A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How to import an abbreviations list into MS Word's AutoCorrect - Fasty

Posted: Jun 25, 2014

HELP!  I have searched high and low looking for the instructions on how to take an abbreviations list and import it into MS Word's AutoCorrect.  There is hardly no info online about this.  I guess it can be done, but it takes some doing.

Could someone be kind enough to delineate all the steps in doing this, or at least point out a website that explains how to do this?  I can put the abbrev file into any form - excel, CSV, you name it.  It's just importing it into AutoCorrect that's a witch with a B :)

THANKS

Fasty.

Google "import auto correct list into Word - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
here is just one I found - there are multiple entries. Good luck.

http://www.msofficeforums.com/word/17505-transferring-autocorrect-entries-2010-2013-a.html

Similar Messages:

Is There A 'dangerous Abbreviations' List?
Feb 06, 2013

List Of Medical Abbreviations
May 20, 2014

My computer crashed and I lost all of my auto correct terms :(. Does anyone know of a good list of medical abbreviations?  Thanks, LadyDianaMT ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

List Of "Do Not Use" Dangerous Abbreviations
Jul 12, 2011

I've searched the JCAHO website.  I used to have a copy but can't find it.  Would someone please be kind enough to point me to the link for the JCAHO list of dangerous abbreviations? ...

Autocorrect In Word 7
Nov 14, 2010

Anyone use word 7 and know if there is an autocorrect feature with this version. I used this feature in other word versions but cannot find where it is at in this version or if it exists. I liked it much better than macros. ...

Word Autocorrect
May 24, 2013

I have been blessed with being able to work for smaller companies for the last 9 years.I just started with a new company and the platform doesn't support Word so I can't use my autocorrect, which I have been building shortcuts in all this time. We have tried pcshorthand/speedtype and are having issues with the expansion. I so miss typing in Word. Is not supporting Word the trend of the future? Should I just accept it, or look for something that I can still use Word in? ...

AUTOCORRECT/WORD 2007
Jan 18, 2010

I recently started working at home using Word 2007.  I have put all of my shortcuts into the autocorrect feature and this has worked out wonderful for me and I am not looking to change that.  I do, however, need to find out how to BACK UP/SAVE that file!!!  I don't know what I will do if I lose all of this information! I have thought of trying Carbonite Backup, but I'm sure there is a cheaper way! TX ALL! ...

Autocorrect/word Expander
Dec 08, 2010

Hi, I have recently updated my Office Word from 2003 to 2007. I knew where my autocorrect/word expander was in the old one, but the new version llooks a bit different. I am trying to locate where this is in my menu bar, does anyone know where I would find it? Thanks! ...

MediTech/Word Autocorrect
Apr 24, 2011

Does anyone know if you can use the Word autocorrect expanders with the platform Meditech? ...

I'm Using Word's AutoCorrect...(along With EditScript)...
Dec 04, 2014

Do I lose all of my AutoCorrect entries and have to start from scratch?  ...

I Use Word's AutoCorrect Only As My Expander...
Jun 26, 2015

think it would be worth it to purchase something like Instant Text.    But I'm worried that if Word crashes, my computer crashes, I change jobs, etc that I will lose my entire expander file.  Can anyone tell me if it is possible to back up these files to move to a new computer when necessary or do you have to redo the entire thing (ugh).  I have one of those little flash drives -- but not sure how to get the files onto the thing.  Thanks so much!  ...

AutoCorrect MS Word 2002 To 2010
Aug 04, 2010

Hi all, Has anyone found a way to transfer their autocorrect from MS Word 2002 or 2003 up to the new 2010?  I pray for answers.... TIF. ...

Instant Text And Word Autocorrect??
Jul 13, 2011

I was just offered a job and the company uses Instant Text as their expander. I have over 1900 entries in Word's autocorrect in the MSO1033.acl file. This has probably been asked and answered a thousand times over, but can't seem to locate the results: Can I take my Word autocorrect and import the entries into Instant Text without have to copy and paste them in individually? I know many of the MTs do use Instant Text. If you can, could you tell me how difficult it is, if it is? Thanks ...

Autocorrect Feature In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

I used Word 2003 autocorrect feature (Ctrl+E) to add entries into the autocorrect. It doesn't work with Word 2007.  Does anyone know if there is another function key for this in 2007?  I'm talking enter "wnl" and it expands to "within normal limits", all done while in the document and not having to go into the tools and options menu.  ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Question
Nov 20, 2011

I have been working in DQS and I need to take my DQS expansion list and import it into Autocorrect in Word 2007.  So far I have put my expansion list into the Word 2007 program itself as a document, but I can't figure out how to get my expansion list into Autocorrect and I don't want to have to type each one in one by one, as it is a very long list.  Does anybody know how this can be done?  Thanks. ...

Need To Backup My Word Files And Autocorrect
Feb 06, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to back up word files and autocorrect. I would greatly appreciate it. Wendy ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Backup
Feb 19, 2012

I do this every couple of months, but every time I have to really think about it  So can anyone tell me where the written instructions are on backing up my Autocorrect entries? ...

Nuance/Word 10/SH10 Vs Autocorrect
Apr 01, 2012

Hi. Just hired at Nuance. They want us to use Autocorrect. I want to use SH10 as it is easier and much more versatile. Nuance says as long as it works with Word, then fine. SH10 suggests disabling Autocorrect. Any advice, comments, or suggestions? Thanks. ...

Where Is Autocorrect Located In Word 2007?
Apr 23, 2013

Where is autocorrect located in word 2007? ...

Importing Autocorrect In Microsoft Word
May 07, 2014

I'm starting a new job using escription and I was wondering if I need to create a file of autocorrect commands that I can import into escription or if they'll automatically be there when I log in.    Thanks! ...

InstantText, Smartype, Or Shorthand - Which One Is Most Like Word Autocorrect? Sm
Oct 29, 2009

Which one is most MT friendly to use?  TIA. ...

Transferring Word/WordPerfect Autocorrect To PC Shorthand
Nov 18, 2009

Hi everyone, I use both Word and WordPerfect.  I have autocorrect entries in both Word and WordPerfect that I would like to transfer over to PC Shorthand.  Since I'm new to PC shorthand, I've been reading it over.   I know with PC Shorthand we can use the SHCNV.EXE to convert autocorrect. My problem is that I am at a loss as to what the Word and WordPerfect auto correct entires are labeled or where they are stored in my computer. I did a search and for Word Perfe ...

Converting Word Autocorrect Into Instant Text
Nov 07, 2011

Could someone tell me if there is a way to convert your autocorrects from word into instant text so that I can use them in emdat?  Thank you!!! ...

Copying Word 2003 Autocorrect...but Didn't Take Addresses?
Feb 28, 2011

So, I did the whole process of copying Word 2003 autocorrect with the support.doc macro, and it worked wonderfully.  Only thing, it didn't copy any of the doc addresses I had on the original computer.  Took everything else though.  Any ideas? ...

Word Autocorrect File Imported To Instant Text V BUT!!!
Jul 23, 2011

I followed the instructions of a poster below for importing my .acl autocorrect to Instant Text V via the importer. It seemed to go. The question I have now is when I open Instant Text on the bottom right I see glossaries, the first glossary is for the transcription department of the company I will be working for. Then the second position shows my MSO1033.acl. When I highlight that, all my entries are there. But when I close the program and then open again, the MSO file is not there, and I have ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - AutoCorrect/AutoText Feature Really Gone?
May 03, 2012

Working in an office on Microsoft Word 2007.  Is the AutoCorrect/AutoText feature really gone?  I saw the Quick Parts thing, but that is very slow in our business.  Also is there any way to put in jump markers to get around in the report quicker?  I see why no transcription service uses Microsoft.  Sure isn't good for what we do.  Thanks.  ...

Converting PC Shorthand Entries To Word 2003 Autocorrect
Jun 10, 2012

I want to convert all my shorthand entries to word 2003 as the in-house company I am working for does not allow any outside software to be running on their machines.  Anyone know if this can be done and if so how to proceed with same? ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Issue - Entries Disappears
Sep 14, 2013

I'm asking this for a friend. Her computer crashed a couple weeks ago, so she got a new computer with Windows 7. She is still using Word 2007. She has entered new autocorrect entries as she works and most of them are retained. However, when she enters an autocorrect entry for a standard template she has, like a SOAP note, the entry will be gone the next day when she comes back to work. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated? For those of you that are going to ...

Is There A Way To Transfer Autocorrect For Word 2003 To Another Computer Using Word 2003?
Dec 08, 2010

?? ...