A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is there a way to enlarge the cursor in Word? - PandaBear

Posted: Nov 24, 2014

Or at least get rid of that annoying red box? (I never use alt-k).

My eyes keeping following the red box instead of the cursor.  I figure it I can enlarge the cursor it will be easier to find fast. 

Cursor - AnonQC

[ In Reply To ..]
You should be able to change it (at least the width) in Control Panel. You'll find the settings either in Display or (in my case) Accessibility Options.

That works in my other computer but not my work computer - so weird...

[ In Reply To ..]
In control panel I can find no way to change the width of the cursor. Oh well. Thanks!

getting rid of red box - NTSQC

[ In Reply To ..]
You can ask your TSM to deactivate the Alt-K. There is no way for you to do it on your way. I find it distracts me as well and have had it deactivated. I am faster without it.

Similar Messages:

Is There Any Way To Enlarge That @#!%@ ADT Screen?
Jun 23, 2012

Please help before I go completely bilnd - I got special "computer glasses" and even that didn't help much.  Thanks. ...

HELP With VR Cursor
Jan 30, 2010

Does anyone out there know how to get the voice cursor to move to the word cursor on EditScript.  Mine appears to be stuck at the very beginning of the document I am working on (not in the top header, but in the body).  My ALT keys won't move it, and I can't get it to move in the editing toolbar either. I'd like to know how to dislodge it from the beginning of the body.  Any suggestions would be VERY helpufl!!  Thanks! ...

How To Keep Cursor Where I Put It?
Dec 03, 2011

Help, I forget what to do to keep the cursor where I put it.  It is now going to wherever the dictation is and the doctor said to go back to admitting diagnosis and put something in but the cursor keeps going back to end of page where the dictation is.  I forget what maneuver/keys to click to keep the cursor where I put it.  Thank you. ...

Cursor Question
Jan 27, 2010

Does anyone know if there's a way when you used your control+arrow (lt/rt) key to skip over a word, if there's some way I can arrange it so the cursor ends up at the end at the word instead of at the beginning of the next word?  I find more often it would help if the cursor landed at the end of the word I'm skipping rather than the beginning of the next word.  Too much backspacing throughout the day. Ha, and I'm sure some of you thought I meant to put "c ...

Erratic Cursor
Dec 04, 2010

I am working off a laptop - Dell Inspiron 1520.  It is almost 3 years old now.  For the first 2 years, I did not have this problem but, all of a sudden, I developed this erratic cursor problem.  My hand placement has not changed - and, yes, hands tend to float over the touchpad while typing - that's unavoidable - but, again, did not present a problem for the first 2 years.  Why all of a sudden now?  I will be typing and suddenly the cursor is off in No-Man's-La ...

Cursor Size In DQS 7.0
Jul 24, 2012

Anybody know how to change my cursor size while working in DQS 7.0?  It's just a thin little line and I used to have it like a highlighted box which was easier to see.  Thanks. ...

More Than Fed Up With No Highlight For The Cursor
May 18, 2014

If we can put a man on the moon can we not get the highlighter back for the cursor location?  I'm wasting so much time trying to find where I am when I'm researching a drug or something that takes me away from the text.  This is a real handicap and costing me dearly! ...

Slow Cursor...
Oct 02, 2014

Does anyone else have this problem? I can type a few words or a lengthy sentence, but the cursor is super slow and lags behind. Not only that, but the audio will just keep going until the cursor finishes "typing" what I did and will not respond to the foot pedal. Sometimes it can take quite awhile for the cursor to catch up. ...

Got A New MQ PC Today. Cursor Question
Oct 07, 2010

While reviewing a report, I use my right arrow key to follow along and it is moving very slowly and seems to stop at every single letter even with keeping my finger on the arrow button.  Does anyone know how to make the cursor just move and not stop at every letter.  I know you can hit Control plus arrow key to make it go faster, but that speeds it up super fast.  It is a blessing for a new PC as I had a virus, but it is also a curse because you have to set everything up to the ...

Attach/detach Cursor?
Jul 15, 2012

I am about to start on DQS7.  I'm not sure I like that detach/attach cursor thing.  Is anyone using it and how do you like it? ...

7.1 Cursor Size- Can We Change It?
Oct 10, 2012

Does anybody know how to change the size of the cursor from the skinny little line in 7.1? Thanks! ...

Moving Cursor In EXtext
Jan 22, 2015

Hello,  I work for a local cardiology group and we use Nuance with Dragon (EXtext). I was wondering if there is a way to have the cursor move along automatically while I have the foot pedal down so I do not have to take my right hand off the keyboard to move the cursor with the right arrow button. If there is a way that would allow me to cut down on a lot of errors I am making by having to keep moving my right hand from the arrow back to the keyboard.  Thanks   ...

Voice Cursor/red Rectangle In EditScript MT
May 25, 2012

Hi everyone: Is there a way to turn off the voice cursor/red rectangle in EditScript MT - OTHER than the administrator doing it in eMon? I am A.D.D, and it is driving me OUT OF MY MIND! I'm guessing if you don't have A.D.D., then that little red rectangle won't bother you or at least you'll get used to it, but for me (and I'm guessing others like me), I don't see it getting any better. I already have so many distractions in my brain, and I really need that stupid re ...

Using The Attached Cursor, Does Anyone Actually Get It To Stop In The Right Place?
Mar 10, 2013

. ...

How Do You Disable The Red Rectangle Voice Cursor
Feb 20, 2015

. ...

ExEditor - Slowness, Cursor Dragging, Freezing
Dec 11, 2009

Anyone working on this and having problems with it?  I have been having problems with slowness, cursor dragging, freezing.  It is worse with longer reports, but is sporadic and I really can't find a definite pattern.  Anyone else? ...

Cursor "freezes"
Dec 19, 2010

Lately my cursor just freezes up - in the middle of my work, when writing e-mails, etc. All I can do is reboot - Have taken my mouse apart, cleaned it, but that does not seem to help. Any ideas? Thank you ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Help Please!!!Changing Comma To Period, Capping Next Word....in Word
Nov 07, 2014

Is there a way in AutoCorrect (Word 2010) to change a comma to a period and then cap the next word to make VR go a little faster?  The platform at my old company did this automatically, but MS Word does not : ( This is so frustrating having to change from a comma to a period (or vice versa)--which as you all know happens constantly...and then change the next word to be capitalized (or uncapped)....my wrists are killing me, not to mention it takes so much TIME..... There HAS to be a better ...

Help, Please! Changing Comma To Period And Capping Next Word In MS Word....
Nov 08, 2014

Is it possible to do this in MS Word 2010?  I'm using AutoCorrect and there isn't a way to do it that I know of.  What do all of you doing VR do for the CONSTANT having to change a comma to a period and cap the next word easily?  Any suggestions would be SOOOOO very appreciated.  ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

Longest Medical Word, Or Any Word Apparently
Jun 04, 2010

Just thought it was interesting.     pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:   pneu⋅mo⋅no⋅ul⋅tra⋅mi⋅cro⋅scop⋅ic⋅sil⋅i⋅co⋅ vol⋅ca⋅no⋅co⋅ni⋅o⋅sis   // //  /ˈnumÉ™noʊˌÊŒltrəËŒmaɪkrəËŒskÉ’pɪkˈsɪlɪËŒkoÊŠvÉ’lËŒkeɪnoʊËŒkoÊŠniˈoÊŠsɪs, ˈnyu-/ Show Spelled Pronu ...

Fox Transcribe, Can Copy And Paste From Word To Word Pad?
Jun 25, 2012

Can anyone who works with Fox Transcribe tell me if you can copy and paste from word to word pad? Since word pad does not have spell check OR auto correct, I wondered about that. Thank you!  ...

Using Word Separate But Similtaneously With Word Client 8
Aug 01, 2012

I have just started working in Dictaphone Word Client.  I have Word 2003.  When I open the Word Client it takes my own Word "hostage" and I cannot use it for other things.  Is there a way to separate the two, so that I can still use my Word when I need to while still working in Word Client? ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

Not Sure If This Is A Word Or A Slang Word A Doctor Is Using
Dec 15, 2009

I am doing a diction of and Gasto Operative report on a patient who is having a End colostmy and Hartmann pouch resection! The doctor keeps dictating the work "parin"  Example:   Take down colostomy with segmental sigmoid resection and low pelvic EA stabled rectosigmoid anastomosis parin 31 mm end parin.   I have referenced this in many ways and still come up with nothing... Does anyone have  a clue what this is or what it means Thank you ...