A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

When text is typed and Ctl/S/H is used to make it a header, does that - count as text we get paid for?

Posted: Nov 13, 2012

?

Nope. We are only paid for "Black Characters" not red - even if you typed it first and

[ In Reply To ..]
changed it to a red heading - Black characters only.

Wait. - We get paid for red headers

[ In Reply To ..]
right?

Yes, we do. - Just Sayin NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

We get paid for headers, just not ADT or CC's - See policy at website. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Count some reports .... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I tried that and the line count did not include the red headers. Maybe I did something wrong but that's the conclusion I came to.
Here is how I check line count, and it shows - we do get paid for headers
[ In Reply To ..]
I've used this same method time and time again, and unless I'm doing something wrong, we get paid for everything on the page.

I take a report, copy and paste entire contents of report into an MS Word document. Use the word count option. It shows total words, total characters with spaces, or without spaces, etc.

A report I did today showed:

Characters (no spaces): 10,802
Characters (with spaces): 12,994

So if we are paid based on a 65-character line, and paid for spaces, that means we take the characters with spaces total and divide by 65, right?

That gives me a line count of 199.91.

DQM actually shows 200.98 for that report.

Doing the same for a different report yields similar results - DQM actually shows a tiny bit higher line count than MS word calculates. So unless I'm doing something wrong, we are getting paid for everything, including headers.

Similar Messages:

Chartscript.net - Make The Text Look Bigger
May 20, 2011

Is there a way to make the text look bigger in your document screen without actually altering what gets sent through to facility?   ...

Regarding Header And Footer Pay....
Feb 18, 2015

Does anyone know what the lines add up to per report? I never could figure out what it really was worth. ...

Need Header/footer Help In MSWord
Feb 16, 2011

Header/footers is probably my weakest area in knowing Word.  Hopefully someone who understands them can help. On Page 1, I don't need a header. On subsequently pages, I need them numbered (page 2 of 2, or 2 of 3, etc.). On Page 1, I need a street address footer.  On the last page, I need a confidentiality disclaimer. Is this possible? ...

Header/footer Use In Word 2007
Jun 30, 2010

Hi,  I use Word 2007 for work.. Yesterday I must have hit some sort of function key that turned on a blue box that surrounds information in header/footer and I have no idea how to turn this off.  Called IT,, must have been busy because they assured me that this box cannot be seen on completed reports.  Shut down PC and when restarted the blue box is still there.. what function key(s) would I do to make it go away, drives my eyes batty ...

Instant Text - How Do You Bold Text?
Dec 07, 2011

I'm new to IT and have a question:  How do you bold text?  I went into "Edit" and see several options but not for bolding. Yes, it's probably in the manual but I'm on the clock right now so hope someone will post it here. Thanks! ...

How Should This Be Typed
Feb 23, 2010

1-1/2 inch or 1.5 inch Had a doctor say 1.5 inch needle and I was taught that it should be 1-1/2 inch needle. Thanks ...

How Is This Typed?
Aug 14, 2010

Is it 36 weeks and 1 day gestation or 36 weeks 1 day gestation?  Thanx ...

Typed By An ILP
Feb 03, 2012

Typed (not ASR):  CAT scan of the cervical area done on the genitalia first.  Dictated:  CAT scan of the cervical area done on January 31. This person isn't even on 100% QA.  You get what you pay for.   ...

6MP Protonix - Typed Right??
Nov 07, 2009

I'm just not sure.  thanks for any help! ...

No Pay For Lines Typed
Dec 04, 2013

No pay for lines typed (1400 to be exact).  Manager and supervisor won't address issue.  Have no contact with HR or Payroll as they will not respond to e-mails or phone calls.  Should I contact the labor board to get paid? ...

Wow, I Typed 1 Whole Report...
Nov 27, 2014

x ...

I Cant Seem To Get Into See My Lines Typed. Nm
Dec 09, 2014

nm ...

Typed As Dicated, I Can't Seem To Break It Up
Feb 08, 2010

She has had bilateral tremors dating back at least a year and a half, when we first saw her in July, and noted a long history of anxiety and Geodon use, the latter starting about 3 months before the tremor, and at the time noticed on exam a 4-extremity tremor, worse right greater than left, a mixed rest and action, with marked rigidity right greater than left, upright gait with some posture instability and a masked facies with a decreased blink rate and a po ...

Sentence Help? This Is Typed As Dictated
Feb 15, 2010

41-year-old woman with recurrent spells associated with headaches, long-term video EEG monitoring suggests these are nonepileptic seizures, and a patient with a history of depression and suffered a poor history of childhood abuse.     this sentence seems all wrong, yet I try to break it up and to me what I type looks wrong as well.  ...

Sentence Help?? Typed As Dictated.
Feb 18, 2010

Unfortunately, MRI does show the possibility of discogenic source of pain, but also epidural fibrosis. The latter is worrisome given source of pain below her legs.   this does not look right at all to me. maybe " MRI does show the possibility of a discogenic source of pain and also epidural fibrosis"  ? ...

I Typed For 13 Different Facilities Today.
Apr 20, 2010

Some of them were "sibling" facilities in a group, but all different specialties with different docs and their own CP's.  This is a regular day of typing for me.  Isn't that the pits? And I wonder why I can't type with any speed or confidence anymore?  I check and double check and listen and re-listen.  Long days.  ...

Yep, Counted Them. Typed For 9 Different Facilities.
Jun 28, 2010

They are all my "regulars."  Nothing new.  I don't even think I have a primary account any more; seems to be just first in-first out or something.    ...

Job Typed, But Not On Statistics Detail Log Which
Jun 28, 2010

means I typed a job, but someone else got the credit for it.  Im new to MQ and I dont know what I did to have this happen.  I sure dont want it to happen again.  Has this happened to anyone else?  When IT researched the jobs it said it had been "discarded." ...

Just Had A Doc, Total Stranger, Never Typed Before,
Mar 18, 2011

I had a great weekend.  It was so nice.  Takes so little to make me a happy camper anymore. ...

L4-L5-S1 Infusion? Is This Typed Correctly?
Sep 29, 2011

Dr. says the patient underwent an L4-L5-S1 infusion. Or is it fusion? Also not sure if the L4 through S1 is typed correctly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Typed Stenotic Coughing?
Apr 10, 2012

I was typing a discharge summary and the physician said stenotic coughing. I looked it up, but could not find anything. Thanks for the responses. ...

Typed 24 Reports So Far; Have Earned 24.97
Apr 20, 2012

nm ...

Well, I've Typed 19 Reports Today
Apr 04, 2013

but guess I should be happy I'm still here.  How are we supposed to live off this? ...

ANYONE EVER GET PAID PER TYPED PAGE??
May 07, 2013

I am working for a new company and they have different pay rates for different accounts. They are offering for a new account to pay $1.00 per typed (double-spaced)page. I've never been paid per page before, always per line. Is this a good rate? It honestly seems kind of low to me. ...

Has Anybody Had A TYPED Job Post-audited Or Only
Dec 21, 2013

nm ...

Question For MTs Who Typed On Typewriters
Feb 07, 2014

I am asking this just out of curiosity.  If you type on a typewriter way back when, what did you do when they asked you to go back and add something or when you got to the end and they said, "Cancel this dictation?"  How in the world did you stay productive when you simply couldn't delete something or add lines and reformat easily?  My hats off to you all...must have been difficult to learn something new, but computer typing versus the typewriter, it's got to be better n ...

How Is Carotid Doppler Properly Typed?
Nov 04, 2009

Is it capitalized?  carotid dopper, carotid Doppler, or Carotid Doppler? ...

Keeping Track Of Time Typed
Aug 16, 2011

Is there such a thing available that keeps track of "at the keyboard" typing time? I am one that gets up and down frequently throughout my work day and its hard to keep track of exactly how many actual hours I am typing.  I want something automatic that I don't have to remember to click on/off because if I could remember to do that, I could remember to write it down :)  Anyone know of something like this? ...

What Percentage Of Your MQ Work Is ASR And Would You Be Making More If You Straight Typed It?
Oct 19, 2009

x ...

Breast Cancer Staging: MpT2(i)N0(i+)M0 ?? Typed Right?
Jun 12, 2011

I think I'm mainly concerned about the plain " (i) behind the T2 ??  ...