A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Good one Fiesa! - burnedoutco

Posted: Jul 28, 2013

I just got a 91% score on an otherwise perfect report (because it was a short one) for putting "tonsillectomy" instead of "a tonsillectomy."  Some ask why we stay with these companies.  My reason is that I can retire in less than a year and I don't feel like learning a new job so I can sort of laugh at the craziness.  Still get frustrated though.  Also Nuance is the only company I know of where you can work 20 hours a week and not in the middle of the night.  There, I have said something positive about Nuance.   Though really if you are a good company, do you want a bunch of people working for you for the least hours possible who just don't care, though I think we all care about putting out a correct report for the patient's sake.  Some of the grammar corrections that are made by these foreign QCs are just laughable, and I am just sorry the changes are on a report with my name on it.  Yes, before people get up in arms, ALL my grammar corrections are from foreign QCs.  Sorry, that is just the way it is. 

Fiesa is a health hazard...sm - LovemT

[ In Reply To ..]
not only for the patient (my QA post audit is done only by offshore too)after some of their ridiculous corrections, but also for those of us who are "corrected" by people in another country with less experience and less skills than a lot of us who have been doing this for a lifetime.

It's a health hazard for me because it makes my blood pressure go up, makes me horribly mad, and then it makes me depressed.... So, I quit looking at the post-audit scores... They're pointless and stupid, and they are not worth my valuable time or effort. At this point in the game, I simply do not care about QA or scores.

I figure that they can't "make" me go into Fiesa and review all that stupid crap ON MY OWN TIME, so I'm just not going to do it. If I'm lucky, maybe they'll lay me off. If I'm not lucky, then I'll just bide my time for the next 6 to 7 months and then I'm out of here for good. And THAT is the only positive thing I can say about my job at the moment. :)

I know quite a lot about India. You know, only the highest - castes learn English as youngsters. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Every person in India grows up speaking their local dialect of Hindi except South India, who don't speak Hindi at all, but they do speak their own local languages such as Tamil (and many others). But only the high caste learns to speak English as small children and the percentage of the population that is Brahman is minute, a fraction of India. The rest of the castes may not even learn English until middle school age or high school or even finally into adulthood. So if we are talking about India, there is is a HUGE chance that someone who learned to speak English as a 15-year-old is correcting your reports, Americans. I'm not even involved in this and I'm insulted. My dear Indian friend (who is the highest caste and American Ivy League educated), would be disgusted. He is from one of the best, most educated states of South India and he would tell you that when he visits, he won't encounter anyone speaking great English unless he visits his expat European friends there. Almost no one in India speaks better English than an American.

My post said nothing about India's English speaking skills, so... - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Allow me to repeat myself. I am insulted by the fact that there are people from India auditing my work who obviously have less skill and are less experienced than I am. It's very obvious that they lack grammar skills when I transcribe a report and correct incorrect grammar used by the dictating physician (which we are allowed to do on my account) and the post-audit report has been changed back to the INCORRECT grammar. To add insult to injury, AFTER they change the report with MY initials on it to incorrect grammar, they then deduct points for every instance and I am the one essentially paying for their lack of experience and skill.

There's a huge difference between your description of your friend and his level of education and my experience with the offshore QA staff audting my work. It has nothing to do with speaking the language fluently.

So if you really want to talk about being insulted, just think about how insulted I am and how apalled I am with my finished document and how it reflects my experience and expertise AFTER offshore QA has "corrected" it.

Good one FIESA - peaceout

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess we are all in the same boat!

Wait, Nuance has foreigners doing QC? What country? - I cannot believe this. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Foreigners doing QC - burnedoutco

[ In Reply To ..]
Believe it! I know India but not sure what other countries. Definitely India though.

Get ready for the Philippines - they're next - Lisa

[ In Reply To ..]
You ain't seen nothing yet...
And then China - the pièce de résistance! - MTBankAccount
[ In Reply To ..]

Good one FIESA - peaceout

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been doing this job for over 17 years now, have never in my life had such bad audits as in the past two weeks, I cannot even sleep at night. They keep switching my accounts due to no work and then audit me every single night. My TL has been on vacation so I cannot even dispute them. I do not understand what this company wants from us...

A good part - mt42long

[ In Reply To ..]
of the reason I am leaving. I've been transcribing for 38 years, always had 100% audit scores where I have worked before. The rules change so much here it is pitiful. I was told if you miss an a/an you would not be deducted. Also told that punctuation can be noted but not deducted from score - both of these have happened to me. We don't get paid for looking at FIESA, and all it does is raise my BP, so I'm moving on where my skills are appreciated with twice the money I make here! My BP will be thanking me.

not only that, - but

[ In Reply To ..]
while making us look bad, they make themselves look bad. If we all get bad scores (and OMG, like you I NEVER had scores like this in 30 years), the aggregate score is bad and the clients must think whaaaat? These people can't get the job done! hehehehe

It's pure insanity on Nuance's part. Are they - trying to lose all of their Accts?

[ In Reply To ..]
The client gets a report on the QA scores. They are giving bonuses to create errors that have never in the history of the business been counted as errors. It's suicide by QA.

They want your SOUL baby...they want your SOUL. - All of it. no message

[ In Reply To ..]
no message

Similar Messages:

FIESA Feedback Good For A Change
Dec 28, 2012

Starting off good today so far!!  Had 100% accuracy on my FIESA post audit - They haven't been doing much auditing but so far so good.  Going to go into today with a good attitude - Was amazed at all the work I had yesterday.  Really thought I would be sweating it but not so bad ...

Fiesa Makes Me Paranoid, For A Good Reason.
Oct 10, 2013

There is a doctor who in almost every report has at least one discrepancy and made a really glaring one and I carefully flagged it with my concern (obviously wrong medication).   The QC came back with a "major error" failure to flag.  Well I knew without a doubt I had flagged it and I was later proved correct by my supervisor.  Why would she do that?  Did she think I wouldn't notice?  Then I saw that it was the same QC that oftentimes p ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

FIESA???
Apr 20, 2012

Can you tell me what this stands for? ...

Fiesa BS
Jul 26, 2012

How frigging nitpicky can they be???? Whatever it takes to keep you below 99%.  If they can keep you below 98 you will feel your job is in danger and be ever so grateful to continue employment with this fantastic family-friendly company . (Gag, puke).  Wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong format -- okay.  But REALLY!!!   ...

Why Did I Look At FIESA????
Aug 26, 2012

I knew I shouldn't have looked at my FIESA from Saturday but I did.  Majority are 100% so for that I am grateful but THEN there are the others where you are marked off for stuff that make no sense and then there are the stupid errors that I did and will own up to and wonder where my brain was when I was typing - I think my brain was so worried about being marked off for every little thing that I honestly can't concentrate sometimes like I need to. ...

FIESA...
Sep 14, 2012

I know we complain and complain about this on here and we fight and argue with the TLs about this...I was marked off half a point for EACH blank that I left on a dictation that the tape cut out.  The only explanation from QA was that "it was clearly understood".  I am just wondering how it was clearly understood.  I went back and listened to the tape and sure enough where I had blanks, the tape was cutting out.  So why am I being marked off for blanks.  Then on a few ot ...

How Do You Get To FIESA. Got A Log-in Name And
Dec 31, 2012

password, but no info as to where to sign in.   TIA! ...

FIESA B.S.
May 30, 2013

Okay, first quarter FIESA reviewed about 80 reports of mine and I actually got my incentive.  Now for this quarter, I am wavering on not getting my incentive with a 98.88 and for the past few weeks they have not reviewed a single one of my reports.  I smell something fishy.  This whole FIESA thing is to a) review enough reports a quarter so you fall below 99 and then b) if you are below 99, stop reviewing reports so you are stuck there with no chance to bring it up!  How fric ...

ANOTHER FIESA LIE
Jun 28, 2013

our post-audit reports are randomly pulled.  If you score high enough to get the bonus, your reports are gone through by the hatchet queens in India until they can find a report they can "audit" to bring you below 99%.  If you are kicked back to 98.99%, they still meet their contract requirements to the client, and Nuance does not have to pay you a bonus.  ...

Fiesa/QA/QC
Jul 22, 2013

I feel that all this crap is a plan to get rid of more US MTs.  They can show clients how our "Quality fails" and how they cannot get good help in the US and even the clients who want US workers will have to allow it to be shipped out.  JMO ...

Need FIESA Help - Sm
Sep 09, 2013

I almost always get my critical errors on one particular doctor who I think I understand and then it turns out I miss something.  I think there is a way to do a report on critical errors and see if I can trend the dictator but I can't figure out how.  Does anybody know?  And before you tell me to ask my TSM I did but as usual never got an answer. ...

FIESA AND QA- SM
Oct 08, 2013

Much as I dislike FIESA and all this QA, what I really hate is finding out I've been typing something WRONG for 30 years.  The only thing I can say for myself is some QA decades ago filled it in for me and I didn't look it up.  Been typing Campo's fascia instead of Camper's fascia. Took a 1-point post-audit hit on it, too.  Shakes me up, what else have I been doing wrong for 30 years?  And will it knock me out of bonus territory next quarter... ...

FIESA Again
Nov 22, 2013

I just got a post-audit review with 4 points deducted for 1 critical and 1 major error that were made by QA1 after I submitted a report with blanks by the dictator from hell. I'm so mad and all the things you can imagine, not to mention I'm sitting here bawling from total frustration. ...

FIESA IS DOWN, TOO
Dec 17, 2013

NM ...

FIESA (SM)
Mar 07, 2014

Was wondering if anyone has ever received FIESA feedback on reports that do not belong to you, i.e., you did not transcribe or edit the report?  ...

NOT LOOKING AT FIESA
Apr 01, 2014

I must admit, I never looked at FIESA, not only because it was depressing and humiliating, but its not the most user friendly site. My manager was constantly badgering me for not looking at it though and actually had me try to get on the other day when she called. How do other people get away with not looking at it? I wish I could get out of this company. It's depressing, demeaning and humiliating. ...

Take THAT Fiesa!
Apr 27, 2014

Just for "fun," I counted how many times I prevented a critical patient safety error today by catching the speaker saying the wrong age, gender, right vs. left, hyper versus hypo, you get the picture.  I quit counting at 8.  Never in my many years at Nuance have I made 8 CPSEs in 1 day.  So are we getting credit for the good work we do?  Not very likely. ...

Fiesa 98.7%....
Jul 08, 2014

Got a report back below 99%--Actually 98.7% with only 0.25 point reduction...for what?  Not typing DICTATION ENDS HERE on a report that only had part of the first sentence dictated....and I have to sign off that I reviewed this?  The report was sent to NHR for review with a note--INCOMPLETE DICTATION.  Okay, next time I type dictation ends here, but scoring this is ridiculous.  Why is this even an error--should have just been an  FYI--the report was never going to make i ...

Fiesa/QA
Jul 16, 2014

What happens to the QA person when they change a report that was not in a critical error to one that is and it was reversed?  ...

An Example Of How Fiesa Does Not Help
Jul 28, 2014

I was having a good day, until I went into Fiesa...I have decided that one particular dictator--who speaks what he probably considers fluent English (He is American), is going to review for every report because he is the one I get poor scores on... I am constantly guessing if he said "and" or "in" or "on," and I missed a period....he backtracks, leaves words out, stumbles, and CANNOT pronounce even the simpelist of medications...let alone spell them, he spells them wrong too, hard to even under ...

Is There A Way To Opt Out Of FIESA?
Sep 05, 2014

The more they ding me for stupid stuff, the more mistakes I make. I know their goal is to prevent us from getting the quarterly bonus and I've never been able to get it anyway, so why try? I am always above 99%, but just below 99.5%. It is destroying my confidence and my ability to concentrate. Does anyone know if we absolutely have to participate in this facet of Nuance Nonsense? ...

Is This New In Fiesa
Sep 26, 2014

Summary% of Reports Passed95.24% Found this in a box at the top of the page when checking my scores---is this new? I never saw it before.   ...

FIESA?
Nov 13, 2014

How often do you get reports in FIESA?  So far I just had one.  Ambulatory just started FIESA Monday.  I'm just wondering what to expect.  I still am not sure how the whole thing works.  ...

As Regards FIESA - I Just Had A Look In The
Apr 19, 2015

And there is nothing in there as regards FIESA at all. Nada. Zip. Go ahead, do a search. It's not even in there. I have to wonder where it is written that we comply with FIESA and what the consequences are when we don't, except for emails and the shaming of the numbers of those who have not complied. I am really considering ignoring it completely. They never reverse any errors anymore, so why bother to waste the time, especially when it causes such an adverse effect on my mental heal ...

Grading With FIESA
May 08, 2012

Are there no B's given on this?  I have checked it each day since I started (which was just a few days ago).  I either have A's or C's (with a percentage of 97 or 98%).  Today I typed 27 reports and got 100% accuracy on 25 of those and 2 that had C's but my overall grade was a C!!!  What am I missing.  Since I am technically still on 90 day "probation" it worries me.  I am typing well over the line count required and have made no "major" mistakes ...