A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

make your line count a little bit better?  - 10hour days

Posted: Aug 10, 2011

anybody actually work longer than you sign in for in order to make your line count a little bit (very little bit ) better? 

you get busted for that - and your fired

[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, I would not risk that. EVER.

yeah? - 10hours

[ In Reply To ..]
guess I'll quit before that happens!

I got busted for that at a hospital I worked for... - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
I could not achieve my line count most times because I worked in an office setting for a hospital with other people all in one big room. Some people were on the phone a lot which was distracting to me, and some talked amongst themselves a lot, hence, I worked extra and did not put that down. I was eventually terminated because of it... something to do with the labor laws. I was being paid by the hour for that job by the way.

The bottom line is: They all want U.S. MTs out, and - will do anything to achieve that goal.

[ In Reply To ..]
Lower our pay
Give us impossible to meet line count minimums
Siphon our pay with software/line count changes they dont tell us about
Harrass us continually
Write us up for nitpicky, made-up "incidents"
Give their QA carte blanche to be as obnoxious, unprofessional, and uneducated in punctuation and grammar as they can possibly be
Know that we're going to have to work extra to achieve their unachievable linecount goals, and then bust us for it

Somebody seriously oughta bust THEM.

How about EVERY DAY? It's called "survival". - Bust me, & I"ll bust em right back

[ In Reply To ..]
by siccing the Labor Board on their sorry behinds.

what on earth can you call the Labor Board on for? - hope u get busted

[ In Reply To ..]
Explain what the Labor Board is going to do to the Q?

I do hope they fire you for that so I get some more work.

Hours worked, not paid, that's what. And your - "more work for me" attitude reeks.

[ In Reply To ..]
x
so you work without being punched in and then - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
you go to the labor board and report them for not paying you for the hours worked?

You are a real piece of work.
Every report has a start/finish time stamp. Subpoena - their computer records, and the info is there.
[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, the same info is likely on our PCs as well. That info can be extracted and used as evidence in a court of law.
So if you were a waitress - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and went to work off your schedule without clocking in, took tables meant for the other waitresses and took the tips that would have been theirs, and then go to the Labor Board and say your restaurant didn't pay you for hours you worked when you weren't even scheduled and the employers didn't want you to work, you expect them to listen to you? I would expect them to laugh in your face and then your boss would fire you. Reality.
On-site waitress vs at-home internet MT? That's - comparing apples to oranges. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
You completely missed the point. - a job is a job.
[ In Reply To ..]
on-site versus home work has no difference but the location in this day and age. Nevertheless, you still missed my point.
But you're obviously not getting the Big Picture. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Stealing from fellow employees or - demanding pay when
[ In Reply To ..]
they didn't want you to work in the first place?

I really don't care how sleazy MQ is and if they deserve it or not, they do. We are better and smarter than that, or should be.
Putting oneself on a pedastal doesn't pay the bills. - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow. So, you go to the labor board to complain - MQMT
[ In Reply To ..]
that MQ is not paying you overtime for hours you worked that you were not suppose to work and did not even clock in/out for...in other words violating MQ schedule/time clock policies AND labor law). How is that the fault of MQ? Maybe it is you who should be fined for violating the labor laws. I wish I could be there to hear the labor board laughing at you! Probably make their day. Let us know how this works out for you.

I think I have now heard it all. You cannot be that dense.
Sure am. Along with pointing out their transcription - program that cheats us on lines, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and is physically impossible to produce the ever-increasing line count mininums they impose on us.

By the way, why are you so pro-MQ? If you think they're so honest and wonderful that we should all be able to make our lines in an 8-hour period, and be able to live on the paltry income that produces, then I think you walk on the Suit Side, and not in an MT's shoes.
not the poster you are replying to - but maybe can speak for them
[ In Reply To ..]
I am certainly not pro-MQ. I'm just pro-logically thinking. I've compared my lines counts on other programs. They are fine. We never said we agreed with the paltry wage or increasing line count minimum. This is about taking work from other employees and essentially lying about the amount of lph you can produce and subsequently raising up your benefit rate. If you can't make the lines, leave, work at Mickey-Ds, simple as that. There are others who can and would be more than willing to have the lines rather than NJA. Any worker who sees an NJA screen can put a lot of the blame on those working more than scheduled.

I don't want to hear whining about poor audio, poor accounts, poor dictators; I have done them all and have been fine and there are others who can do them just fine. If you can't take it, request a transfer. If they won't transfer, then threaten to quit. If they don't care, then go find a better job as they will make this one miserable for you anyway.

I'm so surprised to see so many dishonest people on this board. Why stoop to MQ's level?
Mgmt. - pffft
[ In Reply To ..]

If you work outside the time you clock in and out, - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
DQS time does not match time clock, and that changes your benefit rate, which is based on the number of hours on time sheet against what is actually worked in DQS and lines produced. The company can get into a lot of trouble from labor board letting people work more than what they are clocked in for, so it is considered a no-no, and believe me they check. I know one person who was fired for doing exactly what you are after being warned. MQ got into a lot of trouble and fined for people working overtime without being paid for it and that is why they use a time clock now to monitor this.

In talking with my CCM, she says she gets calls all the time from the group who monitors this stuff if someone's timeclock does not match DQS time and she has to address it with a warning, performance management, then termination if not corrected. This was in a conversation with me about my timecard being messed up because I had messed up requesting PTO and it looked like I had not worked my hours for that day or something like that and she got a call from this group and had to call me to verify if there was an error or what. Another time, she messed up putting in my schedule and they called her to verify, so I know they are checking at least in my group.

You may get by with it for a while, but sooner or later they will catch up with you. My friend said they told her it was like "stealing" from the company working outside of time clock hours, whatever that means.

I am not agreeing with the company, merely stating what was told to me about working outside of time clock. Go for it if you feel you have to, I don't care, but beware.

It's called "time fraud." - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe that's why so many of us get NJA. You're taking work away from the rest of us who are trying to make a living honestly. Do you cherry pick your jobs too?

We wouldnt need to do it if we got paid better. - Or had more realistic min. line count quotas.

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Oh pul-eese. Give the martyr complex a rest. - I know for I fact I dont take your jobs.

[ In Reply To ..]

I am assuming you meant this for the OP - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
If not, where in my post does it say I work outside my regular shift? I was telling OP that this practice is not acceptable and taken seriously by the company as it seems they do not know or care about the rules. "Time fraud" sounds about right to me. I agree that it takes work away from the rest of us who work honestly, but I was trying to be nice.

Also, I am not in the OP's shoes and never get NJA, so don't know how I would react to that if it was a regular occurance and I had trouble feeding my family, but would probably find another job before getting fired for "time fraud."

What they do to us EVERY SINGLE DAY is called - "employment fraud". n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It's just another way of forcing American MTs to quit. - They know we cant survive on just 8-hr pay.

[ In Reply To ..]
X

If you cant survive on 8 hours of work - why not offer to work OT

[ In Reply To ..]
and still do it on the clock? If that is not possible, why not find a different job? I cannot imagine anyone wanting to get fired! What are you going to put on your resume?

This is the whole reason we all have to punch a time clock in the first place.
Cant work OT the company isn't offering. BTW, - been looking for new job for 2 years.
[ In Reply To ..]
Not another crap-job like this one, mind you, but a better one. Which is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Takes time. LOTS of time.

How can it be stealing when we aren't paid by the hour? - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
They are just getting 10 hours work instead of 8; cheap as they are, you'd think they'd be looking the other way.

It is stealing. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The jobs that are transcribed beyond the 8 hours, are jobs being taken away from others who follow the rules.
No it's not. What they're doing to US is "stealing". - There ARE no "rules" in this industry.
[ In Reply To ..]
That should be very apparent when you look at how these bloodsuckers keep changing the "rules" on us, so that they get richer, and we get poorer.
Still stealing! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, they're stealing from us, but we shouldn't be stealing from each other, which is what working off the clock is.
No, it's NOT. We're working, we're producing the - thing that they sell, and make a profit - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
off of, and every few months, another way is found to tweek the system so that we get paid less for the same amount of work, often without knowing it unless we do a lot of investigative number-crunching. All we're trying to do is transcribe enough lines, at an ever-shrinking amount of pay, to be able to pay for food, gas and housing, the cost of which keeps increasing. THEY are stealing. All we're doing is trying to live within their crooked system.

yeah, then they look at your lph and expect me to do the same in less time - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
They know perfectly well how many LPH we're doing. - They also know perfectly well that - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
with the bad-quality accounts, sound and dictators, we will rarely live up to their minimum requirement. They BANK ON the fact that we will work a few more hours, unpaid, under the radar, to make our lines and thus keep the ever-shrinking healthcare "benefits" they keep dangling in front of us, and threatening us we'll lose if we don't keep up their minimum line requirement.

So they know full well what's going on. They look the other way as long as they feel they need us. Then, as soon as any individual they no longer need or want is placed on the "cut-list", THEN they decide to point out that we're working outside our assigned hours, and can terminate us at will.

Of course, it's a catch-22, because if we work WITHIN the allotted time frame, and go too low on our lines, they can terminate us for that, too.

The chintzy crap MTSOs pay their MTs has made all MTs desperate for money, any old way they can get it. Every penny counts. So is it any wonder we're working 16-hour days, and clocking in 8? It's all about trying to keep ourselves afloat.
bs - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Not b.s., just the truth. Just because mangement - doesnt like to hear it, doesnt make it false.
[ In Reply To ..]
MTs who do that are screwing the MTs that dont - it is BS
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
If you feel you aren't getting your share, maybe YOU - should work longer hours, too.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Not to mention - your benefit rate will go up

[ In Reply To ..]
You're average line count per hour would be higher if you worked for 10 and clocked in for 8 rather than working for 8 and clocking for 8. Therefore, you're benefit rate will be higher per hour. Yes, you are stealing from the company. Also, working over 40 hours a week without overtime is illegal and MQ can get fined for that if they don't correct the problem. If you're part time, then you're just screwing up the schedule and thinning out the work for everyone in your BOB.
Maybe how some folks get the 2000+ lines - per day?
[ In Reply To ..]
I know I can't do it in 8.
hours10 - hours
[ In Reply To ..]
The individual is not even making minimum wage. MQ is kicking in make-up pay so the FTE makes minimum. It is in order to make MINIMUM line count, not EXTRA MONEY. OMG working 50 hours doesn't mean its 50 hours x minimum wage either, its 40!
If you work your scheduled hours - and are not making your lines
[ In Reply To ..]
figure out how to be more efficient or find a new profession. No offense. I'm not going to become a carpenter just because I can cut a board.

If its NJA, then you clock out and work with your CCM to make it up or take PTO. NJA does not affect your line count per hour unless you keep yourself clocked in during that time and you're not supposed to do that anyway. Working off the clock makes you look like you can do more lines per hour than you actually can and raises your benefit rate.
No offense, but: Try typing my crap doctors for a - week, and see how productive you are. NOT.
[ In Reply To ..]
That "learn to be more efficient" phrase is such a tired old management cliche.
I do. I type ILP progress notes in the South - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
anyone on these accounts will know what hospitals I'm talking about.
And you honestly think you're being paid fairly to - type all that garbage-dictation?
[ In Reply To ..]
And that you're ever going to get anywhere on what you're producing in your allotted 8 hours?

And what are you going to do NEXT time your per-line pay is lowered? It's only a matter of time, you know. If the quality of your accounts stays as-is, or gets even worse, and the same is true for the software, how will you crank even more speed, and lines per hour, into that 8 hours?

Eventually, something will have to give.
Never said I was - I have a choice
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not worried. When that time comes, I move on. I find another job. I may be the only one making money in my family and it may be hard at first, but I would rather work in fast food than be miserable with the pay that you are predicting.
What's happening to us in MT can happen to anyone in - any job. Moving on rarely a viable option anymore.
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh please. We arent stealing from them. THEY - are stealing from US! Get it?
[ In Reply To ..]
What part of "they are squeezing us til we bleed" do you not understand?
And what about all those NJA hours we spend staring - at an empty job queue? -sm
[ In Reply To ..]
We're on the job, we're ready to work, but we're not being paid. If we dont make our lines, we get dinged. So we have to we have to go outside the timeframe, and "flex", as they like to put it, in order to at least not lose anything more than we've already lost.

Lets face it, punching a time clock in the MT world, the world of 6.5 cpl, the world of VBC, the world of VR @ 3 cpl, the world of NJA, and trying to make up those lines between 1 and 5 AM, is just not relevant. When you're paid on production, and paid peanuts, then what time the clock says when you're doing it becomes irrelevant.

I believe they look for a 10-15% discrepancy - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
between schedule source and DQS. This was mentioned ages ago in a memo from MQ. Anything outside of that is flagged. There were other things mentioned in the memo about number of times you were allowed to F11 (no longer matters) and how many jobs you could break.

line counts and hours - Cupcakes

[ In Reply To ..]
It is so discouraging to see so much of the same complaints on here. I have these same frustrations now as I lost my job of 13 years in a hospital (from home though) setting, running the department, making GREAT money, good hours, flexibility, full benefits, and now faced with THIS stuff. Same here and for a few others I know in the same boat. Is there any solution? Am considering changing careers after 20 years in this business ...and in this tough economy soooo depressing!

line counts and hours - wordiiiii

[ In Reply To ..]
well I am reading a lot of negativity out there, however, I love being a MT/ME and now that I have been let go my MedQ after being with them since 1999...well I'm lost...so my question is on my resume do I list MedQ as an employer cuz if not there is big hole in my resume and if so...then the new employer will know I was "let go"....what to do?

"Let go" doesn't mean the same in the MT industry - as it does in others. The MTSOs - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
can deny it all they want, but most of the time, "let go" means "undercut by offshore workers".

Stealing, really? - good gravy

[ In Reply To ..]
OMG how can it be stealing if after a 10 hour day, I've got about 1,000 lines and my benefit rate is LESS THAN minimum wage AND they have to kick in make-up pay? That means I'm working for FREE. At least if I get fired for trying to make a living, I can collect unemployment. Came back to transcription because I got laid off from my job. I was making more on unemployment. That's just gross. Years ago I made 11 cents/line. I'll be gone as soon as I find something else. I believe they are trying to divide and conquer, looks like its working

You're right. THEY are stealing OUR training and - expertise by not compensating us fairly. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

playing devil's advocate - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Simply put this is padding your hours and is unethical.

Is MQ (and other MTSOs) cheating you by all their cuts, offshoring, NJA, etc. - Yes, absolutely.

Does that make padding your hours okay? IMO, no. Just because your employer is unethical does not make it okay for you to be.

IMO - by doing this (working "off the clock") you are first of all screwing yourself. Now your employer thinks you are getting more lines per hour than you really are - so how can you then go to your employer and say "I'm not getting enough work." Doing this throws off your numbers as far as lph and also misrepresents your benefit rate (which I agree is a form of stealing from your employer). It also puts the employer in jeopardy with the Dept of Labor due to the OT factor mentioned in other posts. It also makes it that much harder for the MTSO to figure out schedules, workflow, etc. Which leads to my 2nd point - you are taking work from someone who is scheduled to work that other shift that you are sneaking into.

hello hello/ - hours

[ In Reply To ..]
Padding hours? How is it padding when its only to make 900 lines/day in 10 hours to keep out of the production doghouse? Yeah, maybe I'm not as fast as I used to be, but I'm full time no benefits and need to achieve 900 lines with 99% accuracy. to do that with ESL every other report and having to basically retype instead of edit, give me a break about ethical. If I knew going in how this was how it worked I wouldn't be here. False promises are also unethical. I'm the one who doesn't even make minimum wage remember, so how the heck am I cheating ANYBODY!!!!!!!@

cheating is cheating - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's padding because you are misrepresenting to the employer how many lph you are doing and boosting your numbers. You are misrepesenting yourself to your employer. You are taking work from other shifts.

Just because you "don't even make minimum wage" doesn't make it any less of a misrepresentation on your part.
LOL - And the Q (and others) DON'T misrepresent - anything when they cheat us on linecounts?
[ In Reply To ..]

How long have you been an MT? - If you are new, do not work from home

[ In Reply To ..]
I recommend that all new MTs get in-house experience before they attempt doing it from home. Were you one of the people scammed by the make $100k a year while at home watching your kids and all you need is an internet connection and can type? Try 30k with plenty of experience while locked in an office on a schedule, glued to your seat.

If you're only making 90 lph, you either need a new profession or more experience at a hospital that pays by the hour and has coworkers to mentor you.
Dont be so condescending. Some reports are so bad - that they cant be done as fast as others.
[ In Reply To ..]
If we had any control whatsoever over our work pools, then that work would be left sitting forever. But we all know that's not the case. We have no control over whether we get bad files or not, and in many cases, some MTs get fed a steady diet of it. So don't try to tell her, or any of the rest of us, that we're somehow "inferior" because we can't do that crap-work at warp speed.

Amen! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems like some people just aren't bright enough to comprehend the concept of integrity and time fraud. I hope their CCMs figure out who they are and fire them so those of us who play by the rules get our Fair Share of work. They need to find jobs at WalMart or BK where they receive one-on-one supervision.

not cool - at all

[ In Reply To ..]
i am in my early 50s, have 15 years experience as a transcriptionist, several years as a coder, many many more in all aspects of HIM and I would love to say what I'm really thinking right now but I will not, as you are not worth raising my blood pressure. have a nice day you moron
Ahh, - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
So you apparently think it's perfectly okay to lie about your time and work as long as you please. Namaste.
If most of us wrote what we really think of your - nasty comments, we"d probably get banned.
[ In Reply To ..]
Suffice it to say, you already have a pretty good grasp on nastiness, so go stand in front of a mirror, and direct some of it at yourself, please. And tell yourself we sent you.
To "not cool:" Reality check on who is the moron - No name
[ In Reply To ..]
if you are the original poster and the one who thinks they can go to the labor board accusing the company of fraud when you are the one committing fraud. I just cannot believe you don't get it.
Not the OP, but I just can't believe you don't get it - that YOU are being screwed, not MQ.
[ In Reply To ..]
You hear people say "ignorance is bliss", I guess it must be true.
"Not cool", you just said what I've been thinking - for days! I gived you 2 thumbs-up!
[ In Reply To ..]
;D

You're saying amen to your own post above? - Oy

[ In Reply To ..]
um, just a note. Anon means anonymous - more than 1 person can claim that nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
So now your doppelganger is posting under the - guise of being you?
[ In Reply To ..]
Amen! - Oy
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I guess they shoulda thought about that before they - CUT OUR PER-LINE PAY.

[ In Reply To ..]

Some seem to be missing the point here - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nobody cares if you're taking money from MQ, they deserve it. If there was plenty of work for all, nobody will be angry at you. The point is that there is not enough work to go around and you are stealing from other employees, like yourself, who are also trying to make money. You are no better than they, yet by essentially doing their work, you are saying you are. THAT is why everybody is so angry.

If you're just sitting there in your little 8-hour box, - hoping youll get tossed enough work -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to get your minimum, and when that minimum isn't met, you just suffer in silence, eat your cut in pay, and don't take the initiative to try to reel in enough work to get by, then you're pretty much doomed right from the start.

Still missing the point - another.anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The point some of us are trying to get across to you all is that working off the clock is taking work from those who are trying to work the shift you're sneaking onto. You're taking the initiative to rip off your fellow MTs instead of taking the initiative to either improve your line count by actually improving your skills or taking the initiative to find a better and/or different job. Not saying your skills necessarily need improving - some folks are certainly being beaten down by VR, pay cuts, NJA, etc. and that is out of their control and hurting them badly. BUT, that does not justify working off the clock to "reel in" work that you are not entitled to. You are not getting one over on MQ by working off the clock (other than jacking with their Dept of Labor requirements and misrepresenting your benefit pay rate) but you are getting one over on your fellow MTs by taking work from their shift, which just perpetuates the whole NJA mess for everyone.

Anyone truly not making at least minimum wage needs to be seriously looking at other job options anyway - you aren't going to make in long transcribing at the Q whether you sneak in a couple of extra hours a day or not.
What else can I say? U R doomed to continue - getting shafted. - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

What Happens At Your MTSO When You Don't Make Line Count For
Jan 04, 2010

nm ...

Impossible To Make Any Money The Way The Line Count Is Set Up?
Jan 15, 2011

Is it just me or are these companies making it impossible to make any money the way the line count is set up?  I can type all day and make very close to minimum wage.  It never was this way before. ...

I Did Not Make My Line Count Today But Did Work (sm)
May 28, 2013

even a little over my shift.  I did punch out a few times when work dried up but still when I see how long I worked and what I produced, I come up a bit short.  I just had a lot of reports that I was not familiar with and just had a bad day.  I was wondering if I will be hearing about this.  I always produce more than the minimum so I'm hoping I will get a break.  I'm just too mentally and physically exhausted. ...

Does Anyone Make The Bonus Or Even Over Min Required Line Count??
Jun 29, 2013

Please don't bash too much.  I took this job, made my bed and have to lie in it.  I like the work, am getting use to the dictators, but the realization is setting in that my pay, no matter how hard I work, will not get much over state min.  I've already had 2 checks with some MUP and probably will have a third.  What gets me is, we're told to speed up play to edit faster, yet I have gotten, on more than one occasion, messages from QA/QC to slow down to get bett ...

Struggling To Make Line Count Every Pay Period
Apr 11, 2014

I have been here for two years and it seems like I am just struggling to make line count every pay period.  I feel like I am walking up a hill in a big wind storm, moving but not really getting anywhere.  I work nights and I am getting too tired at night.  I know most of this is my fault, but worked as an MT before and did great, no problems what so ever and great pay.  Does anyone else feel like this? ...

Regarding Complaints About Waiting For Work To Make Min. Line Count.
Jul 21, 2011

A couple of year ago, the company I was working for was off-shoring all they could, which left many of us without work.  We were required to clock in, out, in, out, in, out........ during our shift, but had to do so many hours and so many lines.  When it go next to impossible, and I was working days, nights, and weekends to try to make the minimum, I complained to my AM and asked that we bring in a third party on this issue, as I was not being supplied with the minimum amount of work r ...

WMX/nuance - Did Not Make The Required Line Count One Week
Nov 07, 2011

Relatively new.  Did not make the required line count one week.  Is this a biggie or are you okay as long as you average out for payperiod?  What might I expect? ...

What Happens At Nuance If You Are Part-time And Cannot Always Make Line Count?
Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

NEW LINE COUNT
May 24, 2011

Hi.  Can anyone decipher what the memo means about the new line count?  How will our pay change, wait...never mind...I am sure it will go down.  Anyway, what does this new stuff mean? ...

Low Line Count
Jul 20, 2012

Has anyone else working in the North Region noticed that their line count has gone down since CCM made it so that only one job loads at a time? ...

Line Count...
Sep 19, 2012

I have been working for this company for about 18 month and so far so good. It was even bought out by a bigger company and everything stayed the same with no problems. They don't bother me, I do my work and everything is fine. About 6 months ago my line count started going way down and I really just chalked it up to not being able to concentrate as much because my baby started walking and basically making it impossible for me to work. For the past week my line count has about doubled. ...

No Line Count
Nov 13, 2012

Over an hour into my shift, I went to check my line count, so that I can keep track hourly.. well it has ZERO... nothing has taken effect yet??? is this normal. ...

Need Line Count Help
May 04, 2013

I have been told that I need to increase my LPH.  So last night I kept track of the lines of each document done by using MS Word.  But later when I compared it to Nuance's line tracker (ichart) it only listed half the lines that MS Word listed.  How can this be?  I realized that Word my count blank lines, but how can there possibly be that much difference?  I felt like I really kicked butt last night, but then to look at LPH with Nuance's ichart I felt cheated/ ...

Line Count Rip Off
Aug 10, 2013

Does anyone feel like they doing more jobs for less lines? ...

To RAD MTs, What Is Your Line Count Vs...
Sep 10, 2013

So far, I have calculated the "count score" on Fluency at the new rate of 0.08/.048 vs per report rate.  I 'lost' on average $165-175 per pay period over the past 3 months by the line count.  My report rates are currently 1.20/.072.  Anyone else?  Please share.  Also, the 'count score' is our line count, right?? ...

Anyone With AP Getting Their Line Count?
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone else struggling to get their lines in at AP after loosing a hospital recently?  Maybe I'm signing on at the wrong time of day but usually there are hardly any jobs for at least an hour after I start the day.  Hope I'm not alone or I am doing something very wrong. ...

Line Count Discrepancies
Oct 13, 2009

"So if the company wants to consistently give me a slightly higher line count than I am able to document at my end, I should have a problem with this... why??" Wow.  Crankybeach.  You are old enough that you should not need to ask that question.  Here are a few of the more publicized examples of "why": Exhibit A:  Enron.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit B:  Madoff.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit ...

My Line Count Has Tanked
Oct 21, 2009

I used to do 250-275 lph fairly easily. Lately, I am typing as fast and furious as ever and struggle to get above 200 lph. Not sure what is going on, but I'm pretty sure it ain't me. Also, when did they change the dictating system over to 2 cans and a piece of string?  I CANNOT hear this CRAP.  Even the American guys are starting to sound wind-tunnelish ...

Receiving Only A % Of Line Count??
Dec 04, 2009

Is it typical to only receive a percentage of your edited lines because "editing is faster and better" than straight transcription?  I am new to VR, but this seems odd to me. No wonder I am being paid a decent rate.  LOL  So, when I edit a 50-line report, I only receive 60% of that report.  I'm just curious if this across the board with all companies?? ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...