A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do you disable the red rectangle voice cursor - when doing voice recognition, Escription. NM

Posted: Feb 20, 2015

See link inside - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

Not sure if this still works, but I used to accidentally do this a lot.  Can also ask Administrator/QA to turn off permanently via Emon, though some might not allow or want you do to that.

Alt + L, Ctrl +Z

Thanks, finally got a report that did that, but - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
those suggestions didn't work. Support team asked that I send a screen shot of that red square, but I haven't done that yet.

It's kind of strange that Support wouldn't just know what you're talking about. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

But if you've got their ear about it, that's good; maybe you can get them to turn it off for you permanently in the Emon settings.  See link below, page 45 (it's a .pdf download).  I also added a screen shot. 

http://goo.gl/UwwTxq

All they have to do is uncheck the "Show Red Rectangle" box for you under Transcription settings in your Emon Profile.

Similar Messages:

Voice Cursor/red Rectangle In EditScript MT
May 25, 2012

Hi everyone: Is there a way to turn off the voice cursor/red rectangle in EditScript MT - OTHER than the administrator doing it in eMon? I am A.D.D, and it is driving me OUT OF MY MIND! I'm guessing if you don't have A.D.D., then that little red rectangle won't bother you or at least you'll get used to it, but for me (and I'm guessing others like me), I don't see it getting any better. I already have so many distractions in my brain, and I really need that stupid re ...

ChartNet's ExpandText Disable?
Oct 26, 2009

New to ChartNet. It's built-in expander is conflicting with my own expander. I think I saw a place to disable the one in ChartNet, but I cannot find it now. Can someone tell me where to disable it? Thank you ...

Anybody Figured Out How To Disable AUTOSAVE?
Sep 29, 2010

I still swear that is what is bogging down my computer.  Every time my computer "freezes" for a few seconds, I see that Autosave message in the left lower corner of the screen.  Then it will catch back up and type better for a little bit.  I Googled how to turn it off or reset the Autosave to less frequently, but didn't really get a good answer.  ...

How To Disable F1 Key In MS Word 2007???
Apr 07, 2011

Does anyone have an idiot-proof (read: computer illiterate) way to disable the F1 key in Microsoft Word 2007?  I use F2 to jump to different spots in the report and always end up hitting F1 instead, which brings up the Microsoft help box.  So annoying!!  Any help with this one is greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance! ...

Autocorrect--How Do I Disable Expander For
Mar 13, 2013

The only time I really need to do this is when I'm typing allergies.  Account specs are to cap whole drug word, but when the shortcut for the drug expands, it expands to lowercase. Is there a key to hit to disable for just one word?  Esc worked in IT, but not for Autocorrect. thanks :-) ...

How To Disable Cookies On Vista Windows
Jul 15, 2010

can you tell me where to find the place in my computer to disable cookies?  a tech did it for me today on my desktop and i want to do it on my laptop but don't remember where to find it.  i've been floundering around here 30 min and now can't find it...thanks. ...

Instant Text 7 Pro: Anyone Know How To Disable An Unwanted Glossary?
Apr 30, 2013

I only want to use the glossary of terms that I've established on IT (and works really well for me), but I'm unable to disable the Medstart glossary that came with IT. Even though they're separate glossaries and my glossary is the highlighted one for use, Medstart is over-riding mine. Example: For capital B, it types out "blood." Please, please, MAKE IT STOP! Can anyone save my sanity? ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

Fusion With S/l "leukey" Rectangle
Nov 06, 2011

fusion with s/o "leukey" rectangle ...

HELP With VR Cursor
Jan 30, 2010

Does anyone out there know how to get the voice cursor to move to the word cursor on EditScript.  Mine appears to be stuck at the very beginning of the document I am working on (not in the top header, but in the body).  My ALT keys won't move it, and I can't get it to move in the editing toolbar either. I'd like to know how to dislodge it from the beginning of the body.  Any suggestions would be VERY helpufl!!  Thanks! ...

How To Keep Cursor Where I Put It?
Dec 03, 2011

Help, I forget what to do to keep the cursor where I put it.  It is now going to wherever the dictation is and the doctor said to go back to admitting diagnosis and put something in but the cursor keeps going back to end of page where the dictation is.  I forget what maneuver/keys to click to keep the cursor where I put it.  Thank you. ...

Cursor Question
Jan 27, 2010

Does anyone know if there's a way when you used your control+arrow (lt/rt) key to skip over a word, if there's some way I can arrange it so the cursor ends up at the end at the word instead of at the beginning of the next word?  I find more often it would help if the cursor landed at the end of the word I'm skipping rather than the beginning of the next word.  Too much backspacing throughout the day. Ha, and I'm sure some of you thought I meant to put "c ...

Erratic Cursor
Dec 04, 2010

I am working off a laptop - Dell Inspiron 1520.  It is almost 3 years old now.  For the first 2 years, I did not have this problem but, all of a sudden, I developed this erratic cursor problem.  My hand placement has not changed - and, yes, hands tend to float over the touchpad while typing - that's unavoidable - but, again, did not present a problem for the first 2 years.  Why all of a sudden now?  I will be typing and suddenly the cursor is off in No-Man's-La ...

Cursor Size In DQS 7.0
Jul 24, 2012

Anybody know how to change my cursor size while working in DQS 7.0?  It's just a thin little line and I used to have it like a highlighted box which was easier to see.  Thanks. ...

More Than Fed Up With No Highlight For The Cursor
May 18, 2014

If we can put a man on the moon can we not get the highlighter back for the cursor location?  I'm wasting so much time trying to find where I am when I'm researching a drug or something that takes me away from the text.  This is a real handicap and costing me dearly! ...

Slow Cursor...
Oct 02, 2014

Does anyone else have this problem? I can type a few words or a lengthy sentence, but the cursor is super slow and lags behind. Not only that, but the audio will just keep going until the cursor finishes "typing" what I did and will not respond to the foot pedal. Sometimes it can take quite awhile for the cursor to catch up. ...

Got A New MQ PC Today. Cursor Question
Oct 07, 2010

While reviewing a report, I use my right arrow key to follow along and it is moving very slowly and seems to stop at every single letter even with keeping my finger on the arrow button.  Does anyone know how to make the cursor just move and not stop at every letter.  I know you can hit Control plus arrow key to make it go faster, but that speeds it up super fast.  It is a blessing for a new PC as I had a virus, but it is also a curse because you have to set everything up to the ...

Attach/detach Cursor?
Jul 15, 2012

I am about to start on DQS7.  I'm not sure I like that detach/attach cursor thing.  Is anyone using it and how do you like it? ...

7.1 Cursor Size- Can We Change It?
Oct 10, 2012

Does anybody know how to change the size of the cursor from the skinny little line in 7.1? Thanks! ...

Is There A Way To Enlarge The Cursor In Word?
Nov 24, 2014

Or at least get rid of that annoying red box? (I never use alt-k). My eyes keeping following the red box instead of the cursor.  I figure it I can enlarge the cursor it will be easier to find fast.  ...

Moving Cursor In EXtext
Jan 22, 2015

Hello,  I work for a local cardiology group and we use Nuance with Dragon (EXtext). I was wondering if there is a way to have the cursor move along automatically while I have the foot pedal down so I do not have to take my right hand off the keyboard to move the cursor with the right arrow button. If there is a way that would allow me to cut down on a lot of errors I am making by having to keep moving my right hand from the arrow back to the keyboard.  Thanks   ...

Using The Attached Cursor, Does Anyone Actually Get It To Stop In The Right Place?
Mar 10, 2013

. ...

ExEditor - Slowness, Cursor Dragging, Freezing
Dec 11, 2009

Anyone working on this and having problems with it?  I have been having problems with slowness, cursor dragging, freezing.  It is worse with longer reports, but is sporadic and I really can't find a definite pattern.  Anyone else? ...

Cursor "freezes"
Dec 19, 2010

Lately my cursor just freezes up - in the middle of my work, when writing e-mails, etc. All I can do is reboot - Have taken my mouse apart, cleaned it, but that does not seem to help. Any ideas? Thank you ...

Voice
Dec 14, 2009

I do not believe I have ever seen this problem, but I do not read all the time.  On VR reports it seems my foot pedal gets stuck or some such thing.  I tap it all over the place.  The voice will not move.  It eventually does, but it seems to be getting worse.  I called a few weeks ago and they have never heard of it and I even talked to a tech who did a scan on my computer ( which took 20 precious minutes).  I need some idea what is the problem when I talk to them a ...

Voice Rec
Mar 09, 2012

How hard is it and how long does it take to make at least the same amount of money or equal what you're making (at least) while training on voice rec?  In other words I'm terrified of having to start on voice rec and at 3 or 4 cpl it seems I will be making half of what I already am trying to survive on.  any feedback? ...

Voice Clarity
Nov 07, 2009

I'm about to throw my compuer out the window!!!  I've had such poor voice quality today's dictations.  To make matters worse, they all seem to be on hyperspeed and eatting lunch.  I'm having to listen over and over just to get the ADT screen filled out.  Can't make out the doctor's name half the time and when I finally get out of ADT, the report itself is taking like 3-4 times longer than it should because of the sound quality.  I& ...

VR (voice Recognition) Pay
Feb 22, 2010

I just saw an ad on line for 03 for VR for IC.  Isn't that low?  I've never done VR so I am curious.   Thank you. ...

DS2 VOICE FILES
Aug 10, 2010

Is there a way to convert a DS2 voice file to a DSS file, so I can play it in Express Scribe???? TIA ...

Voice Recognition Pay
Jun 02, 2011

I'm infuriated that the quota to keep benefits is the same as it was before voice recognition.   I'm KILLING myself to try to keep up to maintain health insurance and just can't do it.  With 96% plus voice recognition reports and half pay from straight typing, I'm losing health care benefits.  SO UNFAIR!!! ...