A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Compensation letter? - I want one

Posted: Dec 12, 2012

I've seen a couple of folks post on here about getting a compensation letter but I've gotten nothing other than the info they presented at the meeting yesterday.  Did they e-mail this or snail mail it?  

They e-mailed it, but I think not everyone gets one. sm - depressed

[ In Reply To ..]
I think just those of us that were adversely affected got one because Nuance is going to make up our pay difference for 3 months to give us time to either bring our production up to the level where we don't take a cut (impossible) or to make other financial arrangements so that we're suddenly not out hundreds of dollars a month effective immediately. The letter just stated how much extra they would be paying us for those 6 paychecks.

If there is no change in your compensation, you won't get the letter. - ANONY

[ In Reply To ..]
In the meeting it said anyone who was impacted by the changes would get a letter, not everyone.

my base pay isn't changing, but got a letter.. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
only incentives are changing for me, not base pay, but got a letter saying $28/ pay period...

I didn't get one either and I'm taking a cut. nm - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Compensation
May 19, 2013

One company lists compensation as:  "$1.06 per dictated minute & up depending on acute experience and operative report experience.." I've always been paid per line and am not familiar at all with this form of compensation..  Does anyone have any experience with this, and does it sounds okay?  It's an IC position.  Thanks. ...

New Compensation
Oct 26, 2014

I wonder if the new compensation is that they are making us all independent contractors.  What a hoot that would be.. ...

PTO Under New Compensation
Dec 31, 2014

Hello.  I have requested and been approved for some PTO hours for Christmas Eve.  On the time log I just approved, it shows the hours but does not show a monetary figure for them.  Could anyone tell me how they calculate that? Thanks! ...

Worker's Compensation Through MQ
Apr 01, 2010

What company do we file through?  Any info appreciated, TIA. ...

M*Modal And Compensation
Aug 26, 2011

Does anyone know how an MT is compensated when they begin using M*Modal and basically editing?  If paid by the line, if M*Modal creates a report consiisting of 75 lines, and you edit a few lines here and there, are you paid for the entire report (the full 75 lines) or just paid for what lines you edit?  ...

Sten-Tel - Can You Believe This Compensation?
Mar 13, 2012

Sten-Tel has add on MTJobs.  Can you believe this compensation?  I hope they have NO replies.  " Starting rate ranges: 5–6 cents per transcribed line; 2-3 cents per edited line." ...

Nuance Compensation ????
Jul 16, 2012

No one ever said for sure if this compensation had been to offset insurance costs, MUP or whatever?  I didn't get it and am curious why it was not across the board.   They may have been caught with their pants down on this one. ...

Coding Compensation
Oct 11, 2012

I am an MT of 20 years and 2 companies in this year alone have skimmed lines from me, albeit 1 company paid up and now am waiting on the other before I quit. I want to get out of MT and see that others have made the transition. How are at home coders compensated? MTs are paid by the line and just curious as to how coders are paid.   Thank you. Hope you are enjoying your fall where ever you may be! ...

Compensation - For Transcenders
Dec 16, 2012

As you transition to Nuance, you will have training jobs going to QC.  This will count against your QC percentage and affect your ability to earn any increased increment in line rate based on your quality.  Please plan ahead carefully for a much lower paycheck and look for another job as hard as you can.  Advise all would-be MTs to look into coding or some other profession entirely.  MTs are living at poverty levels these days and we have to get the word out.  With VR ca ...

MT Compensation By MModal.
Jan 04, 2013

http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/ Please remember this – your company is paid for its OUTPUT, not for that high percent gain! This industry has seen an alarming increase in MTs who are not interested in transcription as a full-time career. What is happening to the career MT? How will the profession attract the quality-minded, dedicated professional if MTs can’t make any money? It won’t – it will attract the person interested in making a bit of ex ...

Here's A Article About Compensation
Mar 11, 2013

Here’s an article by For the Record magazine that is worth reading. Sometimes, their articles are a lot of fluff, AHDI stressing we need them, or words just filling a page, but this one affirms what we have all known for a very long time.   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/091012p22.shtml Interesting what is written about the Transcend lawsuit too. What can we do? At the end of the article, it mentions “MTs need to work with their employers to develop a fair compensat ...

California NJA Compensation
Aug 07, 2013

To whoever it was that said they are compensated for NJA in California, can you give me some more info on how you found out about CA compensation for NJA?  Did your TSM or HR confirm?  How exactly do you enter it in Teamwork?  I am also a California MT with NJA almost every day.  Thanks. ...

Compensation Question
Sep 21, 2013

I work from home for a small hospital. I pull up the patient's account and place the reports into it. Most of my doctors are so great and give me the account number or patient information. However, I have one doctor who is bad about not giving me any information to find the account. I spend more time trying to find his patient's accounts than actually transcribing his reports. I am wondering how I can ask for compensation for this. I make .15 cents per 65 characters. Does anyone make e ...

Nuance CEO Compensation...
May 05, 2014

Saw this today. Apparently CEO of Nuance, Paul Ricci, made around $29 million last year. Makes me sick that when I was there I was barely making minimum wage after being an MT for 15 years. The article talks about how he was compensated too much even though stocks were dropping. I think the more important point is how the MTs have been treated. THAT never reaches the article of course.    http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/04/28/nuance-ceo-paul-ricci-tops-pay-among-massachusett ...

Nuance Compensation
Jul 30, 2014

Any Nuance employees have any idea what the new compensation plan is going to be? ...

Wages And Compensation
Aug 07, 2014

I came into this field long after the precedent was set on pay.  I knew coming into this that the average wage ran from 6 cpl to 10 cpl, with most jobs hovering around 7 to 8 cpl.  What I didn't account for was that in more than 10 or 15 years, we'd still be at that rate.  Not only has our wage not gone up in over a decade, even with cost of living increases, but that when they came out with speech recognition, someone thought, "Well, it's doing half the work, so y ...

Compensation Question-- SS
Sep 17, 2014

Does softscript pay you the difference in ur pay check if you dont make minimum wage? I know nuance did.  ...

Something To Think About Regarding Unemployment Compensation
Sep 30, 2014

I found this interesting and just wanted to pass this information along.  Unemployment compensation if you are either terminated or laid off, is not necessarily "a given."  I was laid off one employee position at the beginning of July and terminated from an employee positon the beginning of August.  The company I was laid off from, I was only with for a short period of time, and they lost the account.  The second positon, I was with then company for 3 months, and could not me ...

New Pay Compensation Plan..sm
Oct 14, 2014

Can someone please explain to me this new email we all got this afternoon about the new pay compensation plan rolling out in December? Can anyone explain it a bit more in detail. Sounds like our pay will not be the same amount anymore as in no more cpl that we were used to? Sounded like to me it will be based on quality and working weekends/nights, etc. Is this something good? Email wasn't in detail too much and a little hard to read. I dont have time to go through it right now. Thanks! ...

New Pay Compensation Plan
Dec 01, 2014

Since 2012, when Nuance "officially" took over the company I was with, they following has been very consistent. 1) Cut pay, then offer some type of carrot (incentive, bonus) to help us "make up" the loss in line rate. QA us to death for any little error, calll it a major error or a critical error to lower our quality score so that we cannot make 'incentive' or 'bonus.' If we do re-read the reports in order to bring quality scores up, our lines go down, and then it is a sum z ...

Did Do Our New Compensation Plan?
Dec 14, 2014

This morning I checked my work email, as I have been off the last few days.  I found a new email titled "Update to 2015 Patient Safety Compensation Plan for the Bayscribe Platform."   They have decided now that after you figure your C-LPM, anyone straight typing in Bayscribe will need to apply a platform factor of 0.88, in other words, subtract 12% of your lines.  Their example was if you type 1000 lines, multiple x 0.88 and you will only get credit for 880 lin ...

New Compensation Plan
Dec 31, 2014

Okay, so i wanted to give the old school girl try, ya know?  This was the first check I could really see how this is going to work.  Keeping in mind that over the Christmas week, most of my regular docs were off, and I had accounts that I had never done before, and most, were sitting there for a reason.  After sitting for hours on end reviewing old note after old note to get the best quality for these unknown and often difficult providers, I was actually pretty proud of having only sent notes ...

New Compensation Plan - AGAIN?!?!?!?!?
Mar 18, 2015

I am about ready to cry.  After finally becoming accustomed to the "new and exciting" compensation plan and realizing that my salary had actually increased by several hundred dollars per paycheck, am I really reading this email correctly when I see that NUANCE is actually CHANGING the friggin compensation plan again at the end of this month for Bayscribe MLS?!?!?!?  And now my line rate is going down to about 0.0800?!?!?!?  This is lower than what I was hired at over a year ago?!& ...

Compensation Changes/Inscribe?
Mar 19, 2015

Has anyone heard of a change in the compensation plan on Inscribe platform?  I am this close to just quitting.  I do not know how they can possibly do this to everyone. ...

NEW QC Compensation Plan
May 06, 2015

They have rolled out the new QC compensation plan.  It appeared in Enrich today.  We are now screwed just as badly as everyone else.   ...

How Is This Compensation? $ 10.-- For 15 Min Sound, Transcribing?
Jun 25, 2010

nm ...

Workman's Compensation Claim
Jul 14, 2010

Anyone ever filed a claim against MQ?  I don't even know how to go about it? Any help ...

Transcend Compensation According To Their Website
May 26, 2011

I thought I was working for Transcend already until I happened to look at their Career page today.  It says they offer CPL based on experience and work types transcribed, Mon-Fri positions with rotating weekends, and shift differentials.  I've been there for three years now, have never had a raise, make as much as the next person, and work 2nd and occasionally 3rd shift, but have never received a differential.  Anyone else working for Transcend out there that doesn't rec ...

Do You Qualify For Unemployment Compensation?
Jan 12, 2012

The other day I was getting a bit nervous, so I checked - there's certain dollar amounts required over a certain time period, so this is something you might want to check into - I get the feeling the next couple of years might be a bumpy ride (bumpier ride) for a few of us, transitioning "out."  And I want out.  So the time to check into all this is well before you get laid off (if possible).  Or you have to quit, but are still eligible for unemployment because of the REASON ...