A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did do our new compensation plan? - Angry again

Posted: Dec 14, 2014

This morning I checked my work email, as I have been off the last few days.  I found a new email titled "Update to 2015 Patient Safety Compensation Plan for the Bayscribe Platform."   They have decided now that after you figure your C-LPM, anyone straight typing in Bayscribe will need to apply a platform factor of 0.88, in other words, subtract 12% of your lines.  Their example was if you type 1000 lines, multiple x 0.88 and you will only get credit for 880 lines.  This will be effective 12/20.  Merry Christmas.  It was something they forgot to mention before.  I was afraid to post this because I am still not sure if I can be identified, but this is just too much.   

"compensation" plan - SoFedUp2

[ In Reply To ..]
I just received the same email. They "forgot" to mention this?! My TSM incessantly goes on and on about how we need to type faster/better/with higher quality because "our babies need us" (children's hospital). Well what about OUR babies? The babies of the MLS who rely on us for their food, shelter, clothing, etc.? I am positively sickened over this "forgotten" bomb, particularly as it comes right on the heels of the other recent blow. Truly unbelievable.

Not sure it is legal. - After all

[ In Reply To ..]
we will not be getting paid for what we actually produce. I believe federal and state guidelines would side with us on that. It's one thing if they want to pay us 12% less for what we produce but it's another altogether to actually pay us for only 88% of what we produce. May be time to put that to a legal challenge.

What does the Labor Board say? - (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I called my state labor board, it's legal! - nothappy

[ In Reply To ..]
They can arrange the pay scale however they want. It does stink that no one is on our side!!!!
Which state? My labor board is closed Sunday. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Northeast state, I called Friday, nm - nothappy
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Did you find out about the 88% on Friday? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Legal - SoFedUp2

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish so much that we had any sort of recourse. Morally and ethically, this stinks to high heaven. There is no debating that (though I can't wait to hear what kind of rah-rah spin the TSMs try to put on this particular twist). My hunch is that this company is such a monstrosity that they have already had some sleazy lawyers work through a defense. I can't imagine they would implement this without it being legal. Which, again, does not equate to being moral or ethical. I've been steaming about this intermittently all day today and I still can't wrap my head around NOT paying us for 12% of our production. Regardless of the platform, those lines were transcribed with knowledge and a skill set. They were not magically inserted. They did not require less effort because of the platform. Can I say truly unbelievable again?

lawyers - Craig

[ In Reply To ..]
I am almost 100% positive they had lawyers going over his "new and exciting" compensation plan with a fine tooth comb before rolling it out. It is probably just on the other side of legal...JUST on the other side.

Has anyone considered submitting a concise, - to-the-point story about this latest - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance con-game to multiple publications in the Op-Ed sections? Surely SOMEONE will eventually pick it up and run with it. All of middle class America is being screwed along with us, in their respective fields. A good description of this particular aspect of American workers' mass-screwing has never been so relevant as it is now.

So why do they think that cutting pay to 88% - will promote "patient safety"?

[ In Reply To ..]
The whole thing is ridiculous beyond comprehension.

Similar Messages:

New Pay Compensation Plan..sm
Oct 14, 2014

Can someone please explain to me this new email we all got this afternoon about the new pay compensation plan rolling out in December? Can anyone explain it a bit more in detail. Sounds like our pay will not be the same amount anymore as in no more cpl that we were used to? Sounded like to me it will be based on quality and working weekends/nights, etc. Is this something good? Email wasn't in detail too much and a little hard to read. I dont have time to go through it right now. Thanks! ...

New Pay Compensation Plan
Dec 01, 2014

Since 2012, when Nuance "officially" took over the company I was with, they following has been very consistent. 1) Cut pay, then offer some type of carrot (incentive, bonus) to help us "make up" the loss in line rate. QA us to death for any little error, calll it a major error or a critical error to lower our quality score so that we cannot make 'incentive' or 'bonus.' If we do re-read the reports in order to bring quality scores up, our lines go down, and then it is a sum z ...

New Compensation Plan
Dec 31, 2014

Okay, so i wanted to give the old school girl try, ya know?  This was the first check I could really see how this is going to work.  Keeping in mind that over the Christmas week, most of my regular docs were off, and I had accounts that I had never done before, and most, were sitting there for a reason.  After sitting for hours on end reviewing old note after old note to get the best quality for these unknown and often difficult providers, I was actually pretty proud of having only sent notes ...

New Compensation Plan - AGAIN?!?!?!?!?
Mar 18, 2015

I am about ready to cry.  After finally becoming accustomed to the "new and exciting" compensation plan and realizing that my salary had actually increased by several hundred dollars per paycheck, am I really reading this email correctly when I see that NUANCE is actually CHANGING the friggin compensation plan again at the end of this month for Bayscribe MLS?!?!?!?  And now my line rate is going down to about 0.0800?!?!?!?  This is lower than what I was hired at over a year ago?!& ...

NEW QC Compensation Plan
May 06, 2015

They have rolled out the new QC compensation plan.  It appeared in Enrich today.  We are now screwed just as badly as everyone else.   ...

New Compensation Plan Around The Corner
Dec 10, 2012

I wonder what lies in wait. ...

New Compensation Plan - My View
Dec 04, 2014

To set things straight, first of all, I am not new at this game.  I have been in this business for 25 years, so I have seen a lot come and go as far as the transcription game.  But I have to say this tops them all.  I have been able in the past to make a decent salary, help support my family, pay my bills and have a little left over,  just like the rest of you.  When I saw the words, "new and exciting" I cringed.  Never good words to hear.  I tried to give it a ...

Grid For New Compensation Plan
Dec 05, 2014

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the "grid" they keep talking about and showed in the video?  Thanks ...

Nuance QC Compensation Plan
May 16, 2015

At Nuance, the caste system THRIVES. The deception of this company is criminal. For the last year, the QCs were required to meet the company standard metrics of 150+ LPH, quality of 99% or higher, schedule adherence of 99%. If you failed to meet any portion of the metrics one week, you received a verbal warning; two weeks, you were moved to the Performance Action Plan. On 5/4/2015, we received our individual QA Weekly Scorecard; we also received the QC Compensation Plan on the same day. With no ...

New Compensation Plan/changes Coming... Any News?
Oct 24, 2014

Has anyone heard any more details about this new compensation plan rolling out in December? My TSM said she would have a meeting with our group once she "got all the information together," but... big suprise... we still know nothing. Just wondering if there is anyone out there with concrete information on what is going on? ...

Month Away For New Compensation Plan To Start
Nov 23, 2014

Supposedly the plan is to be implemented in approximately a month.  Any bets on whether or not that happens in a timely fashion.  So far the November deadline has just flown right past us without any explanation on their part as to why the NO REVEAL.  Grrrr.    ...

New Compensation Plan, Do We Still Get Bonus For December?
Nov 30, 2014

A wonderful suprise and just before Christmas.  Do we still get our weekly bonus through December?  So many of us are relying on this for Christmas.  I finally got bonus  ...

Compensation Plan Shift Factors
Feb 15, 2015

Is everyone aware that the hours between Saturday midnight until Sunday 6 a.m. are not considered "weekend overnight"?  ...

Let's Face It. If New Compensation Plan Is Great And Exciting,
Nov 13, 2014

to announce it by now. Rather, it's end of year, they are frantically trying to hire new MLS who don't know any better and will be locked into the crappy exciting compensation plan while there is the expected stampede for the door. Can't get any lower than that. I wonder how much they paid a committee or team to think up this plan. ...

Is There Anyone Who Was Not Negatively Impacted By The Patient Safety Compensation Plan?
Apr 02, 2015

My understanding is that the earnings of Nuance employees in the transcription division were negatively impacted by the initiation of the patient safety compensation plan.   If the original incarnation of the patient safety compensation plan caused an increase in earnings for your specific team, it was quickly amended to not only negate that change, but to also result in a decrease in earnings by 30-70%.  Is that correct across the board?  Is there anyone who did not receive ...

Email Sent Late Last Night....compensation Plan More Fully Explained.
Mar 21, 2015

nothing else changed as far as I can tell.  Must get 300 lph for 0.1050 a line. Oh, and if you have any questions, send them to your TSM. No mention of any future meetings.    ...

BS "Patient Safety Compensation Plan"
Jan 20, 2015

I have never hated a company as much as I do Nuance!  They should have called it the "Screw the employee compensation plan" because that is just what it is.  I feel like I work in a third world country and get paid 1 or 2 cents a line - that's probably next!  Last paycheck even though I had 99 percent QA and 2 percent QC, I figured it out I made about $9.00 per hour.  I'm sick of this and can pretty much go anywhere for this kind of money.  Can you say CORPORAT ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

Compensation
May 19, 2013

One company lists compensation as:  "$1.06 per dictated minute & up depending on acute experience and operative report experience.." I've always been paid per line and am not familiar at all with this form of compensation..  Does anyone have any experience with this, and does it sounds okay?  It's an IC position.  Thanks. ...

New Compensation
Oct 26, 2014

I wonder if the new compensation is that they are making us all independent contractors.  What a hoot that would be.. ...

PTO Under New Compensation
Dec 31, 2014

Hello.  I have requested and been approved for some PTO hours for Christmas Eve.  On the time log I just approved, it shows the hours but does not show a monetary figure for them.  Could anyone tell me how they calculate that? Thanks! ...

Worker's Compensation Through MQ
Apr 01, 2010

What company do we file through?  Any info appreciated, TIA. ...

M*Modal And Compensation
Aug 26, 2011

Does anyone know how an MT is compensated when they begin using M*Modal and basically editing?  If paid by the line, if M*Modal creates a report consiisting of 75 lines, and you edit a few lines here and there, are you paid for the entire report (the full 75 lines) or just paid for what lines you edit?  ...

Sten-Tel - Can You Believe This Compensation?
Mar 13, 2012

Sten-Tel has add on MTJobs.  Can you believe this compensation?  I hope they have NO replies.  " Starting rate ranges: 5–6 cents per transcribed line; 2-3 cents per edited line." ...

Nuance Compensation ????
Jul 16, 2012

No one ever said for sure if this compensation had been to offset insurance costs, MUP or whatever?  I didn't get it and am curious why it was not across the board.   They may have been caught with their pants down on this one. ...

Coding Compensation
Oct 11, 2012

I am an MT of 20 years and 2 companies in this year alone have skimmed lines from me, albeit 1 company paid up and now am waiting on the other before I quit. I want to get out of MT and see that others have made the transition. How are at home coders compensated? MTs are paid by the line and just curious as to how coders are paid.   Thank you. Hope you are enjoying your fall where ever you may be! ...

Compensation Letter?
Dec 12, 2012

I've seen a couple of folks post on here about getting a compensation letter but I've gotten nothing other than the info they presented at the meeting yesterday.  Did they e-mail this or snail mail it?   ...

Compensation - For Transcenders
Dec 16, 2012

As you transition to Nuance, you will have training jobs going to QC.  This will count against your QC percentage and affect your ability to earn any increased increment in line rate based on your quality.  Please plan ahead carefully for a much lower paycheck and look for another job as hard as you can.  Advise all would-be MTs to look into coding or some other profession entirely.  MTs are living at poverty levels these days and we have to get the word out.  With VR ca ...

MT Compensation By MModal.
Jan 04, 2013

http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/ Please remember this – your company is paid for its OUTPUT, not for that high percent gain! This industry has seen an alarming increase in MTs who are not interested in transcription as a full-time career. What is happening to the career MT? How will the profession attract the quality-minded, dedicated professional if MTs can’t make any money? It won’t – it will attract the person interested in making a bit of ex ...

Here's A Article About Compensation
Mar 11, 2013

Here’s an article by For the Record magazine that is worth reading. Sometimes, their articles are a lot of fluff, AHDI stressing we need them, or words just filling a page, but this one affirms what we have all known for a very long time.   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/091012p22.shtml Interesting what is written about the Transcend lawsuit too. What can we do? At the end of the article, it mentions “MTs need to work with their employers to develop a fair compensat ...