A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SICK of retranscribing whole SR dictations for HALF PAY!! - sm

Posted: Aug 01, 2012

Yeah, it came in like:

"Within the belfry San Francisco heated the tripod and pumpkin blazed with endometriosis...."

The WHOLE report didn't have three words consecutively that made the least bit of sense or had anything to do with what was dictated.

"Fix" it?  You gotta be kidding.  Wipe it out and transcribe as dictated, you mean.  Oh, and here's your half line rate, thanks!

You SR transcription companies MAKE ME SICK.

Amen - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Your example happens far too often. The quality of SR is abysmal.

I have also actually had SR documents come in with nothing transcribed but it had 10 minutes of dictation, which I had to then type at half line rate because it came in as an SR job.

Yes, I know, tell your TL. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Amen, tell your TL - mt20years

[ In Reply To ..]
My TL stays on vacation or "busy" or PTO all the time. If I CALL her and ask her a direct question, she never knows the answer and "will get back to me." She never gets back to me. HER PTO rate must be different than anybodys.

She don't care as long as the accounts are in TAT. I have the feeling that most TLs are that way. Makes me sick. She knows nothing about my job and if she had to do it, it would kill her. Having people SUCKING MONEY OUT OF ANY COMPANY for doing nothing cannot benefit the company. Why doesn't anybody see this?

Cadillac - Hahaha

[ In Reply To ..]
Well gee, I thought escription was the cadillac of voice recognition according to them?? LMAO! That's why they need us to correct these reports at poverty wage.

Me too - blue in the face

[ In Reply To ..]
I have put suggestions in the suggestion box that we need a way to be paid at our straight transcription rate for reports like these when we have to type the whole thing, emailed my manager, and even filled out tickets regarding this. No one has addressed this issue. Even at M-Modal they have the option to use F11 to change the report to a straight transcription report if the VR is nonexistent or abysmal. I addressed this issue on the production survey that we were recently given a link to. Another thing I hate is that certain doctors that always dictate just to insert a normal are put on ISR so we are paid half of what we are normally paid for doing this and there is nothing to "edit" at all in those dictations; they just want to cut our pay in half!

We all need to complain about the poor quality ISR and having to retype so much. We are not being compensated fairly in these situations, and they happen all too frequently.

I complained - about being paid

[ In Reply To ..]
VR rates when I had to retype entire report, and got a mocking response from mentor that I hadn't learned how to use all the commands yet. I quit. No one noticed for two weeks.

I have a new job, and for some strange reason more straight typing is coming in. What a difference in my ability to make a decent wage. With the VR, there really is no way to win.

Oh, yeah - the thing that's supposed to tell them what "tools" you're - using DOES NOT WORK. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It reports that I'm using NONE of the keystrokes etc that I AM USING.

This, of course, gives them an excuse to give you the response that you got - and the one EVERYONE gets: You're not using the shortcuts to maximize your speed on VR. (And incidentally some of those "shortcuts" SLOW YOU DOWN!)

I'll bet that's the same dictator I had about 1 month ago. s/m - nuancemt

[ In Reply To ..]
I could have thrown my computer out the window I was so mad. Not mad I had to actually type the entire job, but mad because I knew I was only going to get 4 cpl for it.

Next time I get that dictator, I will NOT do the job. I will upload it and get out of the program. I'll take a break and go back. By then, that job should be long gone.

Similar Messages:

How To You Transcribe This: Half 1% Lidocaine And Half Percent Marcaine.
Apr 22, 2010

x ...

Time And A Half Or Line And A Half Tomorrow
Jul 03, 2013

x ...

How Would You Type "half And Half 1% Lidocaine"
Oct 15, 2013

25 Second Dictations
Apr 13, 2010

For the past 2 days, I have been on an account with very short dictations - clinic notes that average between 7 and 30 lines.  I am making less than minimum wage - it takes a certain amount of time just to do the ADT info and of course they are all ESL doctors.  I don't have a primary and I certainly hope this account doesn't end up as my primary.  Anyone have any tips on how to make money on these short little dictations? ...

Dictations
Mar 19, 2014

Why is it that not taken into the equation of our pay is the fact that most residents, PAs, CNP, CNM, etc., do not pronunciate, have correct grammar, or the fact that they just don't dictate adequately in general?  I spend way too much time looking up, confirming, trying to figure out what they are saying as they laugh, slur, set the phone down under paperwork while flipping through charts and sign papers (can hear this often), or constantly move the phone around where all I hear is cr ...

Kids In Dictations
Oct 24, 2009

I just got done with a job where for the last minute the kid kept saying "daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daaaaaddddy, daaaddddy... etc" for literally over a minute.  He just kept on talking like it was nothing.  I on the other hand was telling the kid to be quiet!!!  Don't think he heard me! ...

Can't Understand Dictations
Jul 17, 2012

Hi! I am currently taking my MT final. My problem is, I am having LOTS of trouble understanding some of the dictations. Is there any tips/tricks to help understand some words that are dictated? Thanks! ...

Dictations With Templates
Jan 14, 2013

When you have a dictation with a template that you have to pull in and it is ASR (why they ASR this is beyond me) do you hit the F11 to clear it out since it takes longer to move junk around. ...

Recording Dictations
Aug 02, 2013

Seriously, I wonder if there is a way to record these dictations. I would LOVE to hear for myself the "errors" QA/QC are always finding and putting into Fiesa. The fact that we are not provided with proof of these "errors" really concerns me. Please Nuance bigwigs, prove to me that QA/QC isn't making things up or hearing things wrong. Really, are we to believe that we are the only ones making mistakes, that they always have perfect hearing? I want proof! ...

Partial Dictations
Jun 22, 2014

I think all dictations at Nuance should be partial dictation worktype. Wtih "partial dictations, you don't have to do as much checking of demographics, figuring out date of service and filling that in, etc., and not having to pend and leave comments so mcuh. I notice I'm about 75 lines faster an hour when it's partial dictations because there's less outside-the-report activity to be done. This is extra activity we dont' even get paid for. After all, MTs are only paid ...

Mistakes In Normal Dictations
Jan 20, 2010

At my company (a smaller one) there are a lot of mistakes in the normal dictations that the doctors request.  The way they are created in the first place is the transcriptionist types up the report and sends it to QA saying the doctor would like to use this in the future for his normal, but I don't think they get reviewed by QA.  I think they just get created the way they are.  So if it was a right eye, the word right is there all the way through it.  If a word is misspe ...

Sample Dictations In Neuroradiology
Feb 02, 2010

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/smd/Rad/ndictation.htm#MR_Brain   ...

What Is With These Doctors Who Just Slur Through Their Dictations?
Apr 17, 2012

Oh my gosh.  It's driving me crazy.  I end up making about 8 dollars an hour trying to interpret these jerks. Why can't they slow down and realize the quality of what they're doing? ...

Cell Phone Dictations
Dec 29, 2012

As long as you (doc) dictate on a cell phone, I PROMISE to leave blanks in your reports!!  RIDICULOUS!  This company does not pay us enuf to struggle through that crap.  Blankity, blank, blank, blank... ...

Can Barely Hear Dictations
May 08, 2013

As of yesterday, I can barely hear some of the dictations. Am I the only one? I hate it when I have to struggle to make out what in the hell some rapidly-speaking ESL doctor is saying! ...

Foreign Doctor Dictations
Aug 28, 2013

Is anyone else at Nuance getting foreign doctor dictations constantly during their shift? I do not mind doing a few at a time but having to do a full shift of foreign doctors is getting very trying. Thanks! ...

Almost All The Dictations Suck Today
Jan 15, 2014

What is going on?  So far, almost all of the reports I've received have been murky, fuzzy, hard-to-understand dictations, the kind where it sounds like they've been dictated under water.  I can take one now and then. but when it's one after the other, it starts to get annoying.  ...

Great Dictations Make Me Sad : (
Apr 16, 2014

Every time I get a stellar report I go through the mourning process, because I know if they're great for me I won't be getting them again.  Bummer! ...

Fuzzy Dictations Today - Am I The Only One?
Mar 11, 2015

Almost all the dictations are coming through so muffled, I can't tell "S" from "F" and not even sure I'm hearing TIA correctly, which you'd think would be obvious.  The dictators themselves are okay, but the quality of the sound is really bad. ...

Short Dictations = Minimum Wage
Jul 13, 2012

Worked as an IC 20+ years. Now having to work for a service. The account I do rarely has a dictation longer than one minute. It takes It takes a LOT longer to research, log demographics than it does to actually transcribe. At home I did 1200 to 1800 lines a day. With this account I can't even do one third of that! The doctors apparently have no idea that their MTs are in different parts of the US, that we have to research the spelling of doctor's names, counties, cities, faciliti ...

Listening To Old Dictations And Error Message?
Apr 01, 2013

I tried to go back and listen to a dictation that I got docked on in fiesa. I got an error message saying I needed Active-X which I installed, but still cannot get the audio to play. Any suggestions? is there someone I should contact about this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! ...

DQS Taking A LONG Time To Download Dictations?
Aug 02, 2010

Is anyone having problems with DQS taking a LONG time to download dictations?  This is ridiculous! ...

I Need A Secure FTP Site To Send Completed Dictations!
Jun 30, 2013

WOO HOO! I landed a private account. I have looked online to find a reliable FTP server or the like for sending the completed files back to the clinic. Would any of you be so kind to let me know of reliable ones that are inexpensive or free? I'd be forever grateful!! Cruisinlady ...

Help On Loading Dictations From Windows Media Player To Express Scribe
Jan 26, 2011

I could use some help on loading dictations from Windows Media Player to ES They say ( .wpl ) is not supported ...

0.5 Of 1% (or) One-half Of 1%.
Jun 10, 2011

Which is correct?   Thank you! ...

Pay Cut In Half?
Aug 26, 2013

With Fluency my pay will be cut in half - 4 cents now instead of 8 cents.......am scared to death. ...

1/2 Pin Or Half Pin??
Feb 20, 2015

A 2.7 mm ___ pin was placed in bicortical fashion. ...

Been Here Half A Year
Aug 18, 2011

Ive never not given a notice, but I interviewed today and might get the job. You all know the deal, I just can't afford to work here and they want to fill the position Im trying for immediately.  Do you think after only 6 months, I have to give them a notice?  If so, how much of one?  It feels so wrong to just up and quit, but I can't pay my bills!  Another 2 weeks, or even one just puts me further in the whole.  I made more on unemployment! ...

1 Little Job In Half An Hour
Jan 24, 2013

13 jobs in 2 days. Love it!  Make sure to put it in Remedy though so they can keep track and work later hours when jobs are there. Sorry, that's not an option for me.  ...

Anyone Want My Rad Work...i'll Pay U Half
Jan 28, 2013

Im loaded with work, over 400 jobs on the system and i just dont feel like doing it.  How's that....sell off my work hahaha, act like MModal and let someone else do it for "half".      ...