A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Love working here, but being shoved out of my job. - tenacious

Posted: Jun 12, 2013

I feel I am being pushed out of my job.  I love working for this company, but after a disagreement with my supervisor my QA scores dropped, I was taken off accounts, my queue in the account I had left was cut in half.  As I said, I like this company and don't want to go anywhere else, but has anyone else experienced the same thing and, if so, how did you deal or get through it?

Pushed out....sm - anon4once

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel your pain. I haven't had a disagreement with my supervisor, but my QA scores have dropped, and last week we were overloaded with work... This week, I'm sitting here after being almost 4 full days with little to no work... It stinks... I'm so not handling it very well. I have a really bad case of anxiety because I really need my paycheck, and it doesn't look like it's going to happen, at least not this payperiod... Trying to get out of this business, but that's sometimes easier said than done...

I could have written your post - samehere

[ In Reply To ..]
You are not alone, I'm going through the same thing. Having anxiety attacks, I really need the money right now, not sure what I'm going to do. Just the feeling of being shoved out is really messing with my head. Plenty of work last month, now very little.

Surely does suck since....sm - anon4once

[ In Reply To ..]
I have given and given and given of myself working a schedule that no one else would work in order to "help" out, working on my days off. I even worked a schedule for about 6 months doing Thursday thru Monday because work load was awful on the weekends, and now I can't even work within the schedule hours that I was told a month or so ago not to change back to my later evening schedule.

I'm just so panicked about what the heck I'm going to do about paying bills until I can find something else, EVEN if it means working full-time for minimum wage at one of our local business, like the dollar store or something.

I'm already into the process of trying to get into school with financial aid, and have been approved for financial aid, but it's only enough for the moment to cover expenses of the college classes for nursing, BUT that's because when I filled out the paperwork I didn't check the box for "dislocated" worker because at the time I actually had enough work to be able to work AND go to school in order to pay the dang household bills that surely won't wait 2 years or 4 years until I finish up school for nursing.

However, I do have a friend who is going to try to help me get in with some kind of government program for people like me who are employed but not being provided enough work to make it, almost like being "phased out"....

It really saddens me that I gave this company a chance, a REAL chance. I took the negative comments with a grain of salt, but I certainly didn't forget a single one of them that said, "just wait your accounts will be next and you will find yourself without work." I listened and started plotting. I just thought I had a little more time than a few months to get my ducks in order.

Where there's a will, there's a way, and I know that God will provide for me in my time of need.... Still my mind is making me crazy and the panic and anxiety attacks I have had over the past 2 days have actually required me to take medication...something I have not had to do in more than 4 years... So sad to be reduced to this, but in truth I could see it coming over the last month or so...

I certainly wish you luck my friend... I have always loved this profession, even with the changing and morphing into editing. I actually love editing, but I just can't work 12 hours a day anymore for a mere 4 hours of actual work, IF I get that. I'm burnt out, and I won't let it break me to the point that I can't function at all because of the panic that I'm experiencing...

I don't know if you're a religious person, but I'm leaving this all at my Father's feet and I know that He will make a way for me because I am WILLING to go whatever distance it takes me to get out before it kills me... :)
You're doing much better than you feel at the moment. - Keep going, and best wishes. :) nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'm still trying to understand why you love or even like it here. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
With that going on and everything else, I just have no advice to offer you, as I don't understand why you love it. It's a contradiction I can't make sense out of.

Isn't that legalized extortion? - IMHO NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I feel u - Mommt

[ In Reply To ..]
I had one with mine when I told her their formula for productivity no longer made sense on per report basis due to a new doctor and I was given a formula which was mathematically incorrect and after I pointed that out it was all downhill and I ended up terminated but for bogus reasons...long story but supervisors do have control of things

Similar Messages:

I Used To LOVE Working At Silent Type. I Am Sm
Feb 22, 2013

so upset at the way things have turned out there. ...

I Love Working For Nuance And Have Been Around The Block
Sep 25, 2013

Cornerstone Professional Services - I Love Working For Them!
Jun 06, 2013

I've been working for Cornerstone Professional Services for a few years now.  I love working for them!  They pay on time (direct deposit) every time.  I don't know what former staff was like, but I've read some negative reviews about them.  I can honestly say the current staff is VERY supportive.  They do everything possible to make the MT successful.  Any critiquing that is done is always in good taste and and even good humor.  The supervisor is a transcriptionist herself, ...

Something Else Shoved On Us
Apr 29, 2010

It is now mandatory that we purchase the WPD to the tune of $41 with no help from Transcend and no  paycheck deduction, but rather a check in the mail to them.  That directory changes more often during the year than a honeycomb has bees.  I stopped buying it when MDI paid towards it and it was $25 then.  Now, we HAVE to buy it? Good grief!  What will be next?    I know what it will be--me accepting the job offer I was thinking about.  No more thinking; I ...

LOVE, LOVE Mmodal
Nov 01, 2012

Have to say, I love Mmodal.  My CCM is caring and considerate and kind.  Also, love the pay and hardly ever running out of work but when we do, that is a nice break for me.  I just put the pedal to the metal and don't take anything posted here to heart cuz, lots of angry people just wanting to take you down.  Pass on the love!!! ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

Why I Love VR
Dec 20, 2009

Hey, I don't actually type that crap, ya know!  I have way too much dignity to be associated with that garbage for the pittance they are paying.  However, looking at the crap that VR produces that is included in patient records, I realized, hey, why bother proofreading???  Anything I produce with my old-fashioned, stone-age, luddite TRANSCRIPTION looks a heck of a lot better than anything I've seen VR produce.  No one will notice any mistakes I might make.  The ...

I Just Love This.
Jan 21, 2010

An email gets sent out around 4 a.m. stating there is a critical backlog and asking everyone to help out.  The email shows the backlog, but it's really not that big.  Says if you have hours to make up to do it today.  This is at 4 a.m., when a lot of us are sleeping.  Panic!! I log in for my regularly scheduled shift......and NJA! Thanks a lot MQ.  Take work away from people that are scheduled to work just because you get a little panicky at 4 in the morning. ...

LOVE This
Apr 20, 2010

2) Ability to work evening shifts and weekends The rate of pay is 3 cpl for editing and 7 cpl for typing.    Hey, we want you to work the shifts no one wants and we'll pay a premium for it! OMIGOD are they for real? ...

Love Being An MME But...
Feb 18, 2011

I love to be able to fill in blanks that people can't get and to help them.  I wish I could give them detailed explainations so that they can understand the why of the error or resources I used to find it.  However, because of the ridiculous pay and having to wade though ILP garbage (sorry, I don't enjoy helping them out), I'm only able to leave brief or even no messages to try to at least make what I did when being an MT.  These messages come across as rude, nitpic ...

I Truly Love How MQ
Mar 24, 2011

requires us to type more lines per hour and yet I'm constantly getting accounts that are not my primary accounts.  Thanks for making my life pure he!! MQ!  You have continually screwed me out of money every year since I've started here.  You keep taking and I keep giving and I've about had enough.  I know the 150 lph isn't that bad as I usually do that anyway....but seriously!!!!  Is it too much to ask to be supplied with accounts that I am familiar w ...

You'll Love This
Jan 17, 2012

Just got a call from MQ confirming that I got my new computer and that everything is up and running.  Hello - I've been using it for at least a month. ...

I Love My Job!!
Jul 12, 2012

I love my job!!  I have been with this company for 9 months now and I love it!  I have work, straight typing, wonderful doctors, wonderful coordinator, just downright wonderful company!  Thank you Keystrokes! ...

Don't You Just LOVE It When They...
Aug 15, 2012

- spell a drug name out for you, and they spell it wrong?   - mangle a drug name beyond recognition (and a COMMON drug at that! one of my docs cannot say aldactone to SAVE HIS SOUL)   - spell out a really simple procedure or term for you (pleural) but then expect you to wing it with spelling some little-known random procedure done once in Ghana 200 years ago on rats whose name is 37 letters long?   Feel free to join in!!  Seems that today I've been saying an inordi ...

I Would Love This Job But...
Nov 12, 2012

I would absolutely love working for Nuance but for the fact that the work volumes are never consistent or reliable. I love my hours, my TS is awesome and I love my accounts. The benefits aren't great but I can work with what they offer. I wish they didn't practice over-hiring. ...

You Will Love It
Mar 12, 2014

Imagine 8 hours of looking up "J. A. Smith" in phone books to write down his/her phone number. Then searching for the modifier for his second line. More like insurance work or accounting (even without the numbers) than language based work.  I love the narrative of the reports I do, not the lab data. If my job were threatened, I would view it as an opportunity to learn to do something I really wanted to do, not just take the next career offered doomed for automation and overseas outsourcing. ...

I Would Love
Apr 30, 2014

if someone from management come to this site to defend this MTSO and its policies.  I don't work for MM, but from the posts here, they have significant problems among their staff and at some point will have trouble recruiting new employees.  I would be reluctant to work for this MTSO based on this site and ratings in other places.  MM, do you have a defense? ...

I LOVE MY JOB
Feb 04, 2015

No wait.  I just woke up and smelled the coffee.  It is barely tolerable today.  Static on line, fast talkers, dictation cutting in and out.  Just your typical day in paradise. ...

I Love VR Work
Jan 26, 2010

I think I may be an odd ball, but I love VR work.  After doing VR, I don't think I will go back to straight text.  I don't have any problems making money and I work on a really easy platform, which makes all the difference (Dictaphone ExText).  ...

For The Love Of All That Is Good!!!
Mar 23, 2010

For the last week and a half, all I have been doing is progress notes for some hospital that isn't even in my BoB.  It is worse than watching paint dry, I swear.  I'm so bored with these notes that I would rather just beat my head against the wall or pull each hair out one by one.  Anything other than making one more keystroke! I want my primary back (I know there is work in it).  I want to do my Op notes again! WTH!!!!!!!!! Sorry...had to vent. ...

I Just Love It When They Dictate...
Mar 27, 2010

...in the middle of an airport runway.  At least it sounds like that.  It's especially so lovely with ASR, picking up as it does every random conversation in the area. ...

I Love This Certain Company
Apr 27, 2010

Earlier this evening I sent a resume to a certain company that I will not name, I check my emails just now and the company tells me that all of the positions are filled when they have straight line production positions available.This company is not on this board.  ...

Does Anyone REALLY Love Their Job Anymore?
May 11, 2010

Lately I have talked to many friends who are all disillusioned with their careers.  The state of the economy has made it worse, but I really think the problems existed before that happened.  They come from all walks of life and all occupations.  Everyone seems to want out of whatever they are doing.  The ones I have spoken to include teachers, attorneys, nurses, doctors, police officers and of course MTs. Anyone out there know someone with a great and (as stable a ...

This Is Great......I Love It!!!!!!
Aug 16, 2010

So, I got this super long report with HORRIBLE audio.  When I got finished it looked like a piece of Swiss cheese it had so many blanks.  I didn't even CONSIDER sending it to QA as the audio was just terrible and there was NO way I was sending a report that long...and then get paid 3 cents a line because it might put me over 5% QA submission.  So, I just sent it straight through, expecting to get a call from my CCM on why I sent so many blanks, which, of course I was prepared ...

I Love Getting NJA First Thing And Then
Aug 19, 2010

and right at the LAST MINUTE, ONE job comes in.  You type it and then have to sit for another 15 minutes. Rinse, repeat. ...

Please, Doc, For The Love Of All That Is Good And
Nov 11, 2010

if you have laryngitis, DON'T TRY TO DICTATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be bald by the time this 557s dictation is done! ...

I Love Eloquence
Nov 17, 2010

This came out of a supposedly educated physician, not a resident: "He has up to 3 diarrheas per day."      ...

Got To Love India....
Mar 04, 2011

I didn't know atleast was a word.  I love the 100% HIPPA complaint processes.  You've got to love it!!!  See site for more errors.  Medical Billing and Coding Services Outsource2india has over 7 years of experience in providing efficient medical billing services to Physician Practices, Hospitals, and Medical Billing companies. We understand the importance of accurately and quickly processing your claims so that it will help you to maximize your revenue and im ...

Don't You Just Love When You Email Your CCM......
Aug 28, 2011

And you KNOW she got the email but literally ignores it?  The reason I know she got it was that I sent 2 other unrelated emails around the same time (in response to her asking for extra hours, which I said I could do) and another email.....But the one where I actually needed something from her.....where she would actually have to TAKE ACTION, she ignores.  So, now it's 3 days later and still nothing.  I should have IGNORED her email request for extra hours.....just so sh ...