A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

fluency playback - true stuff

Posted: Nov 24, 2014

you know this accelerated playback thing we were told to disable?  anyone else experiencing that with this thing off it takes way longer to get through editing a job?  another way they've figured out how to get us to make less money?   dying here.  

i was reading some of the other posts where they were saying they used to get 50,000/year doing transcription.  Holy Moly!!  the most i ever got, after 20 years of employment at the same hospital was about $35,000.00.

and last year i think my income was close to $30,000. 

then along comes ASR, and i'm not sure if i made $20,000 this year.

some days i can't even motivate myself to start typing because it just seems like such a waste of time to even bother.

Back in the day - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
20 years ago..I would sit here, straight type, bopping along to my music and made 40K a year, not working hard at all BTW..Now I bust my tail, no music cause the quality is sooo bad, and I think I made 23K this year..I hate it, I just am stuck here for now.

why turn it off? - still typing

[ In Reply To ..]
that was one thing that actually helped with production. Do they have a good reason for wanting you to disable it? I think I might ignore that.

I don't work here anymore. I'm so glad.

IT messed it up bad. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
The accelerate audio setting is now causing dictation to be missed. Sometimes it accelerates through dictation such that you never hear it.

Now, without the acceleration, I get impatient and just speed up through the silence.

I am so tired of the IT screwing up the program and never fixing the mess they made.

Similar Messages:

First Day On DQS 7 - Playback Problem
Oct 15, 2012

At times, all of a sudden the playback will go back to the beginning. Very frustrating as I then have to find my place again. Is this is a problem for others - or am I accidentally hitting some key combination? ...

Very Weird .wav Playback Problem
Aug 31, 2010

I have some .wav files I need to load into Express Scribe for a potential placement with a company for school. They will not play in windows media player, or Express Scribe. In ES it says "Opening audio file failed." After this I even downloaded other .wav files for school and they work and play just fine. I am totally at a loss as to why these particular files won't play. Another student said they are working fine for her. Any ideas? ...

Help Request For Audio Playback
Apr 12, 2011

Can anyone tell me how to change the playback on the DQS audio?  Right now I'm getting a playback of about 3 or 4 words, and it's more of a hindrance than a help.   ...

Ctrl G Playback Highlighter And
Sep 12, 2012

I keep getting e-mails that I am not using this shortcut while editing in 7.1. I don't understand how it works (I've tried) and how is it helpful? Seems like unnecessary keystrokes to me. Anybody using it who cares to explain it? TIA ...

Audio/Playback Problems?
Nov 07, 2014

Anyone else having playback problems...delay in hearing dictation with foot pedal, jerky cursor movement?  ...

Express Scribe - What Settings Are You Using Under The Playback Tab
Feb 10, 2010

I wanted to know if anybody is using Express Scribe. If so, what settings are you using under the Playback tab. I am having a hard time listening to the doctors that I dictate for and the practice files I have to do for school (haven't passed my final yet). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

I'm Missing The Call. I Was Going To Watch A Playback Later, But I Think I'd
Oct 15, 2012

x ...

Audio Playback Keyboard Shortcuts
Oct 16, 2012

Does anybody know what the keyboard shortcuts are to stop and start audio playback in DQS? I know I have done it by accident before, and it keeps playing, unlike if you use the foot pedan where you have to hold it down the whole time.   I have never liked having to hold the pedal down.  I was used to Express Scribe, where you can tap to start and stop and don't have to keep your foot pressed down.  Now I am standing up some of the time while working to avoid s ...

Anything Other Than ExpressScribe To Playback Test Files?
Feb 25, 2014

Apparently, and I did not know this since I have not used it in a long time, it is no longer free to use with a footpedal.  I know I can play it back in Windows Media, but again, I cannot control it and it takes to long to transcribe anything. ...

How Do You Decrease Playback In EMDAT/Inscribe
Nov 01, 2014

I have racked my brain trying to figure this out and it's driving me nuts.  When I let up off the foot pedal the dictation goes back too far.  Anybody out there know?  Please help. ...

Foot Pedal/audio Playback
Jan 26, 2015

Does this happen to anyone else - your footpedal stops working in the middle of a note and you have to use the keyboard commands to finish playing the audio, you upload the job and the footpedal may work for the next note or may not.  Frustrating.  Not as good with the keyboard commands for audio.  I have shut down and restarted and that will help for a while.  Called IT and of course, they say my footpedal is fine and to shut down if it happens then log back in.  Its ri ...

QA Feedback Playback Control Panel Problems???
Jul 24, 2012

Is anyone having else having problems with the QA feedback playback control panel?? ?  Since around the end of June, my playback control panel is no longer stationary or fixed to the bottom of the window so that I could use it easily to playback, start and stop audio to listen to corrections.  It now is fixed to the bottom of the text and scrolls out of view if I'm at the top of the report.  Also list of corrections on the right also is no longer fixed to the screen and scrol ...

Anyone With Playback Problem With Practical Part Of M*Modal Test? Sm
Mar 21, 2012

I had no problems wit the objectiv questions but when I tried to use the keyboard controls or foot pedal to transcribe the sample reports, wouldn't work, even after I downloaded their footpedal software from Career Step.  ...

Express Scribe - I CANNOT Figure Out How To Create A Playback Time
Aug 06, 2012

I downloaded the free trial of ES on my computer which runs Windows 7. For some reason I CANNOT figure out how to create a playback time, the time when I lift my foot off the play pad and put it back on, and still hear some of what I JUST heard. You know what I mean. I have tried changing the numbers of what I think are the correct "playback controls," but to no avail. Will someone help me, please? TIA! ...

Fluency 7.2
Feb 03, 2013

Has anyone been on it yet and can tell us what issues were addressed? ...

MT Fluency
Mar 18, 2013

The new MT fluency I downloaded- obviously this is where we get work.  Does not have work right now?  No jobs are coming up, just wondering if there is something I didnt do right-just got back from vacation. ...

DQM Or Fluency Whatever
Apr 18, 2013

? ...

Need Help For Fluency (DQS) 7.2 - Please!!
Jun 06, 2013

I'm am away from home with my laptop and need to work tomorrow morning.  I thought I had Fluency 7.2 loaded on here, but I don't.  It's version 7.1.  Can anyone please let me know where to find the llink to download 7.2 is, or send me an email with the link?!!  I know I will get in trouble if I try to work on the old version.  I have the email from my TSM saved in the email system, but it won't let me get past the first page of emails to find it. &nbs ...

Help On Using Fluency And SR
Aug 23, 2013

What is the best way to make required lines in Fluency?  Got my hand slapped today being too slow.   ...

DQM Or Fluency Or
Oct 21, 2013

not working?  I am ready to chuck this MM rattletrap computer into the trash pile ...

Fluency Going Down Again, Or Just Me?
Nov 13, 2013

Fluency-I Know You Are Not Going To Believe This!
Dec 09, 2013

I suspected this because I thought "I know I typed that correctly" but this time I saw it happen.  I'm doing a standard report and typed metaphyseal awl, but Fluency changed it to metaphyseal scar, it just changed period.  How does that happen?  Lord have mercy, I really hate this system.  ...

Fluency Or Me?
Jan 03, 2014

I have tried and tried to like this stupid platform, but I just do not know if its me or the platform.  Before i used to get 1800 to 2000 lines a day no problem.  Now I can barely get 1000.  I just don't get it!!!!!  I am on the same acct, I'm not doing anything different, it just kills me!!!  What is it? ...

Is Fluency Down Or Just Me? NM
Feb 11, 2014

What Is Fluency?
Feb 16, 2014

Just curious.  Try to stay on top of what is going on in case I ever HAVE to reapply!!! ...

Fluency 7.4
Mar 19, 2014

Loaded 7.4 on my own computer.  Downloaded and put icon on desktop but I am unable to open it.  I sometimes will have this problem if I load links from MM through IE.  I used Chrome and FireFox but still unable to open...  Spoke to techs in India and they said it is because I'm using my own computer and to contact a domestic tech through my TSM.  You guys know so much so I thought I would send this out to you :)  Anyone?? ...

7.4 Fluency
Mar 20, 2014

I have found my line count dropping with the 7.4 and I really don't like it.  Seems to be more steps to take just to get out of the ADT field.  Anyone else feel this way? ...

Fluency Go Down For Anybody Else Just Now?
May 15, 2014

XX ...

Fluency Down?
Sep 25, 2014

Job didn't upload, said I can't access system until it can receive jobs!   ...

If Your Fluency Is Down Right Now, When You Are Able To
Oct 01, 2014

get back in again, will you please post that it's back up again?  Nobody ever seems to post that & I'm always late to notice it's up again!  And I will do the same if I notice it up first.  TIA   :) ...