A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So glad they created yet another tool to monitor - sm

Posted: Feb 01, 2014

every single thing we do rather than fixing the question mark problem in Fluency, or the fuzzy physician search, etc.  Sigh.

Are you talking about the SMART summary tool? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh that hasn't just been developed, that's been in existence for years now. They are only just deciding to share the information with us with the SMART summary tool.

Smart summary tool - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
What is the Smart Summary tool exactly?

You should've gotten an email about it ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
But it stands for "Self-Monitored Analytics Reporting Tool" and it analyzes *everything* about your work performance .. production, quality, blanks, work practice, etc and sends it to you in a spreadsheet so you can keep track of your own personal work performance and the areas you need to improve on, if any. They are going to start sending these to us every 2 weeks, to correspond with our pay periods, based on the previous 2 weeks of work performance.
smart tool - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
Will this come by e-mail?
We got it in our work email on Friday, yes :) - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

It will be just has helpful as the mouse click report we used to get. - not

[ In Reply To ..]
Totally useless.

I could only dream that they would be giving ASR IT reports on the quality of their work! Every report, every correction and type of correction made.

Metrics will not make me go any faster.

Interesting ... another responsibility removed from the QCs - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
My QC person sends out almost all that information already about once a week. Interesting to see a big part of the QC job being sent to us directly now. I would NOT want to be a QC right now ... with the audit responsibility taken away and now the productivity and quality analysis being taken away, what's left for them to do?

yeah I dont think this will affect the MT/MMEs just the QC - East MT

[ In Reply To ..]
and maybe HSDM. Pretty soon it will all be automated.

Totally agreed - I've been thinking that for a while now too - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
My prediction is that eventually there won't be any need for any of us. My old TSM told me once that TSMs and QCs will probably be the first to go because they aren't considered "income earners", just clerical workers.

The way I predict it eventually going is that there will only be a small number of "editors", no MTs or other employees that are single-focused. I think we'll all receive our production/quality analysis automated in just this way, if you don't produce their minimum standard then you receive an automated "layoff" notice.

And I really don't think this is that far off in the future ... I think the "human" element is being eliminated and everything we do and receive from the company regarding our performance will come as a spreadsheet once or twice a week with red flag alerts for the areas we need to improve in.
The minimum wage is going up - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
If the company has to provide minumum wage, in a job that is totally dependent on what the doctors dictate and when,,we will be phased out in order to save money. Common sense. I think we have a couple of years. Talked to my son, I am going to face my fear of math next semester and just go back to college. I hate this job, I hate being stuck behind a desk. This job has served its purpose for me, kids are raised, time to move on to career number 3..
"Career number 3" - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I read in a study that the average person has at least 3 different "careers" in his/her life so that makes us average, haha. I can relate.

My QC always has gotten this for years and used - The Typing Dead

[ In Reply To ..]
to send it, but quit doing so. I don't think this is taking any work away from them. I never found it particularly usefull...I know when I've been goofing off.

I think it's their way of saying "We know it too", LOL - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

More BS From The Company Who Created It
Oct 27, 2014

This company is ridiculous. It takes the one account I loved and replaced with a ton of crappy ones. Time to apply for Foodstamps because I know my line count will drop to nothing now. ...

Imedx Created Friday 13th
Feb 11, 2015

On a lighter note, we have two Friday the 13ths, one end of this week and another next month. I am sure Anil, Sankara, and Imedx probably created that. ...

Posterior Muscular Flap Was Created Using (s/l)gastrox
Jul 23, 2013

posterior muscular flap was created using (s/l)gastrox for a below knee amputation.  Thanks for any help :) ...

Dissection Tool
Feb 09, 2010

The incision was than carried down to through the skin in subcutaneous tissues and self-retaining retractors were placed while --------- used to carry out the dissection down to the spinous processes from C2-C7.   it sounds like sharpi section--but that is not correct. Any help would be wonderful thanks! ...

HELP! I Lost My Tool Bar - Sm
Mar 18, 2010

I was doing something on the internet in Explorer and I did something that made my toolbar at the bottom go away.  Can anyone help me get it back?  Thanks in advance. ...

Surgery Tool
Jul 16, 2010

s/l Wesip grasper ...

Customizable Tool Bar
May 10, 2015

I've spent days trying out "customizable" toolbars for quick access to links for MT, such as rxlist, acronyms, FDA drugs, doctor finder, etc. None of the toolbars I have tried have allowed customized links except Yahoo which is loaded with bugs and keeps deleting itself requiring re-creation every day or so.  Has anyone found a good way to create one-click links while working other than the Bookmarks? Thanks for any ideas. ...

The Medial Pocket Was Then Created Using The _____(3:05) Maneuver ...s/l "roncel" For Knee
Feb 07, 2014

nm ...

Medial Pocket Was Created Using S/l "ronisel" Maneuver
Mar 28, 2014

nm ...

S/l Stinsky (surgical Tool?)
Sep 09, 2010

We divided the aorta between clips. We then placed a Stinski acrossthe entire renal hilum. ...

S/l Pulmonary Tool Vent
Jun 18, 2011

Doctor is performing a median sternotomy and it s/ he says Pulmonary tool vent was placed. What could this be? Thank you! ...

PScribe--What Productive Tool Is Best To Use?
Jan 21, 2011

That platform does not have a built in productive tool (expansions), and I was just wondering what everyone else uses. Thanks. ...

Not The Sharpest Tool In The Shed
Jul 03, 2012

I can't find MModal on Facebook. The only thing I see is called MModal Recruiting. Is that the only FB page they have? Somebody said something about Indians commenting on the page and I can't find it. Wah! TIA ...

Looking For A Word Search Tool
Jun 09, 2015

When I was in school our prof gave us a link to a search site where you could enter a medical prefix or suffix, a middle letter and it would bring up a list of possibilities. My computer died and I lost it. I'm hoping someone knows the name of it. It was fabulous! ...

MQ Monitor
Jun 09, 2010

I received a "new" NEC LCD17V monitor from MQ today.  In the monitor box was a base and a small black plastic piece inside a small plastic bag.  I cannot for the life of me figure out what the small black plastic piece is for.  Any ideas?  TIA. ...

All Say Just Be Glad You Have A Job. Do Ya Think That Is What
Mar 04, 2011

rt ...

Glad To Be Gone....
Jun 20, 2012

I did my last ASR for MModal last Friday and started my new job today. My heart goes out to all of you trying to keep your heads above water with Mmodal. I've never seen such a mess of a company as this one is and from the posts on here, it just keeps getting worse. With the weight of ASR, crappy pay scale, NJA, dozen of accounts, working holidays and weekends off my shoulders, my stress level is almost nil. I cleared out my work station and had enough paperwork to throw away to b ...

So Glad I'm Gone
Jan 22, 2015

So I finally get my check.  I say finally because after many emails they admitted this week they held my training pay a payperiod.    So this check should've had my training pay, a full week and another half week's worth of work. Nope!  Came in waaaaaaaaaaaay under what it was supposed to be, and of course, I can't access the time card anymore.    So glad I left that dishonest company! ...

Dictaphone - Hit Some Keys And Now My Tool Bar Has Expanded
Nov 17, 2010

I accidently hit some keys and now my tool bar has expanded and shows  what look like editing tabs?  (speech) right. (speech) etc.   But I have no idea what I hit so I don't know how to undo.  Any ideas?   I am in Word 07.   Thank you ...

S/l Grade D Tool-la-gra To Help With Compression....Any Idease?
Aug 12, 2014

FIESA Quality Evaluation Tool
Feb 25, 2015

Can any one tell me where can I get this tool from? ...

Who Has Come Back To MQ And Glad They Did.
Oct 11, 2009

I am getting my foot back in the water on a PT basis.  Have tried about 4 other companies out there and didn't find a better fit yet. I know all companies have good and bad, but all the changes MQ made that enticed me to leave are now being instituted by other companies too.  It is like MQ was the leader of the pack and they all thought --- Hummm, if they can, so can we. ...

No Monitor With Q Computer???
Oct 13, 2009

When the Q supplies the computer, don't they send a monitor?  Just got the tower, keyboard and mouse.  ...

Fetal Monitor Help
Dec 06, 2009

Fetal heart rate strip showed deep variable decelerations down to a s/l "nater" of 90 beats per minute.   Help? ...

Holter Monitor
Dec 13, 2009

Ok I am working on a results of a Holter monitor. It sounds like he is saying "no evidence of highly gravy blocks or syncope." Does anyone know what he might be saying? ...

S/l Klemmisher Monitor
Feb 10, 2010

Cardiology monitoring couplets, triplets and PVCs s/l Klemmisher monitor.  Thanks! ...

I Am Just Glad I Am Not Crazy
Jul 02, 2010

This is what I have been complaining about for a while now -- that my ASR accounts are HORRIBLE.  They are not even putting out anything that makes sense, lots of gibberish, sometimes made-up words, and is taking a huge amount of time to edit this bunk.  At least now some other accounts are doing the same thing and I know I am not nuts.  ASR is regressing.  ...

Boy Am I Glad I Quit
Aug 19, 2010

Today is my last day with MQ (formerly Spheris) and I quit just in time.  I got the new MT Rewards Plan document and I don't know if everyone is affected the same but it would mean my pay would go down another 10%.  Are these folks just plain crazy or what? Good riddance to this whole company. ...

I Left WMX, And I'm Glad...
Sep 25, 2010

So... I worked for WMX for 3 years (after MQ for 7), then I left to work for the local school system for a year and a half. I got laid off due to state budget cuts. My former manager from WMX took me back but said I had to work third shift -- maybe not permanently -- no promises. I worked my *#% off for 6 months, almost to the day. It wrecked my sleep patterns, my personal life, everything... but I needed the money and benefits, so I did it. Finally, my account went through the ISR conversi ...

Cardiology Monitor
Apr 29, 2011

The sentence is:  Periods of heart racing perhaps supraventricular tachycardia. We will schedule a week long S/L hebettin monitor???? HELP! ...