A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

InstantText help -sm - anon

Posted: Apr 10, 2014

Hi, I just got a free trial of Instant Text.  I used to use Smartype, so I have it set up close to that.  However, I have some expanders that are supposed to include my field markers, which are denoted as { } and IT is not including these.  I really need them in some of my entries.  Is there anyone here who may be able to help me with this?  

Thanks.

Try this help board: - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
http://textware.com/board/itmainforum/index.html

It might be too late now, but Marianne is wonderful at answering questions quickly. I had an IT question late on a Sunday night and she answered within 10 minutes.

Similar Messages:

EditScript And InstantText
Jun 13, 2010

We're starting EditScript soon and we were told our current expander InstantText is not compatible.  I have read the archives and apparently others are using them together.  Anyone using them both now?  Anything I should know.  ...

CHALLENGE: InstantText Vs. Shorthand
Aug 26, 2011

I am a very spoiled MT, having worked with Dictaphone's ESP expander for years (which I love!).   However, in the next week I will need to purchase a shortcut program/phrase expander to use with Microsoft Word. Please explain the differences between features of Shorthand 10 and Instant Text.  Can you copy and paste text (entries) into each one?  Can you import entries from other programs?   What about copying, deleting, etc. -- can you do all that from the mai ...

Does Anyone Know Whether Or Not The EMDAT Platform Is Compatible With InstantText? Nm
May 26, 2010

nm ...

Productivity Tips For M*Modal? Using InstantText
Jul 09, 2011

I'm familiar with ExText and was quite fast.  I'm now working for a company with an M*Modal based speech editor.  It seems that to move the cursor, you have to take your hands off the home keys and move them to the Ctrl and arrow keys, and then back to the home keys to type/correct. This makes no sense to me; is this correct?  With ExTExt, for example, Alt U and Y moves the cursor and it had "magic' period, hyphen, comma keys, etc.   I've programmed shortc ...

Does InstantText Work W/Accentus Apex?
Jun 21, 2012

Can't find it on the IT forums and Tech Support is not open yet. Have interview today, so would appreciate the info. Thanks. ...

Link InstantText To Scribe Platform
Nov 19, 2013

Can anyone tell me how they linked InstantText when using the Scribe platform?  I've never had trouble linking IT before, but Scribe doesn't even come up as an option to link to.  Thanks. ...

InstantText, Smartype, Or Shorthand - Which One Is Most Like Word Autocorrect? Sm
Oct 29, 2009

Which one is most MT friendly to use?  TIA. ...