperately to retrieve my monies due, but as of now, nothing.  I worked for 3 months and only received payment for 3 pay periods (5 weeks).  This is a crappy company and I only wish that I had believed all of the negarive pos ...

Windows 7 & .DSS Files
Feb 17, 2011

I had posted before about problems playing files with WAVpedal on my Windows 7, 64 bit computer.  Most of those problems have been resolved (thanks to my IT guy and NOT the tech guy at the software place).  However, I still can't play .DSS files.  I'm seeing elsewhere that I may need a codec or to convert these files in some way.  Can anyone out there explain to me how I'd go about doing this?   Thanks! ...

How Do You Play Mp3 Files
Jan 30, 2012

I downloaded test files and a trial version of the MS Word they want the reports typed in.  I am having problems now figuring out how to play the MP3 files.  Brain freeze, I guess.  Do I have to unzip or do "something" with them to get them to play?  Thanks so much. ...

Version Of ES For .rm Files?
Sep 10, 2012

Is someone able to help me with playing .rm or .ra files in Express Scribe? I have tried everything to download one file into Express Scribe. I did it one time, then my free trial ran out, so I had to uninstall/re-install, and now I cannot find any version that allows these type of files. I have also tried a converter, but do not want to purchase one because this is for a test. So, I'm wondering if there is a certain version of ES that does allow these files? OR, ANY other advice is gre ...