A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Failed another 3 focused audits. - oh just shoot me

Posted: Dec 31, 2013

Yep, that's my 4th within a week. Yep, just as I noted a couple weeks ago, 2 "punctuation" errors and you fail. One spelling error that I have no idea how that could make it through spell check. And a full point for not cc'ing a dictating physician who said to send him a copy - because the CP did not say not to??????? I thought it was policy not to cc the dictator even if they requested such. I cannot even remember any client profile stating not to send a cc to the dictating physician when requested. Gee, guess I should be putting the surgeon's name under a heading since the CP's do not say not too. Walmart, here I come!

Add a little more stress - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Most days, I sit here with a headache and sick to my stomach, worried about failing an audit. You are so focused on NOT making a mistake that I think you probably will make one. Geesh. There has to be something better. Let the ILP's have it. Don't believe that the hospitals will like their work but they are cheaper than U.S. workers and in corporate America it's all about making money at all costs.
Sorry, feeling the need to vent today.

Do you challenge or point out those errors when they contradict - themselves? SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Sending cc's even if policy says not to, then you get dinged because dictator said to, but policy says not to?

Would you get a ding if you didnt send it and dictator said to do so?

That's just plain NOT right and pretty well screwed up.

Challenge - Get out

[ In Reply To ..]
Challenge yourself and find another job and get away from this horrible place. So you challenge it and even if they correct it, you still have that black cloud hanging over your head. Making you sick to your stomach, that is ridiculous; how much money are you making? Tons I hope, cuz otherwise you are destroying your life and health for greedy, do not care, make your job almost impossible people. Walmart here I come, anywhere I would say! Don't take another second of their abuse and that is exactly what it is; demeaning, demoralizing abuse.

Challenge - Agree

[ In Reply To ..]
The MTs that allow this kind of treatment deserve exactly what they get. Makes you sick, then you deserve it, if you allow it. How can you work for this place is beyond comprehension. There is a world out there and jobs, leave them behind to do their own dirty work.
OP is just venting - she doesn't "deserve" abuse - phooey
[ In Reply To ..]
I did not intend it as abuse, it was a logical - question. Dont get so uppity and judgmental. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Sure sounded like abuse - Boo-Hiss
[ In Reply To ..]
Who's being judgmental, hmmmm?
and indeed it was abusive - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes you did. Who are you to say that - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
the poster DESERVES the treatment he/she is receiving? Are you in his/her shoes? I wouldn't wish the treatment/abuse these MTSOs dish out on my worst enemy.

We are all more or less in the same boat & should be sticking together to maybe, just maybe, be able to improve these conditions. This is where the suits want us...at each other's throats.
Who are you to tell other posters what they meant or - what they thought when making a post? NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Which poster are you referring to... lol? - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
You're either hallucinating or trying to stir the pot.

We don't even know what you're talking about. Who is telling WHAT OTHER POSTERS what they meant or what they thought...WTH?

Hitting the "eggnog" a bit early tonight, aren't we?
Excuse me?? You didn't even ASK a question - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Here's what you said, Ms. Uppity and Judgmental:

"...deserve exactly what they get. Makes you sick, then you deserve it."

YOU DO NEED TO CHALLENGE DINGS... HERE'S WHY - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Please forgive me if I sound preachy, but wouldn't that "black cloud" still be there if you DIDN'T protest (but less likely, if you won your reversal?) In that case, the black cloud would likely be over the head of whoever dinged you in the first place.. NOT you!

It would help to be able to back up your request for reversal with reliable sources, i.e., Book of Style, etc.

You need to do this each time you feel you are unfairly dinged. If you can back up your position, the QAs will be less likely to mess with you. If not, they'll figure you're an easy target to use for their OWN agenda.
Past experience (s) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
In my case, QA has always been right and I have always been wrong. I don't bother challenging anymore.
Challenging Dings - Mugs
[ In Reply To ..]
I have personally challenged a ding by quoting the BOS and was told, "Well, that is the way we do it here."

101 ways to fail now. Get dinged for what a CP does not say. - just shoot me

[ In Reply To ..]
Must be nice to have the time to memorize the MM policy manual, the Book of Style and scrutinize the CP.

I am going to have fun during my proficiency mentoring shadow session later this week :-D. She can watch me recheck EVERYTHING:-D

They can choose the poison. :-P. Fire me because I made 2 punctuation errors or because of not meeting production anymore.

Same thing here - Got dinged for not

[ In Reply To ..]
cc'ing the dictator when he requested. Always have been told not to cc the dictator. Reason for ding? CP didn't specifically say not to cc dictator. So now if the CP doesn't say EVERY LITTLE THING, it's a ding? What. Ever. Fire me now.

Yes - We

[ In Reply To ..]
Were told dictator automatically gets a copy so dont send a cc if asked for one or he will get 2. Have never seen anything in a CP about this either way.

it's stupid but - we have to do it

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought the same as you but no. You and I both know he's getting a copy anyway, but you still have to put that if they request it. Some profiles even have you send one to the patient's chart if requested. Duh.

Thats fine - If thats what

[ In Reply To ..]
They want, but don't email us telling us one thing if its wrong. I guess I will ask my TSM or QC and see what they say and go by that.

Unbelievable !!! - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
??????????????????????????

Unbelievable - You can say that again

[ In Reply To ..]
These posts are not to be believed. We "have to", CHALLENGE your audits, this job is making me sick, can't take the stress, and so on - Man working for M*M is the closest thing to Nazi Germany that I can think of. How much brainwashing does it take to destroy an MT who at one time was not that way at all. This profession is going, going, and almost gone and you are just feeding the fire by putting up with this garbage. They could care less about you and just make you jump through hoops that are more than ridiculous. They get theirs, that's for sure and we are left with crumbs; not even a livable wage or decent work.

I feel for you - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally understand how frustrated you can be after failing these audits. I failed a few these past few weeks, one I was more concerned about than the others since it was a lab value error. I am always in fear of getting that dreaded email, but then I was thinking this morning we are going to fail these audits because the demand is way too high for what is expected of us. It is ridiculous to have points taken off for leaving out an "a" or "the". I get it with lab values, med dosages, etc., but a and the are not going to impact patient care. We will continue to fail because we are working on a platform that spews out garbage that we have to decipher and edit plus we have to know client profiles for dozens of facilities, we have to accurately cc doctors, accurately choose right ADT encounter, etc. It is a lose-lose thing we are working on and while a lot of us are trying to get out of it, it still takes time to do so. So all I can say i what I try to do, do the best you can and realize we are going to fail and just try not to let it get you down too much. That's my attitude (although there are times I cry throughout the day after failing an audit).

Similar Messages:

To Those Who Have 'failed' Audits
Jun 09, 2015

i'm just curious.  most of the time i pass my audits with a 99.7.  but there have been a few times i have gotten emails telling me my score was below 99.6 and showing me the error of my ways.  but i have never seen the word FAIL nor has it even been a big deal, i just get the email letting me know and thats that.   does something different happen to some of you or is this what you are calling 'failing an audit' ?  because i've never found it to ...

Failed Audits, PM, And OT Input Please
Mar 18, 2015

I have not read much lately about anyone being on Performance Management due to failed audits.  Is this still happening?  How long do you stay on PM?  Are you then audited every day?  For the people in the PODS, if you are put on PM, I assume that means a pay cut.  If you are reduced to below minimum wage in this process, how can MM expect you to stay?  Who is going to do their OT? I have an idea.  The 100% perfect QA, or auditing team, could knock it off with ...

For Those Who Have Failed MQ's "audits" ---
May 28, 2010

Have you been put on 100% QA AND received a pay cut?  Do you have to fail 2 in a row?   How much of a pay cut is it?  I am going to be fuming mad if I get a pay cut.  Not a single one of my "errors" were critical...as like so many of us.......... I won't quit (won't give them the satisfaction) but they ARE going to need to lay me off or fire me so I can get unemployment.  They WILL pay for that at least.  ...

Failed Audit. How Failed To Require Line Rate
Oct 02, 2014

Is it any fail or under a certain percentage? ...

Please Tell Me How To Stay Focused!!! Sm
Dec 04, 2009

I have done this type of work for a long time.  The last couple of years I have a terrible time staying focused on my work and not emailing, texting, surfing the web, etc.  I need the money really badly!  What is wrong with me?  I am not destitute yet - I keep asking myself if that is what has to happen before I can get serious and do my job.  I should be able to do 2000 lines a day but instead I am doing 950 to 1000. I am literally sick over it and worry about i ...

STAYING FOCUSED DOING VR/SR
Oct 20, 2011

Have been an MT for 34 years..having trouble staying focused doing SR...any suggestions??? ...

Tips On Staying Focused Anyone?!
Oct 12, 2010

Normally, I'm very disciplined about work.  I have a very stable job, very good pay, great accounts.  I am just having trouble staying on task.  Mind you, I do not have to just push and push.  I just need to relax and complete a report, upload it, do the next one.  I can breaks when I want to.  There is NOTHING wrong with my situation except as soon as I start a report my mind goes to a zillion other things I would rather be doing.  I can hardly get thro ...

How To Avoid Distraction/keep Focused??
Sep 21, 2012

I've had a really hard time lately with this...  Lots going on at home so my mind just wanders.  My paychecks are awful now as a result...   What do you do to keep yourself from getting distracted (bills, email, Facebook, staring at a wall LOL, etc)??  I really need something to get me motivated and back on track again. :(   TIA! ...

Any Advice On How To Stay Focused?
Aug 25, 2014

I am ADD by nature and the older I get, the worse it seems to get. Any tricks of the trade you all have would be greatly appreciated. I used to use music in the background, but my hospitals have terrible audio lately and it seems to do more harm then good at this point. ...

Staying Focused/Motivated At Home
Nov 28, 2010

Hi, I was wondering for those of you who work at home, what type of methods do you you use to stay focused at home, ie. environment, lighting, and so forth?  I like working at home but there are days when I'm easily distracted by the littlest thing and it slows down my line count or I need a break for my eyes to get away from looking at words on the computer screen. ...

I Am Not 100% Focused On Patient Care Anymore.
Jan 31, 2015

How can I be?  I'm too focused on what I'll get dinged for. Every other day there are updates to account specifics.  How on earth can one remember every little thing for every single account (I do 5)? What will the auditor think of this or that?  Should I actually type verbatim even if it makes NO sense?  Should I change what voice wreck typed, i.e., "On physical examination, the patient..." The doctor actually said, "On physical, the patient..." So, this goes ou ...

Tips And Strategies To Help Stay Focused And Productive...
Apr 05, 2011

Hi all, I have to do a Powerpoint presentation this week in front of a group of MT students.  I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to share any tips or ideas that you may use that has helped you remain focused and productive while working in a home environment.  I've been an MT for over 20 years and worked from home for 14.  Other than the obvious strategies that I use like getting dressed, eating breakfast, turning the phnoe off, and dedicating workspace, I& ...

High Quality, Cost Effective And Customer Focused - Words That Spell Exploitation. . .
Nov 06, 2011

Am I the only one that feels this way??? Tell me, please, how do they expect us to make a living when they are paying squat to keep their cost of service down?? T ...

Failed Another One
Jul 22, 2011

I failed ANOTHER  test. This time I made it all the way through and took the transcription part of the test. I was just informed that my scores were not QUITE what they need to be.        I think I am about ready to give up........I swear......... ...

Seriously You Failed Me For That??
Jun 25, 2014

I give up..please, please FIRE ME..this is just getting ridiculous..I don't care anymore, just end my suffering.. ...

HELP! Failed Audit
May 15, 2010

So, I failed another "audit".  I have to bounce back and forth between at least 10 accounts, therefore 10 different client profiles AND have to keep up with the ever changing QA preference of the day!  I'm so depressed.  It's really heard to understand that VR stuff and ESL dictators.  Has anyone failed more than a few audits and continued working?  Will they fire me?  I, like everyone else, am really struggling, but I NEED this job.  Any ideas on h ...

Clock On Failed
Oct 04, 2011

Anyone else having this problem this morning or ever before?  What did you do when it happened?  I just started working anyhow.  Guess I will email CCM and ask what to do but for now I am goign to work my shift without being clocked in.  it just keeps saying clock on failed.  I logged out and logged back in but still the same message.  thanks and have a great tuesday! ...

Failed Testing??
Apr 19, 2012

I tested with Probity and was told I failed the testing.  HUH??  I have 20+ years experience.  Really? ...

Failed The Test For SGS??
Feb 24, 2013

So, I go through the grammar portion of the test, use a ton of reference materials when I needed to and I failed the test? Huh???!!! There wasn't even a place that told me what my score was! I have 10+ years in this field and can't see how I failed the test and it's just not sour grapes on my part.  This kind of shakes me to the core and makes me not want to apply anywhere else! Anyone else have this happen?  ...

Well, I Failed. I Am Not Perfect Enough.
Dec 03, 2013

Failed by 0.15. Got an error for "not following CP" Excuse me! I could not find this tiny exception in the jumble they call the CP. Oops, like, sorry I missed that, but I did hunt for it! I know there is one account in the many I encounter every day that I has this little tidbit waiting to bite you in the rear end. Looking forward to 2 more fails - even though I am in the 99% range. I do not know how I am going to do any better with the sound quality and the horrid ASR I am given. I al ...

First Failed Audit
May 28, 2014

What happens after you fail your first audit?  Figures I would get audited on my birthday.  What a birthday present.  I guess getting over 99 is not good enough.   ...

Oh Boy...another Failed Audit....
Jul 31, 2014

Well....probably on to my final warning...another failed audit today.  Really disheartens me because I try so hard.   ...

Failed An Audit
Feb 05, 2015

let us know the steps you will take to correct this." Here's my step:  DELETE! ...

Failed MQ Test. Will I Be Able To See My Results?
Jul 18, 2010

Have 15 years experience, however, they said I failed test? ...

Does MQ Let You Know If You Passed Or Failed Their Test?
Oct 03, 2010

Took the test a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.  Does anyone know if they advise you of a pass/fail, or do you only hear from them if you pass and are offered a position? TIA? ...

Anybody Get Failed Job Alert E-mail
Nov 01, 2010

I was wondering what the failed job alert e-mail meant. Also I have noticed that on every single one of those alerts that it has always been the bottom of the barrel dictator. ...

Failed Test And Very Upset
Nov 02, 2010

I am very upset, I took the radiology test and they say that I failed it and I don't see how. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 20 years. There were only two questions on the multiple choice questions that I was uncertain of and the typing was easy. Has anybody else encountered this? ...

DQS Problems? Says Failed To Connect
Nov 04, 2010

Can't get in.  Keeps saying failed to connect.  Anyone else? ...

Has Anyone Failed The Tier 3 Test
Oct 20, 2011

I took the test and scored a 92.91 and I needed a 96 to pass.  I feel like a failure.  The fourth report that I was given was a difficult dictator (a fast talker).  My question is, do you know when we can retest.  Is it 90 days? ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A MT Enrollment Test?
Jun 11, 2012

Have any of you ever failed an enrollment test for a MT course? How did you feel about it? Did you get angry or upset or did you try again?  ...