A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Google Paul Ricci 2015 and look at the - first quarter conference call. Expenses

Posted: May 27, 2015

to be cut. Right up there, global labor optimization and workforce reductions. "We've initiated a more formal program targeted to deliver $125 million in expense reductions by the end of FY '16. This initiative includes reduction to services and products from third parties, real estate site consolidation, streamlining management layers and global labor optimization, including workforce reductions. The program is already delivering measurable results."

"Measurable results"? - How does he sleep at night?

[ In Reply To ..]
How about a reduction in your salary Paul, along with the rest of us??

End game - T.T.

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband has a hypothesis about companies like Nuance. He thinks that the CEO's come in, increase profits while decreasing costs in a manner which strip-mines the company and leaves it utterly depleted. The CEO then collects his or her bonus for a job well done and moves on to another company, leaving the original one to wither and die. Just a thought.

And they leave a pile of human rubble behind - While they laugh all the way to the bank.

[ In Reply To ..]
Not to mention the patients that suffer, the healthcare providers that thought they were providing a service to help their patients, etc., etc.

I agree that is the game in these corporations - and billion dollar CEOs.

[ In Reply To ..]

sniveling little excuse for a man - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Proud? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
As a mother of grown businessmen, I wonder what Paul's mother must think of her son. Do you think she's proud? I would be mortified and heartbroken if my sons treated their employes even remotely close to the way this "man" (used extremely loosely) does. What a horrible, corrupt and immoral human being he is.

When I read what he wrote I think of the movie Christmas Vacation - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Remember the scene where instead of a big bonus for Christmas, Griswold gets jelly of the month club. His crazy cousin then kidnaps the CEO and that guy is brought to the Griswold house I think on Christmas eve. The guy sees how the family is suffering and then gives him a better bonus so they can have a pool and fly the whole family in. Griswold faints.
Conversely, Nuance and its CEO is the horror story quite the opposite of Christmas vacation. In this scenario they don't even give jelly and of course no pool, no flying in, and no Christmas dinner. Life is stranger than fiction.

Immoral - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
Immoral, unethical, but not illegal. That's why there's laws, to prevent callous people from doing whatever only benefits them and harms everyone else. What Paul does is actually ethically as "criminal" as if he committed a robbery, maybe even worse, since he doesn't need all that money, as opposed to a robber who may actually need money. Too bad there's no law prevent him from treating employees like dirt and moving all the jobs overseas, only because it would benefit his own bottom line.

Vulture capitalism. Welcome to your country ruled by corporations. - Just lovely.

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, but hey, the millionaires and billionaires just got yet another tax cut thanks to a Republican controlled Congress. After all, this is a "free market!"

Corporations are people, my friend! - yeah, right.

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

The usual class envy excuse. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

The usual class envy excuse - for what?

[ In Reply To ..]
Am I to believe you work for Nuance and you are proud our CEO makes the billions and we make the minimum and you think that is right and when we complain it's an excuse? Do go on.

Please explain.

Similar Messages:

Nuance CEO, Paul Ricci
May 29, 2015

For three decades, Mr. Phillips had focused on writing software to allow computers to understand human speech. In 2006, he hrad co-founded a voice recognition company, and eventually executives at Apple, Google and elsewhere proposed partnerships. Mr. Phillips’s technology was even integrated into Siri itself before the digital assistant was absorbed into the iPhone. But in 2008, Mr. Phillips’s company, Vlingo, had been contacted by a much larger voice recognition firm call ...

Paul Ricci Is A Glorified Slum Lord --
Oct 02, 2014

xx ...

ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME? Hey CEO, RICCI
Nov 22, 2013

WHAT THE HECK?  WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WILL PAY YOURSELF THIS YEAR?  You think you deserve a bonus?  WHAT ABOUT MT RAISES AND BONUSES FOR US YOU MOTARD!  (Moron and Retard put together).  It's time for Ricci to go. He paid himself $37 million last year, even though Nuance shares have declined 23% in value in the last 12 months. ...

SoftScript Reviews For 2015
Feb 07, 2015

Can anyone provide what it's like to work for this company?  Do they have enough work, benefits, etc.  Thank you ...

2015 MLS Hiring Bonaza
Feb 12, 2015

Anyone else on here get the email that Nuance wants copied and posted to social media?   "Choose your own rate of pay on our compensation grid." There is no way I would recommend this place to anyone.   "Sky's the limit!"  What is the deduction in pay for that error? ...

So, Now That They Delayed ICD-10. I Guess A New 2015 ICD-9 Book Will Be On The Way?
Mar 31, 2014

What exactly is their reasoning behind making all the hospitals and other places put their coders through the expense and headache of trying to learn ICD-10 if they keep pushing it back?  Come on already! So, I guess another ICD-9 book will be out in October? ...

Hoping To Start Nursing In 2015 At 35
Nov 20, 2014

Hoping to start a nursing program.  I am 35 and have been a medical transcriptionist since graduating from high school.  I would like to eventually obtain a Master's in nursing.  I have been planning this for a while (almost two years), but I've been really nervous, so I have kind of put things off.  I think one thing I'm nervous about is it is my first time going to college.  I was trained for medical transcription at a technical school while still in hig ...

ImedX/TransTech Holiday 2015
Dec 10, 2014

Has anyone heard anything about choosing holidays for 2015 with ImedX/TransTech?  Last year I remember getting the initial emails in October, but this year haven't seen or heard a thing...Seems kinda fishy... ...

New Minimum Wage Increases For 2015
Dec 31, 2014

Just curious about this as the new increases in some states are more than what a lot of MTs make hourly, i.e. Seattle, Washington, $15.00 an hour.  This won't affect me personally, but I wonder how MTSOs will be handling this situation.  If an employee is paid on production but is an employee and not an IC, if she lives in Washington or another state where minimum wage is higher than what she is producing, how does an MTSO handle this? ...

Using The Little Search Button Above, Type In The Date 2015-03-05 And Find The Post
Apr 01, 2015

The text of this post explains why it is never, ever, ever safe to utilize the email function associated with this board. Nuance really wishes this truth-telling forum would just go away, but all they are really capable of doing is blocking your computer's access to it. And yes, they do it even on computers that you personally own, not just the ones they provide. Their favorite ploy is to come on here posing as a very helpful MT and innocently suggesting, "I'm not really comfortable po ...

Pulmo: S/l "Pee Paul El Larry V" Ventilator With
Apr 21, 2010

ventilator in AC mode, rate of 20, FiO2 of 35%, tidal volume 650, PEEP of 5. ...

LOL! I Just Heard March 31, 2015 Is "Quit Your Crappy Job" Day!
Dec 03, 2014

I'm not even kidding ... there is actually a "day" for quitting our crappy job.  Here's our chance, guys! ...

Google Ads
Nov 04, 2009

I'm getting very irritated.  Every time I try to reply to a post, the stupid Google Ad line with MT and transcribe links is right in the middle of the message area and I can't see what I type.  Has anybody else had this problem and how did you fix it?  The only time this doesn't appear is when I post a new message.  ...

Google Help
Apr 26, 2010

I've managed to somehow screw up Google.  It used to auto-complete as I entered what I was looking for, and suddenly that's gone.  I didn't realize how much I depended on that feature.  Any suggestions?  ...

Google
Jan 20, 2011

Have you ever seen those crime/murder mystery shows where the FBI confiscate the suspect's computer to see what they were doing the days, weeks and months before the murder?  I don't know about you, but I would have a LOT of explaining to do if that was me.  When I'm at work, I have done some Google searches that would really raise some eyebrows if I was accused of something sinister.  ...

What's Up With Google?
May 28, 2012

Has anyone gotten a pop-up when opening Google asking if you want to only view secure websites.  This is a first for me. ...

Google MT
May 06, 2014

Does anyone know what happened to Google MT?  Right now all I get are ads when I search.  I rely heavily on this site and will miss it if truly gone.  ...

Does Anyone Else Hate The New Way Google Is Set Up
Sep 09, 2010

I've been trying to get used to it for awhile now but I just hate it.  It's got a column to the left with the same buttons on the top.  I just absolutely hate the new way they have it set up with all my search results being pushed to the middle of my screen.  I'm looking for a different search engine now.  I don't care for dogpile.  I got onto Bling (?) once but it's looks like google.  When something works why can't they leave things a ...

Whats Up With Google Lately?
Sep 28, 2010

Is is just me (virus, perhaps?), or has anyone else noted a sudden change in the way Google searches for things lately? In the past week or so, when I type in something to look up with Google, I keep getting "redirected" to another search page.  Worse, it's usually a page that doesn't have clear search options.  I had this happen just now when I Googled the name of a hospital so I could go to its homepage, pull up "Find a Physician", and verify the spelling of a physician&# ...

What Happened To The Old Google?
Oct 15, 2010

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the quotes and wildcard search don't seem to be working with Google anymore, or at least not as well as it used to before? Anyone else noticed this? Also, what's with the new layout? Anyone miss the old Google? ...

Does Anyone Use Google Chrome?
Jan 16, 2012

I hesistated to download it because at first there were a lot of bugs in it.  How does it work now?  Like it better than plain Google?  Thanks! ...

Are You On Facebook Or Google+?
Feb 08, 2012

I haven't signed up for either one yet (yes, I know what a dinosaur I am, Brianasaurus timidus). My questions are: 1.  If you're on both, is one better than the other?  I've heard Google+ is better, having learned from all the mistakes Facebook has made. 2.  Do you have any secrets for setting up your privacy settings, etc. so that YOU, and not someone else, controls what gets seen, and by whom? Really looking forward to your answers because I'd like to get ...

Is Anyone Having Problems With Google.com
Mar 12, 2012

I can get to google.com but when I put something in the box it does not budge.  Anyone else having this problem.   ...

Google Bar Question
May 09, 2014

Okay, a funny thing happened. I've lost my white Google field at the top of my screen. My Google toolbar IS enabled. I have disabled it, then re-enabled it just to see what would happen and I still have no Google search option at the top of my screen. The area is there, but there's no Google name or white Google field, just blank with a little x there. When I hit the x, it gives me the option of disabling. My husband and I share this computer, and he has a separate profile, and ther ...

Trouble With Google?
Nov 25, 2014

Anyone having trouble with Google searches from your document and Control+P function? ...

Help Please - I Switched To That New Google Browser
Oct 18, 2009

and now when I try to bring up statistics using F9 in Docuscribe, I get an error message.  I'm not too computer savvy, but I'm sure it must be the new browser.  Other weird things happened too, like I can't read the posts here (Luckily I didn't get rid of my old browser so I am using it now).  Other than that problem though, Google Chrome browser is better and faster than the old one I was using (Avant), but if it doesn't work well in DQS, I'll have t ...

PogoFrog Vs. Google/Bing
Mar 10, 2010

To all of you who google.  PogoFrog is a medical site and it works like google, but not as cumbersome as it is all medical.  I find it invaluable.  If you are tired of looking up things that are not in Stedman's any longer and tired of rummaging through google, please give PogoFrog a try.  We need all the help we can get and quickly.  ...

I Heart Google Drugs
Jun 30, 2010

In the last few weeks Google has this new feature. You type in the name of a drug (generic or brand name) and the first result that comes down is from www.nlm.nih.gov and it looks different than the rest of the links. It has the generic and brand name, a short discription of what it does and how to take it, and includes links for further information. It has a little picture of a pill on it so it is easily seen and recognized. This is so much better than scrolling down through the links to find o ...

Surbridement? Pronounced Very Clearly, But Google Has Not
May 20, 2010

The sentence is "We did start her on Collagenase Sanyl to the necrotic tissue after sharp s/l surbridement.  If that's a word, why is it not used to where google would hear of it?  Has anyone heard of it? ...

Google Auto-fill
Jun 03, 2010

My Google auto-fill has suddenly stopped working.  It's making me nuts.  Anyone know how to fix it? ...