A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is anyone else annoyed at all the phone calls from schools? - Just Wondering

Posted: Mar 11, 2010

You can't get some of the schools to stop calling you even after you tell them you've enrolled with another school and graduated, and have a job.  Is anyone else offended by the high-pressure tactics? 

If a school has to keep calling and offering discounts and specials, that's a red flag, or is it just me?  I got my training years ago and I still can't get them to go away.  You expect that from those cheesy sales people trying to sell you whatever, but this is getting ridiculous.

Is this a MT school that is doing this? - Typin_away

[ In Reply To ..]
I had previously looking into going to school for ultrasound technology (Sanford Brown) and they still call me frequently. After I found out their program was 33,000 dollars which is about 6 times the cost of the same program at a community college, I was no longer interested.

Oh my gosh! That is too much. - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
I get contacted by community colleges that I've never called or considered. Then I get unsolicited e-mail on a weekly basis from a couple of what I assume are MT schools having specials. I don't know how they got my name because I never contacted them and I'm definitely not interested. That kind of pressure is ridiculous.

because often tel# and email addr are getting passed along, even sold... - tel #

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think you can avoid this by NOT disclosing - no tel #

[ In Reply To ..]
to everybody your tel #. Isn't your email address enough, for the time being?

and dont use your "real" email - NotIt

[ In Reply To ..]
Create a "miscellaneous" email for things like sending out inquiries or resumes, creating accounts to access forums or message boards (like this one), etc. An account that you don't have to bother with unless you are expecting something particular to go there. Then who cares if it gets traded or sold or what gets sent there. Check it once a week, twice a month, whenever, clean it out... a convenient temporary type repository. You can always give your "real" email to a company once you have established with them.

Get yourself an air horn, or any other loud noise maker, and when you get an unwanted call, as soon as you realize it is that kind of call... blast 'em.

Or hey, you could even try... just hanging up!

Just Wondering - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
They sound pretty cheesy, but it is very simple to get them to go away. Tell them to put you on their DO NOT CALL list right away and to not call you again or you will turn them in to the Attorney General for your state. Then do it.

Great advice Nick - Typin_away

[ In Reply To ..]
Also sign up for the do not call list here https://www.donotcall.gov/ so your information is less likely to get sold.

How hard is it to to say NO and then - Just Hang Up?

[ In Reply To ..]
You don't need to tell them anything or explain anything or try to get them to "get it." Don't even wait for them to respond.

"Not interested." Click.

Eventually they will go away.

I wonder how many salespeople they hire to harrass people - I do not like sales calls

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a system. If I get an unsolicited call, I don't do business with the company who called me. An e-mail is okay. I'll even take a regular letter, once, but phone calls are an intrusion into my life and is unacceptable.

Similar Messages:

TWO PHONE CALLS
May 23, 2015

To your state's unemployment office if you were ever OOW AND your local labor dept. (How many times did you check email or FIESA on "production" time (unpaid)?  Wage theft times years?  ...

Imaginary Phone Calls.
Mar 04, 2010

Two phone calls that will never happen: RING-RING! MT: "Hello?" SUPERVISOR: "You @#$% lazy good-for-nothing. This report has two blanks in it! Why didn't you look them up?" MT: "Kwitcherbitchin, fool! You got exactly what you paid for!" RING-RING! MTSO: "Hello?" CLIENT: "You @#$% lazy good-for-nothings! This report has two blanks in it! Why didn't you look them up? MTSO: "Kwitcherbitchin, fool! You got exactly what you paid for!" ...

Command Health - So Many Phone Calls
Jun 16, 2014

So many phone calls, very pushy, rushed me to complete paperwork and software training, said my account would be VR, great bonuses, potential for 5.5 cpl, blah, blah, blah.  They called right before the day I would officially start to inform me that the account for which I was hired miraculously had no work left...an account I was told was swamped during phone interview.  They offered me a new account and everything discussed in our phone interviews (both with supervisor and HR) was completel ...

M*Modal - Strange, Unwanted Phone Calls
Jun 15, 2012

Has anyone else been getting strange recorded phone calls from M*Modal telling you to test for them? I keep ignoring them and yet they keep calling. I haven't tested for them in years and wouldn't work for them if they were the last MTSO left on earth. And the woman's voice who does the recording sounds like she is a robot or something from outer space, LOL! ...

Didn't He Say "nothing Would Change" In Our Acquisition Phone Calls
Oct 28, 2014

We would work the same he said.  Lies all lies.  One of my exclusives uploads throughout the day, the others all at once at the end of the day or their last patient.  How I am suppose to cover this in 4 hours from time of dictation and only work part time?  Did anyone record the transition to Nuance calls?  I'd love to play them back now.  **insert nasty language here** ...

HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN SO ANNOYED
Jun 29, 2012

Have you ever gotten so annoyed that you just went and took a nap, ran errands, cleaned house, etc. while still clocked in? ...

Really Annoyed Right Now....
Oct 04, 2013

The TSM called me and asked me to help out on an account that was way behind in TAT.  I agreed to give it a try for at least a couple hours to sort of break it in.  Well - I was not only greeted with people dictating that I'm not even sure were speaking English for every report I tried, then QC1 had the nerve to send me major quality alerts for the handful of reports I did.  Meanwhile I lost a lot of money and self esteem helping them out.  Never again will I do that. &n ...

Curious, Are You Annoyed Or Energized By
Sep 22, 2010

the games that some employers put out there to increase our production?  Not only does it annoy me, but it seems to demean the importance of our work to put it in a game format.  But maybe that is just me.  ...

Does C-phone Work With Cable Phone Line
May 11, 2015

I am thinking about switching my current phone line and going with a bundle deal for our second house.  Does Dictaphone C-phone work through a cable phone line?  I still have the copper wiring at my primary home because I was afraid to switch it so didn't include the phone service in our cable package there.  Thanks!    ...

Annoyed...but Not A Big Deal, Just A Conversation Starter
Nov 17, 2010

Anybody else get annoyed at docs who put every job they dictate in as a priority?  I mean, everything they dictate, from a 2-month-old death summary to a 3-week-old T&A.   I really hate the ones that are so old that the billing numbers have been erased from system.  I'm guessing they were threatened with their license being pulled to get their work caught up.  That's more important than H&Ps that need to be transferred with a dying patient right??  ...

Super Annoyed With Email From Supervisor
Sep 01, 2012

Is anyone else even just a little angered with the email from the CCM about the weekly statistics? The part that really steams my broccoli is "This is no different than if you were to get a quarterly review or yearly review with your pros and cons listed and where improvements need to be made." Well.... when the CCM and QA lead get quarterly reviews, dont they get RAISES? That is how the rest of the world works! RAISES. My teen son works at Taco Bell and he just got his 6 month review on hi ...

Annoyed. You Would Think With Spending A Good Deal Of Money On A Program That....
Nov 29, 2012

I thought that was the purpose in having a discussion board on the school site?! ...

Am I Being A Jerk, Or Is Anyone Else Annoyed The MM Coding Stuff Was Moved To This Board?
Mar 22, 2014

I've already been through school with Andrews and am getting ready to start the transition ICD-10 course, and I honestly don't mean to be a jerk about M modal.  I do feel badly for the MTs there, but I don't see why all the MM coding talk couldn't have just stayed with the MM side of the board.  Anyone else feel the same? ...

C-phone With Digital Phone Line
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone know if the C-phone will work with a digital phone line ? (I think it's also called a VOiP line).  I'm moving to a new place that has a digital line & don't know if I should have a regular phone line installed instead. Thanks for any help. ...

No Further Calls?
Mar 19, 2015

Just heard from my TSM there will be no further calls regarding this latest _____???? I am going to send this to QA so I can lock my 7 cents a line rate in since I had to leave a blank. This is getting so very old. ...

AT&T Phone That Is NOT A Smart Phone?
Aug 07, 2011

Daughter needs a need phone.  Don't want to have to buy a data plan.  What is NOT a Smart Phone these days, but has a full keyboard for texting?  Thanks. ...

MxSecure Calls
Dec 14, 2010

Has anybody received their phone call about what their new schedule will be?   ...

Robo Calls
Apr 08, 2011

I used to work for Spheris/Medquist over a year ago. I received an automated call today from Medquist to reapply again. They claim they have a lot of work and need the help. I guess they have not figured out yet that MT's are leaving the field in droves. ...

MD2MD Calls??
Oct 08, 2013

Anybody get callback from MD2MD; and if so, had they already called your references? Anybody have any info on them; theyr'e out of California? ...

Conference Calls
Nov 19, 2014

Have you ever transcribed conference calls, and if so, how does it compare with medical trancription in terms of income, time consumption, etc.?  Any information would be helpful.  Thank you in advance.  ...

MDI-AAMC Conference Calls
Oct 15, 2009

Anybody here from MDI who have attended the weekly conference calls about AAMC.  I am a night owl and they always have the calls early morning.  ...

Does Anyone Here Remember The Conference Calls
Oct 26, 2010

Does anyone remember the conference calls we had when transitioning to Transcend from MDI-MD regarding our line rates?  I can remember quite a few people being upset that after being told our rates would not change, many had their line rates cut.  And I specifically remember them saying that once our account went to VR, we would be getting 50% of our transcription rate.  Does anyone else remember this as well? Either I'm losing my memory or someone is playing games because o ...

Getting Calls From Medquist At All Hours
Nov 09, 2010

This is to all the people that get ticked off when MQ calls them to work.  I WOULD KILL FOR A CALL TO WORK AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT.  I have always said I am available 24/7, but with the "new and not improved" MQ there is really no one to tell that to, no one who truly cares -- about the client or the employee.  How wonderful it would be to feel needed again.  With so many of us vying over so few reports, the only feeling I get from them is "just quit, just quit, ...

Customer Service Calls
Dec 20, 2010

I got this email from my friend.  I didn't know you could do this and have read a lot about customer service calls here so though it was interesting to post.    I want to ask each of you to consider doing  the following when you are talking on the phone to any US customer  service representative that is based in a foreign country (like  India ).  I have done this twice and it works!  Any time  you call an 800 number (for a credit ca ...

Tired Of Waiting For Calls That Never Come.
May 27, 2012

I am so burned out and so tired of trying to get jobs here.  So many of these recruiters do not call when they say they will and a few just never called.  No explanations, no apology, like "Oh well they are only MTs, a dime a dozen and who cares if we do not call and fail to give them the courtesy you would any other worker."   I am just worn out and sick of trying, sick of doing all the testing and then having an interview where nothing ever happens.  I must admit Nuanc ...

Recent Calls From Clients, Etc.
Jul 26, 2012

This post is in regard to posts I have seen lately on this board regarding dictators. They actually do care or must feel they need to address situations that I bring to their attention. A call regarding flags from the physician himself. He is realizing how much time I am spending locating certain info not dictated. He tells me officially that the facility is to handle that now so as not to take up my time. A call from a dictator today, stating as he made so many errors and redictations on the ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Calls From MTSOs You Applied With Years Ago?
May 18, 2012

The first call I received was week before last from Future Net.  He said he got my name off of this board.  I posted my resume YEARS ago.  I swear, I could not understand half of what that man said.  He was worse than any ESL I have transcribed.  I did get that he was asking me if I was interested in a job.  When I asked him what it was for, he did not know!!  I told him I could not answer that question unless he could give me specifics.  He said he would ...

Don't They Realize These Calls Do Not Increase Moral But Rather
Oct 15, 2012

It's no secret that on the charts and pies, there is the "elite" mgt team where all the money is funneled and then the lowly worker bees, aka MLS who allow that mgt team to enjoy the life they've become so accustomed to.  Why bother to have such a call to just rub it in everyone's face?  ...

Birthday And Now Doctor Calls In ALL His Work...
Jan 09, 2013

So I have been slower than usual this week, and he picks my birthday to bury me in a week's worth of work (along with my other accounts he knows)..... urgh. I see this physician as a patient, and they know.... gosh...darn. Where was he anytime last week or this week but today.... now canceled plans to eat dinner at the computer. ...

Just A Vent. Finally Having A Great Day And Then The Supervisor Calls
Nov 07, 2009

and asks me to help out an account I despise.  The odd thing is the account I was pulled to has less than 10 jobs available and the one I was pulled from has closer to 150.  Now how strange is that!!!!!!!! ...