A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New compensation plan - my view - Smarter than they think

Posted: Dec 04, 2014

To set things straight, first of all, I am not new at this game.  I have been in this business for 25 years, so I have seen a lot come and go as far as the transcription game.  But I have to say this tops them all.  I have been able in the past to make a decent salary, help support my family, pay my bills and have a little left over,  just like the rest of you.  When I saw the words, "new and exciting" I cringed.  Never good words to hear.  I tried to give it a chance and see what the new plan was.  Well, I did and oh boy, what a big fat mess this is.  When I read the first  couple of paragraphs, I knew it was bad.  Anytime you take AWAY lines, by half, there is no way you can make them up.  My account is 99% editing. If you take away half of those lines, there is nothing in this compensation mess than will make those lines up, nothing.  Basically, we have been told that for the majority of us, we will be working for minimum wage.  That's all this new and exciting plan amounts too.  All the rest of the garbage is just what it is, garbage, unobtainable garbage at that for most of us.  So, if I am going to be making minimum wage, I will no longer work my backside off to try and fill in all the blanks I have on a really bad dictator, I'll just go on and send it to QA. Why try if all I am going to make is minimum wage?  They can figure it out.  From what I can tell, I guess there is no required line count?  So, I'll just take my happy time and try to do the report the best I can (that comes from years of doing this) and if I come across a word I don't know, will not spend the time or effort to look it up.  Just move on.  BUT, I will certainly be looking for another place to work.  More than likely, not in this industry any more.  My fear before I find something else is having to go to the bank to make a loan (I need a new car) and when they ask me my salary, I hand them a 7 page sheet explaining how I am paid, and have to tell them,  "I have absolutely no idea, maybe you can figure it out". 

Nuance is sinking its own ship - Not smart

[ In Reply To ..]
With all the MTs quitting, they will not be able to keep up with the hospital's TAT, so they will ship it all to India. I think that was the plan in the first place. I have seen this coming for the past year.

What's the old saying? - smarter than they think

[ In Reply To ..]
Give a person enough rope and they will hang themselves? Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it? I could go on and on. It will be well deserved in my humble opinion. That ship can sail on and sink, but I won't be aboard.

The sad thing is - so many will just

[ In Reply To ..]
accept and adjust to this what sounds like yet another punch in the MT gut and there have been too many to count over the last few years) and just keep keeping on after a few days of squawking on a message board.

I don't work for N (another of the other terrible 3) but hoping my company does not see any success with this "exciting" new plan (aka yet another way to screw the workers) and follow suite. I feel your pain.
True, and what's really sad is that most of the - smaller companies watch every move - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that Nuance and M*Modal make. Then they pattern their pay & performance formats after theirs. Acusis has always been a major Nuance groupie. Whatever Nuance does, that company does exactly the same soon afterward. I also think a lot of the owners of these smaller companies purposely align their business patterns after the Big Ones, in the hopes that they'll be the next one bought out. Then they can collect their hefty paycheck from selling out, and retire happily ever after.

May they all ROT before they ever get to enjoy a single penny of it.

DO WE GET MINIMUME WAGE FOR HOURS WE SIT WAITING FOR WORK - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
Damned if we do, damned if we don't. My boss told me to get more lines per hour, so I did, I started punching out everytime I ran out of work and my line count automatically went up. But now I don't get the MUP which I get for sitting there waiting for work. Make my line count look better, certain lines per hour, which I am able to do when I punch out and when there is no work, but I don't get paid for the 20 hours I am missing from punching out when no work. I would rather get the 8 x 20 hours, what 160.00, so I imagine my next check will be really, really less than ever, but my line count will meet the minimum standard amount per hour.

Ditch the all-caps, please! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

New Pay Compensation Plan..sm
Oct 14, 2014

Can someone please explain to me this new email we all got this afternoon about the new pay compensation plan rolling out in December? Can anyone explain it a bit more in detail. Sounds like our pay will not be the same amount anymore as in no more cpl that we were used to? Sounded like to me it will be based on quality and working weekends/nights, etc. Is this something good? Email wasn't in detail too much and a little hard to read. I dont have time to go through it right now. Thanks! ...

New Pay Compensation Plan
Dec 01, 2014

Since 2012, when Nuance "officially" took over the company I was with, they following has been very consistent. 1) Cut pay, then offer some type of carrot (incentive, bonus) to help us "make up" the loss in line rate. QA us to death for any little error, calll it a major error or a critical error to lower our quality score so that we cannot make 'incentive' or 'bonus.' If we do re-read the reports in order to bring quality scores up, our lines go down, and then it is a sum z ...

Did Do Our New Compensation Plan?
Dec 14, 2014

This morning I checked my work email, as I have been off the last few days.  I found a new email titled "Update to 2015 Patient Safety Compensation Plan for the Bayscribe Platform."   They have decided now that after you figure your C-LPM, anyone straight typing in Bayscribe will need to apply a platform factor of 0.88, in other words, subtract 12% of your lines.  Their example was if you type 1000 lines, multiple x 0.88 and you will only get credit for 880 lin ...

New Compensation Plan
Dec 31, 2014

Okay, so i wanted to give the old school girl try, ya know?  This was the first check I could really see how this is going to work.  Keeping in mind that over the Christmas week, most of my regular docs were off, and I had accounts that I had never done before, and most, were sitting there for a reason.  After sitting for hours on end reviewing old note after old note to get the best quality for these unknown and often difficult providers, I was actually pretty proud of having only sent notes ...

New Compensation Plan - AGAIN?!?!?!?!?
Mar 18, 2015

I am about ready to cry.  After finally becoming accustomed to the "new and exciting" compensation plan and realizing that my salary had actually increased by several hundred dollars per paycheck, am I really reading this email correctly when I see that NUANCE is actually CHANGING the friggin compensation plan again at the end of this month for Bayscribe MLS?!?!?!?  And now my line rate is going down to about 0.0800?!?!?!?  This is lower than what I was hired at over a year ago?!& ...

NEW QC Compensation Plan
May 06, 2015

They have rolled out the new QC compensation plan.  It appeared in Enrich today.  We are now screwed just as badly as everyone else.   ...

New Compensation Plan Around The Corner
Dec 10, 2012

I wonder what lies in wait. ...

Grid For New Compensation Plan
Dec 05, 2014

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the "grid" they keep talking about and showed in the video?  Thanks ...

Nuance QC Compensation Plan
May 16, 2015

At Nuance, the caste system THRIVES. The deception of this company is criminal. For the last year, the QCs were required to meet the company standard metrics of 150+ LPH, quality of 99% or higher, schedule adherence of 99%. If you failed to meet any portion of the metrics one week, you received a verbal warning; two weeks, you were moved to the Performance Action Plan. On 5/4/2015, we received our individual QA Weekly Scorecard; we also received the QC Compensation Plan on the same day. With no ...

New Compensation Plan/changes Coming... Any News?
Oct 24, 2014

Has anyone heard any more details about this new compensation plan rolling out in December? My TSM said she would have a meeting with our group once she "got all the information together," but... big suprise... we still know nothing. Just wondering if there is anyone out there with concrete information on what is going on? ...

Month Away For New Compensation Plan To Start
Nov 23, 2014

Supposedly the plan is to be implemented in approximately a month.  Any bets on whether or not that happens in a timely fashion.  So far the November deadline has just flown right past us without any explanation on their part as to why the NO REVEAL.  Grrrr.    ...

New Compensation Plan, Do We Still Get Bonus For December?
Nov 30, 2014

A wonderful suprise and just before Christmas.  Do we still get our weekly bonus through December?  So many of us are relying on this for Christmas.  I finally got bonus  ...

Compensation Plan Shift Factors
Feb 15, 2015

Is everyone aware that the hours between Saturday midnight until Sunday 6 a.m. are not considered "weekend overnight"?  ...

Let's Face It. If New Compensation Plan Is Great And Exciting,
Nov 13, 2014

to announce it by now. Rather, it's end of year, they are frantically trying to hire new MLS who don't know any better and will be locked into the crappy exciting compensation plan while there is the expected stampede for the door. Can't get any lower than that. I wonder how much they paid a committee or team to think up this plan. ...

Is There Anyone Who Was Not Negatively Impacted By The Patient Safety Compensation Plan?
Apr 02, 2015

My understanding is that the earnings of Nuance employees in the transcription division were negatively impacted by the initiation of the patient safety compensation plan.   If the original incarnation of the patient safety compensation plan caused an increase in earnings for your specific team, it was quickly amended to not only negate that change, but to also result in a decrease in earnings by 30-70%.  Is that correct across the board?  Is there anyone who did not receive ...

Email Sent Late Last Night....compensation Plan More Fully Explained.
Mar 21, 2015

nothing else changed as far as I can tell.  Must get 300 lph for 0.1050 a line. Oh, and if you have any questions, send them to your TSM. No mention of any future meetings.    ...

BS "Patient Safety Compensation Plan"
Jan 20, 2015

I have never hated a company as much as I do Nuance!  They should have called it the "Screw the employee compensation plan" because that is just what it is.  I feel like I work in a third world country and get paid 1 or 2 cents a line - that's probably next!  Last paycheck even though I had 99 percent QA and 2 percent QC, I figured it out I made about $9.00 per hour.  I'm sick of this and can pretty much go anywhere for this kind of money.  Can you say CORPORAT ...

Bilateral Knee X-ray Today Including A S/l Rosen View, Erosion View Show...
Aug 23, 2011

. ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

X-ray View Help
Nov 21, 2009

The patient has knee problems - no problems with her feet.  He does mention the knee is in varus alignment.  I haven't heard of this view before - especially as this is a knee problem.  Thanks! We will obtain an AP view of the knee, along with a (s/l flat foot x-ray) weight bearing view.  ...

X-ray View
Dec 14, 2011

X-rays of the lumbar spine, AP, lateral and S/L STOD or Star view....any ideas? Thanks. ...

Larynx View
Dec 01, 2009

This is for exam of a patient's throat and the doctor states that unfortunately his "larynx view" was not intact- is a larynx view some sort of medical device?  ...

S/l Adantate View
Mar 13, 2011

X-rays of the cervical spine as well as an odantate view were taken. ...

View Paycheck
Feb 15, 2013

I know...Its early and probably not enough caffeine yet but I have to know, how do I view my previous paychecks?  On the old timeclock system it was easy, but I can't figure it out in Webclock.  ...

Salson View
Jan 12, 2015

Sounds like Salson view, not sure. Thanks for any help.  She has a large peroneal tubercle and then has the cavovarus foot deformity.  She has one on both sides, but the one on the right is more significant, particularly on that Salson view. ...

S/l Skier's View For Knee X-ray
Oct 18, 2010

TEXT:  Examination of short AP, lateral, Merchant and *skier's* view of the left knee does reveal evidence of arthritis involving the lateral compartment and also the patellofemoral compartment.  ...

S/l Skier's View - Radiographs
Oct 26, 2010

Radiographs: Two views were done today s/l skiers and lateral.   This is of the calcaneus. ...

Is There Such A Thing As A S/l Sailor's View X-ray For A
Jan 30, 2011

X-rays were reviewed from the ER as well as a new s/l sailors view was obtained of the shoulder.  Thanks!! ...

QA/MT From A Peons Point Of View
May 11, 2011

PA MT and others -- I have recently started for a company, where I am transcribing as well as doing QA/Management.  Getting paid hourly for one and salary for the other.  At some point down the road, I will probably be hiriing MTs as well.  It is not easy, because I started out doing QA, then, having to transcribe on several accounts to make siure that when QA is done, it is done properly. Another thing to be considered when there is "lack of work" is the fact that there might be ...

Grasche (?) View Xray
Jun 08, 2011

"X-rays of the shoulder were undertaken today, s/l 'gra-shee' and outlet views, to look for impingement morphology."   I haven't heard this term before... ...