A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

work for an company that has ties with India? - christopherskitty

Posted: Nov 09, 2009

I have a job offer from a company based in Connecticut, USA.  Upon doing some research, on their website, I noticed they are hiring Java architects in thir Hyderabad, India, office............  I have worked in this business for over 10 years and have never ever thought offshoring was right.  I do not and will not accept a job offer from a company that does that.  What I need to know is:  Is this company offshoring its work?  The account I was offered was local to me and it was traditional transcription work not Voice Recognition or Speech to Text.....  advice?  Im confused. 

What company? - MT17

[ In Reply To ..]
What is the name of the company? It is more than possible that they off-shore....

iMedX - christopherskitty

[ In Reply To ..]
the company is iMedX

You wanted to know..... - MT17

[ In Reply To ..]
IMedX Information Services Pvt. Ltd.

posted: Jan 17, 2008 10:24:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Designation Senior Proofreader Experience 0 - 5 years
Industry Type CRM / IT Enabled Services / BPO / Medical Transcription Functional Area ITES / BPO / KPO / Customer Service / Operations
Keyword American, Proof reader, English, Call center Location Hyderabad / Secunderabad
Remuneration Top salaries - better than call centers. Excellent benefits. US travel possible. Education UG - Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG - Any PG Course - Any Specialization

Job Description
Do you think your English is superior? Are your writing skills at a level where an American reader will not detect an 'offshore' slant? Can you correct such 'offshore' errors and grammar? Would you like to be paid more than call centers, with better working hours? If so, please read further.

iMedX Inc. is a US company that consolidates medical transcriptions from vendors across India in our SuperQA hub in Hyderabad. We have thousands of customers in the US that use our revolutionary TurboScribe(r) technology. The transcriptions are corrected for medical terminology as well as language. Your role will be to focus on ensuring that Americanisms and grammar are correct. You will not have to work the night shift, so you can get home in time for a late dinner!

For a select few, you may be eligible for rotation in the US.
Desired Profile
Top-notch English skills for proof reading. Must demonstrate familiarity with 'Americanisms'. Must have a degree in a discipline that uses English as a base (e.g., Journalism, English Literature,etc.) Attention to detail. Good work ethic. Written English is far more important than spoken English.

APPLICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED WITH A COVER LETTER
Reference
TopNotchPR
Contact Information
Name Sowjanya Nalli Telephone 91-040-27762229

Address IMedX Information Services Pvt Ltd
#1-11-249-1/1, 3rd floor
Pooja Talluri Complex
Begumpet
Hyderabad - AP ,INDIA 500016
Email bpo-jobs@imedx.com

* I want to be contacted by means other than email
* No other company or person should contact me for marketing of any product or service.

BPO - MT17

[ In Reply To ..]
This job description kind of "lets the cat out of the bag." The BPO kind of also gives them away..... Hope this helps in your decision.
That info sealed the deal. - christopherskitty
[ In Reply To ..]
I wont be accepting this position. Thank you for the info you posted. I did some digging, but didn't get to the info you posted. I appreciate it. Why are these people posting ads on this website on the JOB OPENINGS BOARD??????? Okay, so the transcription I would have been doing was based on the US side.... but working for them allows them to make a profit which in turn allows them to further strengthen their hold in India to where they will eventually take all of the US JOBS. This burns me up.
You hit the nail - MT17
[ In Reply To ..]
right on the head. Sorry I actually had to post that for you. I also worked for a company that was a BPO..... Never again! I was laid-off at the end of September due to my job going "over seas." Just kind of kicking back right now, looking at different options and helping out other MTs. Good luck in your search.
Americans.......... - christopherskitty
[ In Reply To ..]
my thought is that if i took the position, I would help get the account, secure the account and then once it was up and running, I would be laid off and then the job would be taken over by some MT in India and I would be out of a job. I dont understand why people dont dig before they accept a position..... I SO APPRECIATE YOU SHARING THAT INFORMATION WITH ME.
YW - MT17
[ In Reply To ..]
You are MORE than welcome. Good-luck finding the position that is just right for you. It is an employers market out there and we are paying a hefty price. Do keep us in the loop when you find what you are looking for.
Which is exactly what happened to me - wimt
[ In Reply To ..]
Had an account to myself for years working with the company Imedx bought out. This was standard transcription for a local account. After a bit, the account went on their "new system" and the work was all done offshore, and I became the editor. After a couple of months of that, they decided they didn't need it edited anymore and I was done without any notice.
wimt - MT17
[ In Reply To ..]
Doesn't that just blow! Sorry this has happened to you too. I was with this company for almost 20 years.....talk about a "bend over and thank you very much." Now I am off to bigger and better things.....sorry about their luck.
The real kicker.. - MT17
[ In Reply To ..]
is that actually had the audacity to ask us U.S. MTs to donate money for the Philippine MTs for all the problems associated with the tropical storms over there.....then laid us off...OMG the audacity....like it was not bad enough that they got our jobs....need I go on?
Get the word out about dangers of offshoring- sm - mte
[ In Reply To ..]
Go to the offshore concerns board and read about the British TV sting that netted a bunch of criminals inside the transcription industry in India. We need to notify the hospitals that either know their records are being compromised or the ones who need to investigate whether they are.

I work for a different company, who assures us - ALL their editors are US-based, but

[ In Reply To ..]
from the bizarre "corrections" I've been getting back from some of them, I absolutely KNOW that editing is being offshored, as well. I just hope they remove my initials from any report those twits have "corrected" and messed up, because I'd be embarrassed to have someone think it was mine. It's gotten so bad, I don't even open my emails from QA anymore, because I don't need my entire day ruined.

since you're opposed to offshoring - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
Then I supposed that also means that you won't purchase anything from any company that hires people from overseas and who are working in this country on a temporary Visa? I mean, after all, isn't hiring someone with a Green Card denying a job to a US-born citizen?

And ... you do know that most of what you purchase was probably made overseas.

I'm definitely NOT confused.

Im not confused either - christopherskitty

[ In Reply To ..]
I come from a military family, we believe in supporting AMERICA and AMERICANS as much as we possibly can and know that on occasion, we might have to make a purchase that involves an item being made in another country etc. However, we are SENSITIVE to the plight of the AMERICAN WORKER. We buy local and wont even go to walmart. I believe walmart is helping sell this country OUT! I didnt take the job with the offshore company and I dont care, I can sleep at night with the choices I make on a daily basis and that is all it really comes down to when its all said and done. Get up every day, give your best, be conscious of the choices you make and the impact those choices may have and try to raise responsible morally sound children. thats my deal. Here's hoping that a lot of other people are trying to do the same.

more confused - USAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, but just starting reading this thread and now I am confused with your post. Trying not to offend, but are you stating that you are okay with US jobs being off-shored? Maybe I am reading it wrong and correct me if I am.

ABSOLUTELY NOT, 100% AGAINST OFFSHORING! - christopherskitty

[ In Reply To ..]
I am absolutley 100% AGAINST offshoring of jobs! I dont know how my post was unclear, but let me be perfectly clear, I would be an idiot to be in favor of that ESPECIALLY when Im an MT.
Offshoring - woofer
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with you on this matter..just the thought of sensitive medical information leaving this country should be more than enough for this to have NEVER been allowed to happen. It is my feeling that the only time ANY politician would be truly concerned about offshoring medical transcription is if they or one of the members of their family has a record transcribed and they either get blackmailed or if medical information regarding they or their loved ones are leaked to the press. I have been a medical transcriptionist since 1980 and have always taken pride in a job that I was trained to perform, sometimes above and beyond what is expected. Can you imagine the collective years of experience we on this board have as medical transcriptionists? It boggles the mind when you think about it, and I want all of you to know that I am proud to be a part of a specialized group of people who work under difficult circumstances more often than not; whose experience CANNOT be bought for all there may be in this world to have. We have been forced to work for practically pennies and it is more than unfair - it is downright UN-AMERICAN. It will always be my belief that medical information for our citizens should be kept in this country and not be parceled out to ANY country who not only nine times out of ten do not have the transcription skills necessary to produce a professional and concise medical document but more than that - assuring our American citizens that their medical information would be protected under American law such as HIPAA and the like. I apologize for getting on my soapbox but this is one particular issue that really chaps my hide; and if our citizens really knew HOW much of their medical information has and will continue to go overseas - they should raise all the H3ll they could to their congressmen, senators, media and anyone else who would seriously be a voice for us transcriptionists and the constituents of the aforementioned senators and congressmen who rely on the votes of these same people...

That post was meant - USAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was asking the other post, Snow Bunny, if she was for off-shoring.....because I just really did not understand what her post was all about?? What does a green card, Visa, or buying stuff at Walmart have to do with what was being discussed? Sorry if you thought that was meant for you.....I agree with YOU the whole way....I do NOT believe in off-shoring either.
almost sounds like - christopherskitty
[ In Reply To ..]
almost sounds like Snow Bunny is FOR offshoring, etc. Im sure I misunderstood her post though. I cant imagine an MT around that would post that she was ACTUALLY FOR offshoring...
and you are right, i did think your post was for me, sorry if i came off strong about the whole thing, i just REALLY BELIEVE in Americans and LOVE OUR COUNTRY!
almost sounds like - USAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
No problem. I felt bad thinking I offended. I really tried to word that so it did not come off as sarcastic. I wonder if she/he knows how bad that reads? Well, I do not and will not work for a BPO company, so you have my support the whole way! GO USA!!!!
I'm neither for it or against it - Snow Bunny
[ In Reply To ..]
It's a fact of life and I accept it.

My "bone of contention" is with anyone who has a double standard in this regard, which I won't keep repeating. But, in summary,
1. Do you have an American-made car?
2. Is everything you wear "made in America?"
3. If 75% of what is sold in the supermarkets was made in a foreign nation, would you refuse to eat it? (and that means everything ... fruits, vegetables, baked goods, and so forth).

Clear as mud?
at least the sales taxes for the foreign items bought go the US..nm - tax
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
then what you're saying is... - Snow Bunny
[ In Reply To ..]
You will never buy anything made in a foreign nation, nor will you purchase food items, such as rice, which are imported into this country from another nation (which puts money into their pocket).

No, I'm not saying I'm okay with offshoring - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
What I *am* saying is that if you're going to opposed outsourcing, it has to be across the board. You can't be against only for MT. First, you can't buy if the label indicates it came from another country. You also can't purchase from any country that hires Green Card workers (they might well be sending a lot of their money back home to their family overseas, who uses it to purchase products made in their own country).

IOW, you are FOR outsourcing or AGAINST outsourcing. You can't say, "Oh, I'm against it's taking money out of my wallet but I'm not against it when I'm purchasing something made in another country (like that big-screen TV).

Hope I explained things better.
Reply to Snow Bunny - USAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
For the record, I always try my best to by American, but there are just some things that us "common folk" do not have control over. We do not have control over where any and all of our food comes from. However, I do not seek out foreign made products intentionally. As for my clothing, I try to buy all American if I can. Seems like there is not a lot of clothing made in the USA anymore...and no I do not like that. I own 4 vehicles......ALL GM/Chevy. My TV? It is a Zenith....also made in the USA. As for the green card holders.....I don't like that either, but then again, no control by us "common folk." I have control over who I will work for, and it will not be a company that off shores. My decision. My choice. I am also empathetic for the above posters who lost "the money out of their wallets" due to off-shoring. So in summary, if I were President, there would be no off-shoring across the board.
what you are stating here about green card holder - d.n.m.a.a.
[ In Reply To ..]
is 'amazing,' for not using a stronger word!

A green card holder, living in the US, has the SAME RIGHTS as a US citizen and is protected by the Constitution.

He is free to send his earned money overseas to his family, after having paid taxes. Most green card holders bring their families right into the US with them, the immediate family members are # 1 category relatives and there is no waiting time for spouses and children!

Only restriction: A green card holder is not allowed is not to vote and hold a federal job.

If I buy foreign made products here in the US, the sales taxes that I pay go to the US government.

for snow bunny: offshoring..... - off

[ In Reply To ..]
This is something completely different.
You are comparing apples to oranges:

A green card holder WORKS AND LIVES here in the US and pays taxes to the government, and, after fulfilling all the requirements, will become a US citizen.

A green card holder has the same rights as a US citizen, except: He is not allowed to vote and hold a federal job.

Offshoring means employing people who live and work abroad and pay taxes to their government overseas. Big difference!

If they have an OFFICE in India, then how - could they NOT be offshoring work?

[ In Reply To ..]
After all, there are plenty of skilled Java architects in the U.S.

"If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck."

right, they have an office here and an office there.....sm - offshore

[ In Reply To ..]
and bounce the MTing back and forth, straight, VR, and QA, MMR, editing, etc... as they please....

That's how my company does it: Main office is in India, - the one in the US is just a front with skeleton st

[ In Reply To ..]
That way they can lie to clients and tell them that all their work is being done in the US, when in reality less and less of it is done here every day. When will the whistle finally get blown on these cheaters?
Alot of companies do this and not just in transcription. - FlaMT
[ In Reply To ..]
It's become a fact of business that you set up shop somewhere that has low business taxes and then set up satellite offices in other countries to win the natives' trust.

I worked for Sutherland Global for a very short time, who were contracted by AT&T for cust svc reps. Everyone thinks AT&T is as American as apple pie (thanks to the Ma Bell aqcuisition)but little do they know that just about every department is actually outsourced to other companies that offshore.

Neilsen Media, was bought by a European company about 3 yrs ago and since has consistently cut jobs and outsourced work. My mother saw the ENTIRE call center let go then Indians flown in to train, then sent back to India to work. Not too long after, her department was abolished and offshored too.

Similar Messages:

Who Is The Company That Outsourced To India
Dec 16, 2012

RSS    Text Size Print  Share This Home / news / local / $140 Million Verdict in Baldwin County (File) By: WKRG Staff | WKRG Published: December 14, 2012 Updated: December 14, 2012 - 1:54 PM »  Comments | Post a Comment BALDWIN COUNTY, Alabama -- On December 13, 2012, a Baldwin County, Alabama, jury returned a 140 million wrongful death verdict. The lawsuit stated Thomas Hospital outsourced its medical transcription service to I ...

You Work For A Company Based In India
Mar 22, 2015

Need I say more???? ...

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

ESL And India
Dec 02, 2009

Not trying to be ignorant of things, but I read A LOT of reference to ESL dictators and work going to India.  What are ESL dictators exactly?  I am asking because I've worked for this company only for a short time, but I don't have any dictators that are ESL (I am assuming English second language speakers correct)? other than what is normal for my region AND I also have not lost any work to India.  I am concerned though as it seems to be a trend.  I rarely run ...

India?
Aug 16, 2010

Concerning Global Info Systems. Someone said they outsource or are owned by Indians. Well, they say they just got a contract with US government (Department of Defense). A 5-year contract. Will they outsource that? OUR SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE MEETS DOD STANDARDS Out of only four businesses in the entire nation Global Info Systems won a contract with the government (Department of Defense) to work with their facilities in transcription. To qualify Global Info Systems had to pass all st ...

India??
Sep 24, 2010

Why are these Indians taking over our jobs?  Why are companies being bought out? Who is getting the money when these companies are bought?  The government is cracking down on illegal Mexicans being in US - so why are they not cracking down on Indians.  Are Indians legal here?  ...

Pay For MTs In India
Sep 22, 2011

Was just curious really about how much MTs in India make.  No wonder so much work is going over there.  They can make around 5000 rupees a month, which is about $125 in U.S. dollar a month, plus line count bonuses.  It makes me so angry that MQ is playing a part of the downfall of our economy by offshoring, instead of trying to help our country out by keeping work here.  Wonder how much the unemployment rate would drop if every MTSO in this country stopped offshorin ...

India QA
Jan 15, 2013

India is doing our QA now!!???  I don't think so.  Just argued one already where she "thought" he/she heard something different and then marked me for a MAJOR deduction.  Arghghghghgh!!!! ...

9 P.m. And It All Goes To India
Feb 19, 2013

My employer won't admit it but all of this month the work on my account will go from 50-75 reports well within TAT to suddenly nothing and this happens between 9-9:15 p.m.  Typically that volume of report would last me and the others on the account until 11 p.m. or midnight.  Ironically I note that 9 p.m. in the US is equal to 9 a.m. in India.  Why don't they just admit they're giving work to India and stealing it from us, leaving those of us scheduled to work until ...

MME From India
May 22, 2013

For the last two nights I have been editing almost all reports from MTs in India.  The reports go through 2 MMEs in India and then come to me.  It is amazing since they are supposed to be so "good" at what they do, that just about all of the reports come through with errors in them that were not picked up by MMEs in India. Just a thought.  ...

MTE From India
Jun 18, 2013

I wonder how much editing the MTEs from India are actually doing.  In the report was typed Cranberry Whistle as a medication when it was actually cranberry, Vistaril 25 p.o. q.4-6 h. p.r.n. in a medication list.  Since the MTs from India are supposed to be much smarter than US MTs and this report went through 2 levels of editing in India, wonder how much they actually look at the report or do Google searches.  Never heard of Cranberry Whistle as a medicatin.  Brother.  G ...

And What's To Say It CANNOT All Be Sent To India?
Mar 14, 2015

If the economy ever gets better, most of us will leave for jobs that pay better. Once they don't have enough of us, they'll simply send the work to India rather than pay us more. They will continue to insist on paying low wages. I think they saw an opening when the economy tanked with too many people, including us, looking for a job -- ANY job and took advantage of the economy by transforming this job into a minimum-wage job. Then they could tell the hospitals how cheap they could ...

India And The Phillipines.
Dec 02, 2009

I forgot to ask this question in my last post: Assuming that most of us are getting 8-10 cpl, what are the Indian and Phillipino MTs getting?  Half?  Less than half?  Also, assuming that the need for MTs will continue somewhat - how long do you all think it will be before all the remaining MTSOs will outsource to India and the Phillipines - for nothing else, but to reduce their MT overhead?? Now I'm really depressed, and I have to start work. Thanks everyone.   ...

Offshoring To India
May 27, 2010

What is the attraction about India, that so much of the transcription is being sent there? It seems to me that someone for whom English is a second language would not do very well in transcribing reports from the U.S. I would expect that a lot of those reports would have be heavily eited or completely re-done. So why offshore it in the first place? Am I missing some information here? It can't be all about salary, because from the postings here, it doesn't seem like transcriptionists i ...

India Should Not Be Blamed
Jun 13, 2010

As compared to the total medical transcription work of US, the portion of MT work outsourced for India is very less it seems.  Some are blaming offshoring of MT work to India as a cause of cheaper pay rates for US MTs.  But the fact is different.  Now a days MT companies in US are switching to voice recognition method of their MT work which requires only editors and proofers and not MTs.  Hence MTs are eliminated from the scenario.  The voice recognition software is doin ...

Outsourcing To India
Jun 15, 2010

On numerous occasions over the past year I was told by my CCM that the reason they are outsourcing to India is because there is a shortage of qualified MTs because the average age of an MT is 55 and they are starting to retired.  Like the infamous ***** and is ridiculous claim about 650 lph on ASR, that MTs have an IQ of about 6.    ***** Do not name/identify individuals.  Moderator ***** ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...

Holidays In India
Aug 03, 2010

Here's a link to holidays in India.  My opinion?  Don't work on these days.  It's the closest thing you can get to a strike.  Could be interesting.  http://www.travelindia-guide.com/holiday_calendar.aspx   ...

MQ Sending More To India
Nov 20, 2010

My husband is in the stock market and has been checking up and reading things about MedQuist.   MedQuist is now in a transition of sending more to India than ever before.  According to the CEO and COO, they are looking to increase their volume of 15% of MQ total work to 45% in the next 6 months.  The purchase of Spheris was a smokescreen.  The contract with Spheris was that they could come in and set up shop with their own people and move the MQ folks out.  Which is ...

Got To Love India....
Mar 04, 2011

I didn't know atleast was a word.  I love the 100% HIPPA complaint processes.  You've got to love it!!!  See site for more errors.  Medical Billing and Coding Services Outsource2india has over 7 years of experience in providing efficient medical billing services to Physician Practices, Hospitals, and Medical Billing companies. We understand the importance of accurately and quickly processing your claims so that it will help you to maximize your revenue and im ...

If All The MT Work Is In India, Then How Do I
Sep 09, 2011

I have been waiting for hours, no work today, nothing.  This is per usual anymore.  My last several accounts went overseas, it would not have hurt the MTSO I work for to have kept me on any of the accounts anyway and they won't give me a secondary so that when the work does come in they can keep a tight TAT.   I've been looking for other opportunities, but just can't seem to find anything.  I don't have a car so have no transportation to even try find ...

What Is The Name Of Our Owner From India?
Sep 13, 2011

n/m ...

India E-mails
Mar 27, 2012

In reviewing an e-mail to the worldwide team yesterday, they were asked why they were not responding to stat requests. They responded it would be taken care of, and signed off, "Cheers, and let us chill." REALLY????? ...

MT Group India
Jun 19, 2012

Has anyone ever heard of MT Group India ?  I was contacted by them and I was wondering if this was a legit company. ...

NTS India Website
Jul 16, 2012

I checked out the NTS India website and was very interested about the pay they quote for an independent contractor. The values are in paise, which convert to 100 in a rupee. A rupee is 0.02 US dollars. For transcribing 30,000 to infinity lines on the day shift one would be paid 200 paise or 2 rupees, which would be 0.04 cents per line US. For speech 30,000 to infinity lines one would be paid 100 paise or 1 rupee, which would be 0.02 cents per line. These are the rates for >=99%, which I am as ...

Move To India
Oct 14, 2012

CNBC India report on MT industry. ...

Okay, Now Support Is In India Too!!! They Can't Help You Either. SM
Nov 06, 2012

I called support, and now it says you can be transferred to an International.  Well, guess what I got..... I was on hold several times, because he had to look up my "file."  In the end he was not able to help me.  Told me to call my TSM.  Then I looked at the confirmation email they send out with the summary fo the "incident" and the grammar is horrific. What happens if you work night shift, you know you will get International, because their afternoon is our night.  Tha ...

M-Modal India?
Dec 05, 2012

I was reading through "Why work for M*Modal India."   Did anyone read about their medical insurance coverage for employees?  ...