A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I heart Google drugs - mtlive

Posted: Jun 30, 2010

In the last few weeks Google has this new feature. You type in the name of a drug (generic or brand name) and the first result that comes down is from www.nlm.nih.gov and it looks different than the rest of the links. It has the generic and brand name, a short discription of what it does and how to take it, and includes links for further information. It has a little picture of a pill on it so it is easily seen and recognized. This is so much better than scrolling down through the links to find one that looked repuitable, and sometimes you just weren't sure you were finding the correct spelling, or if an unknown drug was a generic or brand name since everybody on the internet likes to spell generics with capital letters! ;-)

Just thought I would share for those who use your drug books more often than online, Google just made it a little bit easier and faster to find and confirm drug names.

Google drugs - MT130

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the tip - I just tried it and that is way too cool and quick!

I tried this and did not see this link - I use google always

[ In Reply To ..]
I used regular google which I like because it has the built-in feature where if you spelling a drug and not sure of the spelling, it brings up options. Is there another google just for medical? I had that link once before but it did not offer the drop-down menu when you are typing a drug. If there is another link could you provide that for me. I even googled google medication and still did not find this link. Thanks in advance.

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en - Me

[ In Reply To ..]

I'm sorry, I'll clarify - mtlive

[ In Reply To ..]
It is just regular google. It made up that name just to post here, it's not "official"

When you go to regular www.google.com and type in any drug name you will see what I mean.

thank you... it worked sometimes but not always - that the site came up

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you though. I couldn't live without google and there is one other drug site that I also use and I almost always find what I am looking for.

I once was banned because I typed a link of something trying to help someone out and I was banned from the site. I had no idea that we could do that? I thought we were here trying to help one another. I have found lots of helpful information here with just reading and hesitating to post much anymore. Thanks again!

Similar Messages:

Need Hlp With Two Drugs Pla
Jul 16, 2012

Drug sl Di clan or can  for emesis, and second drug is me cal fun gan... ty.... ...

Drugs And More Drugs
Jan 12, 2014

Doctor said:  The patient said she has not used drugs for two months but took a couple of mollies a couple weeks ago.  ? Am I missing something?   ...

Drugs
Apr 01, 2015

The patient has diabetes she is on Levemir 16 units and "Victresa" 0.8 mg sub daily. Thanks  ...

Drugs...generic Or Not?
Dec 20, 2010

Ive asked QA this five times to no avail.  Truth is, I'm still not sure why SpellCheck doesn't cover this.  How do we know when I drug has switched over and is now generic and no longer requires capitalization?? I used to depend on Google (at the bottom of the page whether it is capped or not) but QA has bit me a couple times on this and for the life of me, even after researching, cannot find a 100% reliable answer to this question.  As always, thanks in advance! ...

Message From Drugs.com
Aug 08, 2012

There have been reports that the Drugs.com website is infectiing users with a virus. This is not correct. Back in June we identified a rouge advertisement that was being swapped out infrequently in place of a genuine ad. This ad launched a false virus threat message and directed the user to a website to pay to have the virus removed. The ad was removed and we have banned the network that supplied the ad. We have had no further issues since then. You can confirm that the website is safe by chec ...

Cancer Drugs (sm)
Apr 18, 2014

I'm looking for a listing of cancer drugs, approved and in trials, that has the correct case (generic and brand name).  FDA.gov is a good one but that includes all drugs and I was hoping to find a list of just cancer drugs. Any suggestions?   ...

Capitalization On Drugs
Nov 24, 2014

Seems like at one time I saw where QA/QC was no longer counting off if you accidentally (or through ignorance) capitalized a generic, but that if you did NOT capitalize a name brand it was an error. Am I crazy, or can someone tell me where to find this? ...

S/l Anoxapres Nothing Found At Drugs.com
Jan 19, 2011

thanks ...

Drugs S/l Acyclovate Or Esicorvate? Sm
Oct 29, 2013

looking at possible Aclovate, but not what dictator is saying.  Pt has hypertension, hyperlipidemia, PVD and CAD.  Nothing mentioned about any skin condition, so doubt Aclovate.  Help please? anyone? Thanks ...

Way To Search For Drugs By Dosage Only?
Nov 11, 2013

Sometimes all you have is a list of medications and no context as to what they are for.  Is there a place to search by dosage when that is all you can make out?  I have one now that s/l edaquine 25 mg daily.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Have A Good Resource For HIV/AIDS Drugs?
Apr 26, 2014

xx ...

Is There Any Site That Lists Generic Vs Brand Name Drugs?
Nov 07, 2009

nm ...

Hints For Brand Names Vs Generic Drugs
Aug 11, 2011

I was hoping some more experienced MTs could help me with something.  I am struggling with remembering which are brand names and which are generics (so I know to cap them or not).  Is there some trick to this? A website that can quickly (and obviously) tell you?  Perhaps some software you all have? Please, it is driving me crazy and my quality is suffering :(  ...

Do You Capitalize Illegal Drugs Such As Cocaine, Heroin, Etc?
Dec 08, 2011

or do you leave them in lower case.  I know you capitalized brand names and lower case on generics, but what about street drugs, always wondered that?  TIA ...

Google Ads
Nov 04, 2009

I'm getting very irritated.  Every time I try to reply to a post, the stupid Google Ad line with MT and transcribe links is right in the middle of the message area and I can't see what I type.  Has anybody else had this problem and how did you fix it?  The only time this doesn't appear is when I post a new message.  ...

Google Help
Apr 26, 2010

I've managed to somehow screw up Google.  It used to auto-complete as I entered what I was looking for, and suddenly that's gone.  I didn't realize how much I depended on that feature.  Any suggestions?  ...

Google
Jan 20, 2011

Have you ever seen those crime/murder mystery shows where the FBI confiscate the suspect's computer to see what they were doing the days, weeks and months before the murder?  I don't know about you, but I would have a LOT of explaining to do if that was me.  When I'm at work, I have done some Google searches that would really raise some eyebrows if I was accused of something sinister.  ...

What's Up With Google?
May 28, 2012

Has anyone gotten a pop-up when opening Google asking if you want to only view secure websites.  This is a first for me. ...

Google MT
May 06, 2014

Does anyone know what happened to Google MT?  Right now all I get are ads when I search.  I rely heavily on this site and will miss it if truly gone.  ...

Does Anyone Else Hate The New Way Google Is Set Up
Sep 09, 2010

I've been trying to get used to it for awhile now but I just hate it.  It's got a column to the left with the same buttons on the top.  I just absolutely hate the new way they have it set up with all my search results being pushed to the middle of my screen.  I'm looking for a different search engine now.  I don't care for dogpile.  I got onto Bling (?) once but it's looks like google.  When something works why can't they leave things a ...

Whats Up With Google Lately?
Sep 28, 2010

Is is just me (virus, perhaps?), or has anyone else noted a sudden change in the way Google searches for things lately? In the past week or so, when I type in something to look up with Google, I keep getting "redirected" to another search page.  Worse, it's usually a page that doesn't have clear search options.  I had this happen just now when I Googled the name of a hospital so I could go to its homepage, pull up "Find a Physician", and verify the spelling of a physician&# ...

What Happened To The Old Google?
Oct 15, 2010

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the quotes and wildcard search don't seem to be working with Google anymore, or at least not as well as it used to before? Anyone else noticed this? Also, what's with the new layout? Anyone miss the old Google? ...

Does Anyone Use Google Chrome?
Jan 16, 2012

I hesistated to download it because at first there were a lot of bugs in it.  How does it work now?  Like it better than plain Google?  Thanks! ...

Are You On Facebook Or Google+?
Feb 08, 2012

I haven't signed up for either one yet (yes, I know what a dinosaur I am, Brianasaurus timidus). My questions are: 1.  If you're on both, is one better than the other?  I've heard Google+ is better, having learned from all the mistakes Facebook has made. 2.  Do you have any secrets for setting up your privacy settings, etc. so that YOU, and not someone else, controls what gets seen, and by whom? Really looking forward to your answers because I'd like to get ...

Is Anyone Having Problems With Google.com
Mar 12, 2012

I can get to google.com but when I put something in the box it does not budge.  Anyone else having this problem.   ...

Google Bar Question
May 09, 2014

Okay, a funny thing happened. I've lost my white Google field at the top of my screen. My Google toolbar IS enabled. I have disabled it, then re-enabled it just to see what would happen and I still have no Google search option at the top of my screen. The area is there, but there's no Google name or white Google field, just blank with a little x there. When I hit the x, it gives me the option of disabling. My husband and I share this computer, and he has a separate profile, and ther ...

Trouble With Google?
Nov 25, 2014

Anyone having trouble with Google searches from your document and Control+P function? ...

Help Please - I Switched To That New Google Browser
Oct 18, 2009

and now when I try to bring up statistics using F9 in Docuscribe, I get an error message.  I'm not too computer savvy, but I'm sure it must be the new browser.  Other weird things happened too, like I can't read the posts here (Luckily I didn't get rid of my old browser so I am using it now).  Other than that problem though, Google Chrome browser is better and faster than the old one I was using (Avant), but if it doesn't work well in DQS, I'll have t ...

PogoFrog Vs. Google/Bing
Mar 10, 2010

To all of you who google.  PogoFrog is a medical site and it works like google, but not as cumbersome as it is all medical.  I find it invaluable.  If you are tired of looking up things that are not in Stedman's any longer and tired of rummaging through google, please give PogoFrog a try.  We need all the help we can get and quickly.  ...

Surbridement? Pronounced Very Clearly, But Google Has Not
May 20, 2010

The sentence is "We did start her on Collagenase Sanyl to the necrotic tissue after sharp s/l surbridement.  If that's a word, why is it not used to where google would hear of it?  Has anyone heard of it? ...