A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Yes, please let me sit here for 5 solid minutes while you take a break to eat - in the middle of dictating. ARGH. Jerks.

Posted: Oct 09, 2014

x

And listen to you chew and smack! Why do they eat with their mouths open. - I might cry. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yep, there is a resident on my primary account s/m - mtnest

[ In Reply To ..]
who loves to have a full conversation with other docs in the middle of her dictations, so I can't even silent fast forward through it. And she also curses and belches too. How demure...

This is a resident too, an ESL resident on top of that! Fun fun. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I complain to my TSM with all the job info, including doctor's name and number. - no patience

[ In Reply To ..]
I add my complaint too, of course. She then forwards it to the CSM who contacts the client. I have actually had success with a few of the complaints.

Similar Messages:

64 Minutes Of Phone Off The Hook - Not Wasting My Time Listening To The Entire 64 Minutes!
Mar 07, 2014

Only warrants periodic scans. If anyone comes back at me for that, they can listen to 64 minutes of nothing themselves. If the doctor dictated, too bad he did not follow protocol = put the dictation on hold when not dictating or hang up the phone! ...

Solid Information On What Is Going On With Landmark Transcription
Aug 17, 2010

Does anyone have any solid information on what is going on with Landmark?  I know they are doing layoffs, a friend of mine was laid off, but my account seems to be fully functional, no change in work status.  Someone said they they are closing and I was wondering if I should bail out or stick around.  ...

Stating Solid Shifts For IC Boldly In The Ad. Seriously?
May 25, 2013

Saw 2 ads posted here alone this week, perhaps there were more. Is it me or is this blantant disregard for IRS rules for IC. These ads state specific shifts and state for IC. Aren't these chancy moves on the part of the MTSO to actually put it in print publicly? Can't they get in trouble just for that? I am wondering if things have changed in rules for IC by the IRS or if I am losing my mind. Just touching base here for a reality check.  PS: I am not saying it isn't a 24/7 b ...

Wow. I Have Been Clocked In 45 Minutes, And My Inactive Time Shows As 34 Minutes.
May 08, 2013

It appears to be only counting the active time to be the actual time the audio is playing and not all the time I spend in ADT and formatting. Looks like they may be manipulating the figure to ding people "for not actively working" for long periods of time. Hmmm, building another way to fire people? ...

How Often Do You Take A Break?
Jul 18, 2010

I was just curious how often you get up to stretch your muscles and move around, etc.  I am trying to every hour or so take a 5 minute break or my muscles in my upper back and neck start to ache.     ...

What Happens When You Break A Job?
Jan 10, 2011

x ...

USING THE BREAK FUNCTION
Nov 10, 2009

Have you ever used the break function simply because you had a dictator that was so horrible that you got frustrated and sent it back?  I know that we are not supposed to do this and that MQ supposedly keeps track of how many breaks we use but I have to admit I have done this no occasion.  I had a report so bad a couple of weeks ago which was over 1000 seconds long and an ESL doctor, not to mention scratchy sound, etc.  About halfway through this thing I had already spent nearly 2 ...

CMT= +0.005 CPL, Or 55,000 Lines To Break Even
Mar 25, 2010

It was 275- for the exam when I took it, valid for 3 yrs. It took 2.5 hrs of my life, plus driving time to the big city. Worth it?  Maybe for job hunting. ...

Summer Break
May 28, 2010

How do other mothers deal with summer break when their kids are out of school as far as working for a company?  Do some companies let you have summers off and then return in the fall?  Do some MTs change their schedules around possibly doing work at night, etc?  Any companies better about this than others? ...

Please Give Us A Break..........
Jul 15, 2010

How many Medical Transcriptionist right now feel like they are being discriminated against because of your lack of experience?  Why are Medical Transcription companies only looking to hire experienced Medical Transcriptionist in a certain field?   Don't they realize the resources that are out there now, that can give someone the opportunity to grow in this field.  Right now there are so many people out of work and struggling to get a job and have little to no ...

Spring Break Or Spring Break?
Apr 13, 2011

Spring Break or spring break?  ...

Are We No Longer Getting Break Pay?
Aug 17, 2012

I noticed today that the break pay section of the timesheet was gone today and when I clocked off a minute ago after working for 7 hours that in the "break" box, it said 0.00, when usually it would be 0.33.  Anyone know?  I know it's not a lot of money, but I usually get about 3 hours per pay period and about $30.  I would hate to lose that, cause every dollar counts. ...

How Often Do You Take A Break And For How Long? Sm
Jan 25, 2015

I am trying to increase my production and am wondering if I push through could I take a break and then be more productive when I go back.  How often do you take a break and for how long? ...

Typed As Dicated, I Can't Seem To Break It Up
Feb 08, 2010

She has had bilateral tremors dating back at least a year and a half, when we first saw her in July, and noted a long history of anxiety and Geodon use, the latter starting about 3 months before the tremor, and at the time noticed on exam a 4-extremity tremor, worse right greater than left, a mixed rest and action, with marked rigidity right greater than left, upright gait with some posture instability and a masked facies with a decreased blink rate and a po ...

Just Sick Of It - Give Me A Break!
Sep 15, 2010

I hate it when "supposedly" the platform is not functioning properly or their system is "down" because I am making way too many lines for your (MTSO) taste. Then, it is finally "fixed" and you give me the worst and oldest dictations available.  Who exactly are you kidding?  Is this supposed to slow me down so I don't get that many lines.  Give me a break - I know this trick, been an MT way too long.  Just had to vent - Please do not try to convince me this is in my imagi ...

Using EMR Give Tax Break To Companies
Dec 09, 2011

Ran across this on Internet. Interesting. Section 179 Tax Code-2011 Expires  Section 179 has been extended to 2011 and made BIGGER! Section 179 of the IRS tax code allows businesses to deduct the full purchase price of qualifying Software/Equipment purchased or leased during the tax year. That means that, if you buy (or lease) a piece of qualifying equipment, you can deduct the FULL PURCHASE PRICE from your gross income. Cost of the Equipment/Software: $150,000Section 179 Depreciat ...

Low Work Due To Spring Break???
Mar 20, 2013

Now low work this morning is due to spring break.  Next week it will be Easter.  What then??  To my knowledge hospitals are open 27/7 and still take patients.  Wonder what the next excuse will be--why don't they just tell the truth.  ...

Break On Awful Dictators
Jun 22, 2013

To bad we don't get a break with the awful dictators. When you get those your line count goes down, and you are dinged for that. Really sucks when your line count for the week is above the minimum but all there is to do in the que are the hard to hear....now line count is below minimum :( ...

Unpaid 30 Minute Break And...
Jul 22, 2013

I don't mind having an unpaid 30-minute break, but the thing that bothers me about some of these companies is the fact that it is tiring sitting at a computer for 8 hours and getting only a 30 minute break.  If I want two more 15 minute breaks those can be worked in, but then I have to add back 30 more minutes to my time! I like to at least stretch ever hour or so.  :/  ...

Hiring Again. Give Me A Break.
Nov 13, 2013

Good grief. MM ad just came up on Craigslist in my area. Geez, I figured, since we are entering the holiday season, it must be time for layoffs. ...

Do We *have* To Take A Lunch Break, Or Can We Just Work
Feb 02, 2015

x ...

California Rest Break FYI
May 15, 2015

"(c) If an employer fails to provide an employee a meal or rest orrecovery period in accordance with a state law, including, but notlimited to, an applicable statute or applicable regulation, standard,or order of the Industrial Welfare Commission, the OccupationalSafety and Health Standards Board, or the Division of OccupationalSafety and Health, the employer shall pay the employee one additionalhour of pay at the employee's regular rate of compensation for eachworkday that the meal or rest ...

Registered Nurse Wants To Break Into MT Field
Jan 18, 2010

I have been working in this field for many, many years.  When I started, it was a little easier to break into this field.  It was in an era when everyone didn't work at home and every company didn't require 2 years experience.  I figured the newbies on this board would know the answer to my question.  I have a friend who has been an RN for years and would like to break into the MT field.  Being that she has terminology/medical experience, is there any way ...

Does Break Send A Job Right Back To The Pool?
Feb 17, 2010

I've been told abandon leaves the job out in limbo for a couple of hours. ...

S/l Bronto Was Used To Break These Stones Up, I.e., Gallstones
Aug 12, 2010

I've got almost the exact same word question as someone below, not sure if we're from the same company or if this is just a wild coincidence, but I thought I'd try again for responses.   This is in a cholecystectomy:   The gallbladder was then removed from the bed of the liver and placed into an EndoCatch bag and retrieved through the subxiphoid incision. This had to be enlarged somewhat due to the large nature of the stones. The <__(s/l bronto)_____> was ...

Abandon Or Break Very Long Report
Jan 08, 2011

I have a report in my queue that is 3183 seconds in length and I am currently typing a 1000-second report.  When I finish my current report, I know I won't have time to type the 3000-second report before we go into maintance, and will lose it all if I tried.  I know this is dictation through the whole 3000 seconds because I know who is dictating it.  In 6 years, I have never abandoned or broke a report before, but I'm going to have to do so now and leave a message t ...

From Thread Below, Clocking Out For Potty Break?
Jan 20, 2011

I never clock out for breaks.  Am I supposed to?  I am scheduled for 4 hours at a time with a 1-hour break in the middle.  If I clock out for a break, don't I have to make up the time at the end of my shift?  I don't wanna do that.  I take a break whenever I feel like it.  I can't type 4 hours straight.  How does it work for everybody else? ...

MT Week / Take A Union Break - Monday
May 15, 2011

Since apparently we MTs aren't ready to go on strike en masse - and some are deadset against it - how about this Monday, for MT Week, Take A Union Break, and watch an informative video, which talks about people getting fired for union organizing: Just Google: Mike Elk Video Stop Unionbusting Interestingly, it's two men talking: Would the video come across differently, if two women were talking about union busting? How about union busting as it affects telecommuters and other a ...

MT Week / Tuesday / Take A Union Break
May 16, 2011

Suggested Activity: Keep Track of Your Donations I've heard time and again the complaint that MTs are expected to do work for which they are NOT being compensated. Well, there's a name for that – it's called "a donation." Starting today, keep track of the donations you make as an MT to your company – you can even print up a form, so you can keep track for an entire month – is it the header you don't get paid for? What exactly are the items in the header you ...

MT Week / Wednesday / Take A Union Break
May 18, 2011

Suggested Activity: Check out this union that actually worksâ€Â¦and send greetings! All you need to do is Google: Hospital Workers, Facing Layoffs, Launch Counterattack On Executives The union involved is National Union of Healthcare Workersâ€Â¦and guess what – when they were asked to make big concessions, they said no – and pointed out how much money the hospital bigwigs were getting – why not start with cutting THEIR pay, instead of asking the average worker to embrace painf ...