A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

audio playback keyboard shortcuts - Gray

Posted: Oct 16, 2012

Does anybody know what the keyboard shortcuts are to stop and start audio playback in DQS?

I know I have done it by accident before, and it keeps playing, unlike if you use the foot pedan where you have to hold it down the whole time.   I have never liked having to hold the pedal down.  I was used to Express Scribe, where you can tap to start and stop and don't have to keep your foot pressed down.  Now I am standing up some of the time while working to avoid sitting so much, which is not healthy.  Having to hold the pedal down while standing is really annoying.  I have found that clicking the play button keeps it going, but I prefer to use keyboard shorcuts whenever I can, so if anybody can fill me in on that, that would be great.  I will try to remember to check F1 to see if it is in there next time I am in a job, but I might forget.

Thanks!

Gray

ctrl and space bar - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I tried that - Gray

[ In Reply To ..]
because I read it somewhere, but it did not work, so I thought it might be for an older version of DQS. I am using 7.1, is that what you are working in?

Thanks!

yes, works for me on 7.1 - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Hmm, guess I will have to try that again. - Gray
[ In Reply To ..]
Weird.

Thanks!

Turns out my word expansion software is making the shortcut not work - Gray

[ In Reply To ..]
I will have to see if there is a work around for it I guess.

Figured it out, - Gray

[ In Reply To ..]
so now I can use the keyboard to operate the audio. It makes standing up while working much more pleasant.

That's great. Glad you found the problem - and solution. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Help Request For Audio Playback
Apr 12, 2011

Can anyone tell me how to change the playback on the DQS audio?  Right now I'm getting a playback of about 3 or 4 words, and it's more of a hindrance than a help.   ...

Audio/Playback Problems?
Nov 07, 2014

Anyone else having playback problems...delay in hearing dictation with foot pedal, jerky cursor movement?  ...

Foot Pedal/audio Playback
Jan 26, 2015

Does this happen to anyone else - your footpedal stops working in the middle of a note and you have to use the keyboard commands to finish playing the audio, you upload the job and the footpedal may work for the next note or may not.  Frustrating.  Not as good with the keyboard commands for audio.  I have shut down and restarted and that will help for a while.  Called IT and of course, they say my footpedal is fine and to shut down if it happens then log back in.  Its ri ...

Keyboard Shortcuts
Sep 12, 2010

I read on one of these boards (darned if I can find if) something about using keyboard shortcuts. Several people mentioned they us ????. Unfortunately all I can rember is it started with an A and had 3 letters!!! Sorry, the brain does not remember what else there was to it. Any of you smart ladies out there figure out what I am trying to say??? Thanks for the help! ...

Fluency Keyboard Shortcuts
Jul 14, 2014

Does anybody know the keyboard shortcut to just minimize the web search window opened from within Fluency?  I know how to close it, but I want to just minimize it in case I need to look at what I found again. Thanks! ...

Fluency Editor And Audio With Keyboard
Apr 30, 2014

I can't make the Ctrl + Spacebar work to toggle the audio on and off (alternative to foot pedal) in the Fluency editor.  I am using the most recent rendition, 7.4 something, but it hasn't work in the last 2 renditions either.  All other commands seem to work.  I am wondering if this command works for others and it's more likely something to do with my system or if the command itself just doesn't work (is there a different combination anyone knows of)?  Rem ...

Kaspersky - Problem With Keyboard Functions And Audio Being Slow And Stuttering
Jan 23, 2010

I would still like to hear from anyone having a problem with keyboard functions and audio being slow and stuttering.  I have spent a great deal of time with support in the last couple of weeks and each person I speak to has a different suggestion.  A few weeks ago they installed Kaspersky because that is all that is available to us now and for the first few days, things were okay, now slow and stuttering again.  Now they are telling me my ISP service is too slow even though it is now several ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

First Day On DQS 7 - Playback Problem
Oct 15, 2012

At times, all of a sudden the playback will go back to the beginning. Very frustrating as I then have to find my place again. Is this is a problem for others - or am I accidentally hitting some key combination? ...

Fluency Playback
Nov 24, 2014

you know this accelerated playback thing we were told to disable?  anyone else experiencing that with this thing off it takes way longer to get through editing a job?  another way they've figured out how to get us to make less money?   dying here.   i was reading some of the other posts where they were saying they used to get 50,000/year doing transcription.  Holy Moly!!  the most i ever got, after 20 years of employment at the same hospital was abou ...

Very Weird .wav Playback Problem
Aug 31, 2010

I have some .wav files I need to load into Express Scribe for a potential placement with a company for school. They will not play in windows media player, or Express Scribe. In ES it says "Opening audio file failed." After this I even downloaded other .wav files for school and they work and play just fine. I am totally at a loss as to why these particular files won't play. Another student said they are working fine for her. Any ideas? ...

Ctrl G Playback Highlighter And
Sep 12, 2012

I keep getting e-mails that I am not using this shortcut while editing in 7.1. I don't understand how it works (I've tried) and how is it helpful? Seems like unnecessary keystrokes to me. Anybody using it who cares to explain it? TIA ...

Express Scribe - What Settings Are You Using Under The Playback Tab
Feb 10, 2010

I wanted to know if anybody is using Express Scribe. If so, what settings are you using under the Playback tab. I am having a hard time listening to the doctors that I dictate for and the practice files I have to do for school (haven't passed my final yet). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

I'm Missing The Call. I Was Going To Watch A Playback Later, But I Think I'd
Oct 15, 2012

x ...

Anything Other Than ExpressScribe To Playback Test Files?
Feb 25, 2014

Apparently, and I did not know this since I have not used it in a long time, it is no longer free to use with a footpedal.  I know I can play it back in Windows Media, but again, I cannot control it and it takes to long to transcribe anything. ...

How Do You Decrease Playback In EMDAT/Inscribe
Nov 01, 2014

I have racked my brain trying to figure this out and it's driving me nuts.  When I let up off the foot pedal the dictation goes back too far.  Anybody out there know?  Please help. ...

QA Feedback Playback Control Panel Problems???
Jul 24, 2012

Is anyone having else having problems with the QA feedback playback control panel?? ?  Since around the end of June, my playback control panel is no longer stationary or fixed to the bottom of the window so that I could use it easily to playback, start and stop audio to listen to corrections.  It now is fixed to the bottom of the text and scrolls out of view if I'm at the top of the report.  Also list of corrections on the right also is no longer fixed to the screen and scrol ...

Anyone With Playback Problem With Practical Part Of M*Modal Test? Sm
Mar 21, 2012

I had no problems wit the objectiv questions but when I tried to use the keyboard controls or foot pedal to transcribe the sample reports, wouldn't work, even after I downloaded their footpedal software from Career Step.  ...

Express Scribe - I CANNOT Figure Out How To Create A Playback Time
Aug 06, 2012

I downloaded the free trial of ES on my computer which runs Windows 7. For some reason I CANNOT figure out how to create a playback time, the time when I lift my foot off the play pad and put it back on, and still hear some of what I JUST heard. You know what I mean. I have tried changing the numbers of what I think are the correct "playback controls," but to no avail. Will someone help me, please? TIA! ...

DQS ASR Shortcuts
Jan 11, 2012

I have so much pain in my left hand from doing the Ctr Shift M shortcut to get the cursor to the spot the audio is (or at least in the vicinity). I use my left pinkie finger to push Ctr and Shift and my right hand to push M. Another new repetitive action injury...... I would like to fix. ...

PRINTING SHORTCUTS!!!
Oct 07, 2010

Good morning/afternoon MQ co-workers!   I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way I can print out my personal dictionary of shortcuts?  I have so many that I think I'm putting in duplicates now!  I'd really like to see what I've got and eliminate/add only relevant shortcuts. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!   (Have a blessed day)!!  ...

Shortcuts For M-Modal VR
Feb 26, 2012

I am trying to learn as many shortcuts as possible to get faster on M-Modal VR. Anyone out there with any tips or shortcuts could you please share?? So far I have been using: CTRL shift "I" - Slow down dictation. CTRL "I" - Speed up dictation. CTRL and arrow keys. CTRL Shift "H" for heading toggle. CTRL Shift "A" for caps toggle. CTRL Delete for word to the right. CTRL Backspace to delete word to the left. And then I use my expansions. Anyone have any other tips or tricks/shortc ...

Shortcuts For SR At Mmodal
Jan 21, 2013

Is there a website where the shortcuts for SR are listed?  I have lost mine, and need them again. ...

Bayscribe Shortcuts
Apr 10, 2014

I just got a new computer and when I went into Bayscribe I find that I have none of my hundreds of shortcuts I have been putting in over the last few years.  Any idea how to get them to show up on my new computer?   I know there has to be a way to transfer them.  Thanks for any assistance I can get.  ...

VR Shortcuts For EScription 11
Oct 25, 2014

I recently started a job that uses editscript 11 or eScription 11.  Some of the jobs are coming through as VR and I've never done VR on eScription before so I dont know any of the shortcuts. Would someone please be kind enough to provide me with the shortcuts? Even the basics would help till I'm able to find them on my own, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a place within the eScription platform where I can look them up?    ...

Shortcuts For Pharmacologic & Pharmacotherapy
Nov 16, 2009

I am working really hard on expanding my shortcuts to save time. So, 3-word phrases such as "thanks in advance" are "TIA", and 2-word phrases use the first 2 letters of each of the 2 words, such as "lesh" for left shoulder. What do I do with single words? That's the general question. My second question has to do with specific single words, "pharmacotherapy" and "pharmacologic". What would you put in your auto-correct options to make those words a short cut? TIA! :) ...

Useful Word Shortcuts, Especially For Newbies!
May 15, 2010

Came across this article on another forum - has a list of useful word shortcuts. Quite a handy list, particularly for newbies. Thought I'd share! http://hubpages.com/_hubmis/hub/Useful-Microsoft-Word-Shortcut-Keys-To-Save-Time ...

EditScript And Shortcuts Versus The Old Way
Mar 21, 2012

I've been using Edit script for a couple months now (like it)  and everytime I start using alt K and the other shortcuts I end up reverting back to my old ways (mouse), because it just seems faster for me.  I use the arrow keys, but still use the mouse because it seems like it requires less thought.  Is anyone else struggling with this?   ...

Where Can I Find A List Of The Shortcuts?
Apr 04, 2012

I use some of them but cannot find where they are listed so I can print them out. Thanks so much! ...