A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need header/footer help in MSWord - ICManiac

Posted: Feb 16, 2011

Header/footers is probably my weakest area in knowing Word.  Hopefully someone who understands them can help.

On Page 1, I don't need a header. On subsequently pages, I need them numbered (page 2 of 2, or 2 of 3, etc.).

On Page 1, I need a street address footer.  On the last page, I need a confidentiality disclaimer.

Is this possible?

Yes, it's all possible. - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
Look up First Page Header in Word's help file. You'll also find info in the help file on different page headers or footers and on how to do your page numbering. It's too much info for a forum post.

Maybe this will help - an

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not too great at headers and footers either, but maybe this can help you:

To have a different first page, go to your view menu, select header and footer, click on the page setup icon, go to the layout tab, and select "different first page".

For the page numbering, on the header and footer menu (in the view tab) if you click on Auto Text, select option "page x of y" - that will number your pages.

You could also just type in Headers and Footers in your microsoft help bar and it will bring up help for all the options you need!!!

Hope I made a bit of sense!!!

thanks much!! - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
I had gotten completely lost in the help section. Thank you for heading me in the right direction!!

No problem! I hope it helped! - an

[ In Reply To ..]

microsoft also has tutorials in video you can watch for all - versions of Word. check it out.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Regarding Header And Footer Pay....
Feb 18, 2015

Does anyone know what the lines add up to per report? I never could figure out what it really was worth. ...

Header/footer Use In Word 2007
Jun 30, 2010

Hi,  I use Word 2007 for work.. Yesterday I must have hit some sort of function key that turned on a blue box that surrounds information in header/footer and I have no idea how to turn this off.  Called IT,, must have been busy because they assured me that this box cannot be seen on completed reports.  Shut down PC and when restarted the blue box is still there.. what function key(s) would I do to make it go away, drives my eyes batty ...

Msword Error
Jul 16, 2012

I work for a help desk, and my users are getting msword error when they go to view/sign documents for patients.  The error is not specific, just that msword crashed.  After closing word I get the following error on probity: A non-DocObject is open or loaded. Use File/Close to destroy it. Can someone help me out with a solution so my user can view and sign documents again? Thanks! ...

Using Shorthand In MSWord
Jul 19, 2012

Anyone know how to jump to your blank fields to be filled in (-) set up in Shorthand in MSWord?  One of the new accounts I am on requires us to type in Word and paste.  In Meditech, F3 allows me to jump to the - throughout my Shorthand shortcuts.  This does not work in MSWord.  Any suggestions? ...

When Text Is Typed And Ctl/S/H Is Used To Make It A Header, Does That
Nov 13, 2012

? ...

Comparing Line Counts In DQS And MSWord
Jun 08, 2010

Have been keep a comparison chart (DQS and MSWord) for line counts for some time....anyone else doing this? ...

Anyone Use The "blue Background/white Text" Feature In MSWord '03?
Oct 22, 2009

I'm wanting to use this feature to reduce eyestrain but I'm afraid that my reports will upload to my client in this format. If I use the "blue background/white text" format, does this only show for me (on my PC only) or will it show when the document is opened by anyone?  I just want to make sure that when the client gets them, they're getting the traditional white/black document and not my blue one.  I'm not even sure if the client even opens them or if they just ...

MSWord "Word Count"
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know how MSWord calculates it's lines in the "Word Count" feature under the Tools category?  I took the number of "characters with spaces" and divided that by 65 and got a totally different number of lines than what was listed under their "Lines" category, so they obviously don't use a 65 char line and I can't seem to find any information on their website about this.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  ...

What's With The "new" Header Look???
May 09, 2012

Like I wasn't irked enough on here, now the header is changed.  To me, this is more time consuming to toggle back and forth - back to see these Dr. names to add to report among other crap.   Shoot me now. ...