A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

100% 100% 100% 100% yet they keep testing me with those bogus reports/scripts - like I was a first day rookie.

Posted: Jan 16, 2015

I would so love to know  what this has cost them over the last 4 years of ridiculousness. I mean, really? They claim to want accuracy...check.  They claim to need employees that show up every day...check (despite major medical illnesses), and they say they want to be transparent in their pay plan/structures... 

Yet they consume mid management man-hours designing scripts for doctors to read with purposeful inconsistencies for us to catch so that we can be fiesa'd straight off the employment roster? Really? How idiotic can one company be? 

And let some employees cream off the top of the best reports while leaving everyone else with no way to earn but a minimum wage? Really?

I speak only for myself, but we disabled people COULD be the most loyal employees this company has, because in many ways we are STUCK with each other! Why do idiotic things to cause mistrust and anger? Just so stupid. (And costly). Totally unnecessary.

Interacting with these people reminds me of the Toastmaster International events where people practice and compete doing public speaking...my favorite event was the one where the totally unsuspecting audience was treated to a comedic presentation of every conceivable faux pas known to public speakers. We were howling about 4 minutes into it, after having caught on to the man's hoax. I mean it was just seamlessly flawed execution right.to.the.very.end.

Could you elaborate? What scripts? Is this a normal thing? - We all have such different experiences..

[ In Reply To ..]
My company was bought out so we were just transitioned in...no tests, etc. Is this scripted stuff something they do to newbies? Newbies...please post. Or is this something they do to disabled workers? That would be a big no-no !!! Is this something you have always had?

There are no scripts - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Definitely no scripts! Doctors have too much work to do - and that sounds very illegal anyway

[ In Reply To ..]
ssss

Seriously? I doubt this is happening. If you sincerely - feel it is then you need to report it to the

[ In Reply To ..]
appropriate agency in your state to investigate. I just really don't see it happening though.

This person has NO reason to make this up. - Nuance has every reason to deny it.

[ In Reply To ..]
...so tell me nay sayer...the doctors I have been typing almost a decade are now suddenly willing to jeopardize themselves with malpractice by inserting ridiculous errors into real patients' reports?

Their sudden collective idiocy did not just materialize out of nowhere.

Try harder than that, for heaven's sake!

conspiracy theorist - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously, you are delusional.

Have you ever thought of counseling? - RAD

[ In Reply To ..]
Kind of a scary disjointed rant and I dislike Nuance as much as you.

Well, I guess I might be up for a promotion that I did not - even apply for?

[ In Reply To ..]
...riiiiight. Now THAT would be a delusional thought.

Pay attention or not, but all those FIESA errors people swear up and down they did not make? I guess alot of us must be whacked.

Something I found very strange - Chavera

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a report where the last name was correct, but nothing else. Had I just taken a quick look at the patient's last name, I might not have noticed. I found that to be an amazing coincidence. If the company was doing this sort of thing as a "test", I am sure these reports could easily be flagged to come to QA before going to the customer. I don't know. Just seemed unusual.
Yes, documents are routed and rerouted with the switch of a pool. - Very easy to plug numbers in a keyboard.
[ In Reply To ..]
...our very lives and livelihoods are dependent upon the ethics of the people doing the switching, aren't they?

I suppose you believe in chemtrails too? - all too Boris and Natasha to me...

[ In Reply To ..]
xxoo

100%, 100% audited audited audited mistakes - rock bottom

[ In Reply To ..]
When you get audited a lot of all a sudden, it is not you, nor is it Nuance.

It is the time of the month that the account is getting audited, and if you did a lot of reports during that time, then a lot of your reports will get pulled. One month I had 32 reports in 1 week because that was the week the account was audited, and some people were off, leaving me doing a lot of the reports.

RE: Scripts. The dictators are making a lot of mistakes, they try to go from their own personal script, but they are also getting a lot of pressure to see more patients, document more things, counsel for obesity, drug use, tobacco use, etc., all the while the nurses are asking them questions, their phone is ringing, and they're already late for supper that they told their family this time they would definitely be there.

Blank it and move on.

No one has pulled your HRID and singled you out. Random things happen that don't look very random.

RE: I'm sure I changed that.

I have found that sometimes spellcheck does not save. I've proved it twice to myself, running a dry spell check, changing things in the spellcheck, then running another spell check, only to see that those things did not change.

Either wait for the auto-save (happens every minute on Enterprise) or run spell check twice. That's my only answer to this dilemma. Contacting IT, good luck.

Yep, patient's names and IDs get entered incorrectly. Watch it carefully. I check at the beginning and again at the end, knowing that I have in the remote past made those mistakes and do not ever intend to get a HIPAA again.

You missed the point altogether. Those are Post Audit scores, so - they are not coming all at once.

[ In Reply To ..]
...gheeez, people, do you REALLY think I would make stuff up like this if I thought for a minute I was being singled out? Get real. Take or leave it, no matter, but like allllll these other posts on this board that just have to be made up because they are toooo preposterous to be true...?

The gamesmanship by this company to rid themselves of "undesireables," before a selloff or buyout is not to be dismissed. Please do not assume either that one COM or ONE supervisor cannot single anyone out they choose. Flick of a switch, this pool. Flick again, none at all because it is now routed to someone else.

Good luck, y'all. Gather your own proof.
Post-audit scores - Loopy
[ In Reply To ..]
Clients have their own audits, so I could definitely see receiving so many at one time. Post-audit simply means after it has been sent to the client. Ever hear of JCAHO?

And "scripts"? LMAO I used to transcribe for a physician who fell asleep dictating mid OP report.

Your theories are entertaining though.

No, no, no, no. My scores have been 100% for 4 years now! - I mean, I really know these doctors.
[ In Reply To ..]
100% or so close to it I have managed to survive years of this lunacy...theories? Documented.

Similar Messages:

Running Scripts Error
Aug 05, 2012

??? While working in 7.0 I get a message almost daily of saying an error occurred while runniing scripts on this page and do I want to continue to do so?  Anyone else get this? I called x3 to support. The first 2 times they 'took over' my computer for hours and the third time the girl said just keep hitting a button that will allow you to go on!?! ...

Testing With "Live Reports"
Apr 02, 2014

Not sure if this should be posted here or on Main Board.  I sent a resume to an MT company.  They wrote me back to ask me when I'm available to test on 3 "live" reports." What exactly does this mean - that the reports are current and never transcribed?  Anyone know?  I'm hesitant to do this, but maybe  it is standard procedure?  Thanks for the feedback. ...

Bogus QA Processes
Feb 26, 2010

A little lesson here in statistics, probability and sampling that might surprise you, so stick with me like a mustard plaster. First, a couple of definitions: "Population" = all the things you want to measure, but can't measure directly, usually for practical reasons. The "population" of an MT's work in a month would consist of ALL the reports she transcribed. "Sample" = some subset of the population that you CAN measure in order to make a statistical inference about the popul ...

Bogus Jobs
Aug 24, 2010

Why do bogus companies have help wanted when they are not even a company?  I applied for some of these and there is no such thing of this company anywhere.  ...

Bogus QA Corrections?
Mar 20, 2013

Three or four times in the last two days I have gotten one of those unfriendly FIESA MAJOR ERROR alerts . . . only, that's not my work. I know without a single doubt that I did not make those errors, and seemingly some of these so called 'errors,' would have been flagged by spellcheck. What's up with that? Offering rebuttal in their comment section is pointless, it's just a waste of time since no one really reviews those or sends any feedback. I'm just f ...

Bogus Errors?
May 05, 2014

Has anybody ever had the experience on the EditScript or other platforms with Nuance where you got feedback from Fiesa saying you made errors you didn't make-text either inserted or left out?  I have been charged with CPSE and major errors with random words stuck in places where I know I would've seen and corrected it but when they check the draft it's showing that I missed it.  Maybe I'm going crazy but some of those errors I'm almost positive I didn't ma ...

MedServe Is A Bogus Company....
Jan 18, 2010

I tested with them and she basically said I had the job at 9 cpl, but now has disappeared.  There is no transcription company named MedServe in the United States that I can find. ******* What a waste.  Stay far, far away. ******* DISCLAIMER ***************** Postings of this nature are the poster's personal opinion should not be considered as substantiated by MTStars. Under no circumstances will MTStars be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user’s reliance on in ...

KForce Job Ad By 4C Strong Is Bogus
Mar 23, 2010

It takes you to an employment agency - do a search for medical transcription in all states and 0 results are found.  There is no such job as they said here.   ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Bogus E-mail From "Benefits"
May 23, 2013

anybody else get this? ...

Testing For MQ
Nov 20, 2009

It is truly laughable that MQ expects US MTs to jump through hoops, passing their tests, audits, trying to decipher absolute garbage and paying us like we were 6 month trainees, etc., and then have the audacity to send work to India.  I hope MQ gets its due for all the grief they have caused and their role in the demise of this industry!  If Verizon were to put them out of business, that would definitely be what they deserve. ...

FN Testing/ESL?
Dec 21, 2009

Does anyone work for FutureNet ?? Or worked there in the past on ESL accounts? How was the test?  How are the ESL accounts? Incredibly awful dictators??Thanks! ...

When Testing ....
Mar 17, 2010

How are you supposed to know whether to put the headings and text on the same line or put the text on the line under the heading, put a colon after heading or not put a colon?  They said they go by BOS, but all I see pertaining to that in the BOS is the sample reports where they put the text under the heading with no colons after the heading.  I guess I'll just do it that way.  ...

Lab Testing
Jun 23, 2010

Doctor says her MELD score is 29.  Her s/l madrete???? discriminant function is 85. ...

Osi Testing
Aug 24, 2010

Has anyone ever tested for OSI - I hear it is quite lengthy and indepth - almost more indepth than the CMT test - anyone know from experience ? ...

Testing At ROI
Mar 21, 2011

Has anyone ever taken the test with ROI? and if so, did you pass? WOW what a test! Does anyone else feel the same way? ...

Testing For A Job
Nov 29, 2011

Just wondering, in general, if there is a limit to take a transcription test for a company?  How long are you given to take the test? ...

MME Testing
Jan 14, 2013

Someone told me about testing for MME, but I can't find any info on portal or elsewhere.  Any information about that out there?  Thank you. ...

Testing?
May 03, 2013

What is the purpose of being asked to go into Enrich and take quizzes?  What are they trying to do here?  ...

Testing!!!
Jul 18, 2013

I am hoping someone can help me out with this question. I am a single mother with a 3 and 6 year old. I recently resigned from my job due to management. I also got accepted to school that starts in Aug. I have done medical transcription for over 4 years, but currently not the last two years. I was working for a corporation and management there were all for sabotaging people. Since I have left my job, I knew that I could always come back to transcribing. I am taking tests to only find out, I didn ...

Testing For A MT Job
Feb 07, 2014

How many of you think that testing to get an MT job absolutely ridiculous? When you apply to these so-called medical transcription companies, you send them your resume which I am sure highlights not only your experience, but also your education that you paid good money for and worked hard to obtain.  Yet, they still make you take a test.  Have you realized that the tests are designed for you to fail?    Your whole future is based on one test. Your experience and you ...

Testing For CCS
Feb 19, 2014

Hello, I am a former MT hoping to transition over into medical coding. I have been unemployed since 01/2014. I'm looking for someone that can help me out. I've researched AHIMAs website about the requirements for obtaining the CCS certification. My question is: Can I apply and take the CCS exam during my final class in coding? I have applied for my medical coding certificate and will complete class in 3 months. The website states the requirements are (completed) coursework or work e ...

Job Testing
May 27, 2015

Hi,  I have been with the same company since I started this type of work but need to go elsewhere now.  I have no idea what to expect with testing.  Can someone tell me what it's like?  TY  (I am nervous!) ...

TESTING
Jun 05, 2015

Why are the tests for some of these companies awful?  Pitiful platform, unable to use foot pedal, etc.  By the time you get the dang thing figured out your time is up.  I am just frustrated with the entire process......  I am going to apply at Wal-Mart! ...

Archivus Testing
Oct 12, 2009

I am struggling with the dictation on the archivus testing.  I could only do one report with no blanks, the others are really tough.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What should I do if I cannot finish the reports or have really too many blanks? ...

Orthopedic Testing
Nov 12, 2009

This surgeon dictates the same over and over in multiple reports, and I cannot understand what type of testing this is.  "s/l Manuar test reveals 5/5 strength in forward elevation, external rotation, internal rotation, and abduction." "s/l The remainder of Manuar assessment exam of left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength throughout all major muscle groups." I thought about the possibility of manual test, but that just does not sound like what he is saying.  Thanks so much! ...

MedQuist And Testing
Nov 18, 2009

Is anyone here familiar with MedQuist's pre-employment testing or their pre-employment process? Does anyone know how much they pay? Thanks!! ...

Testing And Tired :(
Nov 29, 2009

It is getting very hard to even find the energy to test anymore. I have tested till I am blue in the face and dont understand why it is so hard to get a job in this profession. I graduated top of my class with a 3.98 and you would think I would have had a job by now. I did not think it would be this hard to land a good job but wow this really is a hard profession to get started in. I seem to do well on the test and dictations but they always send me emails telling me they have already filled th ...